Cameron Concept X putter

Comments

• bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,227 ClubWRX
    Saw one in store and got to roll putts.

It’s ugly and the insert feels too soft. Scotty has officially run out of ideas for his otr stuff. I’m a long time Scotty fan looking for a home.
    Taylormade M6 w/ATMOS black ts 6x<br />Taylormade M5 3 wood w/HZRDUS black 75 6.5<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • Fourpar18Fourpar18 Members Posts: 2,514 ✭✭
    I have one on the way...will report back!
  • fundustrialfundustrial Members Posts: 2
    I rolled a 01 yesterday; was super excited and ready to pull the trigger but seeing it in person and rolling it was not blown away. It's a much bigger blade than I was expecting (in terms of length), and was not a huge fan of the feel from insert. Stability was great though, and the grey finish does look awesome.
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    In 1 year, I imagine these concept putters will sell for $250-350 on the used market. That premium price will be absorbed mostly by the original buyer.
  • dgarlanddgarland So I got that going for me... which is nice. Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    That is the DeLorean of putters.
    Taylor Made M2 Driver
    Callaway X Hot Pro 3 Wood
    Callaway X Hot Pro 2H & 4H
    Callaway X-14 Pro 5-PW
    Callaway MD3 50 & 54
    Callaway PM Grind 58
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • 009009 Members Posts: 295 ✭✭
    Rolled a plumber's neck when they first came out. Didn't like the look at address. The way the wing tips face outward makes the blade look too long. If the wings were flipped and the tips faced inward, I think it would look better.
  • SteelheadSteelhead Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
    edited Sep 19, 2018 #68
    Picked up the slant neck CX-02, played five rounds with it and love it! I can see where pure blade users might gag when they see my putter :-) but I'm a mallet player who needs a bit of toe flow (like my DJ Spider ). I love the roll, feel and results. After a few rounds, "wings" are simply white noise and are not a factor or even noticed. I'm not a SC Fanboy by any stretch. That said I've not had a moment of buyers remorse. IMHO You can't roll ANY putter in a store or on any surface except real grass on a green to judge feel, etc. Thru the years I've bought and sold several Circle T's with and without the insert face and mine feels and performs as good as any of them. I could not care less of these never make it to bigger production runs. I'm just happy to have one :-).

Post edited by Unknown User on

• Callaway Epic Flash 9°
    • Ryoma F3 - 15°
    • XXIO X - 18°
    • PING G410 - 4 thru Gap
    • Titleist SM 7 - 52°, 58°
    • Dandy Tour Chromium 
    So recieved the 01 today and my initial thoughts were whoa! Not what I was expecting but also not as bad as I was hearing! Disclaimer; I have not put with it on green or the course...tomorrow! My initial thought while rolling it on my carpet it wow! It’s soft and the color scheme looks so **** good. If you are a mallet and sometimes blade guy/girl then this is the putter for you.

More to come tomorrow...

P.S.

I don’t think I would have spent $600 for it out of pocket but getting it for $400-500 would be a good number. If you can get one on trade (like I did) even better.
    Yesterday was my first round with the Concept CX-01 and all I can say is 25 putts! I started on the putting green and as soon as I put the putter on the ground next to the ball I was like...whoa! Strange looking is the word for the putter and then I started putting with it; soft and speed control were AWESOME! The putter doesn't feel like a marshmallow but isn't a rock either, a perfect combination of both. The thing that I like the most is the consistency of pace and roll! My last few putters have had a huge skip, bounce, and roll after hitting it, this one just rolls. My friend even commented that my ball wasn't skipping anymore with this putter...he has seen me use four putters this year (lol).

Now, to the wings...

It has been commented on that the "wings disappear/melt" while lining up a putt...absolutely true! While I was lining putts up during my round it didn't bother me as much as I thought, they weren't a distraction at all. I putted well but I did miss a few on the inside and outside of middle and the ball still made it to the hole and a few trickled in! The color scheme was the best feature of these club, the black face and dark bronze (i think) looks very good and the head cover is nice too! My only concern with the color is the black face and how it will hold up with sandy greens, I am anal when it comes to that stuff.

Round 2 tomorrow and I will report back then! So far, I am VERY IMPRESSED with this putter!
  • SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh DallasClubWRX Posts: 3,920 ClubWRX
    I'm still ready to try this with an open mind. The original Futura wasn't received well and I ended up having a lot of success with it.
    Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P
    Mizuno T7 52°, Titleist SM7 58°
    Titleist Studio Stainless Mid Sur
    Round #2:

Well a little more putts this round but I still love the feel and speed control! If you are looking for a blade putter or a blade person, this is the putter for you!
  • gioria126gioria126 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited Sep 24, 2018 #73
    Fourpar18 wrote:

Yesterday was my first round with the Concept CX-01 and all I can say is 25 putts! I started on the putting green and as soon as I put the putter on the ground next to the ball I was like...whoa! Strange looking is the word for the putter and then I started putting with it; soft and speed control were AWESOME! The putter doesn't feel like a marshmallow but isn't a rock either, a perfect combination of both. The thing that I like the most is the consistency of pace and roll! My last few putters have had a huge skip, bounce, and roll after hitting it, this one just rolls. My friend even commented that my ball wasn't skipping anymore with this putter...he has seen me use four putters this year (lol).

Now, to the wings...

It has been commented on that the "wings disappear/melt" while lining up a putt...absolutely true! While I was lining putts up during my round it didn't bother me as much as I thought, they weren't a distraction at all. I putted well but I did miss a few on the inside and outside of middle and the ball still made it to the hole and a few trickled in! The color scheme was the best feature of these club, the black face and dark bronze (i think) looks very good and the head cover is nice too! My only concern with the color is the black face and how it will hold up with sandy greens, I am anal when it comes to that stuff.

Round 2 tomorrow and I will report back then! So far, I am VERY IMPRESSED with this putter!

Just curious, have you tried those "standard" Scotty Cameron 2016~2017 Select putters? I was told Concept X has exactly the same insert so I'm wondering if the feel is also the same.

Btw what putters have you used for the year prior to Concept X?
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,821 ✭✭

I'm still ready to try this with an open mind. The original Futura wasn't received well and I ended up having a lot of success with it.

Very similar feel to the old Futura putters. Springy aluminum face with consistent distance control. You'll like it if you liked the original Futura putter. Wish they had an option to switch the insert to SS or better yet, GSS.
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,227 ClubWRX
    Fourpar18 wrote:

Round #2:

Well a little more putts this round but I still love the feel and speed control! If you are looking for a blade putter or a blade person, this is the putter for you!

How can you say that with a straight face?! That thing is huge and hideous. Nowhere near what a blade user would want.
    Taylormade M6 w/ATMOS black ts 6x<br />Taylormade M5 3 wood w/HZRDUS black 75 6.5<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
    It my opinion, blade users should give it a try especially if they are looking for a little more forgiveness.
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    I rolled one in the store today. My first reaction was to how big it is. The blade length is bigger than I expected, and with how far the wings extend out, it’s huge. Not a fan.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • FlyOverFlyOver Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    gioria126 wrote:

Fourpar18 wrote:

Now, to the wings...

Just curious, have you tried those "standard" Scotty Cameron 2016~2017 Select putters? I was told Concept X has exactly the same insert so I'm wondering if the feel is also the same.

IMO, the Concept X has more forgiveness, because the sole of the putter has an aluminum bottom plate. I haven’t removed the plate, but I assume it’s hollow....thus more MOI and weight moved to the wings.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-GD AD IZ 7S shaft
    Taylormade M6 3W-GR AD IZ 8S shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 58* C Grind
    Titleist Scotty Cameron modified Detour Newport 2 putter
    Titleist yellow ProV1X 
    gioria126 wrote:

Fourpar18 wrote:

Now, to the wings...

Came from a DJ Spider. Sound/feel not like the 16/17s IMHO. These are much better. Another round in and love the roll. No better or worse results than with my Spider ( I putt pretty good with either) but feel and looks are better for me. Love it. To each his own :-)

• Callaway Epic Flash 9°
    • Ryoma F3 - 15°
    • XXIO X - 18°
    • PING G410 - 4 thru Gap
    • Dandy Tour Chromium 
    We are having bad weather here so no golf this week/weekend but will report back soon.
    Here are some comparison pics to my favorite Cameron (notchback) putter. Looked a lot bigger at first but not so bad now. Distance control is great but just having a tough time getting used to the aluminum, springy feel.

• Vanderslam9Vanderslam9 Members Posts: 111
    Fourpar18 wrote:

It my opinion, blade users should give it a try especially if they are looking for a little more forgiveness.

Why not try a wide body blade first like a Bettinardi SS28, or Odyssey 1W? This putter has the lines going in all the wrong ways, would not be able to focus on the target.
    Ping G30 Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics 3W
    Tour Edge Exotics Driving Iron
    Bridgestone J15 4-PW
    Fourteen Wedge (52, 56, 60)
    Ping Ketsch
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    edited Oct 2, 2018 #83
    Now that I look at those pictures looks like a Newport or Newport 2 with wings. Thanks for sharing those pictures, now I can honestly say, no thanks.
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Remind,

Hermes Greek god winged hat

1473479_orig.jpg
    It's bizarre, I really like the balance of this putter but having some issues consistently pushing my putts. I think I'm seeing the toe wing line in my peripheral and subconsciously trying to line it up through impact. If I can't get over this, off it goes.
  • Tom034Tom034 Members Posts: 45
    Really like the look of it, I'm a mallet player so these really got my attention. Just wanted to know from the people who've been playing with it, does it feel heavier compared to a pure blade? I'm thinking that the wings take a bit away from the feeling
    No, it doesn't feel heavier, kind of a hovering feeling you get with mallets style putters if that makes any sense.
  • Tom034Tom034 Members Posts: 45
    4rheel wrote:

No, it doesn't feel heavier, kind of a hovering feeling you get with mallets style putters if that makes any sense.

Really need to give them a try but have a hard time letting go of my futura 6M image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Tom034 wrote:

Really like the look of it, I'm a mallet player so these really got my attention. Just wanted to know from the people who've been playing with it, does it feel heavier compared to a pure blade? I'm thinking that the wings take a bit away from the feeling

I am coming from a Spider Tour. No, the wings do not take from the feeling. The wings simply are white noise to me now. I believe the new sole plate, however it’s built, just may...cause the sound/feel to be really good for my taste. Six rounds in and am averaging 2 strokes less per round and more importantly I can’t wait to get to the green to roll this thing...

• Callaway Epic Flash 9°
    • Ryoma F3 - 15°
    • XXIO X - 18°
    • PING G410 - 4 thru Gap
    • Dandy Tour Chromium 
  • Walkerdb7Walkerdb7 Members Posts: 391
    edited Nov 2, 2018 #90
    cvhookem63 wrote:

The slant neck is interesting. It is basically a slant version of the knuckle neck.

cx02_specs.jpg

So I am not very technical and lack knowledge around putters. I did a proper fitting today with a pro and a track man. I was shocked to learn that I was way off of what I would buy vs what I was fitted into.

I learned that I need "toe hang" and the pro recommended a high MOI putter with a pumber's neck. I instantly thought of these new scotty's after watching the marketing videos, it seems like the 02 with the joint neck is actually better for people who want toe hang? Is that correct?

Am i correct that these are online only and I Cannot demo them anywhere?
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
    Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
    4i - G Crossover
    5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
    Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    bogeypro wrote:

Fourpar18 wrote:

Round #2:

How can you say that with a straight face?! That thing is huge and hideous. Nowhere near what a blade user would want.

I thought the same thing. To me, as an Anser guy, when I looked at this putter from the top it looked like an overweight Newport, lol...
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”