GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

G/Fore cleats/sole durability?

Jarlaxle ·  
JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GAMembers  640WRX Points: 197Handicap: 11Posts: 640 Golden Tee
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I am strongly considering getting a pair of the G/Fore Gallivanters but wanted to see if there was any feedback on how durable the soles/cleats are. From the reviews I have read, everyone seems to really love the shoes but I've found most reviews (including the ones I write) tend to be after just a few rounds. I am hoping to hear w[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]hat their longer term experiences have been [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]from people that have had them a while. I prefer spiked shoes because you can always put in a fresh set of spikes. I am concerned these cleats will end up wearing down over time such that you'll have to eventually replace the entire shoe. [/background]<br />
<br />
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Thanks![/background]
Posted:
"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
Nike Method MOD 90
Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

Comments

• DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members  384WRX Points: 80Handicap: 6Posts: 384 Greens
    Mine seem to be holding up well—they seem pretty durable to me, but I try to avoid walking in pavement/concrete in all of my golf shoes to prevent spike wear as much as possible. The bigger issue for me has been cleaning them out after rounds. Almost impossible to do without a compressed air hose. As long as you have access to one of those, you should be good to go.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • troublelovetroublelove Members  371WRX Points: 84Handicap: 4.6Posts: 371 Greens
    Had mine for 18 months and just over 100 rounds of walking. The cleats have not worn down at all. They are the 'grippiest' shoe I have owned including lots of fully spiked versions. Hard ground, wet ground etc... not a problem.<br />
    <br />
    They take a couple of rounds to get used to the feel of the inner sole but otherwise... perfect.
    Posted:
    PXG Gen 2 X MCA Diamana BF
    Callaway Epic 15* GD AD I
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* GD AD I
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged/ Hot Metal Combo 5-9
    Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Circa 5
    Bridgestone BX
  • csiachoscsiachos Members  2009WRX Points: 146Posts: 2,009 Platinum Tees
    Holy ****, they’re very durable. Just very hard to clean out the grass, leaves, and sticks that get embedded in the sole!!!
    Posted:
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GAMembers  640WRX Points: 197Handicap: 11Posts: 640 Golden Tee
    <br />
    Had mine for 18 months and just over 100 rounds of walking. The cleats have not worn down at all. They are the 'grippiest' shoe I have owned including lots of fully spiked versions. Hard ground, wet ground etc... not a problem.<br />
    <br />
    They take a couple of rounds to get used to the feel of the inner sole but otherwise... perfect.<br />
    Thanks for the feedback, exactly what I needed!<br /><br />
    DeacLaw05 wrote:
    <br />
    Mine seem to be holding up well—they seem pretty durable to me, but I try to avoid walking in pavement/concrete in all of my golf shoes to prevent spike wear as much as possible. The bigger issue for me has been cleaning them out after rounds. Almost impossible to do without a compressed air hose. As long as you have access to one of those, you should be good to go.<br />
    Ok thanks, good to know!
    Posted:
    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Nike Method MOD 90
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.