Ai Miyazato got married

legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hardNew York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
Shocked, and happy for her. Was it a secret that she was seeing her manager? I had no idea.

https://www.japantim...r/#.W1nMrraZMWo

Former world No. 1 Ai Miyazato announced on her blog Thursday that she has married her manager whom she met while she competed on the U.S. LGPA Tour.

“I met him when I went to the United States, and I really appreciate him for supporting me through the good times and the bad,” Miyazato said on her blog.

“From this point on, I’d like to support him and build a warm family while continuing to grow on my own as a woman.”

Miyazato and her 37-year-old husband submitted their marriage registration on Tuesday, Miyazato’s 33rd birthday. The couple have yet to decide on a date for their wedding ceremony.

Following her LPGA Tour debut in 2006, Miyazato topped the world rankings after winning five tournaments in 2010 and held the No. 1 position for 11 weeks that season.

In March, she was offered a position as women’s national team coach for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Comments

• StoochStooch Members Posts: 791 ✭✭
    I say congrats, balance and happiness are important factors in life. I equate it to leaving a big company with a large salary to taking a job at a smaller firm that pays less money but has you closer to home working less hours to enjoy your family and friends and your general life experience overall.
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    Stooch wrote:

I say congrats, balance and happiness are important factors in life. I equate it to leaving a big company with a large salary to taking a job at a smaller firm that pays less money but has you closer to home working less hours to enjoy your family and friends and your general life experience overall.

Aww man, that's so sweet. You must be great at weddings.

Still think it's funny how low key some people are about getting married (I follow Ai on Instagram, and completely missed this news last month). Reminds me of when Adam Scott got married, and the world only found out after some reporter cornered him after a round and Adam was like, "Yeah, well I suppose if you absolutely must know then yes, I did."
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,229 ✭✭
    Good for her. She seems like a nice girl. Hope she's happy.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    W/S C300 15* - Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* - Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S FG Tour Forged - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown
  • HakkoHakko Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    Journalistically interesting that they don't mention the lucky fellow's name.
    Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
    Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
    Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
    Seemore Z2, 36"
    Ben Hogan 51º
    Anthem 56°
    Miura 59°
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,213 ✭✭
    Congrats she is a real sweety.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    She looks like a good person ! Hope They Will be happy with a lot of fairways ,birdies, and hole in ... ��
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,852 ClubWRX
    Yay! She was always one of my favorite LPGA golfers!
  • Soloman1Soloman1 Members Posts: 2,452 ✭✭
    Hakko wrote:

It’s normal for Japanese news sources, papers, TV and sites. She is the famous one, not him.

His name is Takumi Zaoya. Are you happy now? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
    Avogadro would be proud.
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,891 ✭✭
    Probably a little tick-tock on the clock going as well.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5
    Callaway BBA 816 16
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • MellowMellow Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
    Awesome, congratulations Ai!

That is great she has big things going for post-retirement.

Thank you for the news legitimate
  • HakkoHakko Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    Soloman1 wrote:

Hakko wrote:

It’s normal for Japanese news sources, papers, TV and sites. She is the famous one, not him.

His name is Takumi Zaoya. Are you happy now? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Takumi? We had drinks just the other day, and he never mentioned it!

But seriously, usually news stories give you the who, what, where, when, and why.
    Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
    Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
    Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
    Seemore Z2, 36"
    Ben Hogan 51º
    Anthem 56°
    Miura 59°
  • JasonicJasonic Gamer Banned Posts: 3,571 ✭✭
    edited Jul 28, 2018 #13
    Hakko wrote:

Soloman1 wrote:

Hakko wrote:

But seriously, usually news stories give you the who, what, where, when, and why.

Not in Japan if you’re not Japanese. My wife is Japanese and the support of Japanese people is a no brainer. It’s a given. She wanted nothing to with Golf then found out Rickie was 1/8 Japanese. Good for me we go to all the ny pga tournaments now no question. And we follow Rickie.

And Matsuyama (Rory for me lol)
    2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
    Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
    Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Ping Anser OG
    Snell MTB Black
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYMembers Posts: 4,629 ✭✭
    Jasonic wrote:

Hakko wrote:

Soloman1 wrote:

Hakko wrote:

It's normal for Japanese news sources, papers, TV and sites. She is the famous one, not him.

Not in Japan if you're not Japanese. My wife is Japanese and the support of Japanese people is a no brainer. It's a given. She wanted nothing to with Golf then found out Rickie was 1/8 Japanese. Good for me we go to all the ny pga tournaments now no question. And we follow Rickie.

Not that you need to tell the wife, but I think Rickie Fowler is 1/4.
  • JasonicJasonic Gamer Banned Posts: 3,571 ✭✭

Jasonic wrote:

Hakko wrote:

Soloman1 wrote:

Hakko wrote:

It's normal for Japanese news sources, papers, TV and sites. She is the famous one, not him.

Not in Japan if you're not Japanese. My wife is Japanese and the support of Japanese people is a no brainer. It's a given. She wanted nothing to with Golf then found out Rickie was 1/8 Japanese. Good for me we go to all the ny pga tournaments now no question. And we follow Rickie.

Not that you need to tell the wife, but I think Rickie Fowler is 1/4.

I stand corrected!!
    2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
    Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
    Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Ping Anser OG
    Snell MTB Black
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,593 ✭✭

Shocked, and happy for her. Was it a secret that she was seeing her manager? I had no idea.

https://www.japantim...r/#.W1nMrraZMWo

Former world No. 1 Ai Miyazato announced on her blog Thursday that she has married her manager whom she met while she competed on the U.S. LGPA Tour.

“I met him when I went to the United States, and I really appreciate him for supporting me through the good times and the bad,” Miyazato said on her blog.

“From this point on, I’d like to support him and build a warm family while continuing to grow on my own as a woman.”

Miyazato and her 37-year-old husband submitted their marriage registration on Tuesday, Miyazato’s 33rd birthday. The couple have yet to decide on a date for their wedding ceremony.

Following her LPGA Tour debut in 2006, Miyazato topped the world rankings after winning five tournaments in 2010 and held the No. 1 position for 11 weeks that season.

In March, she was offered a position as women’s national team coach for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Not a big deal but I'm confused,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Soloman1Soloman1 Members Posts: 2,452 ✭✭
    The date of marriage in Japan is based on when you file the paperwork at the local government office. The ceremony is more like the day you celebrate it with family and friends.
    I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
    Avogadro would be proud.