Stance gets too wide

I realized today my stance was way too wide on some of my shots causing me to hit fat and pushes. I never thought about it before but too wide would make it really hard to get to the left side and restrict my turn. As soon as I started narrowing my stance I’m hitting really nice straight shots. upped my gir

Comments

• Spinedoc2304Spinedoc2304 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    I kinda had the opposite problem.

At 6’2”, my stance was narrow. We’ve always heard the stance should be shoulder width. Well I actually measured my shoulder width and found that after I set my heels to this width it felt uncomfortable... but..I wasn’t swaying off the ball and my ballstriking, which was always a groove or two thin, was solid.

Took some range work and a couple of rounds but now it feels great and with much better contact

Nick
  • 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers Posts: 3,591 ✭✭
    At 6-3 I can't use a wide or shoulder wide stance. With bad hips the wide stance does exactly what you stated. It restricts my hip turn and I can't get to the left side. With a narrower stance I can turn and get left. When my shots get bad it has a lot to do with my stance getting too wide.
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,518 ✭✭

I kinda had the opposite problem.

At 6'2", my stance was narrow. We've always heard the stance should be shoulder width. Well I actually measured my shoulder width and found that after I set my heels to this width it felt uncomfortable... but..I wasn't swaying off the ball and my ballstriking, which was always a groove or two thin, was solid.

Took some range work and a couple of rounds but now it feels great and with much better contact

Nick

Likewise for me.
    Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R

Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 S

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji