MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

1541542544546547741
741

Comments

  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members  1881WRX Points: 596Posts: 1,881 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16292

    On -, @willboyrd said:

    On -, @gsrjc said:

    Have folks changed their grip instead of their putters to see what has happened? I went left hand low and it made my putting stroke much better and more consistent.

    Yeah, I have been experimenting with a claw/pencil hybrid grip that past few weeks. Certainly hasn't had any effect on my total putt numbers but that stat is almost useless anyways.

    I will say what also helped was doing aimpoint express.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • aiyyeraiyyer Members  1963WRX Points: 974Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16293

    Putting is a necessary evil in golf. The quote below summarizes my attitude about putting
    “Half of golf is fun; the other half is putting.”
    Ask Adam Scott.

    Posted:
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members  9212WRX Points: 1,590Posts: 9,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16296

    For me, the biggest putter thing is alignment. I generally don't care about mallet vs blade, how heavy/light, what sound it makes, the shaft bend, etc. But when you line up you have to be comfortable that where you are pointed is where you want to be pointed, and that it LOOKS like where you want to be pointed. That your putter helps you see the line you want to be on. For me everything else is secondary. And it's SO easy to get comfortable with an alignment that is really wrong. You can putt okay like that because your mind adjusts, but you can't put great like that.

    Even when you have the right putter for you, this is something that you have to be vigilant about. It's easy for you to drift over time and end up in a bad spot without realizing it. That's when new putters can have a honeymoon period I think. It shocks your system in to changing how you line it up, but eventually you get comfortable and complacent and are lined up all wrong.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members  1881WRX Points: 596Posts: 1,881 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16298

    On -, @Ocgolfrick said:

    I'm excited for the new wrinkle at the Sevens where the losing team has to buy Girl Scout Cookies for the winning team.

    Dude. That is an awesome idea.

    Posted:
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1175WRX Points: 262Posts: 1,175 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16299

    On -, @SullGolf said:

    For me, the biggest putter thing is alignment. I generally don't care about mallet vs blade, how heavy/light, what sound it makes, the shaft bend, etc. But when you line up you have to be comfortable that where you are pointed is where you want to be pointed, and that it LOOKS like where you want to be pointed. That your putter helps you see the line you want to be on. For me everything else is secondary. And it's SO easy to get comfortable with an alignment that is really wrong. You can putt okay like that because your mind adjusts, but you can't put great like that.

    Even when you have the right putter for you, this is something that you have to be vigilant about. It's easy for you to drift over time and end up in a bad spot without realizing it. That's when new putters can have a honeymoon period I think. It shocks your system in to changing how you line it up, but eventually you get comfortable and complacent and are lined up all wrong.

    And Sully doesn't want to just be ok, he wants to be GREAT!!!

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Blackout Pingman grip

  • aiyyeraiyyer Members  1963WRX Points: 974Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16301

    I played a scramble event on Monday at Woodmore and one of the guys on my team was a four handicap 76-year-old dude. This guy made everything with an awful stroke and it was amazing to watch. On the par 3, 12th hole with the pin all the way at the top left-hand corner he pronounced his read to be 32 inches left and made the goddamn putt. From the other end of the green.
    Made you shrivel up

    Posted:
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members  9212WRX Points: 1,590Posts: 9,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16302

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @Ocgolfrick said:

    I'm excited for the new wrinkle at the Sevens where the losing team has to buy Girl Scout Cookies for the winning team.

    The wrinkle is that Fabb has to play with seven putters.

    That would be awesome. A week out, announce the twist is that everyone has to bring every putter and every driver they own, and put all of those in their bag before they are allowed to choose other clubs. It might bankrupt 2nd Swing as we all race there to sell our stuff at once.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1175WRX Points: 262Posts: 1,175 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16303

    On -, @SullGolf said:

    On -, @dcmidnight said:

    On -, @Ocgolfrick said:

    I'm excited for the new wrinkle at the Sevens where the losing team has to buy Girl Scout Cookies for the winning team.

    The wrinkle is that Fabb has to play with seven putters.

    That would be awesome. A week out, announce the twist is that everyone has to bring every putter and every driver they own, and put all of those in their bag before they are allowed to choose other clubs. It might bankrupt 2nd Swing as we all race there to sell our stuff at once.

    I am now uniquely built for this challenge.

    On second thought, I'm fearful FAbb would still whoop me with a ball full of 7 drivers and 7 putters (or any combination of drivers/putters).

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Blackout Pingman grip

  • PuppetmasterPuppetmaster Members  15055WRX Points: 460Posts: 15,055 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16304

    On -, @Ocgolfrick said:

    I'm excited for the new wrinkle at the Sevens where the losing team has to buy Girl Scout Cookies for the winning team.

    I'm surprised it wasn't chicken sandwiches...

    Posted:
    WITB Link

    Cobra King Ltd 8.5*, Speeder TS 6.2
    Callaway Steelhead 4+, Diamana Kai'li
    Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
    Cobra Fly Z+, KBS Tour 
    Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
  • thechief16thechief16 Hits it left and left of left Members  2668WRX Points: 621Posts: 2,668 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16306

    On -, @Puppetmaster said:

    On -, @Ocgolfrick said:

    I'm excited for the new wrinkle at the Sevens where the losing team has to buy Girl Scout Cookies for the winning team.

    I'm surprised it wasn't chicken sandwiches...

    Posted:
    M5
    Steelhead
    Baffler
    Apex Pro Smoke '19
    SM7 50*, 56*, 60*
    Futura 5W
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members  9212WRX Points: 1,590Posts: 9,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16307

    The Hive's testing policy is officially undisclosed so that you can't get around it. You never knew when it will get you.

    I noticed it last weekend: there is a dispensary about 2 minutes from Worthington Manor. When you get off 270 and go around the traffic circle, it's directly on your left before you make that sweeping right turn. It use to be a construction supply store or something. Now you don't have to make the extra stop in Rockville before the CC.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1175WRX Points: 262Posts: 1,175 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16308

    On -, @SullGolf said:

    The Hive's testing policy is officially undisclosed so that you can't get around it. You never knew when it will get you.

    I noticed it last weekend: there is a dispensary about 2 minutes from Worthington Manor. When you get off 270 and go around the traffic circle, it's directly on your left before you make that sweeping right turn. It use to be a construction supply store or something. Now you don't have to make the extra stop in Rockville before the CC.

    When that building was vacant, I always thought it'd be a perfect place for a coffee shop, cafe, starbucks, panera, etc since it gets so much drive by traffic. Now everyone just puff, puff, passes on by.

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Blackout Pingman grip

  • aiyyeraiyyer Members  1963WRX Points: 974Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16309

    On -, @SullGolf said:

    The Hive's testing policy is officially undisclosed so that you can't get around it. You never knew when it will get you.

    I noticed it last weekend: there is a dispensary about 2 minutes from Worthington Manor. When you get off 270 and go around the traffic circle, it's directly on your left before you make that sweeping right turn. It use to be a construction supply store or something. Now you don't have to make the extra stop in Rockville before the CC.

    Did you hit that dispensary after the front nine - you were a different guy in the back?
    Also late for the BBQ place later.
    Always doubt the establishment.

    Posted:
  • aiyyeraiyyer Members  1963WRX Points: 974Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16310

    Urban BBQ has .75 wings Thursday after 4 - I was there for the kids

    Posted:
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1175WRX Points: 262Posts: 1,175 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16311

    On -, @aiyyer said:

    Urban BBQ has .75 wings Thursday after 4 - I was there for the kids

    75 cents per wing qualifies as a special nowadays?? Inflation is a b

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Blackout Pingman grip

  • aiyyeraiyyer Members  1963WRX Points: 974Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16312

    Otherwise it’s $1.50. 16 year old can eat 12 by himself.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members  16558WRX Points: 3,856Handicap: 2ishPosts: 16,558 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16313

    On -, @willboyrd said:

    On -, @aiyyer said:

    Urban BBQ has .75 wings Thursday after 4 - I was there for the kids

    75 cents per wing qualifies as a special nowadays?? Inflation is a b

    When I was in college there was a place that did 10 cent wing nights. We'd go with like 4 people and get 100 wings. By 2000, wing nights were 25 cents.

    Last night I hit a wing special near the jersey shore... 54 cent wings. I had the 4 alarm. Meh on the heat. But it was 35 bucks for 20 wings, fries, 3 beers (that's 2 people). Old school divey joint.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Strong torso
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine
    Oncore Elixir
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members  16558WRX Points: 3,856Handicap: 2ishPosts: 16,558 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16314

    Some movie talk Friday. . .just saw this early review on twitter. . .

    Nice. I've been looking forward to that all year.

    You know what looks surprisingly goof. . .it's gotten good reviews and I've seen a couple trailers for it. . .Hustlers. It's got J.Lo in it and it's about all these strippers that rip off Wall Street guys. J.Lo is supposed to be good in it. It has a Lizzo and Cardi B in it (Gregh, "who?'"). Happy they're cashing in on their 15 minutes. I've also found j.lo remarkably **** for like 30 years now, so there's that.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Strong torso
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine
    Oncore Elixir
  • willboyrdwillboyrd Members  1175WRX Points: 262Posts: 1,175 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16315

    On -, @TheCityGame said:

    On -, @willboyrd said:

    On -, @aiyyer said:

    Urban BBQ has .75 wings Thursday after 4 - I was there for the kids

    75 cents per wing qualifies as a special nowadays?? Inflation is a b

    When I was in college there was a place that did 10 cent wing nights. We'd go with like 4 people and get 100 wings. By 2000, wing nights were 25 cents.

    Last night I hit a wing special near the jersey shore... 54 cent wings. I had the 4 alarm. Meh on the heat. But it was 35 bucks for 20 wings, fries, 3 beers (that's 2 people). Old school divey joint.

    Same on the 10 cent wing night. Used to go in high school and a dozen wings was less than the Sprite you ordered lol

    Posted:
    G410 12* Tensei Pro Orange 60S
    Epic Flash SZ 15* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Epic Flash SZ 18* (weight in back) Tensei AV Blue 70S
    Rogue 21* 4h Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Rogue Pro 5-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
    CBX2 50, 56(bent to 55) DG TI S400
    CBX Full Face 60 DG TI S400
    Fastback 2 33'' Blackout Pingman grip

  • 2moreTerps2moreTerps Members  1615WRX Points: 439Posts: 1,615 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16316

    when i was in college there was a place that did 50 cent rail drinks. that was a MESS

    Posted:
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members  16558WRX Points: 3,856Handicap: 2ishPosts: 16,558 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16317

    Solheim cup is this weekend. US went down this morning. Gleneagles. Great looking course.

    Bronte Law is fighting with her caddie right now. It's great. I don't know who she is, but she's playing with Ciganda, who I like. They're playing Korda and Thompson.

    Kang is playing with Salas. USA pants are great.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Strong torso
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine
    Oncore Elixir
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13036WRX Points: 2,707Handicap: 7.2Posts: 13,036 Marshals
    Joined:  #16318

    So City and I are close to the same age and 10 cent wing nights were the norm back in school. There were places around Lancaster that did them a few nights a week so you could pretty much always find 10 cent wings and occassionally $1 pitchers. Bit of a shock to the system to move to NoVa in '96 and find that an appetizer of 8 wings was $5 or so. Gross.

    Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s / 4h Ventus S
    SIM 4i Ventus S  / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Toulon Austin 35" / TM TP5x Pix
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13036WRX Points: 2,707Handicap: 7.2Posts: 13,036 Marshals
    Joined:  #16319

    Bought an old Ping BeCu Anser 4 that should be here tomorrow, probalby the lowest $ I've ever paid for a putter.

    Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s / 4h Ventus S
    SIM 4i Ventus S  / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Toulon Austin 35" / TM TP5x Pix
  • 2moreTerps2moreTerps Members  1615WRX Points: 439Posts: 1,615 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16320

    i watched some solheim cup this AM. It was windy and cold and the golf was NOT good. I'll be surprised if the US can win

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members  9212WRX Points: 1,590Posts: 9,212 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16321

    Solheim Cup? You mean you aren't watching the season opener of the 2019-2020 PGA Tour wrap around season?

    This won't happen because sponsors are obviously putting up big money/purses for it, but they should kill every event after the Tour Championship and before the Hawaii swing. I have zero interest in watching "normal" professional golf for the next few months. Give every 3-4 months off. It's absurd that the "off season" lasts two weekends.

    Posted:
741

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.