Ping i210 vs JPX 900 Hot Metal

TaylormadegackTaylormadegack Members Posts: 60
I have narrowed my iron choice to i210 and JPX 900 HM. Hit them both well. Really wanted to like the i500s but too long and lack of spin scare me. Has anyone had much time with both of the i210 and 99 HM irons? Any pros vs cons when comparing these two?

Comments

• 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members Posts: 3,321 ✭✭
    I have owned the Hot metals and currently ping i200s. The HMs are the best looking and feeling GI clubs ever in my opinion. I dont love the matching GW to the set, and the long irons just weren't for me.

The i200s are more demanding, and slightly smaller and sleeker all around. The i200 is my ideal iron. Very forgiving for the package it presents.

What is your handicap? How is your ball striking? What shafts are you looking into?

These are all important questions
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • TaylormadegackTaylormadegack Members Posts: 60
    Don’t keep a Handicap just got back into golf looking for a club I can play into. Shooting mid/high 80s however 15 years ago with in the high 70s. Ball stricking is ho hum but getting better. I am 6’6 and have a pretty steep attack so I usually have no problem getting the ball in the air and distance is not an issue. I think the shafts I where demoing where the dynamic golds stiff. Thank you for your input.
  • presser34presser34 Members Posts: 464 ✭✭

Don't keep a Handicap just got back into golf looking for a club I can play into. Shooting mid/high 80s however 15 years ago with in the high 70s. Ball striking is ho hum but getting better. I am 6'6 and have a pretty steep attack so I usually have no problem getting the ball in the air and distance is not an issue. I think the shafts I where demoing where the dynamic golds stiff. Thank you for your input.

I have played the i200's for about 8 months now, I just purchased a set of hot metals on eBay I am an 18 handicap I am going to graphite Project X 4.5 shafts to see if I can get a little more clubhead speed and consistency. We'll find out
  • TaylormadegackTaylormadegack Members Posts: 60
    presser34 wrote:

Don't keep a Handicap just got back into golf looking for a club I can play into. Shooting mid/high 80s however 15 years ago with in the high 70s. Ball striking is ho hum but getting better. I am 6'6 and have a pretty steep attack so I usually have no problem getting the ball in the air and distance is not an issue. I think the shafts I where demoing where the dynamic golds stiff. Thank you for your input.

I have played the i200's for about 8 months now, I just purchased a set of hot metals on eBay I am an 18 handicap I am going to graphite Project X 4.5 shafts to see if I can get a little more clubhead speed and consistency. We'll find out

Sounds good please report back I would like your thoughts after some time with the HM’s! Thanks
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    G400s are a closer compare vs. HMs. i210s are nice and soft and just the right size for me. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw, gw Nippon 105R
    S18 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • presser34presser34 Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    presser34 wrote:

4 rounds with the HM's very happy very forgiving love the shaft, should have gone graphite with the i200's Hit the ball higher just as far as the i200's with power spec. Hope this helps
  • chilidip33chilidip33 Members Posts: 9
    I hit both and demoed. Both great irons but I think they serve 2 different purposes. The JPX 900 HM's are forgiving and long, but had a slightly harder feel to me. My yardage dispersion was around 10-15 yds which I didn't love. The pings I really liked due to the fact that they are exactly what they say, you get whatever you put into them. I think they are slightly less forgiving than the JPX HM, but very slight difference. Also the dispersion on them is amazing for me (yardage wise, Right to Left is up to you) and some other people i have talked to. The yardage consistency on them resembles a blade plus you get incredible forgiveness. I wouldn't worry about handicap, if you have been good enough to shoot in the 70's before your plenty good for these. Good luck
  • BadmeatBadmeat Members Posts: 65
    JPX 900 Hot Metal - game improvement iron

Ping i210 - players cavity iron

These are two very different irons, for two very different skill level of golfer. Depends what you're looking for and how your ball striking is.
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° - Aldila Tour Green X-65G
    Adams Speedline Super LS 15° 3w - Mitsu Fubuki AX65
    Nike VR-S Covert Tour 2.0 19° 3h - Mitsu Kuro Kage X-80g
    Mizuno JPX-919F 4-PW - KBS Tour X-130 (on order)
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52°, 56°, 60°
    Odyssey Metal-X Milled Versa #1
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Members Posts: 632 ✭✭
    The 900 are about to be replaced I believe, so you can get them quite cheap now. G400 are more similar to the HM as others have said
    Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Ping G 17.5° with Tour 80
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-UW
    Vokey SM7 56/14 and 60/10
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
    Titleist Pro V1x

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.