1st time for everything: DND with farrar24

payerasjl

So i agreed to a trade with a member here, with similar feedback as mine (except he had 1 negative a while back). I have the benefit of the doubt, and agreed to trade my item plus a bit of cash for his item.

He says he is traveling for work for 2 days, and i am relaxed and say no worries we will figure out when you can ship so that we both do so on the same day. All is well simply because communication is key.

He returns, and we agree to ship out on same day, i send him my info and await his.

July 11th we agree to deal and i pay him via paypal (goods and services)

July 13th he returns from travels and we agree to ship out july 14th, however he still doesnt send me his address or communicate

July 14th no communication from his part

July 15th no cimmunication from his part, i follow up and say, lets get this thing shipped out tomorrow and lets not let it drag.

July 16th he edits his original post and DELETES the item he agreed to trade for.

July 16th he "leaves the conversation" we were having via private messaging

July 16th i write to him saying "whats going on?"

July 17th i see he refunded the cash i sent him via paypal without communicating with me

The entire time, hes been online. every day.

He obviously had a change of heart or sold the item for more money or whatever the case may be.

My question is, does this warrant negative feedback (obviously it does) knowing the retaliation from him will be to obviously leave me negative feedback as well (for no valid reason)

thoughts?

I would be glad he refunded your money and move on. I would post his identity so the rest of us can avoid him. It may warrant a negative as you actually sent him money but again I would just be happy he refunded and move on.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

This happens, on ebay as well as forums such as these.

Post his name please as I like to put him on my ban list, thats just piss poor behavior on his part

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Invite him to this thread and post his user id if he doesn’t want to participate. What a cowardly thing to do, just avoiding you all together. He deserves to make a few block lists and get a negative feedback from you over this deal, barring some amazing explanation. Negative feedback is well warranted in this situation (IMO), and retaliatory negative feedback should be removed if it is left and he doesn’t want to provide his side of the story.

Leaving proper feedback for BST deals is one of the most important aspects of a BST deal, and keeping the BST a generally safe and positive place to move excess golf equipment. If people on BST let deals like this slide without proper feedback (or, conversely, don’t take the time to acknowledge a positive deal), you are part of the problem and not a part of making the BST a better place. It’s beyond me why anyone would be hesitant to identify a bad deal, so in the future others can be aware of what kind of person they’re considering dealing with. Look out for the field on the BST through feedback, whether it’s to recognize a positive transaction or to shine a light on a negative.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

It’s funny he’s online right now. Hasn’t read any of my messages on the new message thread I started after he exited the first one.

farrar24 is the username.

Member since 2/2016, 3 posts. Charter Member, just here for the sellin'. Shocking.

Still only has the one negative feedback. I hope you're not hesitant to leave negative out of fear of retaliation, OP. It would be unbelievably disappointing if that weren't removed swiftly if it were to happen. I would hope you'd have nothing to fear at all.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

It’s funny he’s online right now. Hasn’t read any of my messages on the new message thread I started after he exited the first one.

Member since 2/2016, 3 posts. Charter Member, just here for the sellin'. Shocking.

Still only has the one negative feedback. I hope you're not hesitant to leave negative out of fear of retaliation, OP. It would be unbelievably disappointing if that weren't removed swiftly if it were to happen. I would hope you'd have nothing to fear at all.

Yeah i agree. im in no rush and just waiting to see if his dog died or what circumstances led to his complete lack of respect. To be honest, im curious to see how imaginitive he can be.

Its not easy to get that many (well, to me thats alot of transactions) transactions that include buying selling and swapping, so i guess im just hanging out waiting and watching.

Thanks for all the reasonable and logical advice from everyone here. Glad to see the good guys significantly outweight the bad ones.

Invite him to this thread and post his user id if he doesn’t want to participate. What a cowardly thing to do, just avoiding you all together. He deserves to make a few block lists and get a negative feedback from you over this deal, barring some amazing explanation. Negative feedback is well warranted in this situation (IMO), and retaliatory negative feedback should be removed if it is left and he doesn’t want to provide his side of the story.

Leaving proper feedback for BST deals is one of the most important aspects of a BST deal, and keeping the BST a generally safe and positive place to move excess golf equipment. If people on BST let deals like this slide without proper feedback (or, conversely, don’t take the time to acknowledge a positive deal), you are part of the problem and not a part of making the BST a better place. It’s beyond me why anyone would be hesitant to identify a bad deal, so in the future others can be aware of what kind of person they’re considering dealing with. Look out for the field on the BST through feedback, whether it’s to recognize a positive transaction or to shine a light on a negative.

Well said Irish. Feedback is like a character reference. A reference that helps us decide if the party is one with whom we would like to do business.

Yeah i agree. im in no rush and just waiting to see if his dog died or what circumstances led to his complete lack of respect. To be honest, im curious to see how imaginitive he can be.

Its not easy to get that many (well, to me thats alot of transactions) transactions that include buying selling and swapping, so i guess im just hanging out waiting and watching.

Thanks for all the reasonable and logical advice from everyone here. Glad to see the good guys significantly outweight the bad ones.

Well, I am thinking you're waiting for an explanation that is never going to come. You got the brush off, the guy just didn't have the guts to tell you he was backing out (for whatever reason). I mean, he found time to buy shafts today, but hasn't yet found the time to answer your messages. I don't think your curiosity is ever going to be satisfied.

Well, I am thinking you're waiting for an explanation that is never going to come. You got the brush off, the guy just didn't have the guts to tell you he was backing out (for whatever reason). I mean, he found time to buy shafts today, but hasn't yet found the time to answer your messages. I don't think your curiosity is ever going to be satisfied.

LOL this guy is a legend. Negative feedback has been left with link to this thread.

It is beyond me how some people behave. A simple "sorry man, had a change of heart" would have avoided all of this.

he's got a 2017 negative as well for non-communication. avoid & just moved on and since his name is out, I think a lot of us serious BSTers have already blocked him so his "happy hunting ground" will be a little less happier when sellers know of him and not sell to him.

I would not sell anything to this guy now or buy his stuff. Not worth the time or risk.

Thanks for the headsup OP

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Just saw this thread. I see his feedback score is 16, made up of 18 positives and now 2 negatives. Just wondering why it is said to be "16" and not a percentage of good vs. bad or 90%, based on 20 total transactions.

I realize people can do their own math. Just wondering why it was set up this way.

Sorry for the interruption...

that's crazy he'd be on line and just not open your messages. seems like a lot of work to hide than to just fess up.

yeah whats even crazier is that he managed to "leave the comversation" without reading the messages.

and whats sad is he will continue to deal with others on BST (he purchased another item today) and because his feedback looks good, he will probably screw someone over again.

Just saw this thread. I see his feedback score is 16, made up of 18 positives and now 2 negatives. Just wondering why it is said to be "16" and not a percentage of good vs. bad or 90%, based on 20 total transactions.

I realize people can do their own math. Just wondering why it was set up this way.

Yea I agree. There’s someone who just posted a bst as who shows as zero feedback but has 2 negatives.

I agree with this 100%. The feedback should somehow show positives and negatives, rather than just the cumulative of both. I know I always click potential buyers’ and sellers’ feedback to see what it says, but I’m sure there are many who see a reasonably large number and assume it’s all positive.

I agree with this 100%. The feedback should somehow show positives and negatives, rather than just the cumulative of both. I know I always click potential buyers’ and sellers’ feedback to see what it says, but I’m sure there are many who see a reasonably large number and assume it’s all positive.

Yep. I didn’t know that for the longest time but for those who don’t - always click on a user’s feedback and read or at least glance over it fully. Regardless of what the number is.

Yep. I didn’t know that for the longest time but for those who don’t - always click on a user’s feedback and read or at least glance over it fully. Regardless of what the number is.

Members should have to wear a negative like a scarlet letter rather than let it disappear as they build up more feedback.

That guy on the BST with 2 negative, not surprisingly, has a grand total of 3 posts; bought his way on. 1t2golf is on it, though.

But, seriously, how does he have “zero” for a feedback score, when all he has is 2 negatives? The system won’t register negative?

Members should have to wear a negative like a scarlet letter rather than let it disappear as they build up more feedback.

That guy on the BST with 2 negative, not surprisingly, has a grand total of 3 posts; bought his way on. 1t2golf is on it, though.

But, seriously, how does he have “zero” for a feedback score, when all he has is 2 negatives? The system won’t register negative?

I’m aware he’s on it - I may or may not have had something to do with it. Guy’s a flake.

I don’t get that either. That should be boldly featured.

Never understood why these types of topics belonged in Deal or No Deal

Where would you suggest they go.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Never understood why these types of topics belonged in Deal or No Deal

Does it bother you? Or affect any of the 6-7 posts you make a year?