Caddytek vs Clicgear 3.5

wagsgtwagsgt Posts: 541 ✭✭
edited Aug 15, 2018 in Golf Bags/Carts/Headcovers #1
I recently got the $99 Caddytek from Costco. I've used for probably 15 rounds. It veers to the left even after alignment adjustment. Not the biggest deal just can't let it roll by itself down big hills. I had a 2.5 and it just felt more solid.

I still think it's a nice deal for the price but I can get a 3.5 for 180. Has anyone compared side by side or made the switch? Thanks

Comments

• e-mane-man Members Posts: 2,053 ✭✭
    I've compared and actually owned both and returned the clicgear and kept the caddytek. It's outstanding. I've had it for 3+ years, approximately 200 rounds and no issues.

As for it veering to the left, it's easy to adjust. It sounds like you tried to adjust it already. Make sure you fully loosen the nuts on the side before you turn the nut facing the front. You know which way to turn the nut, right? As you're facing the cart, you turn the nut in the direction of the way the cart is veering.
  • SkiSchoolProSkiSchoolPro Members Posts: 623
    I got the one from Costco about a month or so ago. Works great and seems to go straight. Only issue I've had is that the suspension cable came undone on one side. Mixed success duck taping it back.
    Golfing when I can.
  • e-mane-man Members Posts: 2,053 ✭✭
    Hmmm, how did that happen?

The one thing I will say is that the caddytek is very easy to open and close. I believe the clic gear requires a few more steps. I'm sure you would get used to that though.
  • Harry PutterHarry Putter Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Caddytek has been great for me. I've never used a Clicgear, but the Caddytek isn't doing anything that would make me look elsewhere.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR16 Pro Driver[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F8 5 Wood[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra King F7 3 Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly-Z+ 4-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 56, 60[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING Sigma G Kushin and/or Cleveland HB #8[/font]
  • wagsgtwagsgt Posts: 541 ✭✭
    Well Im going to return this one to Costco and try another.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,961 ClubWRX
    I'm super happy with my Clicgear 3.5+... I had a smaller CaddyTek a couple years ago and it was ok, but there were obvious quality differences between it and the Clicgear... it did the job but the Clicgear is like a tank and I love the add ons you can get for it. If I ever need to replace this, it will be with another Clicgear, no doubt.
    Mizuno ST190G Atmos black TS 9*
    Mizuno ST180 Tensei blue 15*
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • Harry PutterHarry Putter Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Nixhex524 wrote:

I'm super happy with my Clicgear 3.5+... I had a smaller CaddyTek a couple years ago and it was ok, but there were obvious quality differences between it and the Clicgear... it did the job but the Clicgear is like a tank and I love the add ons you can get for it. If I ever need to replace this, it will be with another Clicgear, no doubt.

Interesting input on the quality. I'm curious to see how long my Caddytek lasts, especially since I've been storing it in the trunk all summer.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR16 Pro Driver[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F8 5 Wood[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra King F7 3 Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly-Z+ 4-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 56, 60[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING Sigma G Kushin and/or Cleveland HB #8[/font]
  • tropicstropics Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Was pondering the same question and noticed a post on another thread about Clicgear reconditioned.

You have to call them, $169 shipped and you DO get to select color, despite what previous posts said.

As of today they had charcoal orange, and i picked up an arctic white.
  • tropicstropics Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Clicgear arrived and it is perfect - would not have known it is a refurb.