MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

Comments

• ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DCPosts: 1,673 ✭✭
    eagle1997 wrote:

FAbb wrote:

I want to do this somewhere this winter.

You'd likely have to get special permission from someone at the course, on a slow day, mid-week when no one else is dumb enough to be out there. Private is your best bet as well.

I wonder if you know anyone like that at a course like that...

We don't want those peasants at our course!!1!11!!
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
  • baddomesbaddomes Posts: 5,573 ✭✭
    SullGolf wrote:

I found the Falls Road pic. They do have one "mando" hole like City mentioned. For the 7th hole, they make you hit a shot across a line they draw on the fairway.

FHMVqcK.jpg

This looks awesome. It's sold out this year (December 14th), but I would definitely be up for it next year. 6-man scramble.
  • Kent01puttKent01putt BaltimoreMembers Posts: 1,790 ✭✭
    It is fun and you use both inside and outside holes You will have to hit over, around trees most holes are - - 5s in length It is fun and the winner will make a coule of 4s
  • top.htop.h Members Posts: 499 ✭✭
    I like the idea of a route from PB #9 green to PB#10 green. I'm pretty sure multiple cars, and multiple buildings can be damaged depending on the route you decide to take.
  • Ogre41Ogre41 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭
    FAbb wrote:
    I'm in favor of any golf event that requires everybody to wear helmets.

Can I wear a goalie mask in lieu of a helmet?
    Cobra Bio Cell Slime Green (currently has a Black Tie 80s in it, that may be a poor choice)
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff
    Nike Pro Combo 20 or Ladies Bio Cell 3 Iron with stock Graphite Stiff
    Cobra Bio Cell 4-PW Stock Graphite S
    TM ATV 54
    Cally Sureout 58
    Odyseey 2 Ball or Odyssey Versa White #1 Wide
    Titleist Velocity or DT Trusoft
  • dsc123dsc123 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Ogre41 wrote:
    FAbb wrote:
    I'm in favor of any golf event that requires everybody to wear helmets.

Can I wear a goalie mask in lieu of a helmet?
    Yes. Absolutely yes.
    Cobra Bio Cell Slime Green (currently has a Black Tie 80s in it, that may be a poor choice)
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff
    TM ATV 54
    Cally Sureout 58
    I can’t make it a gif. But it’s a thumbs up.
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff
    TM ATV 54
    Cally Sureout 58
  • HighBoomingDrawsHighBoomingDraws Flagnostic All 2019 Members Posts: 994 ✭✭
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #6700
    Ogre41 wrote:

I struggled with the same for a while. Go to a gif site and chose the copy link option. Then put the link in between the following comp sci jargon from your keyboard.

[,IMG][/IMG,] (just delete the commas)

Watching replay of first round of South African Open. Listening to these jolly old Euro Tour announcers marvel over the elevation and wind aided distances is highly entertaining.
    TaylorMade M4 D-Type 10.5* W/ Tensei Blue 60 X-Stiff
    TaylorMade M4 3W 15*
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro Hybrid 20*
    Callaway Apex Pro PX 6.0 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 50*/54*/60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    Whatever The Cheapest Tour Urethane Is On The Internet
  • endlesswintercoendlesswinterco Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    For this Nike guys, who always wanted the bulletproof vest/jacket look, Head to Nordstrom Rack in Columbia. They have both at a really good price. Aeroloft.
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members Posts: 8,746 ✭✭

Ogre41 wrote:

I struggled with the same for a while. Go to a gif site and chose the copy link option. Then put the link in between the following comp sci jargon from your keyboard.

Watching replay of first round of South African Open. Listening to these jolly old Euro Tour announcers marvel over the elevation and wind aided distances is highly entertaining.

I think "comp sci jargon" is how great grandpas are going to deride things to their nursing home mates in another 35 years.

That robot just injected me with some modified DNA juice using some comp sci jargon!
    SullGolf wrote:

Ogre41 wrote:

I think "comp sci jargon" is how great grandpas are going to deride things to their nursing home mates in another 35 years.

That robot just injected me with some modified DNA juice using some comp sci jargon!

I’m chuckling and have no idea what you mean simultaneously
    TaylorMade M4 3W 15*
    Titleist SM7 50*/54*/60*
  • Gmen1204Gmen1204 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭
    Ogre41 wrote:

FTFY
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members Posts: 15,066 ✭✭
    Pretty cool review from the Fried Egg of a Seth Raynor track outside Chicago.

Sidenote : it can't be overstated what the drone has done for golf course photography. Well, maybe it can. They're all basically the same shot. But they are informative, and when someone gets the light right, they're pretty also.

you know what feature doesn't get talked about much but also drives me nuts (in a good way) is when a fairway just falls off abruptly to rough, like the right side of 5 at Little Bennett. underrated difficulty adder while keeping a ball playable.

10th-hole-copy.jpg
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Sauce : tour
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-PW

Vokey 50º illegal grooves
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º
    Bobby Grace Amazing Grace

Oncore Elixir
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,530 mod
    When my wife was considering jobs in Charleston I started looking at private options down there and there are two amazing Reynor designs that are just stunning to look at. Yeamans Hall has some old school greens, a lot of them with squared corners. Stuff that you just know would never get approved to be built on a new course in 2018.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
    dcmidnight wrote:

When my wife was considering jobs in Charleston I started looking at private options down there and there are two amazing Reynor designs that are just stunning to look at. Yeamans Hall has some old school greens, a lot of them with squared corners. Stuff that you just know would never get approved to be built on a new course in 2018.
    He also says how SOME people don't like the routing because it doesn't use the lake, but that he knew the best layout was inland because of the ravine.

Also something that wouldn't happen today.
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid

Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º

Oncore Elixir
    So it looks like the snow stays south of us but we're going into one of those 7 day periods of wind chills at or below freezing the whole time. Cant wait to get in next week and test out the Mevo.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • FAbbFAbb Members Posts: 15,805 ✭✭
    #DCWeatherReportWRX

2oegkm.jpg
    Yeamans Hall reminds me of Elkridge in Balto. I think it is not cheap to join either. Square greens, Redans and very square tee boxes.
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members Posts: 8,746 ✭✭

dcmidnight wrote:

He also says how SOME people don't like the routing because it doesn't use the lake, but that he knew the best layout was inland because of the ravine.

There are a couple of courses near here that I feel do that. At Potomac Shores, you never see the Potomac's shore. Lansdowne has plenty of holes that front the river, but the view is entirely blocked out by trees. I assume in both cases it's some sort of environmental restriction by the state, not a design choice.
    SullGolf wrote:

There are a couple of courses near here that I feel do that. At Potomac Shores, you never see the Potomac's shore. Lansdowne has plenty of holes that front the river, but the view is entirely blocked out by trees. I assume in both cases it's some sort of environmental restriction by the state, not a design choice.

Even if you cut down all the trees, PoSho really only has a couple holes that are even near the water - the rest are all inland.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
    Unfortunately we have the same issue at SPCC. The water views need to be improved. That should happen with the new redesign. Getting holes closer to the water is a problem with restrictions but cutting trees down will happen to clear site lines.
    Queenstown doesn't really use the Bay at all. It's sort of there on a couple holes, but I'm always disappointed when i'm there because I want more Bay.

I'm not #teamQueenstown
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid

Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º

Oncore Elixir
    I've only played the Queenstown Harbor River Course once. Will not bang again.
    The one hole you can see the river on it get like a wind tunnel between the trees. Queenstown is almost always open when it snows here. I go there to play in the winter and it is cold wind.
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DCPosts: 1,673 ✭✭
    SullGolf wrote:

dcmidnight wrote:

I've logged about 50 rounds total at both courses at Lansdowne. You're right, there's not much of a view of the river unless you're peaking through the trees. But a lot of times, the river can come to you. Just the mere thought of rain raises the Potomac river to flood the courses with entire holes under a couple feet of water.
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
    I cant think of any really great courses on the water in the area where you can actually see a lot of the water.

The Country Club at Haines Point comes closest.

Swan Point maybe the most underrated but while that three or four hole stretch is amazing - thats it. Bonus points for hitting Captain Johns Crab Shack after golf though.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • Gmen1204Gmen1204 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭
    Rocky Point has a couple water view holes.
    Lake woodmore is a beautiful, significant body of water.
    TaylorMade M4 3W 15*
    Titleist SM7 50*/54*/60*
    dcmidnight wrote:

I cant think of any really great courses on the water in the area where you can actually see a lot of the water.

jones-robert-trent-golf-club-squarelogo.png