Does anyone play the precept IQ 180?

persona_non_gradapersona_non_grada Members Posts: 43
edited May 25, 2008 in Golf Balls #1
Just like the title says...and just to complicate the issue, how does it compare to the ad333?

I just can't seem to find much about this ball. The golf magazine data showed it to be a fairly long ball. Just curious if anyone had tried it in the real world. How's it feel etc.

Comments

• HungsoloHungsolo ClubWRX Posts: 553 ✭✭
    It is an awesome ball. It has greenside spin, feels great off of the driver and irons, putter too.

I have never played a non premium ball that has greenside spin, and this one does. I was shocked. It is an incredible ball and much superior to the AD333 in my opinion. The only area that the AD is better would be durability. Distance, spin, and greenside spin all go to the IQ.
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Members Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have almost used up a dozen of these and for me, I am not too excited. They are ok, but not great on anything.
    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G410 3 & 5 woods
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB Black Yellow & Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • dchung1dchung1 Members Posts: 10
    how about iq 180 vs the noodle plus?
  • dchung1dchung1 Members Posts: 10
    in terms of distance and overall performance
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2008 #6
    Hungsolo wrote on May 25 2008, 06:22 PM:
    It is an awesome ball. It has greenside spin, feels great off of the driver and irons, putter too.

I have never played a non premium ball that has greenside spin, and this one does. I was shocked. It is an incredible ball and much superior to the AD333 in my opinion. The only area that the AD is better would be durability. Distance, spin, and greenside spin all go to the IQ.

Agree with above -- for the price, it's tough to beat.

It doesn't spin like the spinniest premium balls, but it does surprising well in preliminary tests on the practice green in comparison with some premiums and one round of play.

I'll take the Precept over an NXT Tour for performance and put $10 in my pocket.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • TerpmanTerpman Members Posts: 619
    edited May 27, 2008 #7
    I've played the Precept Distance IQ 180 and I really love the ball. Man, does it go far off the driver, woods and irons. And, it is very soft off the irons -- you will hardly know you've hit it when you hit it right. Around the greens and off the putter, it is good there as well. An excellent ball, especially at $20 per dozen. I've recently played a dozen of the TM Burner and it is very close to the Precept in overall performance. I thought the Precept was a tad softer and better off the putter so I prefer the Precept to the Burner. I just bought a dozen Srixon AD333 to compare when I play a couple of rounds next week--stay tuned.
  • m_wm_w Gearhead Members Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭
    i like it a lot. good feel, decent spin and cheap. the only downside is that the durability is quite bad
  • ManagerArmstrongManagerArmstrong Members Posts: 47
    I wanted to like it so much but I did not. I used to play one of the older Precept MC series and loved it. I just was not impressed enough with its distance to overcome its shortcomings around the green when compared to the ball I play now (NXT Tour). I do like the IQ price however. Maybe the IQ just does not like my swing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file