Attending US Jr. Amateur at Baltusrol?

umassgolferumassgolfer Members Posts: 774 ✭✭
So the US Jr. Amateur is taking place at Baltusrol next week. It's right by my house and I don't have much going on so I thought about attending. Anyone know if it is open to public? If so, is it paid admission?

I did a quick search here and on the USGA website and didn't find anything; hoping maybe someone here will know?

Anyone else attending/want to meet up out there?

Comments

• SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    I'd almost bet the bank that it's open to the public. Not sure if they'll charge anything though.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • ESPESP ClubWRX Posts: 632 ClubWRX
    I attended the junior am last year and don't recall paying anything to get in.
    M3 440 10* Aldila Tour Green S<br />M3 3w MRC Pro White 70 TX<br />SLDR 17* Black Tie Stiff<br />JPX 900 Tour (4-9), C-Taper 120S<br />Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58, C-Taper 120S<br />Bettinardi BB0 DASS
  • mjbfybmjbfyb Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    “Come out and watch! Both championships are free to attend, and fans are encouraged to come out and see the best junior golfers in the world, at two of the top venues in the game, in person all week long!”

http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2018/u-s--junior-amateur/articles/9-things-to-know--u-s--junior-amateur-and-u-s--girls-junior-.html

• trevorschutrevorschu No Laying Up Members Posts: 23
    Anyone know if the pro shop will be open to public??
  • sanditesandite Sandite Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Wish I was able to attend. I have a former high school golfer of mine playing in it.
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,237 mod
    trevorschu wrote:

Anyone know if the pro shop will be open to public??

I would say the golf shop is but the clubhouse isn't. Have fun

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,110 ✭✭

So the US Jr. Amateur is taking place at Baltusrol next week. It's right by my house and I don't have much going on so I thought about attending. Anyone know if it is open to public? If so, is it paid admission?

I did a quick search here and on the USGA website and didn't find anything; hoping maybe someone here will know?

Anyone else attending/want to meet up out there?
    http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2018/u-s--junior-amateur/articles/2018-u-s--junior-amateur--fan-info.html
  • umassgolferumassgolfer Members Posts: 774 ✭✭
    Thanks - not sure how I missed that. I might head out there tomorrow or Thursday. If anyone else is going, PM me and we can meet up.
  • OBbogey5OBbogey5 Falconer Members Posts: 960 ✭✭
    I just watched this wrap up on Fox Sports 1. Uninterrupted coverage...check that out!

Anyways, fun to see on tv. And the young 16 year old champ, in his victory interview, said he was honored because Tiger Woods, his “favorite golfer of all time” is on that trophy. Yes, this is a Tiger thread.

I’m always ears-up when it comes to young golfers opinions’ of Woods. I doubt this youngster remembers when Tiger won his last major, but he’s his favorite golfer of all time. I think that’s incredible. TW’s life, career, legacy is all a very intriguing issue - da da dada...
  • McCann1McCann1 Tour Player Members Posts: 1,729 ✭✭
    Ah my friend knocked out Karl Vilips but lost in the quarters
    Enjoy the chase.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,892 ✭✭
    edited Jul 21, 2018 #12
    We had two kids , Phillips and J. Bridgeman. Both from 5 minutes from my house make the field of 16. And Phillips brother is in the us am at pebble. What are the odds of 3 kids from 1 town taking 3 spots and 2 being brothers?
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot