Cobra '19 News?

145791019

Comments

  • PopIt&DropItPopIt&DropIt Members Posts: 243 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

    howeber wrote:

    Stanks wrote:


    Gotta take a look at the sole of the club. The tungsten addition in the bottom should be worlds of help considering how small the irons are.



    They look great




    .... the current generation has tungsten too, this one has more? It looks like the exact same head with different paint.




    That would be a let down! All this time and the only difference is a reduction in orange paint? Hopefully its more than that! I also hope they do a redesign of the Forged tour. Its an ideal size and shape for most and a great competitor to the AP2 but could use a makeover.




    Well they are pretty much the exact same head with one legitimate albeit small difference. The previous generation had tungsten in the toe only. The new generation has tungsten in the toe and sole just like Ricky has been having cobra do to his irons for a while now.



    You can see Ricky's previous irons with the plug added after production here:



    http://www.golfwrx.com/333836/rickie-fowler-witb-2016/



    How big of a difference that makes is up you but other than that they are the same irons with a different color.
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176
    If it ain’t broke...



    I think the King Pro Irons CB/MB set of irons are one of the most underrated and under-the-radar set of irons there are!!! Butter soft and smooth when well struck with enough feedback on mishits. Extremely clean lines, and setup well to the ball. Top line is perfect not too thick and not too thin. A pure joy to pick-up and hit!!! I’ve recently put these above: Callaway X-Forged, Wilson Staff Tour FG V6 and Taylormade P750/P730. I think Cobra is turning out some great products and great prices when compared to the Big 3 (Callaway, Taylormade and Titleist).
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176
    leftypga wrote:


    This came into the shop today. Must be ok to post because fitting heads are out









    Can you post any additional photos of the toe, sole and heel?
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,710 mod
    Anyone know if there will be any substantive changes to the OL line?
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 509 ✭✭
    I hope they bring out a black version of the forged tour for the mid handicapper
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Rpete33 wrote:


    I hope they bring out a black version of the forged tour for the mid handicapper




    I am testing those at the moment with the black Recoil Smacwrap shafts. If they work out I will probably wait and see if they update them with a black offering and order. Unless Cobra makes a deal too good to refuse on this demo set. Which they should discount heavily since they are 2 years old and we all know an update has to be around the corner. I got my i200s @ about 35% off 1 month prior to the i210 dropping.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • clichecliche Members Posts: 758 ✭✭
    meeting is next week. so maybe i can hit you up with a lot of news.
  • Fish-N-ChipsFish-N-Chips Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    Keep us updated. If they offer a decent discount, I'll be ordering a set shortly! My experiment with pinhawks/one length has been a revelation for my game.


    Belmont148 wrote:

    Rpete33 wrote:


    I hope they bring out a black version of the forged tour for the mid handicapper




    I am testing those at the moment with the black Recoil Smacwrap shafts. If they work out I will probably wait and see if they update them with a black offering and order. Unless Cobra makes a deal too good to refuse on this demo set. Which they should discount heavily since they are 2 years old and we all know an update has to be around the corner. I got my i200s @ about 35% off 1 month prior to the i210 dropping.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* Tour AD-MJS
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Tour AD-DI 95S
    Bridgestone J40 3H PX 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 4H PX 6.0
    Ping S56 5-PW KBS Tour 90 S
    Vokey SM4 50*
    Vokey SM5 54*
    Ping Glide 60* E/S
    Ping Redwood Zing
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    cliche wrote:


    meeting is next week. so maybe i can hit you up with a lot of news.




    That would be awesome. I will have these for 2 weeks and have to decide. If you want to shoot a PM just with a yes/no that they are coming in black that would help a lot.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭


    Keep us updated. If they offer a decent discount, I'll be ordering a set shortly! My experiment with pinhawks/one length has been a revelation for my game.


    Belmont148 wrote:

    Rpete33 wrote:


    I hope they bring out a black version of the forged tour for the mid handicapper




    I am testing those at the moment with the black Recoil Smacwrap shafts. If they work out I will probably wait and see if they update them with a black offering and order. Unless Cobra makes a deal too good to refuse on this demo set. Which they should discount heavily since they are 2 years old and we all know an update has to be around the corner. I got my i200s @ about 35% off 1 month prior to the i210 dropping.





    Will do. But the discount on these I think will be because they would be taking a used set back and have to unload them to a third party, so I am hoping they will just offer me the same price they would get from them to win a customer. Cobra is really great to work with, so I will be shocked if they hold hard on the retail price with this demo promotion. Word of mouth from us seems to be their primary marketing strategy.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • JDaxJDax Members Posts: 84
    Cobra has been low key putting out some great equipment, can’t wait to see what they have in store for ‘19.
  • cbueschercbuescher cbuescher Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    I meet with my rep in 2 days to see the line. I’ll report what I see.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,519 ✭✭
    cbuescher wrote:


    I meet with my rep in 2 days to see the line. I’ll report what I see.




    Thanks! Looking forward to the details.
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 509 ✭✭
    Cobra releases are the only one I’m looking forward too, I want to go all cobra in the bag
  • cbueschercbuescher cbuescher Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Meeting with my rep tomorrow at 9:00am. I did, however, learn this morning that the adapters on the new wood line will change. ****....that sucks. I have a pretty extensive shaft collection with the old adapters, and now I won't be able to use any of these shafts without changing the adapters out.
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    I just wanna know when they're gonna be released?
    Cobra F9...….…………………..Aldila Tour Blue 65
    Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)…......…Project X HZRDUS Red 75
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........….Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM (5 - Gw)…Project X LZ 6.5
    Cobra King Black (54/10)......….Project X LZ 6.5
    Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)........KBS Hi-Rev 2.0


    [background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (Damascus)[/background]

    [background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (303 Stainless-Naked)[/background]

    [background=transparent]Machine M10 Fixer (303 Stainless-Torched)[/background]

    Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie
  • Fish-N-ChipsFish-N-Chips Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    TM showing off new clubs, Callaway teasing new clubs, Cobra has been silent so far.



    I need some leaks!
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* Tour AD-MJS
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Tour AD-DI 95S
    Bridgestone J40 3H PX 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 4H PX 6.0
    Ping S56 5-PW KBS Tour 90 S
    Vokey SM4 50*
    Vokey SM5 54*
    Ping Glide 60* E/S
    Ping Redwood Zing
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,239 ✭✭
    Any news on wedges? Looking to replace my Cobra King wedges from about 2 years ago.
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,170 ClubWRX


    TM showing off new clubs, Callaway teasing new clubs, Cobra has been silent so far.



    I need some leaks!




    Seriously!!!
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW747V 4-PW - Modus 105
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Im ok being patient, as long as what they release doesn't look like the p760
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 509 ✭✭
    I would love the cobra king wedge raw
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    I have been anxiously awaiting SOME sorts of news on what they are doing/ if anything with the MB/CBs. I talked with them a couple months ago trying to order 4,5,6 MBs (they've been out of stock for a while now) and was told "you might want to wait and see if anything new comes out since those are more than 2 years old". Starting to drive me nuts to the point where i picked up an Apex MB 7 iron to play with. Dont really want to swap brands but if they dont offer something in the near future i might have to.
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #204
    KAndyMan wrote:


    I have been anxiously awaiting SOME sorts of news on what they are doing/ if anything with the MB/CBs. I talked with them a couple months ago trying to order 4,5,6 MBs (they've been out of stock for a while now) and was told "you might want to wait and see if anything new comes out since those are more than 2 years old". Starting to drive me nuts to the point where i picked up an Apex MB 7 iron to play with. Dont really want to swap brands but if they dont offer something in the near future i might have to.




    I believe it has been confirmed with photos that the overall style/finish of the MB/CB’s are staying the same with the exception of tungsten weight being added to the sole and heel. Paint fill is “transitioning from orange to white” :-). As previously stated, great set of irons that really don’t need a lot of tweaking unless you want a new set of George Foreman P760’s???
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 779 ClubWRX
    uscgolfguy wrote:


    I believe it has been confirmed with photos that the overall style/finish of the MB/CB’s are staying the same with the exception of tungsten weight being added to the sole and heel. Paint fill is changing from white to orange. As previously stated, great set of irons that really don’t need a lot of tweaking unless you want a new set of George Foreman P760’s???




    Paint fill is already orange (2016 model), so what you're actually meaning to say is the paint fill is transitioning from orange to white/grey

    Callaway Epic Flash SZ @ 9º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Taylormade P•7TW 4-PW
    Cobra King 50º, 54º, 58º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #206
    uscgolfguy wrote:
    KAndyMan wrote:


    I have been anxiously awaiting SOME sorts of news on what they are doing/ if anything with the MB/CBs. I talked with them a couple months ago trying to order 4,5,6 MBs (they've been out of stock for a while now) and was told "you might want to wait and see if anything new comes out since those are more than 2 years old". Starting to drive me nuts to the point where i picked up an Apex MB 7 iron to play with. Dont really want to swap brands but if they dont offer something in the near future i might have to.




    I believe it has been confirmed with photos that the overall style/finish of the MB/CB’s are staying the same with the exception of tungsten weight being added to the sole and heel. Paint fill is “transitioning from orange to white” :-). As previously stated, great set of irons that really don’t need a lot of tweaking unless you want a new set of George Foreman P760’s???


    Waiting for USGA to say they are non-conforming. something about "the negative effects of grilling mid-round."
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 509 ✭✭
    Article of the new mb/cbs released this morning
  • FarrowFarrow Members Posts: 627
    I’d really love to see an iron with some actual tech in it. Something that can kick out my P790’s would be great.
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Article states full MB in RH only, stock set is CB/MB mixed set. 2i and 3i custom order. Good looking set, just not for my game. Nov. 2, $1,099 with ARCCOS. Which is the same price as before, but you lose an iron. Previous set was 3-PW, now it's 4-PW.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • Happyday_JHappyday_J Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #210
    Cobra needs more wedge loft and bounce options for lefties!!

    Currently only one model offering a 58, King PUR and all wedges only have one grind with one bounce angle available.







    Edit: Spelling
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Driver:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Cobra F8+ 8.5* - Hzdrus black 75x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Fairway Woods:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 13* 3wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 18* 5wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Ping i500 3i - c-taper x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway x forged 2013 4-6 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway razr mb 7-9 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Wedges[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Vokey SM7 46, 52, [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] 56, 60 TT s400[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Putter[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Seemore Nashville Z1c SS Black[/font]

    Left side -> Strong side
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,170 ClubWRX
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #211
    Rpete33 wrote:


    Article of the new mb/cbs released this morning




    [url="https://****.com/2019-cobra-king-forged-cb-mb-irons/"]https://****.co...ed-cb-mb-irons/[/url]



    You can see the tungsten in the sole



    PVD $ Taper stock shaft!! - Wow
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW747V 4-PW - Modus 105
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
Sign In or Register to comment.