Any News on a TaylorMade P770 Replacement? (Pics added pg 8)

Comments

• Smitty120Smitty120 MDMembers Posts: 441 ✭✭
    I have gamed the 750 and 730's through out the year. DG's in the 750's and Nippon's in the 730's. I really love the size of the 750 and slight added forgiveness on the poor ball striking days. 760's with foam and tungsten would be very interesting, I just hope they keep the topline thinner than the 770's.

M6 - Tensei Pro White 70TX

M3 HL - Tensei Pro White 80TX

P790 3 - ADDI 95X

P750 4-PW - X-100 Tour

MG Raw 52,58 - S-400 Tour

Toulon Garage Atlanta

TP5

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    These are the greatest of times to be a Ho who happens to love TM irons! I just picked up a set of 4-PW 770's brand new in the plastic for 1/3 the MSRP. I'll spend some more $ building them out to my specs, but still much better than paying $1199 from one of the big box stores with the same L/L/L.

I don't think the "760's" are going to be that much better. They may blend in some of the 790 features at the top end, and blend them better than a "combo" set of 790/770, but not to the point they are worth $1300?
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • coopdoyencoopdoyen Members Posts: 9
    Spoke with my rep today, the 760s are beautiful and feel even better. It took everything in me to hand them back to him. Its going to be a home run no doubt. They are releasing to tour staff in early October apparently so I would assume pics will leak soon. 50 and 52 confirmed, as well as a "John Rahm" grind option on the higher lofted wedges. Essentially a lower bounce on it. Once 750/770 components are gone that's it for that line.
    Ping G400 max 9.5*.... Tensei Orange 70g TX
    Cobra F7 15.5*.... Tour AD TP 80 TX
    Cobra F8 19*.... KBS Prototype 90 X
    Ping i210 4-PW .... Tour Issue X7 soft stepped
    SM7 Raw 50* & 55* .... Tour Issue s400
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*.... ​Tour Issue s400
    ​Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
  • MichaelJScottMichaelJScott SchruteFarms Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    saw them today. Very good looking head, with no plastic like the 770/750. its a small head with speedfoam & a screw in the 7-3 irons. 8,9,PW have no speedfoam. All clubs are forged and have a callaway x forged look too them. I dont think I will get them but they are a much better looking head than the past models. TM fans will love them.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,482 ✭✭
    coopdoyen wrote:

Spoke with my rep today, the 760s are beautiful and feel even better. It took everything in me to hand them back to him. Its going to be a home run no doubt. They are releasing to tour staff in early October apparently so I would assume pics will leak soon. 50 and 52 confirmed, as well as a "John Rahm" grind option on the higher lofted wedges. Essentially a lower bounce on it. Once 750/770 components are gone that's it for that line.

Pics?

saw them today. Very good looking head, with no plastic like the 770/750. its a small head with speedfoam & a screw in the 7-3 irons. 8,9,PW have no speedfoam. All clubs are forged and have a callaway x forged look too them. I dont think I will get them but they are a much better looking head than the past models. TM fans will love them.

Pics?

coopdoyen wrote:

Pics?

Pics?

none unfortunately. I couldnt snap one with the rep standing right in front of me.
  • trlgolftrlgolf Members Posts: 88
    I've heard nothing but good things about the 760's. It should be a winner for TM for sure but it'll be weird to not have a traditional MC to choose from.
    I do believe they will be great clubs. The blend of a smaller CB with foam and a classic CB in the lower irons should be a hit. I did not get to gauge topline at address but Like what I see! Hope topline is smaller than 770 and sole closer to 750 size. Pre order about a month from now with availability November.

P790 3 - ADDI 95X

P750 4-PW - X-100 Tour

Toulon Garage Atlanta

TP5

Smitty120 wrote:

I do believe they will be great clubs. The blend of a smaller CB with foam and a classic CB in the lower irons should be a hit. I did not get to gauge topline at address but Like what I see! Hope topline is smaller than 770 and sole closer to 750 size. Pre order about a month from now with availability November.

Topline is between 730 and 750
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,263 ✭✭
    Top line pic

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • SmithyinozSmithyinoz Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Looks fantastic. Can't wait for more pics.
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Sounds like a perfect iron for me, in for more pics please!
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 741 ✭✭
    taylorx300 wrote:
    Top line pic

Super clean. Top line and offset look great. Can’t wait for some more pics of the whole head. Did they say if they are going to add any new shaft options? Fujikura Pro 115 TS maybe? �
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,111 ✭✭
    Very clean and simple looking. Another for the 2019 iron replacement list.
    Was hard for me to tell and the glance I was given but they look like

More of 770 topline thickness in that photo.

P790 3 - ADDI 95X

P750 4-PW - X-100 Tour

Toulon Garage Atlanta

TP5

• StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    Looks a little girthy but hey, pictures never do irons justice. Very cool of you to share.
  • chriswchrisw Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Sign me up. That top line is perfect. Not too tiny but not p790 big. Looks like an ap3/ap2 kind of top line. I like it.
    taylorx300 wrote:

Top line pic

I’m looking and I’m liking:)
  • jeanderson3jeanderson3 Members Posts: 531 ✭✭
    I'm happy to have a combo of 750/770s, which I plan to keep forever, but the 760s sound like they're going to be worth a look, particularly based on the offset (lack thereof) and the top line. Anxiously awaiting more photos!

I don't care if you call me a "fan boy"...the 7 series flat out performs.
    Driver: TaylorMade M3 460 10.5 with Diamana Ahina 62g X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M3 15 with Tensei Blue X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M3 3 with KuroKage X
    Irons: 4-6 P770, 7-PW P750 with Nippon Modus 120 TX
    Wedges: TM Milled Grind 52, 56, 60 Hi-Toe Nippon Modus 120 TX
    Putter: TaylorMade Black Spider (DJ) with Itsy Bitsy sole plate and SuperStroke 1.0P
    Ball: TP5x
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,272 ✭✭
    chrisw wrote:
    Sign me up. That top line is perfect. Not too tiny but not p790 big. Looks like an ap3/ap2 kind of top line. I like it.

That top view looks exactly like a 790 with maybe .5mm less offset.
  • BacksidefloaterBacksidefloater Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    I'd hit that
    G400 Max 9*
    Rogue SZ 15*
    H818 H2 19*
    Z745 4-PW
    RTX4 50, 54, 58
    Touon San Diego
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

chrisw wrote:

I agree except I think the blade is a little shorter than the 790 heel to toe
    BiggErn wrote:

chrisw wrote:

I agree except I think the blade is a little shorter than the 790 heel to toe

Maybe. If it is it’s minute. At a glance it’s maybe 1mm shorter from grooves to heel.
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,027 ClubWRX
    coopdoyen wrote:

Regardless of how great the 760s turn out to be, and yes I'm definitely going to demo them, I can't help but feel a little bit sad over the 750/770 retirement. As a long time 2005 rac forged TP user, the P-750 are absolutely perfect to my eyes.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
    BiggErn wrote:

chrisw wrote:

How the s*** can you eyeball a half millimeter less offset?

It’s amazing, these things and they’re out in play already.
    Stanks wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

chrisw wrote:

Lol. I was just stating it looks just like a 790 with a tiny bit less offset.
    BiggErn wrote:

Stanks wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

chrisw wrote:

Lol. I was just stating it looks just like a 790 with a tiny bit less offset.

Ok ok. Point taken. I was worried my eyesight is going.

It’s funny that everyone always wants to see the top line and at address picture of a club when first released and now we got that bit no one wants to see the rest of the club face
    GolfBum82 wrote:

Let’s just see the pics

It’s only a matter of time before we see other views of the club.
  • NiasNias Members Posts: 28
    Would love to get some details about dimension and tech!
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,263 ✭✭
    Remember on the Pxxx models, the number referred to blade length - 730 being the smallest and 790 the longest.

760 will fit between the 750 and 770. The tech if you will is the use of speed foam and tungsten.

Pics cannot be released yet sorry
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black