Does anyone play the precept IQ 180?

persona_non_grada ·  
persona_non_gradapersona_non_grada Members  43WRX Points: 0Posts: 43
Just like the title says...and just to complicate the issue, how does it compare to the ad333?

I just can't seem to find much about this ball. The golf magazine data showed it to be a fairly long ball. Just curious if anyone had tried it in the real world. How's it feel etc.
Posted:

Comments

• HungsoloHungsolo ClubWRX  553WRX Points: 60Posts: 553 Golden Tee
    It is an awesome ball. It has greenside spin, feels great off of the driver and irons, putter too.

I have never played a non premium ball that has greenside spin, and this one does. I was shocked. It is an incredible ball and much superior to the AD333 in my opinion. The only area that the AD is better would be durability. Distance, spin, and greenside spin all go to the IQ.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Omaha, NebraskaMembers  1246WRX Points: 171Handicap: 11.4Posts: 1,246 Platinum Tees
    I have almost used up a dozen of these and for me, I am not too excited. They are ok, but not great on anything.
    Posted:
    Driver: _________ Ping G400 Max
    Woods: ________ Ping G410 3 & 5 
    Hybrids: _______ Ping  G410 4 & 5
    Irons: __________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    Wedges: _______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    Putter: _________ Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
    Ball: ____________ Snell MTB-X Yellow & Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    Bag: ____________ Datrek Lite Rider
    GPS: ____________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7 Pro
    GHIN: __________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • dchung1dchung1 Members  10WRX Points: 0Posts: 10
    how about iq 180 vs the noodle plus?
    Posted:
  • dchung1dchung1 Members  10WRX Points: 0Posts: 10
    in terms of distance and overall performance
    Posted:
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members  6814WRX Points: 85Handicap: 9.8Posts: 6,814 Titanium Tees
    Hungsolo wrote on May 25 2008, 06:22 PM:
    It is an awesome ball. It has greenside spin, feels great off of the driver and irons, putter too.

I have never played a non premium ball that has greenside spin, and this one does. I was shocked. It is an incredible ball and much superior to the AD333 in my opinion. The only area that the AD is better would be durability. Distance, spin, and greenside spin all go to the IQ.

Agree with above -- for the price, it's tough to beat.

It doesn't spin like the spinniest premium balls, but it does surprising well in preliminary tests on the practice green in comparison with some premiums and one round of play.

I'll take the Precept over an NXT Tour for performance and put $10 in my pocket.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 ●SeeMore Nashville
  • TerpmanTerpman Members  619WRX Points: 0Posts: 619
    I've played the Precept Distance IQ 180 and I really love the ball. Man, does it go far off the driver, woods and irons. And, it is very soft off the irons -- you will hardly know you've hit it when you hit it right. Around the greens and off the putter, it is good there as well. An excellent ball, especially at $20 per dozen. I've recently played a dozen of the TM Burner and it is very close to the Precept in overall performance. I thought the Precept was a tad softer and better off the putter so I prefer the Precept to the Burner. I just bought a dozen Srixon AD333 to compare when I play a couple of rounds next week--stay tuned.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • m_wm_w Gearhead Members  296WRX Points: 106Posts: 296 Greens
    i like it a lot. good feel, decent spin and cheap. the only downside is that the durability is quite bad
    Posted:
  • ManagerArmstrongManagerArmstrong Members  47WRX Points: 0Posts: 47
    I wanted to like it so much but I did not. I used to play one of the older Precept MC series and loved it. I just was not impressed enough with its distance to overcome its shortcomings around the green when compared to the ball I play now (NXT Tour). I do like the IQ price however. Maybe the IQ just does not like my swing.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.