NFL 2018-19 season discussion...

18910111214»

Comments

• jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,260 ClubWRX
    I want to give you a hug now that the trade deadline has passed. I know you're super sad that no one wants to play FOR* Lebron and his own teammates hates him. I told you last year LA can't pull it off.

All is good. Clippers made it easier for you guys to get into the playoff as an 8th seed.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,199 ✭✭
    jerebear21 wrote:

I want to give you a hug now that the trade deadline has passed. I know you're super sad that no one wants to play FOR* Lebron and his own teammates hates him. I told you last year LA can't pull it off.

All is good. Clippers made it easier for you guys to get into the playoff as an 8th seed.

I appreciate your sympathy but its all good.... I live in the best city in the world and have a house with more bedrooms than TBrady has rings, life is good my friend image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,260 ClubWRX
    Life is always good. I’ll be in California end of February. Will rep my Tim Duncan jersey as I ride into town.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,384 ✭✭
    edited Feb 7, 2019 8:11pm #395
    Giants kicked Bradys butt

Twice.

This how you treat Brady

Nobodys arguing with that ; )

But really, pocket collapses and Brady, as absulutely magnificent a technician he is, he is done.

Guy cant move. Right?

Good for him he played on that team.

Lotta great passers who cant move wish they did too.

Just sayin ; )
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,387 ✭✭
    cdnglf wrote:

jerebear21 wrote:

cdnglf wrote:

jerebear21 wrote:

why when you guys talk about talent it's about the over whelming physical trait? Tom brady has great technique as a passer, vision and anticipation and have lasted much longer than any QB before him; why is that not included in talent evaluation? Not to mention mental fortitude, another check mark to make him the GOAT.

If physical talent alone is all that matters then Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell gets the award for most talented arm of all time. We saw how that ended.

They’re probably referring to guys who didn’t cheat.

ahhh. you're one of those. got it.

Brady is a systems guy. Give Manning or Brees the same cheating, Belichick, defense, Gronk, Vinatieri, and laughable AFC East “competition” and they’d have 8+ SBs, easy.
    If I recall correctly Brees is the one from your list that had a coach suspended for a full year.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Shilgy wrote:

cdnglf wrote:

jerebear21 wrote:

cdnglf wrote:

jerebear21 wrote:

why when you guys talk about talent it's about the over whelming physical trait? Tom brady has great technique as a passer, vision and anticipation and have lasted much longer than any QB before him; why is that not included in talent evaluation? Not to mention mental fortitude, another check mark to make him the GOAT.

If physical talent alone is all that matters then Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell gets the award for most talented arm of all time. We saw how that ended.

They’re probably referring to guys who didn’t cheat.

ahhh. you're one of those. got it.

Brady is a systems guy. Give Manning or Brees the same cheating, Belichick, defense, Gronk, Vinatieri, and laughable AFC East “competition” and they’d have 8+ SBs, easy.
    If I recall correctly Brees is the one from your list that had a coach suspended for a full year.

But I said “same cheating”

Gregg Williams -> dumb cheating

Evil Bill -> genius cheating

And of course Breesus would never sully the game or himself the way the deflator did.
    cdnglf wrote:

And of course Breesus would never sully the game or himself the way the deflator did.
    I would rather the team cheat against me with your version of genius than to pay a bounty to intentionally injure my players. But of course the team captain and the controlling coach had absolutely no knowledge of the heinous acts being perpetrated by those players and Williams.

Something about a bridge in Brooklyn comes to mind.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Shilgy wrote:

cdnglf wrote:

I would rather the team cheat against me with your version of genius than to pay a bounty to intentionally injure my players. But of course the team captain and the controlling coach had absolutely no knowledge of the heinous acts being perpetrated by those players and Williams.

Do you think Brees participated in the bounty program? Made Some extra dough taking out Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers? Lol

• swatsswats Members Posts: 411 ✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 5:57pm #400
    I hate the "well Brady's the best because he won the most championships" argument. Are Yogi Berra, Bill Russel and Henri Richard the greatest in their respective sports? If not, why not, they won the most championships??? Even though QB is the most important position, football is the ultimate team game, with upwards of 40 players seeing time during a single game with packages and substitutions. Everyone needs to do their part.

The people that argue against their "system", the Pats went 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel all season, and went 3-1 for the first 4 games of the 2016 season with Jimmy G and Jacoby freakin' Brissett. What happened with the Colts in 2011 without Manning? And why are there very few (if any) players and coaches that don't suck when they leave NE?

And yes, disclaimer I hate the Pats with a passion. I have to live in an area where you couldn't find hardly any Pats fans growing up, mostly Giants and Jets. Now, they;re EVERYWHERE. And they're ALL "die hard" Pats fans. I bet 90% wouldn't know who Steve Grogan was. The bandwagoning is pathetic.
    Titleist 910D3, 9.5, Whiteboard 73S
    TEE CB3, 16.5, Motore Exotics Tour S
    Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
    8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
    52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM4
    Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"
    cdnglf wrote:

Shilgy wrote:

cdnglf wrote:

Do you think Brees participated in the bounty program? Made Some extra dough taking out Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers? Lol
    You don't think he knew about it? The NFL is a violent game. But that was over the top and Payton got what he deserved.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

• highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    cdnglf wrote:

When you're worth that much $$ there has got to be a better way....
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,529 ✭✭
    Free Agency, is wildin right now...
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    edited Mar 12, 2019 9:05am #405
    bubbagump wrote:

Free Agency, is wildin right now...

Apparently this is THE year to spend money. Insane.

Overpriced, but not upset that KC has a honey badger now.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,451 ✭✭
    53678746_2408826295830711_5187939444069498880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=f8db0c93700b10f815c907040550753e&oe=5D100C6C
    Callaway BB Fusion 9* Diamana
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM RSi 1 
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 56, and 60 both SS grind
    TM Rossa Fontana  7 cs w/SS mid 3.0 
    53082551_2408639209182753_4105807611910160384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=a86689321fb92eeb03cd6417f1e65fc3&oe=5D16E4FC

54230685_2408590629187611_6301357325546422272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=57003fd3d5e6fd4e294b0ff594602d36&oe=5D25481F
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
    TM RSi 1 
  • Sh00terMcgavinSh00terMcgavin Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    ^^^^ As a die hard Giants fan, seeing him in that Browns uni kills me. I don't disagree with trading him, but I do disagree with what we got in return... And now the amount of dead cap space we have....... Wish him nothing but the best and I really hope he has HOF years every year with his new quarterback. Odell + a QB that can actually get out of the pocket is something that dreams are made of. Baker's ability to extend plays with Odell's ability to extend plays down field are going to be WILD. If he doesn't get hurt, he just may have one of the best reciever years in history.
    Ping G400 Accra TZ6 M5
    TEE EX10 Beta but searching
    Callaway Apex UT 21*
    Mizuno MP5
    Vokey
    Spider

Tp5x
  • padgetpadget Members Posts: 568 ✭✭
    We will see what happens with the Browns. I think OBJ is extremely talented but also seems like a bona fide head case and distraction most of the time. You can only have so much of that before it is detrimental to the team.

53853838_2411639348882739_6833163418837450752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=a5e9457fba9839553955f8e1d72de8c3&oe=5D260139
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
    TM RSi 1