Your Golf Stereotype

2456710
10

Comments

  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #32
    rawdog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:
    I always approached the game like Bryson, before I even knew who he was. That's why I enjoy rooting for him.



    I can't win by pure athleticism, so I enjoy using my brain to give myself every advantage I can.



    For that reason, my friends all seem to bring their swing or equipment questions to me. I can answer the equipment ones with physics, but I am always hesitant to give swing advice!




    I would disagree Bryson uses his brain. He strikes me as a jock who tries to think. And he is actually very athletic. So you are like him how?




    I didn't mean to imply Bryson wasn't athletic, but I see how it could be read that way.



    If you don't think he uses his brain, I guess we are nothing alike then.



    He was very good at math in school, learning algebra at age 6. He loves learning. He is a good artist and paints very well. He uses Vector putting. Those are all things that resonate with me. I was a "jock" in high school. 3 sport varsity athlete. But as I got to higher levels of athletic, I just couldn't keep up. I also have an artistic side, and draw sketches and play instruments.



    Anyway, it was more in the way we approach the game. Similar attitude. This quote really resonated with me:



    Q. Well, is golf science or is it art?



    BRYSON DECHAMBEAU: Everybody asks me that question. I believe it's the same thing. Most people think that, oh, you're either technical or you're an artist, you're a feel player, whatever.



    It's a long discussion. But kind of simplify it, it's more about combining the two for me to make me play my best golf. If I can have these technicalities and underlying principles that allow me to apply it better on the golf course, great.



    Now, once I get on the golf course I've got to play some golf and that requires some intrinsic artistry that comes about from experience, I guess. I'm only 22. I don't have that much experience. But, at the same time, having the little amounts of knowledge, that experience helps me to play better golf.




    I read that paragraph and the guy just does not come across as smart.



    It’s a long discussion: means , I dont feel like using words right now.



    I have technicalities and principles ? Means ... you’ve got me.



    Once I get on the golf course I’ve got to play some golf: means ... well duh! That’s where one plays golf !



    Having the little amounts of knowledge: means... now the truth comes out!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jwhite86jwhite86  802WRX Points: 269Handicap: 12ClubWRX Posts: 802 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #33
    I like to play fast... slow play kills me



    I like to tinker with clubs



    I will not worry about a lost ball
    Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OH 3043WRX Points: 144Handicap: 7.9Members Posts: 3,043 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 18, 2018 #34
    BB28403 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:
    I always approached the game like Bryson, before I even knew who he was. That's why I enjoy rooting for him.



    I can't win by pure athleticism, so I enjoy using my brain to give myself every advantage I can.



    For that reason, my friends all seem to bring their swing or equipment questions to me. I can answer the equipment ones with physics, but I am always hesitant to give swing advice!




    I would disagree Bryson uses his brain. He strikes me as a jock who tries to think. And he is actually very athletic. So you are like him how?




    I didn't mean to imply Bryson wasn't athletic, but I see how it could be read that way.



    If you don't think he uses his brain, I guess we are nothing alike then.



    He was very good at math in school, learning algebra at age 6. He loves learning. He is a good artist and paints very well. He uses Vector putting. Those are all things that resonate with me. I was a "jock" in high school. 3 sport varsity athlete. But as I got to higher levels of athletic, I just couldn't keep up. I also have an artistic side, and draw sketches and play instruments.



    Anyway, it was more in the way we approach the game. Similar attitude. This quote really resonated with me:



    Q. Well, is golf science or is it art?



    BRYSON DECHAMBEAU: Everybody asks me that question. I believe it's the same thing. Most people think that, oh, you're either technical or you're an artist, you're a feel player, whatever.



    It's a long discussion. But kind of simplify it, it's more about combining the two for me to make me play my best golf. If I can have these technicalities and underlying principles that allow me to apply it better on the golf course, great.



    Now, once I get on the golf course I've got to play some golf and that requires some intrinsic artistry that comes about from experience, I guess. I'm only 22. I don't have that much experience. But, at the same time, having the little amounts of knowledge, that experience helps me to play better golf.




    I read that paragraph and the guy just does not come across as smart.



    It’s a long discussion: means , I dont feel like using words right now.



    I have technicalities and principles ? Means ... you’ve got me.



    Once I get on the golf course I’ve got to play some golf: means ... well duh! That’s where one plays golf !



    Having the little amounts of knowledge: means... now the truth comes out!




    I didn't post it to prove or disprove his intelligence. I just meant I generally agree with what he said.



    I prepare in a very rigid and technical way. I practice vector putting and feel slope percentages with my feet. I do all that as preparation before I get to the course so I can "play golf" without thinking in a technical way.



    Applying little amounts of knowledge like vectors can go a long way. Or descending loft on a putter.



    Whether the guy is "smart" or not, I don't really know. That's a pretty subjective term.



    You could be dumb as a rock but incorporate intelligent principles of physics into your game.
    Posted:
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5*
    On -, @44.5"

    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue
    On -, @41.5" 5W = 19*

    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue
    On -, @41.5" 7W = 23*

    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled
    On -, @33.5"

    Maxfli SoftFli
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer  700WRX Points: 104Handicap: 11.0Members Posts: 700 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Jul 18, 2018 #35
    cardoustie wrote:


    shaft experimenter

    equipment ho

    fast player

    swing hard and find it



    The exact opposite of a ball hawker



    My new buddies said this to me last year "anyone that doesn't know you would think you'd be awful, fancy MyJoys untied, shirt half untucked, fat boy, saunter to tee, use a martini tee, and then you blast the ball down the middle every single freaking time"


    HAHAHAH, we would get along very good style wise / I get the same of my friends, you realize people hate you when they don't know you :-) .

    But Good manners and a friendly word , and than they get to know me :-)

    Always positive on the course, EVERY GOLF day is a GREAT day
    Posted:
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #36
    rawdog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

    rawdog wrote:
    I always approached the game like Bryson, before I even knew who he was. That's why I enjoy rooting for him.



    I can't win by pure athleticism, so I enjoy using my brain to give myself every advantage I can.



    For that reason, my friends all seem to bring their swing or equipment questions to me. I can answer the equipment ones with physics, but I am always hesitant to give swing advice!




    I would disagree Bryson uses his brain. He strikes me as a jock who tries to think. And he is actually very athletic. So you are like him how?




    I didn't mean to imply Bryson wasn't athletic, but I see how it could be read that way.



    If you don't think he uses his brain, I guess we are nothing alike then.



    He was very good at math in school, learning algebra at age 6. He loves learning. He is a good artist and paints very well. He uses Vector putting. Those are all things that resonate with me. I was a "jock" in high school. 3 sport varsity athlete. But as I got to higher levels of athletic, I just couldn't keep up. I also have an artistic side, and draw sketches and play instruments.



    Anyway, it was more in the way we approach the game. Similar attitude. This quote really resonated with me:



    Q. Well, is golf science or is it art?



    BRYSON DECHAMBEAU: Everybody asks me that question. I believe it's the same thing. Most people think that, oh, you're either technical or you're an artist, you're a feel player, whatever.



    It's a long discussion. But kind of simplify it, it's more about combining the two for me to make me play my best golf. If I can have these technicalities and underlying principles that allow me to apply it better on the golf course, great.



    Now, once I get on the golf course I've got to play some golf and that requires some intrinsic artistry that comes about from experience, I guess. I'm only 22. I don't have that much experience. But, at the same time, having the little amounts of knowledge, that experience helps me to play better golf.




    I read that paragraph and the guy just does not come across as smart.



    It’s a long discussion: means , I dont feel like using words right now.



    I have technicalities and principles ? Means ... you’ve got me.



    Once I get on the golf course I’ve got to play some golf: means ... well duh! That’s where one plays golf !



    Having the little amounts of knowledge: means... now the truth comes out!




    I didn't post it to prove or disprove his intelligence. I just meant I generally agree with what he said.



    I prepare in a very rigid and technical way. I practice vector putting and feel slope percentages with my feet. I do all that as preparation before I get to the course so I can "play golf" without thinking in a technical way.



    Applying little amounts of knowledge like vectors can go a long way. Or descending loft on a putter.



    Whether the guy is "smart" or not, I don't really know. That's a pretty subjective term.



    You could be dumb as a rock but incorporate intelligent principles of physics into your game.




    It’s ok, sorry. He just gets to me. I know you didn’t post for this. Physics rocks!
    Posted:
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OH 3043WRX Points: 144Handicap: 7.9Members Posts: 3,043 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #37
    BB28403 wrote:




    It’s ok, sorry. He just gets to me. I know you didn’t post for this. Physics rocks!




    LOL, no need to apologize. I probably simplified my thoughts a bit in my original post.



    BTW, awesome downtown in Wilmington. Partied there once and had a blast. Don't remember too much, just that I had fun!
    Posted:
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5*
    On -, @44.5"

    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue
    On -, @41.5" 5W = 19*

    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue
    On -, @41.5" 7W = 23*

    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled
    On -, @33.5"

    Maxfli SoftFli
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty  3640WRX Points: 231Members Posts: 3,640 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #38
    Jeckyll and Hyde. Start out as a fun loving guy then somewhere along the round I go all Hyde after a succession of bad shots, then go back to Jeckyll after I realize it’s only a once a week hobby. No one gets through a day without a few good rationalizations.
    Posted:
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

    Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-PW Titleist AP1s
    50 degree GW Titleist SM4
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7 
    Ping Anser 6 Milled Putter
  • JoelsimJoelsim  1362WRX Points: 490Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,362 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #39
    The casual golfer. After 20 years not playing I now play 2 or 3 times per week and have done for the last year and a bit. I’ve changed all my equipment twice over in that time too.



    I hardly bother looking for a ball in the rough. A minute tops.



    I don’t write my score down or even take a scorecard, just use my GPS watch and count in my head how many over par, and if it’s a bad round I just experiment and give up the scoring.



    I have no idea what my official handicap is, but on my two home courses I’m scoring typically 80 ish, a little less, a little more.



    I have no want to join a society or play any games seriously, far more fun just to turn up, play, enjoy, have fun and not argue over rules.



    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Fairway: Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff and TaylorMade M6 3 Wood
    Utility: Wilson Staff Model Utility #3 Regular KBS
    Hybrid: Titleist TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S, Cleveland CBX 2 50 and 54 Rotex 
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Bettinardi Queen Bee #9 (Winn Dri-Tac), Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach (Winn Dri-Tac),  Cleveland Huntington Beach #10 (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Forza (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #40
    rawdog wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:




    It’s ok, sorry. He just gets to me. I know you didn’t post for this. Physics rocks!




    LOL, no need to apologize. I probably simplified my thoughts a bit in my original post.



    BTW, awesome downtown in Wilmington. Partied there once and had a blast. Don't remember too much, just that I had fun!




    You are correct sir! 140 bars and counting! Haha
    Posted:
  • MattH89MattH89  40WRX Points: 17Members Posts: 40 Bunkers
    Joined:  #41
    The planner. I play every hole backwards giving myself shots I know I have the best chance of executing. Sees me hitting a lot of weird clubs off the tee, but also sees me making a lot more birdies because I know my game instead of just trying to get every shot as close as possible.
    Posted:
  • ratsprosratspros  975WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 975 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #42
    I'm the drunk apparently. Haven't had a round yet this year when I have had less then 8 beers on the course.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ((hoselrocket))((hoselrocket))  110WRX Points: 77Members Posts: 110 Fairways
    Joined:  #43
    David Sims- I usually always try to make the safe play & take the big number off the scorecard.



    I also will look better than anyone on the first tee. I also have flaming OCD about not mixing apparel companies with my outfits. FJ’s go with anything btw. However my bag has 5 companies in it. Go figure...
    Posted:
  • mr.hickstamr.hicksta  360WRX Points: 55Handicap: 11.5Members Posts: 360 Greens
    Joined:  #44
    Club ho/tinkerer guy. Oh and extra medium shirt guy!
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5º | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4
    TaylorMade SIM 3W 15º| ACCRA TZ5 75 M4
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB 3i 19º | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4
    Epon AF-505 4-PW | Nippon Modus3 Tour130 S
    Epon Tour 50º F, 54º N, 58º O Mid | Nippon Modus3 Tour 130 X
    Edel E-4
    Titleist ProV1
  • daegyudaegyu  236WRX Points: 10Handicap: 4.1Members Posts: 236 Fairways
    Joined:  #45
    I can recall every shot over the course of a round. I don't trust anyone when we have a $10 Nassau on the line
    Posted:
  • jbrunkjbrunk Central Illinois 680WRX Points: 145Handicap: 11Members Posts: 680 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #46
    I think I’m a grinder. I have a short memory, laser every shot, pace off every putt, and don’t count up my score until the round is over. I often play by myself, prefer walking, and have been known to skip around the course to play through a league or school team practice. Never played a private club course, rarely warm up, play a lot of twilight or early morning rounds.
    Posted:

    Ping G400 1W Alta CB 55

    Ping G400 3W Alta CB 65

    Ping G400 3Hy & 4Hy NV Green 85H

    Ping i200 4i-UW AWT 2.0

    Glide 2.0 50 54 58 AWT 2.0

    iNOVAi 3.0 CS

  • foxy222foxy222  85WRX Points: 31Handicap: 3Members Posts: 85 Fairways
    Joined:  #47
    The snacker... you can always count on me to have more granola bars in the bag than balls. If I don't snack on something after the turn my game is going to crap for sure. It has just become ritual.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer  700WRX Points: 104Handicap: 11.0Members Posts: 700 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #48
    " the hates to Search for balls Guy" gone is gone .. let's get on with it ��
    Posted:
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
  • Rapatt95Rapatt95 wow  570WRX Points: 65Handicap: lolMembers Posts: 570 Bunkers
    Joined:  #49
    Ghostwedge wrote:
    My wife once said to me ʻ WTH is that all about?, you spend a minute looking for your tee and a 15 second glance for a $3 golf ball?"

    Lol.


    I was using the same tee for about a month and a half. When I hit a bad drive with it and was looking to see where the ball went, I didn’t notice where the tee went. The tee box was right beside a creek, and when I went to pick it up, it was nowhere to be found.



    I couldn’t even give it a proper burial
    Posted:
    Titleist 909d3 Diamana Blue 60s
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
    Titleist 913h 19* Diamana Blue 82h s+ 
    Ben Hogan PTx 22*-34* C-Taper Lite 115x (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth 15 37*-45* C-Taper Lite 115x
    Ping Glide Forged 50* DG TI S400 (Thank you GolfWRX and Ping!)
    TM TP ATV 54* KBS Tour-V Wedge
    Vokey SM5 58* DG Wedge
    Ping 1959 B60
  • nattybohknowsnattybohknows  367WRX Points: 48Handicap: 16.6Members Posts: 367 Greens
    Joined:  #50
    I give up on looking for my lost ball (whether OB or even in the rough) much quicker than I should and then wonder why my supply is running low.



    I play often with people who are better than me so I always have the internal clock in my head of not slowing them down. I dont play for cash or an official handicap so in my head as long as I know about where it went out of bounds I will play it from there. I just dont like spending my round digging and has a nasty tick bite last year from it.



    I also give away golf balls liberally to other playing partners when they screw a drive up and want a mulligan.



    Since I don't pay retail for golf balls it has never really been a problem, but I noticed for the first time I can remember I have less than a dozen golf balls in my bag (other than some volvik crystals a coworker got me as a joke). My normal supply guy has gone AWOL so last round I actually had to play much more cautiously.



    On the plus side I have 6 dozen on the way from GolfBallsDirect which should be here before my next scramble Monday.



    I also am the guy who read too much from this site and ask one my frequent playing partners why he plays a stock 87 gram shaft as he is smoking it 50 yards past mine.... the people I play with give could care less about the technical stuff.
    Posted:
  • mshillsmshills On golf hiatus. Auto accidents suck. Pittsburgh, PA — South Hills 3876WRX Points: 191Handicap: ?Members Posts: 3,876 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #51
    I'm the ready golfer.



    Unpredictable schedule so I'm also often the solo golfer.



    My fixation on ready golf has rubbed people the wrong way before. If I"m ready to play and it is safe to play, I play. Occasionally I've been paired with someone who did not appreciate that.
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • Brooky03Brooky03  209WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 209 Bunkers
    Joined:  #52
    I'm the guy who keeps score until a stretch of really bad holes and then says, 'to **** with it.'
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J2puttsJ2putts  638WRX Points: 85Handicap: 6.6Members Posts: 638 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #53
    I laser everything and I talk to myself out loud describing what I want to do with the upcoming shot.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Driver 9.0 PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Cobra F9 3W 13.5 Atmos Blue stiff
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5
    TM Gapr Mid 22.5
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5 thru 7 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 8 thru PW ( irons all PX LZ 6.0 120G )
    Callaway MD3 50 S Grind
    Callaway MD4 54 S Grind
    Callaway MD4 58 W Grind
    Oddysey O Works Jailbird Mini

    Snell MTB-X
  • halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #54
    Joelsim wrote:


    The casual golfer. After 20 years not playing I now play 2 or 3 times per week and have done for the last year and a bit. I’ve changed all my equipment twice over in that time too.



    I hardly bother looking for a ball in the rough. A minute tops.



    I don’t write my score down or even take a scorecard, just use my GPS watch and count in my head how many over par, and if it’s a bad round I just experiment and give up the scoring.



    I have no idea what my official handicap is, but on my two home courses I’m scoring typically 80 ish, a little less, a little more.



    I have no want to join a society or play any games seriously, far more fun just to turn up, play, enjoy, have fun and not argue over rules.




    So you just "count in your head" and don't turn anything in for GHIN purposes, and have no idea what your official handicap is, yet post a "12" in your signature? Were you the the ringer on the scramble team I lost to last weekend who shot 16 under?
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • ttice6ttice6  119WRX Points: 29Members Posts: 119 Fairways
    Joined:  #55
    I’ll sum up my stereotype with this “motto”...If I look good then I’ll play good. And if I don’t play good at least I look good doing it.
    Posted:
  • FletchervilleFletcherville Cobra/Puma Apologist  53WRX Points: 26Handicap: 9Members Posts: 53 Bunkers
    Joined:  #56
    Reverse bell curve guy.

    Start out awful, end awful, the middle six is what keeps me coming back
    Posted:


    "Not Rich, Just Rad"
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3  1183WRX Points: 356Members Posts: 1,183 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #57
    Naptime wrote:


    Ready golf. Just keep moving along - if I can't find the ball in 2 minutes it's lost. OB as a lateral hazard.
    not to be creepy but I love you!!!!
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3  1183WRX Points: 356Members Posts: 1,183 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #58
    BB28403 wrote:

    Pigems wrote:
    Apparently I’m the slow guy, my son mentioned it me the other day. I had no idea?




    Take his inheritance away till he apologizes.
    o thank him and take it to heart and change yourvways
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3  1183WRX Points: 356Members Posts: 1,183 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #59
    Sadly I am consumed by pace of play
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • McgeenoMcgeeno  2165WRX Points: 291Handicap: 1.9Members Posts: 2,165 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #60
    I've got 2.



    I'm awkwardly fast. I have to consciously slow down so I don't make playing partners uncomfortable. I'm just ready to go and committed to the shot. See it and hit it.



    I also change my drivers way too much. Currently I have 3 newish Cobras on the BST for sale that I have had for less than a year. Even though I'm above average length I'm constantly searching for 10 extra yards.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TwoSevenTwoSeven  2WRX Points: 0Handicap: TBDMembers Posts: 2
    Joined:  edited Jul 25, 2018 #61
    Look Good, Feel Good, Play (Sometimes) Good!



    Also keeping things positive! Nobody wants to be mad on the course, might as well try to keep the mood up! Plus someone might just need that little boost to make their round even better.
    Posted:
10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.