2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Puma ... better than most people give it credit for

About 2 years ago I bought a pair of titan tour ignite golf shoes kinda on a whim. I liked the white with royal blue stripe mixed with lime green accents. And it was a traditional-ish shoe but with what was touted as very padded.

I am a shoe freak, because I have all kinds of issues with my feet. So when I find something that feels good to them I usually go crazy. Well these felt great. So I did. I also have bought a lot of their non golf shoes as well and their clothing. I’m a complete convert.

Am I alone?

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not on the forums, although real life may differ.

;)

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I had those exact same shoes and I wore the s*** outta them. They held up amazingly well to a LOT of golf and were the most comfortable pair of spikes I've ever owned. I got rid of them after about 15 months because I had worn out the insoles pretty well and they smelled pretty bad and I just decided I'd try a pair of spikeless. I went with the FJ Pro S/Ls and they just don't hold a candle to the Pumas in terms of how they handled all the use (the right toe is completely worn and part of the sole is peeling back on the left one). I really think I'm gonna go buy another pair of the Pumas on eBay because I miss them so much.

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9º (at 8º) Accra TZ5 65 M5

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Ti 15º Accra TZ5 75 M5

3i/4i: Srixon Z785 Nippon Modus 120X (4i 1º weak)

5i-PW: Srixon Z-Forged Modus 120X

50º/54º/60º: Cleveland RTX 4 (Mid Bounce) Modus 120X (50º/54º) & DG TI S400 (60º)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 (33.75", 70º lie, 2.5º loft)

Really big fan of all things Puma. Bought a pair of the Ignite Pwradapt which are amazingly comfortable. Their clothes are high-quality, And fit great with shorter sleeves (I am 6’3”) and are actually cheaper than other major brands. That said, I’m always a bit conscious given that I’m in my early 40s, and my 10-year-old son likes to wear much of the same thing When on the course. Frankly, I don’t care what anyone thinks, not trying to be Ricky Fowler, just a big fan of the fit and quality of their entire line.

I had those exact same shoes and I wore the s*** outta them. They held up amazingly well to a LOT of golf and were the most comfortable pair of spikes I've ever owned. I got rid of them after about 15 months because I had worn out the insoles pretty well and they smelled pretty bad and I just decided I'd try a pair of spikeless. I went with the FJ Pro S/Ls and they just don't hold a candle to the Pumas in terms of how they handled all the use (the right toe is completely worn and part of the sole is peeling back on the left one). I really think I'm gonna go buy another pair of the Pumas on eBay because I miss them so much.

The new power adapt is the most comfortable golf shoe you can imagine. Not as traditional looking but the leather one isn’t tooooo bad. You will really be glad you picked up a pair.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Have the green ones currently. Still holding up nicely after about 50 walking rounds. Thinking about buying another pair or two when they go on supersale

Had the grey ignite for about a year and a half. Easily walked 150 rounds in them before they fell apart.

Had a pair of FJ in between that felt great at first but broke down after about 30 rounds.

The titantour ignite was the most comfortable shoe I had ever owned. I bought just about every color they had. Plus the grey pay of sneaker style above.

The power adapt isn’t my favorite looking shoe but I didn’t mind the leather one too much. It’s so comfortable that I don’t care what it looks like. I bought a pair of he grey ones. It’s incredible.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I had a pretty long stretch where I wore Puma golf shoes almost exclusively. I loved them. Looked great and were super comfortable. However, I had pretty big issues with how they held up. I found after 20-30 rounds of walking the course they were pretty much toast. I had issues ranging from the sole separating from the upper portion of the shoe to the mesh having holes rip through to the waterproofing not holding up.

Really frustrating because I did like the shoes a lot. I think I owned 5 different pair of Puma golf shoes and 4 of them broke down way sooner than they should have. The final straw was with the last 2 pair I owned. I bought them within the a couple of weeks of each other and rotated them every other round throughout the season. Both of them separated at the sole within 20 rounds of purchase. So I took pictures, emailed Puma, and they basically told me to go fly a kite.

I'm not boycotting Puma products or anything but it did rub me the wrong way. I haven't bought a Puma product in 2-3 years now as a result. They are pretty much the last place I'll look at this point.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

The titantour ignite was the most comfortable shoe I had ever owned. I bought just about every color they had. Plus the grey pay of sneaker style above.

The power adapt isn’t my favorite looking shoe but I didn’t mind the leather one too much. It’s so comfortable that I don’t care what it looks like. I bought a pair of he grey ones. It’s incredible.

I have two pairs of the gray ones, one with laces and the other with Puma's version of BOA. Just ordered a black pair.

They're not pretty or even all that cool (but neither is the FJ Pro SL :fie: ), but they are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn.

Hope all is well out your way, @Geaux Gators. We need to tee it up again soon!

I have two pairs of the gray ones, one with laces and the other with Puma's version of BOA. Just ordered a black pair.

They're not pretty or even all that cool (but neither is the FJ Pro SL :fie: ), but they are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn.

Hope all is well out your way, @Geaux Gators. We need to tee it up again soon!

How is the neck

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I have a few puma shirts and belts....they've been phenomenal. Almost no distinguishable wear on any of my puma gear. Some Nike shirts have been mixed for me but the Pumas? Pristine after a year or so of heavy use. I've been looking at the shoes for a bit (want to go spineless for the range), how do they fit? One of my feet has been wider lately due to inflammation (coming off an injury).

Just picked up the SuedeG. Love the retro look, and they’re super comfortable‼️ I figured I’d just wear them when I ride(rarely), but there so comfortable, I might even wear them to walk 18.

Titliest Tsr3 9* Hazardous Black 6.5 gen 4

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM9 50/08, 54/10, 58/08  s400

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5 ,+ ,+ ,+ ,+

Still loving the Puma IGNITE PWRADPT here. Great shoe and insanely comfortable.

I haven't transitioned apparel (Nike / UA) or running shoes (Nike / NB) yet but definitely open to trying in the future.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

I wanted to like the Titan Tours (I bought three pairs of them in different colors initially), but they tore through my achilles like they had sandpaper back there. After wearing the one pair, I returned the others. Such a shame. Great looking shoes.

I've gone all Nike since (older LC4s), and I have no complaints about them whatsoever. So, I'm good on shoes for a while now. But Puma has lots of good looking shoes out there right now -- and I'd be all in if those Titan Tours had worked out.

Bought a pair of Puma Ignite Pwrsport in Blue...most comfortable shoe I've ever owned.

I tried on a good dozen different shoes at Roger Dunn...hands down the most comfortable for my funny feet!

And to top it off, they price matched and I got them for $79.99!

As for longevity...I get sick of my clothes or they go out of fashion way before they fall apart.

Anyone tried the EVOKNIT shirts?

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

Curious about this myself. I've read good things about them, I think I'm going to purchase one and see how I like it.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

I won't even consider buying any golf shoes unless they are Puma. I had some issues with their first line of shoes maybe 15 years ago (the sole cracked) and they sent me not one, but two replacement pairs. Since then the quality has been incredible. I still have pairs that are maybe 10 years old and are pretty flawless from a construction and durability standpoint.

About 2 years ago I bought a pair of titan tour ignite golf shoes kinda on a whim. I liked the white with royal blue stripe mixed with lime green accents. And it was a traditional-ish shoe but with what was touted as very padded.

I am a shoe freak, because I have all kinds of issues with my feet. So when I find something that feels good to them I usually go crazy. Well these felt great. So I did. I also have bought a lot of their non golf shoes as well and their clothing. I’m a complete convert.

Am I alone?

Haven't tried the shoes but their shirts are nice. Great in the heat as they are thin, wicking and stretchy.

I have had a lot of their golf shoes. All very good, the odd pair I find pinch on the heel and might need a bit of breaking in, generally very comfortable out of the box.

I think the Titan Tour Ignites have been their best range, a good mix of looking more shoe than trainer and not too overstated. I have 4 pairs!!!

TM M1 2017 9.5° w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0
Titleist 917f2 or TM M1 2017 both 15° w/ Fujikura Pro84 stiff
Titleist 816H1 18 w/ speeder 9.8 tour spec stiff.
Bridgestone j15 w/ KBS Tour V X soft-stepped
Vokey SM6 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
Bridgestone Mini Staff bag

I have had a lot of their golf shoes. All very good, the odd pair I find pinch on the heel and might need a bit of breaking in, generally very comfortable out of the box.

I think the Titan Tour Ignites have been their best range, a good mix of looking more shoe than trainer and not too overstated. I have 4 pairs!!!

I love the ignite power adapt, but I sure hope that they give the Titan Tour an overhaul, as I really liked this shoe look wise.. it wasnt a "sneaker" and the Poweradapt really is... no matter how amazingly comfortable it is.. it still looks like a tennis shoe

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I have several of their shirts, a pair of shorts and running shoes from them. All have been great quality and are holding up nicely. I haven't needed to replace my golf shoes lately but when the time comes I'll more than likely be going with Puma.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Curious about this myself. I've read good things about them, I think I'm going to purchase one and see how I like it.

I bought one Evoknit online and when it came I thought it was too tight and put it in the closet for a couple months. Tried it on again and my wife said it looked good. Played a round with it and it felt great. I now have bought 2 more, great shirts. I am 6'3 215 wearing XL. It stretches too.

I just played 18 holes in 100 degree weather wearing an Evoknit shirt. I love this Evoknit shirt and will be buying more. Wasn't hot or sticky, loved the feel and comfort. I'll be buying more of these.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360