2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

TP5X practice balls on golfdiscount

pallagrin ·  
pallagrinpallagrin  122WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 122
Anyone buy from this website before? They have TP5X practice balls for $18 which is a pretty awesome deal. Here's the link: https://www.golfdiscount.com/our-cost-is-your-cost-specials
Posted:

Comments

• grm24grm24 Western PA 4027WRX Points: 1,143Members Posts: 4,027
    pallagrin wrote:

Anyone buy from this website before? They have TP5X practice balls for $18 which is a pretty awesome deal. Here's the link: https://www.golfdisc...r-cost-specials
    Straight Legit. Have bought from their website and Ebay store multiple times. Never an issue. Great price for that ball.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pallagrinpallagrin  122WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 122
    Awesome!! It seemed too good to be true but I’m glad they’re legit. Looks like they capped sales to 2 per person lol
    Posted:
  • EAkroutEAkrout  5WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 5
    I took advantage of this deal by getting 2 of each. The issue is unless you spend $100, you’ll need to factor in shipping.
    Posted:
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire IFYDKMIGTHTKY 282WRX Points: 106Members Posts: 282
    thanks for the heads up
    Posted:

Callaway Rogue 9.0 -1* - HZRDUS Red - 62g 6.5
    TM M2 3W - 15* - Aldila 125 MST 60
    TM Rescue 2 - 16* - LM stiff
    Mizuno JPX919F - 4-GW - DG 130S
    TM MG - 54/58
    Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 BF

• BB28403BB28403  4214WRX Points: 651Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,214
    What’s the diff in the practice and the real retail ones?

Oh a 90 compression rating...

Usual tour balls are over 100

Oh never mind. The new TP5x retail is 90 also.

Good deal!
    Posted:
  • chamgel2chamgel2 Athens, TN 1304WRX Points: 120Handicap: 6.9Members Posts: 1,304
    BB28403 wrote:

What’s the diff in the practice and the real retail ones?

Oh a 90 compression rating...

Usual tour balls are over 100

Oh never mind. The new TP5x retail is 90 also.

Good deal!

Yea, it’s not the compression. I know with the Penta TP the practice balls were ones that had slight blemishes, many times it was something slightly wrong with the logo, but other times it can be something else minor that causes it to not make it through the final inspection. I gamed the practice Penta’s for a few seasons and never noticed it to play any different than the regular retail version. That was one of my favorite balls of all time, picked up two dozen tp5’s hoping they play somewhat similar.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10* PX Hzrdus Yellow 63
    Ping G400 Stretch 13* PX Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Cobra Baffler 16.5* PX Hzrdus Black 75
    Ping g410 5-PW,UW, SW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey 58* V Grind Oil Can
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    The only difference is they have the word PRACTICE stamped on them, same as if someone ordered personalized balls and the person’s name was Practice.
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • BB28403BB28403  4214WRX Points: 651Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,214
    I tried to order but their site comes up funky on an iPhone when you go to check out. I may try again today from my laptop. Has anyone successfully gotten their balls and had no headaches? Bad websites in this day and age kind of weird me out.
    Posted:
  • chamgel2chamgel2 Athens, TN 1304WRX Points: 120Handicap: 6.9Members Posts: 1,304
    BB28403 wrote:

I tried to order but their site comes up funky on an iPhone when you go to check out. I may try again today from my laptop. Has anyone successfully gotten their balls and had no headaches? Bad websites in this day and age kind of weird me out.

I got an email today with a tracking # showing mine had shipped. Have ordered from golfdiscount numerous times in the past with no issues.
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
  • EAkroutEAkrout  5WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 5
    First time ordering from golfdiscount but I also got a prompt shipping confirmation email with tracking.
    Posted:
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres  1286WRX Points: 335Handicap: highMembers Posts: 1,286
    I have been using TP5 practice balls this year and love them. Strongly recommend. Great deal. Good find OP.
    Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3 15* w/ Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP32's w/ Rifles

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -SC Tei3 LN np2

Advertisement
    chamgel2 wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

I got an email today with a tracking # showing mine had shipped. Have ordered from golfdiscount numerous times in the past with no issues.

Cool, thanks. Got 2 of each of them ordered. Added 1 box of retail TP5x for free shipping to get to a total of $111.23 or something close to that. Was on the fence about the retails. But you save $8 with free shipping. So that takes the retails down to around $2.66 on a $4 ball, so that’s doable.

Thanks OP!
    Posted:
  • titleist_christitleist_chris  63WRX Points: 1Handicap: 8Members Posts: 63
    Good deal if you don't mind the nasty logo on them. I personally have had better luck and more variety with the following site: https://twoguyswithballs.com/chris/. I received free shipping as a VIP.
    Posted:

Good deal if you don't mind the nasty logo on them. I personally have had better luck and more variety with the following site: [url="https://twoguyswithballs.com/chris/"]https://twoguyswithballs.com/chris/[/url]. I received free shipping as a VIP.

That logo isn’t nasty at all on them, it’s just the word practice that can easily be drawn through with a sharply if one chooses... $18 a dz is a crazy good deal on these balls brand new.
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Guess it's true. "Practice" is a dirty word to many golfers!
    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
    Good deal if you don't mind the nasty logo on them. I personally have had better luck and more variety with the following site: [url="https://twoguyswithballs.com/chris/"]https://twoguyswithballs.com/chris/[/url]. I received free shipping as a VIP.

Their TP5x are $10 more a dozen . Dicks sporting goods has new ones for less some times.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JBent9610JBent9610  440WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 440

Good deal if you don't mind the nasty logo on them. I personally have had better luck and more variety with the following site: https://twoguyswithballs.com/chris/. I received free shipping as a VIP.

So we can pay $69 to be a VIP and get free shipping? And, it's only $10 more per dozen to get used balls with hand drawn sharpie marks vs these new balls with a clean printed word. Makes sense.

I do understand what you're saying. When you're the brand ambassador for a website, you have a vested interest to talk down about these kinds of deals.
    Posted:
    Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
    Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
    Halo/4DX
    X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
    ISI W2
    X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
    WHT 7H
    Yeah they are in high demand. I will check out Dicks if they have good deals too.
    Posted:
    I was more referring using a better used ball for tourneys. You can't beat the $10/dozen if you are using them just for practice.
    Posted:
  • the bishopthe bishop  3703WRX Points: 614Members Posts: 3,703

The only difference is they have the word PRACTICE stamped on them, same as if someone ordered personalized balls and the person’s name was Practice.

That's it. I'm changing my name. Of course when I was growing up I thought my first name was "goddamit".
    Posted:
    Ping G400 10*
    TM M1 (2016) 14*
    Maltby KE4 Tour 19*
    W/S C300 Forged 4-P
    W/S PMP 50/54/58
    TM Ardmore 3
  • tbowles411tbowles411  25531WRX Points: 688Handicap: GolfClubWRX Posts: 25,531
    the bishop wrote:

That's it. I'm changing my name. Of course when I was growing up I thought my first name was "goddamit".

Mine was Jesus Christ! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm showing my age... LOL
    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**

Advertisement

I was more referring using a better used ball for tourneys. You can't beat the $10/dozen if you are using them just for practice.

You can’t beat the price for a tourney ball either. There is nothing about these practice balls that makes them illegal for tourneys. No different than one having a ball personalized.
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
  • aiyyeraiyyer  1816WRX Points: 772Members Posts: 1,816
    Crap they jacked up the prices
    Posted:
    aiyyer wrote:
    Crap they jacked up the prices

They’re like Jon Snow... ****!

Lol jk
    Posted:
    Anybody play these practice TP5X and TP5 yet? I just got mine today. How are your rounds looking with the practice ones vs retail?
    Posted:
  • dearth12dearth12  695WRX Points: 63Members Posts: 695
    BB28403 wrote:

Anybody play these practice TP5X and TP5 yet? I just got mine today. How are your rounds looking with the practice ones vs retail?

I have played a number of rounds with the TP5x practice balls I purchased and I have played them side by side with the retail balls, I literally could not tell you a single difference. If you don't mind looking at the word practice on the ball, these are well worth the savings. Of course you could also put a black sharpie line over the word practice too!!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
    Cobra F8 5/6 wood w/ Evenflow Blue-75X
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron 17* w/ Dynamic Gold AMT X
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 4-PW w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100 (soft stepped once)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black (Armlock) w/ SuperStroke 17”

Advertisement
    BB28403 wrote:

I’ve played one round with mine, granted I’d never played the ball before, but I felt it performed at least as good as the B330s I had been playing, and in some respects, better.

I know years ago I played both the Penta TP and the Penta TP Practice and could not tell one bit of difference other than my practice balls had a line on them I where I had sharpied over the world “practice”...
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
    dearth12 wrote:
    BB28403 wrote:

I have played a number of rounds with the TP5x practice balls I purchased and I have played them side by side with the retail balls, I literally could not tell you a single difference. If you don't mind looking at the word practice on the ball, these are well worth the savings. Of course you could also put a black sharpie line over the word practice too!!

Great feedback, I have have a few boxes of retail TP5X along with the practice TP5 and TP5x and I’m def not a birdie player as of 2018. I doubt I ever notice the diff.
    Posted:
  • hwturner17hwturner17  438WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 438
    I picked up the same practice balls at my local Edwin Watts and I'm confident they are all part of the same lot TM sent out to their vendors. There were a few that had some really bad paint, which is why they are being sold as practice balls to begin with. I honestly don't care about little specs of bad paint or even a small nick or two, but this was big enough for me to put them in my shag bag for short game practice.

To describe what mine looked like, imagine painting a golf ball and then immediately rubbing it against a sheet of paper.

A majority of them looked perfect. Just like the retail balls. Just be aware that they could have significant blemishes, as advertised, that would likely prevent you from putting them in play
    Posted:

Advertisement
    hwturner17 wrote:

I picked up the same practice balls at my local Edwin Watts and I'm confident they are all part of the same lot TM sent out to their vendors. There were a few that had some really bad paint, which is why they are being sold as practice balls to begin with. I honestly don't care about little specs of bad paint or even a small nick or two, but this was big enough for me to put them in my shag bag for short game practice.

To describe what mine looked like, imagine painting a golf ball and then immediately rubbing it against a sheet of paper.

A majority of them looked perfect. Just like the retail balls. Just be aware that they could have significant blemishes, as advertised, that would likely prevent you from putting them in play

How much were they at Edwin Watts?
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.