Track Man Results Strange findings

Hello I am a -6 handicap I and recently noticed loss in distance with driver. I have access to track man and launch monitor. Here are a few of the findings. 6 171 yds, 5900 spin 83 MPH club head speed

22 degree 4 iron 205 yrd 87 Mph club head speed . 18 degree Hybrid 214 yds 16 degree 3 wd 227 91 mph . Irons are hogan PXT KBS 90 hard stepped . Hybrid and 3 wood Rogue Stiff . Here is where it gets weird . my Driver total distance is 243 yrds 14.9 launch 1980 spin 88 Mph club heads speed . Cobra F7 10.5 neutral setting Oban stiff flex . plus 2 attach angle either 127 or 147 attach angle. My question is it appears I gain little to no swing speed with my driver over 4 iron .. I tried several different driver combinations with the very similar results. Track man was verified on the launch monitor. I must have a huge power leak with driver. Last time when fitted for driver my swing speed was 97 Mph . With my 4 iron swing speed what range should my driver swing speed be at. Thanks

Comments

• tk_golftk_golf Members Posts: 21
    edited Aug 12, 2018 #2
    102-105

That seems like a lot of carry for 88 MPH clubhead speed.
  • SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE OhioMembers Posts: 2,334 ✭✭
    Generally you should see 2-3 mph increase in swing speed per club as you go up the set. 93-95 MPH should be were your at with the rest of the clubs,
    2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind
  • stowestowe Members Posts: 7
    tk_golf wrote:

102-105

Total distance not carry. At least I am finding the sweet spot. I will have to find the power leak with the driver.
  • tk_golftk_golf Members Posts: 21
    stowe wrote:

tk_golf wrote:

102-105

Total distance not carry. At least I am finding the sweet spot. I will have to find the power leak with the driver.

That makes more sense. Even with a power leak its very strange that it is that low compared to the other clubs.

I can't remember a time having a student on a trackman and seeing that kind of drop.
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭
    What length driver are you playing?
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65 - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • stowestowe Members Posts: 7
    Hello Driver is 44 1/4 . Oban Kiyoshi gold shaft .
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,778 ✭✭
    Clubhead speed reading is wrong on the driver. What was the ball speed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file