Cobra '19 News?

Comments

• moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    I am anxious to try the new CBs as well as the new driver/woods! Let's go Cobra!
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 507 ✭✭
    EHolm wrote:

In for more info! I need some new wedges
  • clichecliche Members Posts: 758 ✭✭
    Rpete33 wrote:

EHolm wrote:

what do you wanna know?
  • nic19nic19 Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    cliche wrote:

Rpete33 wrote:

EHolm wrote:

what do you wanna know?
    have hit these. They are lovely . great feel!!
    cliche wrote:
    Rpete33 wrote:

EHolm wrote:

what do you wanna know?

What makes them different then the current line up? What finish will they come in?
    Rpete33 wrote:
    cliche wrote:
    Rpete33 wrote:

EHolm wrote:

what do you wanna know?

What makes them different then the current line up? What finish will they come in?

And is there any pictures of the product yet
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,238 ✭✭
    Really looking to pick up a new set of wedges next year to replace my King wedges. Hopefully the new stuff keeps the straighter leading edge and has better durability of finish.
    Rpete33 wrote:

cliche wrote:
    Rpete33 wrote:

EHolm wrote:

what do you wanna know?

can't tell you too much.

new producing process. touch is very nice. different swing weight. a little lighter, which i prefer. older king wedges where up to D6. only silver finish and only one grind. new metal is so hard, that it's a little more difficult to bend them.
  • nic19nic19 Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Like I ve said i ve hit these wedges. They look great and have fantastic feel.
  • Happyday_JHappyday_J Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    In indication of grinds available for lefties? kind of annoying limited lofts and one grind to choice from in the past
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Driver:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Cobra F8+ 8.5* - Hzdrus black 75x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Fairway Woods:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 13* 3wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 18* 5wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Ping i500 3i - c-taper x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway x forged 2013 4-6 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway razr mb 7-9 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Wedges[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Vokey SM7 46, 52, [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] 56, 60 TT s400[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Putter[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Seemore Nashville Z1c SS Black[/font]

Left side -> Strong side
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    cliche wrote:

Rpete33 wrote:

cliche wrote:
    Rpete33 wrote:

EHolm wrote:

what do you wanna know?

can't tell you too much.

new producing process. touch is very nice. different swing weight. a little lighter, which i prefer. older king wedges where up to D6. only silver finish and only one grind. new metal is so hard, that it's a little more difficult to bend them.

What does MiM stand for?
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,731 ✭✭
    Collo_23 wrote:

Cobra / Puma going up for sale, what this means for the product moving forward is anyone's guess.

you funny bruh.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭
    I can’t wait to get my F9!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • wam78wam78 Members Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I too am ready for new wedges. Almost pulled the trigger on king blacks, but now am "patiently" waiting to learn more about new wedges. Curious to know if they will be more similar to the pur model? To wait or not to wait.... image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    Driver: Bridgestone j715 B5 9* GD Tour AD MJ 6s
    Fairway: 816 Alpha 15* GD Tour AD MJ 7s
    Fairway: 816 Alpha 18* Fubuki zt 70s
    OR
    Driving Iron: Mizuno MP H5 2i GD Tour AD 95s Utility Shaft
    Irons: 4-pw Bridgestone Tour B X-CB Modus 120s
    Wedges: Bridgestone j15 51* Modus 120s, 55* Modus 125 wedge, j40 60* Modus 125 wedge
    Putter: Bettinardi bb32 *2010 model
    wam78 wrote:

I too am ready for new wedges. Almost pulled the trigger on king blacks, but now am "patiently" waiting to learn more about new wedges. Curious to know if they will be more similar to the pur model? To wait or not to wait.... image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

it'll be worth to wait for the MiM Wedge
  • DandyDonDandyDon Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Went to local golf store on Friday night since my Wifi was out, gf was out, so nothing better to do. I went to hit the new Mizuno 919 forged, and after hitting it, realized it was not giving me what my Apex cf16s were giving me and I also hit the 900s which seemed pretty similar to the 919s. I then hit the Rogue since it was already set up, and I was consistently hitting it with about 10 yards more carry.

Staff then showed me the new Cobra CBs with the black finished, look gorgeous, but was hitting it a little bit shorter than the Mizunos. As I was milling around I pulled out the Cobra speed back (not a good looking club in any sense of the word). That being said, I hit the **** out of that thing, I was getting on average about 6 more yards of carry over the Rogue, and about 15 or so over the Minzunos, the ball flight was freaking so high and penetrating. I went back and hit the Mizunos and other Cobras again just to verify, and the numbers were the same as before. A couple of my strikes with the Speedbacks carried a full 12 yards over what I was averaging with the Rogue.

I owned the first set of AMPs that came out, and ditched them for the I25s which was a huge mistake (I couldn't handle the distance loss) and then bought the Apex which have been decent for me. If those Speedbacks weren't so ugly, or if I didn't know the price drop will be huge a few months from now, I would be really tempted.
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members Posts: 1,632 ✭✭
    DandyDon wrote:
    Went to local golf store on Friday night since my Wifi was out, gf was out, so nothing better to do. I went to hit the new Mizuno 919 forged, and after hitting it, realized it was not giving me what my Apex cf16s were giving me and I also hit the 900s which seemed pretty similar to the 919s. I then hit the Rogue since it was already set up, and I was consistently hitting it with about 10 yards more carry.

Staff then showed me the new Cobra CBs with the black finished, look gorgeous, but was hitting it a little bit shorter than the Mizunos. As I was milling around I pulled out the Cobra speed back (not a good looking club in any sense of the word). That being said, I hit the **** out of that thing, I was getting on average about 6 more yards of carry over the Rogue, and about 15 or so over the Minzunos, the ball flight was freaking so high and penetrating. I went back and hit the Mizunos and other Cobras again just to verify, and the numbers were the same as before. A couple of my strikes with the Speedbacks carried a full 12 yards over what I was averaging with the Rogue.

I owned the first set of AMPs that came out, and ditched them for the I25s which was a huge mistake (I couldn't handle the distance loss) and then bought the Apex which have been decent for me. If those Speedbacks weren't so ugly, or if I didn't know the price drop will be huge a few months from now, I would be really tempted.

As an FYI, the lofts on the Cobra CB are pretty much a full club less than the Speedbacks, so I’d expect for you to be around a full club longer with the Speedbacks.
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
    Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,294 ✭✭
    I currently play the F7 one length and just hit the new F9 SB one length. I would say they have improved the design, and I think I do like the KBS in this head. The new irons do appear to be larger and a bit chunkier, I could see the back of the 7iron at address. Is this it for Cobra and the F9's or will there be other models in VL and OL?
  • wkndhackwkndhack Members Posts: 908 ✭✭
    Mr. Grumpy wrote:
    I currently play the F7 one length and just hit the new F9 SB one length. I would say they have improved the design, and I think I do like the KBS in this head. The new irons do appear to be larger and a bit chunkier, I could see the back of the 7iron at address. Is this it for Cobra and the F9's or will there be other models in VL and OL?

Cobra looks to be putting out GI irons every year and cycling players or better irons every other, give or take a few months.

2018 was F8, Forged Tec Black, and CB/MB. With the supposed end of the King Forged Tour/One line, no announcements yet on any other 2019 irons besides the F9.

Bryson plays the Forged One and will need a refresh soon, so maybe a late 2019 announcement for his new model?

Another forum is having a major event with Cobra R&D folks in the spring, may get some rumors out of that.
    Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
    Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
    Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
    Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
    Bettinardi QB8
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • DandyDonDandyDon Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    casey_0507 wrote:

DandyDon wrote:

As an FYI, the lofts on the Cobra CB are pretty much a full club less than the Speedbacks, so I’d expect for you to be around a full club longer with the Speedbacks.

I was wondering about that, but the trajectory was higher with the Speedback so that kind of threw me off.
  • wkndhackwkndhack Members Posts: 908 ✭✭
    Shiels review is out on the F9. Pretty good numbers, lined up with other reviews of a couple MPH of CHE and low spin. He also called it the best sounding driver he has ever tried.
    Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
    Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
    Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
    Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
    Bettinardi QB8
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
    I agee on the sound best feeling sounding driver ive ever hit as well
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    This driver is looking super solid. So far it looks more impressive than what the "big boys" have released for less money which is always nice! I wonder how the F9 will compete against the PING 410???
  • bkress86bkress86 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I think I read through all of this thread, is there a final consensus on what is happening to the forged tour irons?
    Cobra F9 Driver
    Cobra F9 3-Wood
    Titleist TMB 3 iron
    Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,238 ✭✭
    Anyone know when to expect the new wedges?
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,170 ClubWRX

+1 - my 58 degree PUR needs to be retired. Best wedge I've ever played so curious what this new MIM wedge is all about
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW747V 4-PW - Modus 105
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1

MIM wedges should be released after the PGA show
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,170 ClubWRX
    cliche wrote:

cliche wrote:

Oooh maybe this is it!!
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW747V 4-PW - Modus 105
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,249 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

cliche wrote:

cliche wrote:

Oooh maybe this is it!!

Very nice. I look forward to hearing and reading more. I am a long time believer in Cobra. The new driver is getting rave reviews and a lot of love. I haven't seen it in the bag at my local store because someone is always swinging them in the test bays with launch monitors. Amazing. The new MB / CB sets are everything I would want in an iron.

I've never hit a Cobra wedge, though. My 50 and 55 are due for a change. Very due for a change. I welcome a try at these when we hear more about them. They look terrific.