Cobra '19 News?

Comments

• BrAdkiBrAdki Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Would be interested to see what they model the putter after if they do make one, also looking forward to new MBs
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,355 ✭✭
    BrAdki wrote:

Would be interested to see what they model the putter after if they do make one, also looking forward to new MBs

NP2 style hopefully.
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Cobra will also be offering psychiatric counseling services with the purchase of any single-length iron set. It's the DeChambeau line.................................
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • NokeNoke Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    Will be tough for Cobra to outperform their old Bobby Grace putters with this new model.

Not that that is at all relevant...
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,928 ✭✭
    sdandrea wrote:

Cobra will also be offering psychiatric counseling services with the purchase of any single-length iron set. It's the DeChambeau line.................................

New line is called the Cobra Brevity

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

nohny noke wrote:

Will be tough for Cobra to outperform their old Bobby Grace putters with this new model.

Not that that is at all relevant...

I miss the old “fat lady swings” putter..
  • MooJerseyMooJersey Posts: 428 ✭✭
    Anybody heard anything? I feel like by Sep / Oct last year we knew about the F8 line.
    Cobra F8+ Driver - EvenFlow Blue
    TEE EX10 Beta 3W - HZRDUS Red
    Cobra F8 3H
    Cobra F8 4H
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW, AMT Black
    Vokey SM7 50-12F
    Vokey SM7 56-14F
    Odyssey Works 2-Ball
  • coopdoyencoopdoyen Members Posts: 9

Anyone else hear that Cobra may get into the premium putter market?

I heard a rumor (not from cobra directly) that it has come across the table there as apparently they get asked about it a lot. No idea on fruition or even a remote timeline though.

From what I have heard from Cobra directly they have designs but no desire to truly get into the putter side of the market simply because of the competition of that side of the industry.
    Ping G400 max 9.5*.... Tensei Orange 70g TX
    Cobra F7 15.5*.... Tour AD TP 80 TX
    Cobra F8 19*.... KBS Prototype 90 X
    Ping i210 4-PW .... Tour Issue X7 soft stepped
    SM7 Raw 50* & 55* .... Tour Issue s400
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*.... ​Tour Issue s400
    ​Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    MooJersey wrote:

Anybody heard anything? I feel like by Sep / Oct last year we knew about the F8 line.

I thought we would have heard more about the new MBs by now.
    coopdoyen wrote:

Anyone else hear that Cobra may get into the premium putter market?

I heard a rumor (not from cobra directly) that it has come across the table there as apparently they get asked about it a lot. No idea on fruition or even a remote timeline though.

From what I have heard from Cobra directly they have designs but no desire to truly get into the putter side of the market simply because of the competition of that side of the industry.

Maybe they should let the mad scientist design it....
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,922 ✭✭
    Stock Matrix shaft on the putters.
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 493 ✭✭
    Hopefully they bring out the king forged tour out in a black version, would go in the bag immediately
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 821 ✭✭
    I am so down for a single length fairway wood or even driver to use as a safety option off the tee.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,150 ✭✭
    It's kind of a let down with no notice of a new MB coming around. I remain hopeful.
    Stanks wrote:

It's kind of a let down with no notice of a new MB coming around. I remain hopeful.

Spring of 19 perhaps??
  • Charles.eichmanCharles.eichman ClubWRX Posts: 340 ClubWRX
    rbj69 wrote:

it is going to take an awesome iron to get me to replace my cobra forged tec blacks , i kiss mine everynight before bedtime lol

i have spent way too much time over the last month lusting over those irons. I will never purchase them but f*** they look wayyyy to good.
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ClubWRX
    Stanks wrote:

It’s a theme with them...terrible marketing and release timeframes. Happens every year.
  • Ltd replacement? And it will have 3mph more ball speed than everyone else...
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,144 ✭✭
    Really need some new wedges, my King wedge is worn out.
  • Papa JohickPapa Johick My Girl Duffners Members Posts: 4,463 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Spring of 19 perhaps??

new MBs are coming.... hopefully by early or late spring
    Forever Changing at this point.......

Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Spring of 19 perhaps??

Great news but I’d like to see them a lot sooner.

Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Spring of 19 perhaps??

Judging by your signature, I am thinking it's safe to say you have inside information / source. Spring is a bit of a bunch in the nuts but, it is what it is.

Can you divulge any more information? Changes?
  • Papa JohickPapa Johick My Girl Duffners Members Posts: 4,463 ✭✭
    I wouldn’t say insider info haha. I just know from me asking to make a set of blades for the connect experience that they couldn’t do it as they were running out/already out of the current model due to development. I assumed that meant new ones coming. My timeline could be way off but they generally release March-may. Vague and imprecise yes, but it’s mice to know they are coming.

At the same time, as cobra has done previously, I wouldn’t expect too much of a change in looks. Maybe more tungsten in areas or something but again, all conjecture. We didn’t sign any NDAs so the guys we dealt with wouldn’t be able to divulge inside info that didn’t need to be said unfortunately for cobra lovers and other interested parties haha.
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • brentbrent Posts: 1,482 ✭✭
    F9 is coming...
  • stopdogstopdog Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Cobra MB's are the only iron set I have regretted selling. So solid and turf interaction was best ever for me. My Rogue Pros I cant even take a divot with a short iron they are long though. So what.
  • DickieThonDickieThon Members Posts: 1,100
    Stanks wrote:
    The Cobra MBs are easily in the top 3 MBs offered by Big Golf Brands yet, get no credit. They just look great and feel as soft as the Titleist, Mizuno, TM, Callaway lines of MBs.

Time will tell and there have been some small leaks by an English / UK website for the new MB / CB combo and Cobra up in Carlsbad is saying late Fall, if that.

Still rocking my S3 Pro MB’s
    Those wide sole clubs just don’t do divots. I have had 3 sets of MB/CB combo. I miss them every time I play.
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

Tava woods wrote:
    just releases something HOT clean and low spinning King Ltd pro 2 with an abundance of no charge shaft options and 199.00 price point and they could change the game and win for a season .

And make no money at the same time. Super idea.

Yes, but they'll make up for it in volume.......
    Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

All the clubs I've ever owned.
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 341
    F-max Super Light coming, not that anyone on WRX is gonna want them but anyways
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    EHolm wrote:

F-max Super Light coming, not that anyone on WRX is gonna want them but anyways

i-know-some-sh7r07.jpg