Vice Pro Soft for Hickory Play

Anyone ever try these out while playing their hickories? They are only a 35 compression ball and I’ve heard good things about the rest of their products.

Summary of Features

Extremely low core compression of only 35

3-piece constrcution with cast urethane cover

Newly designed BJ13 resin paint coating formula

Unprecedented and highly innovative nanotechnology matte clear coating finish for even more grip and feel as well as anti-glare effect and 100% color fidelity

336 dimple design

Minimum dispersion

Robot tests prove that the 336 dimple design has negligible dispersion off the tee and in the short game which makes the VICE Pro Soft a reliable companion in any situation on the Golf course.

Comments

• stixmanstixman Hew to the line. Let the divots fall where they may. 1926 Golf I Members Posts: 1,835 ✭✭
    Yup, goes fine, I've used it, so has Blade Junkie.

But is the undoubted technology you cite going to make a difference to a hickory game that is by definition and intent 'low tech' I am unsure
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,242 ✭✭
    Just curious, Why does it matter what kind of ball you use for “hickory play”?

You worried about hurting the club? I don’t get it. Any Regular modern ball won’t hurt a hickory shafted club.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • MartinM326MartinM326 Members Posts: 39
    Haha, probably not. Just put it there as some more info to read.
  • MartinM326MartinM326 Members Posts: 39
    Just curious, Why does it matter what kind of ball you use for “hickory play”?

You worried about hurting the club? I don’t get it. Any Regular modern ball won’t hurt a hickory shafted club.

I think it’s not a matter of hurting the clubs but what feels best. When I first got my hickories a few weeks ago I tried a Pro V and it felt like a rock. While the Wilson Duo felt very soft and a lot better.
  • Nbavaro33Nbavaro33 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Ive used the vice pro soft with hickories, can confirm they play fine.