Coming from X-22 Tour

frohboy33frohboy33 Members Posts: 12
Hi guys, looking for a little direction. I currently have some X-22 Tour irons with the PX 5.5 shafts in them. While I like the club, I feel like I need a bit more forgiveness as I get a bit older. I'm 35 years old and I'm about a 13 handicap. On a whim last week, I bought some used Titleist 714 AP2 with the C Taper Lite stiff shafts. I can't him them consistently, which kind of cemented in my head that I need some more forgiveness. I'm going to sell those 714's and get something else.

I really can't stand the look at address of a major game improvement iron, so was looking at something like the Steelhead XR pro Irons which I can pickup used for around $450. That's kind of the top of my budget. Do you think this would offer an advantage over my current X-22 Tours? Anything else you would suggest that's maybe around that price? I don't mind buying used or technology that is a few years old.

Comments

• danattherockdanattherock Members Posts: 3,517 ✭✭
    Bogey golfer here, just picked up set of Callaway Apex, 2014/2015 as I recall, from Callaway preowned. Around $400. Absolutely love them, easy to hit, forgiving enough, but has incredible feel with solid shots. I was on fence regarding forgiveness, but so far so good.
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,300 ClubWRX
    AP2's with S-Taper Lite Stiffs aren't going to be easier to hit than the X-22's. The X-22's were a really good head. I'd recommend keeping those and maybe reshafting them with new shafts that are a little easier than the Project X. Maybe some NS Pro shafts.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"