Grafalloy Blue

Blue is the first ultra-light golf shaft designed specifically for today's oversize drivers. Blue's patent-pending micro-mesh tip technology delivers the perfect combination of tip stability and energy transfer. Get Blue, it's great for big heads!

SPECS:

flex-----------------R, S, X

shaft length-------46"

weight-------------63grms

torque-------------2.8*

flex point---------mid

tip dia.-----------.335, .350

butt dia.----------.600

RECOMMENDED FLEXES:

90MPH TO 100MPH REGULAR

100MPH TO 110MPH STIFF

105MPH TO 120MPH X-STIFF

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got fitted for this shaft in an X Flex based on my high launch angle and spin rate. Tried almost every Fuji shaft and a few others and this was the only one that brought the spin rate down to an acceptable 2700rpm at 13 degrees launch angle off my PING G2 7* driver.

This fitting took place just before the release of the NT (Nano-technology) shaft so I cannot compare to either the Comp NT or Evolution.

For me I find this and other Grafalloy shafts easier to load and less boardy than an equivalent Fuji. Hit this further and straighter than the Fuji 757 and Diamana 83.

Still undecided about whether to go for the Blue, Comp NT, Accuflex Evolution or Accuflex VS339. Will be doing some testing over the next few weeks.

For me the most important is launch angle. I have a pretty decent SS at 115 - 121mph but I have very long arms (like a gorilla) that lead to a very high launch angle. Hit a 7* PING with an X Flex Aldila NV at 17 degrees launch and 3500rpm.

• 3 weeks later...

i got the blue a few years ago in my R510 and man did it make a difference. I have a X flex and it brought down my trajectory and gave me the confidence that i can hit the fairway all the time(not that i do). It also gave me a feeling that i could go after it without worry of loosing it! i have since installed it in a R5N and loved it also!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

does anyone have any idea if this shaft would work in a fairway wood? or does the overall weight just make it unplayable.

thanks

Josh, I've got an R flex Blue in a Launcher TI 15 degree FW and I really like it, it does feel pretty light though and I see you've got the 85 G NT in your woods so I would imagine it might not be to your preference. If you want to try a heavier version of the Blue you can find the Blue Tour (73 grams, it's no longer made by Grafalloy) on EBAY brand new for under $30.00. I haven't hit the Blue Tour (nor have I seen any reviews of it) but considering the price it would be a relatively inexpensive experiment.

Rapture V1 10.5 BB
Rapture V1 14
G15 2,4,5,6 HY Recoil 95
G15 7-LW CFS
Karsten TR B60

• 4 months later...

This shaft looks awesome, but I've got a few questions for those of you who use it. A driver I'm looking at has an R flex Blue shaft in it at 47 inches.

1. I have the swing speed for regular or stiff (low-mid 90s), so I should be getting the R flex shaft, right? (comments of this shaft playing stiffer, boardy, etc.)

2. Does it launch really low? I thought it had a mid kickpoint, therefore it would be a mid launch.

3. A driver I might be getting has this shaft at 47 inches. Any precautions if I buy this club? How much control will I lose? How much distance will I gain? Will the shaft play a bit softer?

Thanks guys

regular flex would be fine. I usually play all stiff , but i have tried my buddies regular flex and it seems to play consistent even in regular with great feel. The launch to me is mid. I did like the launch angle . it looked piercing and it did have alot of roll.

47 inches is a lil long. i played with a 46 1/2 inch driver and i had to slow down my tempo or i would block my drive.i wouldnt pplay anyhting longer than 45 1/2 inches

Thanks for the advice.

I actually didn't even realize it was 47" until I looked at all the info about it. I might cut it down a bit, but I really wnat to try it at this length to see how much distance I gain. I'm a shortknocker (220-250) and I need every advantage I can get. I'm 16 and most 16 year old (most good ones anyway) crush the ball way past me. Even tough I'm in the fairway about 50-60% of the time, I need some more yardage. However, if it doesn't work and I cut it down, will the driver play stiffer? I know butt-trimming doesn't do much, but if I cut off 2-3 inches, do you think it would make a differnece?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

47" is way too long. It also adds swing weight. If you can't handle it, you will lose

swing speed and won't find the sweetspot. Translation= less distance and accuracy.

I have a friend, who is scratch, looking for more distance tried a 46" driver and found he couldn't handle it.

I am 6'3" and went from 46" to 45" in a lower torque, higher frequency stiffer shaft and

increased my ss by 10mph. Longer distance, better trajectory and roll with tighter dispersion. My old shaft (Aldila NV-65 stiff) was frequency tested at 250, my new shaft

Grafalloy Blue Stiff tested at 270+. Much stiffer. My ss is 114-116mph.

If you don't have the swing speed for greater distance, make up for it with better contact with the sweetspot. Most tour players play less than 45" in driver.

Well that whole experience didn't work for me. In that time, I bought the driver, tried it, and traded it away for a set of Adams wedges, that have become my money clubs after 1 round. (shot a 79 which should have been an 85 or 86, but I was getting up and down from everywhere with the 60, and I chipped in with the 52 on a par 3 for birdie, on a hole that I haven't made a birdie on in months.)

• 2 months later...

Great shaft. I put it in my Launcher 460 after being dissapointed with its stock shaft. With the launchers stock shaft i tended to get too much spin and curve. Once i put the blue in it the launcher had new life. The ballflight turned into a penetrating, flat trajectory that seemed to hold its apex forever. I got much less spin and a greater accuracy. I have gained probaly a good 5 yards and much more accuracy.

• 2 months later...

AWESOME shaft..... I had this shaft in an old TM 580 driver.... bang 300 yds, straight.....it snapped, someone told me to try an NV, then a Fuji.....anyway, my driving went to pot..... I had the Diamana Blue board in a TM R5 TP, close but not the same...

I now have it in my Superquad in Stiff, and it's the most consistant driver I've had, you can really attack the ball if you want, the weight of the shaft, feels supreme....

I also have the Blue in Regular in my 3 wood (TM 200 series Tour, 15) and it feels very good, almost half way between reg and stiff....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 86mph with a 6 iron and 104mph with a driver, I have stiff in almost all shafts, but the Grafalloy Blue is a stiffer shaft than normal and I like to put an 'easy' swing on my 3 wood. I found the reg blue felt like a slightly softer 'normal' stiff, and yes it's the 65g shaft, but it's a light head so the shaft doesn't feel whippy...

I think if you were putting the Blue in a bore thru fairway head it may play even better...

• 6 months later...

For the last 3 years, I have been using stiff shafts. I purchased a new driver and decided to experiment with my old one, a Nike Ignite 460, 9.5*. I pulled the stock stiff shaft myself and replaced it with a Grafalloy Blue in X flex. Great deals as they are under $40. When I got it put together, it felt very much heavier than it was before and substantially heavier than my new driver. At first, I didnt think that I would like this shaft, but a trip to the driving range for the first time put all my doubts aside. The shaft is very firm and heavy, but the accuracy that I gain makes it well worth it. My shot trajectory became lower and shotmaking is much easier. When I try to hit a draw, flight pattern is much tighter. With a stiff shaft, I would have to put an easy swing on it or else look out right! With the Grafalloy I am now able to put a nice swift swing on it and get a better shot dispersion. Shots on the sweet spot rocket off the face...sometimes I can hit well past the 250 yard marker! My new driver will be equipped with another Grafalloy shaft in X flex, maybe the Epic Tour 75. The Grafalloy blue is a great shaft for the money.

• 4 weeks later...

While fitting my driver with Aldila VS Proto 60-R, I took a wild adventure for my MacGregor NVG2 Draw 3 wood.

Many told me that Grafalloy Blue was not an easy shaft to control, and I was a bit afraid.

The MacGregor NVG2 woods come with perfectly fine Fujikura Quadra Action shafts, and really they are very good shafts, but just a little weak.

Grafalloy Blue is a solid shaft with hefty feel, and it will withstand the overloading.

The dispersion is very tight, and the shaft was not something to be afraid of.

The trajectory for me (SS of 93-98 mph) was about mid/high and I was actually expecting something much lower like laser beam, but worked out better.

• 2 months later...

I have this shaft in my Mizuno MP001 and absolutely love it! It seems to be the most consistant shaft I've ever hit. I am another high spin/ high launcher, and this shaft gives nothing but a low boring trajectory. I am curious if there is anyone out there that has hit this in a D2? I have a D2 that I am going to be reshafting with an Aldila green NV, as this is what I have in my 906F2's, and love, but after I purchased the Aldila, I began wondering how the Blue would work? Any feedback is much appreciated!

wannabetiger, i don't know if you have had the nv before. but let me tell you as a person who likes the blue, i hate the nv. they feel nothing alike. if i were you i would stick a blue in the d2, first of all i think its a better shaft for someone who likes a lower ballfight. secondly it is cheaper. also i like the way the shaft looks better :yes:

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

Regarding the "Blue" in a D2. I played with a Graffaloy Blue X in a D2 yesterday...amazing! One of the young club pro's had it set up and sent me out on the course to try it. My Driver ss is 105-110...I have tried countless combinations and this one worked for me. So much that I have ordered the same set-up...can't wait! I have been using the Ping G5 with NV 65 stiff and the Burner TP w/65 stiff...both pretty good for length but I lost it left at greater swing speeds...not an issue with the Blue X in the D2 (9.5). The set-up works for me...I can go at it as hard as I want to.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had Blue R shaft installed into a 9.5* Cleveland XL driver. The previous shaft was the Aldila NVS 65 S, which was too stiff for my swing speed of ~98mph. (I thought that I would be able to keep the ball in the fairway with a stiffer shaft rather than left or right)

Just about every positive thing you hav read about this shaft is true...(At least all of the positive comments that I have read).

It's made specifically for large head drivers which really seems to work quite well. The mid kick point produces a nice medium flight ball and bores though the wind nicely. I can't say if the shaft produces the longest drives based upon my swing and swing speed, but when you can hit the ball straight, that's just about all that matters. I as well as a lot of other golfers would rather hit it 15 yards shorter and be in the fairway. (Not saying that the shaft does not produce long drives, but I have no way of acurate measuring. With roll, I'm probably hitting an average of ~260) The reason why it may be a bit shorter than other R shafts is that it feels a bit stiffer than your average R shaft.

The shaft is a few years old, but can still be found on some auction sites... Worth every penny...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Anyone try a Grafalloy Blue in a Cobra L4V?

Looking at trying this combo as I hit my Cobra well, but REALLY high. SS is about 105 / quick tempo and avg distance about 260-270 with NO roll. I will try the Blue in a Reg as I know these shafts play ALOT stiffer than advertised. Tried the Blue in a HiBore XL...loved the tight dispersion and a little lower ball flight, but just curious as to any feedback on a L4V. Currently playing a Patriot Stiff, tipped 0.5 inches @ 45.5 inches but the dispersion is non-existent when I go after it...

Thanks!

TK3

My set-up:
Bag - Flex Tech Crossover
Driver - Ping G430 MAX with HZRDUS Black Smoke

3 Wood - Ping G430

Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 Hybrid
Irons - Cobra King Tour irons

Wedges - Ping Glide 4  50* / 54* / 58*
Putter - Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
Shoes - Ecco Hybrid
Ball - Maxfli Tour X

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone tried a Grafalloy Blue shaft in a Callaway Ft-3 Driver?! I've had this shaft in a Golfsmith Hi-Cor driver since about 3 years and I am now looking to put this same shaft in a Fusion Ft-3 driver. I'd like to know if that's a good combo. I now have a Aldila NVS in my Ft-3 and I generate too much spin... I hit the ball too high and it feels too whippy... I like wayyyyy better the Grafalloy Blue!!

I am also considering putting the Grafalloy Blue shaft in my 3 wood...

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced the stock shaft in my ping G2 7* head with the graffaloy blue x flex. It is amazing the difference this shaft has made. I actually left the total driver length at 46" from 45. I have added 10 yards and am finding the middle of the fairway more often. I left it an inch longer because I knew how stiff the Blue X plays and thought I might be able to get a little more distance and still control it. Well, I got lucky and was right. Could not be happier with this shaft. :clapping: