Eliott Bag came in. Pics...

easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a HoDetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin
edited Aug 4, 2018 in Golf Bags/Carts/Headcovers #1
Came in last week and it is awesome. Has 2 straps that has lots of padding. Very comfortable. Looks like a rockstar out on the course.

Alistair 8" single pocket with valuables pocket. Dark navy "hide house"and light blue contrasting thread throughout. The owner is Scott Halter and he lives and works out of a shop near Charleston South Carolina. Custom makes a had full of bags every month. Quality is unbelievable and so glad I made the dive to pony up the $$ to have one made.

No more off the shelf bags for me. Time to step it up.

Here are some pics...

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,690 ✭✭
    Beautiful Bag!
  • Tommy56Tommy56 Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Very nice. Looks like it will last a lifetime.
    Minimalist:  917D2 / 816H1 / 716AP2 5, 7, 9 / SM7 48, 54 / Futura 5.5M
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,473 ✭✭
    That's one **** devil right there
  • dparkdpark Members Posts: 2,535 ✭✭
    Nice bag. Did you look at Links & Kings and MacKenzie before deciding? Would be interested in what you thought were the pros/cons between those bags.

Bandon has gone Links & Kings for their high end logoed bags.

MacKenzie is local to Portland (where I live) so that is why I like them.
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver
    1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood
    1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E
    1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver
    Adams 5050 16 fairway wood
    Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    That's gorgeous. Don't fret about the $$ spent on the bag: If you take reasonable care of it, Scott's bags will easily last a decade, the math will be in your favor, & you'll have an old friend with you each time you play...

Well done, enjoy.
    Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

All the clubs I've ever owned.
  • slide13slide13 Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭
    Very nice!! Great looking bag, really want to get my hands on one to check them out sometime. They sure look quality!
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,538 ✭✭
    Great look. Just wondering why the higher end bag makers don’t incorporate a stand. I get that they like to go for that old school look but as much as I’ve wanted to get one myself, not all that functional.
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭
    That's a beaut ... Single divider with a full 14 clubs in there?
    Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Sun Mountain Swift X
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin
    dpark wrote:

Nice bag. Did you look at Links & Kings and MacKenzie before deciding? Would be interested in what you thought were the pros/cons between those bags.

Bandon has gone Links & Kings for their high end logoed bags.

MacKenzie is local to Portland (where I live) so that is why I like them.

I looked at Stitch, Jones, and closely at MacKenzie which was close. But I originally went to Eliott because they offered a built in stand. Ultimately didn't ask for a stand but after I looked at all the pics of them I went for it. Ari from National Custom had one and he loves his as well.

Here is the stand from their site...

Great look. Just wondering why the higher end bag makers don't incorporate a stand. I get that they like to go for that old school look but as much as I've wanted to get one myself, not all that functional.

See above pic. They have them if you want one.
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin
    tatertot wrote:

That's a beaut ... Single divider with a full 14 clubs in there?

All 14 and they are wide soled PXG P heads. I likes all the steel in one divider. Easy to put and easy to pull.
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,658 ✭✭
    Such a cool bag. Was wondering how I could carry one at first light, when the dew is all over the ground. A stand would make the task so much easier.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • gibbiesmallsgibbiesmalls Members Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2018 #13
    Great looking bag, you'll love it!

I have 3 Eliott Bags and love all 3. I personally think Scott's leather is higher quality than Mackenzie. The Mackenzie bag is also an outstanding bag, and functionally they're both great bags, but I just prefer my Eliott bags.

I'm a bit of a single strap bag hoe... I like rotating them every time I play. I have 3 Eliotts, 3 Mackenzies, 2 Jones, 2 Mullholland Bros, 1 Nike, 1 Stitch, 1 Sun Mountain leather.

I use them all with a "stand made of sticks" that Scott (Eliott Bags) made for me.
  • slide13slide13 Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭

Such a cool bag. Was wondering how I could carry one at first light, when the dew is all over the ground. A stand would make the task so much easier.

Trestle sticks solve the problem for me with my Mackenzie. They work great and are much easier to use than I expected. When it’s dry I’ll just set the bag down but I play first thing in the morning a lot so my trestle sticks get used a bunch. Take them out on the first tee and then just carry them like a little walking stick between shots.
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    I've bought a few headcovers from him and the craftsmanship is amazing! That bag is so cool looking and I'd totally get one but using it at my home course would be awkward. I feel like it wants to be used at Pinehurst, Pebble, Bethpage and any of the original or classic courses.
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,852 ✭✭
    That is a fantastic bag. Very nice.

I bought a Westchester a few years ago -- sage canvas with dark brown and cream leather accents and a handful of customization items. Scott was awesome to work with and he makes the best bags in the business IMO.

I will be a repeat customer, no question.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather