2018 Aberdeen Standard Investments Ladies Scottish Open Jul 26-29

Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,400 ✭✭
  • Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points
  • Format: 72 holes
  • Purse: $1,500,000
  • Location: Gullane Golf Club, East Lothian, Scotland
  • Par: 71
  • Yardage: 6480
  • History: This is the 2nd year for the event. Mi Hyang Lee entered the weekend at the 2017 Aberdeen Asset Management Ladies Scottish Open at four-over par, in a tie for 39th and nine-strokes back of 36-hole leader Cristie Kerr, and shot a 66 to win by one stroke over MJ Hur and Karie Webb.


Coverage:
  • Jul 26: Golf Channel 9:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
  • Jul 27: Golf Channel 9:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
  • Jul 28: Golf Channel 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)
  • Jul 29: Golf Channel 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)
«13

Comments

  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,400 ✭✭
    Oh boy, more links golf. 'Luv it. The course seems short for a links course. Hopefully it'll have enough danger to keep the scores in check. The forecast calls for showers and possible t-storms on Thursday and Friday. Saturday looks clear, but Sunday brings more showers.



    Only 2 hours of coverage on Thursday and Friday. Bah. After the incredible first shot to last shot coverage of the Open Championship, this feels like a real letdown. At least they have 3 hours of coverage on the weekend.



    Mi Hyang was wonderful last year, but she's been in rotten form so far this season. She's missed six cuts, including the last 4 in a row. Her best finish this season is 8th. I'm going to go with Michelle this week. She seems to play well on links courses. In-Kyung should also be in the mix.
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
    edited Jul 24, 2018 #3
    Without see the scorecard for the ladies, Gullane plays up and around a massive hill, so some will be a fair bit longer, others of course shorter.

    They also need to protect against the wind. It's unfortunate they bump up against the Senior Open or they would've gotten more airtime surely.
  • StoochStooch Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    There better be wind this week, that's all I'm saying, I'm a fan of carnage lol The men escaped the wind for the most part on the 2 link style course played over in Europe. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,400 ✭✭
    Winds are forecast to be 12 mph on Thursday, with gusts up to 20 mph. They're predicting 9/15 (steady/gust) on Friday, 10/15 on Saturday, and 16/24 on Sunday.



    'Should be a challenge.
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 949 ✭✭
    Lot of LET players in the field, it`s nice to see some fresh faces. With that being said, I would have no issues with the camera`s following Annabel Dimmock, Carly Booth, Amy Boulden around all tourney, but I doubt that happens.



    Carlota Ciganda, Charley Hull, Emma Talley, Sandra Gal, Bronte Law, maybe not winners but top of the leaderboard.



    I`m going with Anna Nordqvist or Ariya.
  • ClairefromClareClairefromClare Members Posts: 414 ✭✭
    LET--that means we get to watch Ann Van Dam (I hope). She won't win it, but she's great fun to watch.
  • pwapwa Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:
    • Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points
    • Format: 72 holes
    • Purse: $1,500,000
    • Location: Gullane Golf Club, East Lothian, Scotland
    • Par: 71
    • Yardage: 6480
    • History: This is the 2nd year for the event. Mi Hyang Lee entered the weekend at the 2017 Aberdeen Asset Management Ladies Scottish Open at four-over par, in a tie for 39th and nine-strokes back of 36-hole leader Cristie Kerr, and shot a 66 to win by one stroke over MJ Hur and Karie Webb.


    Coverage:
    • Jul 26: Golf Channel 9:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
    • Jul 27: Golf Channel 9:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
    • Jul 28: Golf Channel 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)
    • Jul 29: Golf Channel 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)



    Late on this, like 3 years. But appreciate you starting the threads with all the info, and your blog too.
  • Garush34Garush34 Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    Looking forward to this, had thought about heading up on the weekend to watch but not sure I will get the chance now. Shame as its just an hour away and its not often we get to see the ladies play round here.
    WITB

    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
    Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    [/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Rife 460 Tour Blade[/font]

    Handicap - 17.3

    Home club[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] - [/font]www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/
  • postfoldpostfold oh how I LOVE putting Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    Also looking forward to this, 10 hours of TV isn't bad. Couldn't even begin to guess on a pick.
  • StoochStooch Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    Looks like lexi pulled out off the Ricoh, citing events off the last year and a half and mental fatigue. Hope she comes strong.



  • MellowMellow Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
    Hunh, I hadn't realized Mi Hyang's been having a tough time of it. Hope this picks her back up then. Although for defending just anything passable is great.



    Hope this is good for MJ again too, always cheering for her.



    I'm doing a wind dance too! Want everyone to have a good time, but it's fun to watch them deal with challenges and tough spots.
  • TailgaterTailgater Tailgating on the Back 9 Members Posts: 432
    pwa wrote:

    Argonne69 wrote:
    • Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points
    • Format: 72 holes
    • Purse: $1,500,000
    • Location: Gullane Golf Club, East Lothian, Scotland
    • Par: 71
    • Yardage: 6480
    • History: This is the 2nd year for the event. Mi Hyang Lee entered the weekend at the 2017 Aberdeen Asset Management Ladies Scottish Open at four-over par, in a tie for 39th and nine-strokes back of 36-hole leader Cristie Kerr, and shot a 66 to win by one stroke over MJ Hur and Karie Webb.


    Coverage:
    • Jul 26: Golf Channel 9:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
    • Jul 27: Golf Channel 9:30 am - 11:30 am (EDT)
    • Jul 28: Golf Channel 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)
    • Jul 29: Golf Channel 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)



    Late on this, like 3 years. But appreciate you starting the threads with all the info, and your blog too.
    I concur. This is much appreciated each week, Argon.
    Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,255 ✭✭
    Ally Mcdonald has started well, saw her @ Kingsbarns and really enjoyed watching her swing. Not really much information about her out there, looks to be a very talented player.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • Garush34Garush34 Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    Gullane looking good on the broadcast today, will be some interesting viewing. They seem to have got the wind that the men didn't seem to get a couple weeks ago.
    WITB

    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
    Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    [/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Rife 460 Tour Blade[/font]

    Handicap - 17.3

    Home club[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] - [/font]www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    Charley Hull playing well. Hopefully none of her mates snuck into the event to watch, lest she die of embarrassment.
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
    Dame Laura! Showing the kids how it's done image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,400 ✭✭
    In-Kyung, Amy, and Jenny Shin with the early lead after finishing their morning rounds at -5. Only 12 players in the first wave finished under par, though. The course appears to be playing tough.
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
    Love it! The EURO tours do a great job with their social/promotional stuff

    "Strongbow or Bulmers".

    "Bulmers." Didn't hesitate for a second image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    Unknown newcomers "Sung Park" and "Jeong Lee" making strong statements early on.
  • mnmlistgolfrmnmlistgolfr Members Posts: 648 ✭✭
    ...and a special welcome back to Jenny Shin's phony accent!
    Try playing golf w/ fewer than 10 clubs
    Chick Evans carried seven clubs
    when he won the 1916 U.S. Open.
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    About time for Su Oh to take her place and complete a triumvirate of great young Korean-Australasian LPGA golfers. IMHO.
  • StoochStooch Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    Watching the broadcast right now, Cheyanne Woods could have found herself a new career when she's done competing
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    Never heard of "R. Ryu" before, but she could easily pass as So Yeon's twin sister.
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,400 ✭✭


    Never heard of "R. Ryu" before, but she could easily pass as So Yeon's twin sister.




    Maybe they were referring to the Lenny Kravitz song, "R Ryu Gonna Go My Away".
  • WestTexWestTex Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Tiffany Joh with a 4 under so far with 9 to go! Aaaaannnnnd I just jinxed her...
  • jumpcutjumpcut Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I think the TV director really wants to be doing a nature documentary. A golf shot, a shot of the coastline, a golf shot, a shot of the plains, a golf shot, a shot of a seagull in flight...
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
    jumpcut wrote:


    I think the TV director really wants to be doing a nature documentary. A golf shot, a shot of the coastline, a golf shot, a shot of the plains, a golf shot, a shot of a seagull in flight...


    LOL I was just joking about this with a friend in Scotland - they are playing Scottish golf coverage bingo. They do it during all the links coverage across the tours.
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,015 ✭✭
    WestTex wrote:


    Tiffany Joh with a 4 under so far with 9 to go! Aaaaannnnnd I just jinxed her...


    I got the early jinx in on Laura, shame she limped home.
  • hebsanhebsan Members Posts: 841 ✭✭
    WOW! Tiff Joh with a -9 62, where did that come from?
  • WestTexWestTex Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    hebsan wrote:


    WOW! Tiff Joh with a -9 62, where did that come from?




    Don't know, don't care, hope she keeps it up! I know, it's just the first round, the golf gods will poo all over everything I'm sure.
Sign In or Register to comment.