Make switch to PXG?

Comments

• JDMRN81JDMRN81 Members Posts: 422 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

mbbrewer wrote:
    Saw on my FB you can order the gen one irons online for limited

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

The Black adds $60 per club if that’s what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790’s but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

I’m hearing it’s around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG’s compared to the 790’s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG’s. No regrets. I’m sure you’ll love the 790’s.
    Ping G400 Max 9* AD TP-6
    Ping G400 Stretch 3w AD IZ-7
    Ping G400 2H 17* Alta 7s
    Irons/wedges - TBD
    Toulon Columbus 34" CG custom matte black/Carolina blue
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Stars and Stripes
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,187 ClubWRX
    <sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else’s regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Atmos Black TS 6x<br />Taylormade M6 Rocket 3 w/Atmos Black 7s<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,182 ✭✭
    JDMRN81 wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

mbbrewer wrote:

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

The Black adds $60 per club if that&#146;s what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790&#146;s but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

I&#146;m hearing it&#146;s around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG&#146;s compared to the 790&#146;s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG&#146;s. No regrets. I&#146;m sure you&#146;ll love the 790&#146;s.

It was gonna be close to the same price all things factored in. TM has a 15% military discount btw. Another thing would have been grips as the PXG would’ve been the first thing ripped off and replaced. My set has a scheduled ship date of 8/10 with 1 day shipping but hoping to get them by 8/10.
    bogeypro wrote:
    <sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else&#146;s regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

I have PXG ads pop up on my Facebook news feed a good bit and it’s funny listening to them catch flack and the PXG rep trying to justify everything. Some of the funnier ones was an add for the PXG polos and them trying to justify the $160 price tag for a shirt.
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    bogeypro wrote:

<sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else's regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

I know that was good therapy for you...
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • JustinMJustinM Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    Just bought the 0311t 5-pw. These will replace my P770s. Can’t wait till they get here. Great price and hey why not image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,187 ClubWRX
    SwingMan wrote:

bogeypro wrote:

<sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else's regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

I know that was good therapy for you...

It was. 😂. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Atmos Black TS 6x<br />Taylormade M6 Rocket 3 w/Atmos Black 7s<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • JDMRN81JDMRN81 Members Posts: 422 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

JDMRN81 wrote:

I’m hearing it’s around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG’s compared to the 790’s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG’s. No regrets. I’m sure you’ll love the 790’s.

It was gonna be close to the same price all things factored in. TM has a 15% military discount btw. Another thing would have been grips as the PXG would’ve been the first thing ripped off and replaced. My set has a scheduled ship date of 8/10 with 1 day shipping but hoping to get them by 8/10.

When I did my comparison (noted this in the PXG thread on D&D), if you get upgraded shafts it’s almost a $300 difference with TM being the MORE expensive. If you go with shafts that aren’t upgrades through TM then it’s almost a $100 savings with TM. Also, if you’re a ho, resale will be better with the PXG’s most likely (I’m sure I’ll catch **** for this, but I don’t care about the check box we clicked on to agree not sell/give away......I paid for the product, you can’t tell me what I can do with something I own). Either way you’ll love the P790’s I’m sure. I would have went with them if they weren’t $300 more with the steel fiber shafts.
    Ping G400 Max 9* AD TP-6
    Ping G400 Stretch 3w AD IZ-7
    Ping G400 2H 17* Alta 7s
    Irons/wedges - TBD
    Toulon Columbus 34" CG custom matte black/Carolina blue
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Stars and Stripes
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,989 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

mbbrewer wrote:

The Black adds $60 per club if that’s what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790’s but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

No one said anything about the black finish....satin went from 350 to initially 175 and 125 for irons and wedges....my turnaround is placed at 9-14 days but not yet confirmed as the order was done Thursday....when I get a hard date, I'll post!
    JDMRN81 wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

JDMRN81 wrote:

I&#146;m hearing it&#146;s around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG&#146;s compared to the 790&#146;s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG&#146;s. No regrets. I&#146;m sure you&#146;ll love the 790&#146;s.

It was gonna be close to the same price all things factored in. TM has a 15% military discount btw. Another thing would have been grips as the PXG would&#146;ve been the first thing ripped off and replaced. My set has a scheduled ship date of 8/10 with 1 day shipping but hoping to get them by 8/10.

When I did my comparison (noted this in the PXG thread on D&D), if you get upgraded shafts it&#146;s almost a $300 difference with TM being the MORE expensive. If you go with shafts that aren&#146;t upgrades through TM then it&#146;s almost a $100 savings with TM. Also, if you&#146;re a ho, resale will be better with the PXG&#146;s most likely (I&#146;m sure I&#146;ll catch **** for this, but I don&#146;t care about the check box we clicked on to agree not sell/give away......I paid for the product, you can&#146;t tell me what I can do with something I own). Either way you&#146;ll love the P790&#146;s I&#146;m sure. I would have went with them if they weren&#146;t $300 more with the steel fiber shafts.

Gotcha. The shafts I considered there wasn’t an upcharge for so I was good there. I honestly don’t think they care how many sets you buy or who for.
  • djfalconedjfalcone Exceptionally Average Members Posts: 783 ✭✭
    I made the switch to a full bag of PXG because of the Hero program - and I couldn't be happier. The 0311T is just an awesome club - no doubt about it. While some people will have their own opinions and complaints - I have none of either. The issue with the stronger loft and spin I found to be minuscule only because the height and decent angle where enough to stop the ball without spinning back. I did gain a bit of distance - about a full club - but I find that because of the gain then mixed in with the wedge setup I have it works perfectly. Get them - you won't be disappointed.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

Instagram : danieljfalcone

http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
    ^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1702616-daniels-witb/#entry18130482
    ^^^WITB
  • KevmontonKevmonton Posts: 221 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

mbbrewer wrote:

Wouldn't 50% off be $175? I thought they were $350 each.
    Kevmonton wrote:

BiggErn wrote:

mbbrewer wrote:

I addressed this earlier....initially 50% was the price....now more like 65% with irons being 125 per club
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2018 #45
    Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. I’m not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
    G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
    Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. I&#146;m not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

What item? I didn’t get anything with my 3 wood.
    edited Aug 5, 2018 #47
    JustinM wrote:

Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. I’m not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

What item? I didn’t get anything with my 3 wood.

I added a pic. This is my second order thru the hero program so that might have something to do with it.
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
    edited Aug 5, 2018 #48
    Kevmonton wrote:
    BiggErn wrote:

mbbrewer wrote:

I never really researched the price points before because I never considered PXG clubs. I saw the hero program and gave it a look and that’s when I saw the prices. I have no clue what they were before or what 50% would’ve been, just saw $125 per iron and the $60 upcharge per club for the black finish.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    JustinM wrote:

Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. I&#146;m not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

What item? I didn&#146;t get anything with my 3 wood.

I added a pic. This is my second order thru heroes so that might have something to do with it.

Nice!!!! I hope I get something extra when my irons come in. It’ll be my second order as well.
    Yep I made 3 orders. Got one each time.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

^^^WITB
    SwooshLT wrote:

M910 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

00bolt wrote:

Do they offer hero’s program on the 0311T or just 0311

Gen 1 irons. ..0311, 0311t,0311xf, 0311x driving iron, 0311 wedges , woods, hybrids and putters!

I didnt see driving iron as part of the program. Did you mean driver?

I was told that gen 1 0311X driving iron is an option....call the players assistance number 1-844-752-9794

Do you know if the gen 1 0311x driving iron can be had in black?
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto

SwooshLT wrote:

M910 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

00bolt wrote:

Do they offer hero’s program on the 0311T or just 0311

Gen 1 irons. ..0311, 0311t,0311xf, 0311x driving iron, 0311 wedges , woods, hybrids and putters!

I didnt see driving iron as part of the program. Did you mean driver?

I was told that gen 1 0311X driving iron is an option....call the players assistance number 1-844-752-9794

Do you know if the gen 1 0311x driving iron can be had in black?

I'd think if you paid the black upcharge.....but I didn't ask....everything is custom.....give a call!
    edited Aug 6, 2018 #53
    Driving irons are available. Call only though. I picked a 2 iron with an Even Flow blue 85g shaft. Limited shaft offerings is the downside. I’ll most likely replace it with a GD DI
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cwaf23cwaf23 Members Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if this hero program is going to be around for ahwhile? I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on these PXG's since the price is so good but would really like to get fitted first. Unfortunately a fitting would have to wait until January at this point.
    Their not going to have the Gen 1 iron heads forever. At some point PXG is going to close the line.
    JustinM wrote:

Their not going to have the Gen 1 iron heads forever. At some point PXG is going to close the line.

I had figured the same thing - that is why I ordered an entire bag while I could. Really happy I did.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

^^^WITB
  • M910M910 Members Posts: 826 ✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2018 #57
    djfalcone wrote:

JustinM wrote:

I had figured the same thing - that is why I ordered an entire bag while I could. Really happy I did.
    my buddy made the mistake of ordering 5-pw..then going back and getting the 3, hybrid, another putter and driver. Could've saved on shipping/tax...them again the price drop helped his decision also.
  • BForresterBForrester Unregistered Posts: 1,261
    edited Aug 6, 2018 #58
    It's your money. If you're not that attached to it, why not?
    Taylormade M1 8.5o Aldila Tour Green 70x 44"
    Taylormade RBZ 3w 15o Aldila Tour Blue 70x
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19o R-Flex
    Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW DG S300
    Mizuno S5 (54, 58)
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
  • M910M910 Members Posts: 826 ✭✭
    JustinM wrote:

Driving irons are available. Call only though. I picked a 2 iron with an Even Flow blue 85g shaft. Limited shaft offerings is the downside

Agreed, there wasn't much the rep could fill me in on for driving iron shaft options. She did mention that there was an up charge for the steelfiber 95 because it wasn't usually offered.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 578 ✭✭
    I just couldn't justify spending $3K on a set of irons, even half that, unless custom fitted seems ridiculous, but if can afford it, go for it.....then again, there's always Epon and Miura
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
    GSDriver wrote:

I just couldn't justify spending $3K on a set of irons, even half that, unless custom fitted seems ridiculous, but if can afford it, go for it.....then again, there's always Epon and Miura

I've played Miura's and while yes they feel great and look amazing - the PXG's destroyed these in almost every category for me in the sense of performance. Since I'm not Tiger or Rory I needed a bit of help. I personally got fit for the JPX 900 Tour and the PXG's - Club champion wanted $2300 for the irons (didn't do that of course) so instead I took the same specs from my fitting went to PXG for the Hero program and paid less than $900. Way cheaper than even a brand new set of AP2's. I did an entire bag for about $1300 less than the 3K you mentioned. Not arguing or anything, just wanted to share my experience.
    Tour Issue M3
    PXG 0341
    PXG 0317
    Mizuno MP-15 3-PW
    Mizuno T7 54/68
    Custom Byron
    ProV1X

^^^WITB