Premium Golf Balls

Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
Started experimenting...
I've never played a premium ball before, and I had a bunch that I found and had sitting around the house collecting dust. I decided to try them out and was surprised to find that I am probably saving 2 - 3 strokes a round with these balls.

So far I like the Tour ix and Pro V1x. I hit the NOP today and was surprised at how far it went (the reviews I read said it wasn't very long for players with slower SS). The big surprise is how well it checked up on the green compared to the others. Three shots I hit today stopped near the hole and a fourth went in. With my old 2-piece ball all those shots would have been well past the pin, and even the mid-priced 3-piece would have rolled by.

Tomorrow the NOP, the ix, and V1x will go head to head to head. Which ever works best is what I'll use. I really like the action around the green as I can be more aggressive with chips and pitches knowing the ball will check up.

I also tried the Z-URS, B-330s, V1, and the TM Black.

I never realized what a difference a premium ball could make. I'm sold and look forward to FINALLY just using one ball.
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]

Comments

• sidewindersidewinder Members Posts: 1,260
    The Nike One Platinum, if you want to compare apple to apples, should go up against the Callaway Tour I and Titleist Pro V1.

Scott
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    sidewinder wrote on May 22 2008, 11:56 PM:
    The Nike One Platinum, if you want to compare apple to apples, should go up against the Callaway Tour I and Titleist Pro V1.

Scott

I know, I got my fruit mixed up. But the NOP, so far, seems to have the distance as the "x's" with more short game spin. I'll find out more tomorrow.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file