2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Squeeze Water Bottle?

Not as exciting as most posts, but my big gatorade squeeze bottle cracked and I want to buy another one, however, my main complaint about this bottle is that it didn't fit in the majority of cup holders on the carts I ride. Here's the bottle:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LZSJ642?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=X8B0NH3HAN33QZYXJ0D9

I like the 32oz size, so I'm looking for another one which would fit in all carts. They do sell a 20 oz which probably fits, but I want the larger size. So my criteria would be:

1) 32oz (or larger)

2) Squeeze bottle

3) fits in cart

I guess I could get away without #2, but I do like that feature.

Anybody use anything, or have any other solutions?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget plastic of any kind, and get a Yeti 30 oz. tumbler. The base fits great in the cup holder of a golf cart, and you can get a lid with a slider that keeps it from spilling as well.

Then, take a Solo cup, fill it 3/4's full of water and put it in the freezer. The resulting block of ice fits EXACTLY into the Yeti cup, and you'll have ice all day regardless of the temperature. You can thank me later.

BTW, there may be posts upcoming that propose knock-offs instead of the Yeti brand; ignore them. I've tried a couple of the knock-offs, and they're good but they ain't Yeti. There are a LOT of brand names where you are paying for the name instead of performance; with Yeti, you're getting the performance.

Another note; the second best thing about a Yeti cup is that they don't sweat and leave rings on the furniture in your house. After you get this thing, you can throw away a bunch of plastic tumblers that are eating up space in your kitchen cabinets; your wife will thank you twice.

I have a great thermal bottle which works fine, however I don't like metal AT ALL, especially if I add a little lemonade to the drink. I'm also not concerned about keeping the liquid cold, as I drink a ton of water, and doesn't have a chance to warm up. I do like the size of the one you recommend, however.

Forget it plastic of any kind, and get a Yeti 30 oz. tumbler. The base fits great in the cup holder of a golf cart, and you can get a lid with a slider that keeps it from spilling as well.

Then, take a Solo cup, fill it 3/4's full of water and put it in the freezer. The resulting block of ice fits EXACTLY into the Yeti cup, and you'll have ice all day regardless of the temperature. You can thank me later.

BTW, there may be posts upcoming that propose knock-offs instead of the Yeti brand; ignore them. I've tried a couple of the knock-offs, and they're good but they ain't Yeti. There are a LOT of brand names where you are paying for the name instead of performance; with Yeti, you're getting the performance.

Another note; the second best thing about a Yeti cup is that they don't sweat and leave rings on the furniture in your house. After you get this thing, you can throw away a bunch of plastic tumblers that are eating up space in your kitchen cabinets; your wife will thank you twice.

I'll be the first I guess. I have a Yeti tumbler and several "knock-off" tumblers and have always found them to be virtually identical in everything but price. It's just a brand. I'm drinking coffee from a Yeti mug right now. It's great. But it's not better than the one I can get as Wal-Mart.

I'll second the Yeti tumbler. I walk almost all of my rounds... But when I do I keep water in my Yeti in my bag and a Squirt bottle in my push cart. That way I always have water right there and have more waiting and cold if my squirt bottle runs out before I get to more water.

@huddledtoast... On hot summer days I'll often drink 8 or more 32 ounce bottles of water during a round. There often isn't enough water out on the course to keep my bottles full.

Forget it plastic of any kind, and get a Yeti 30 oz. tumbler. The base fits great in the cup holder of a golf cart, and you can get a lid with a slider that keeps it from spilling as well.

https://gogreentravelgreen.com/review-yeti-tumbler-vs-ozark-trail-better-value/

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I use a 64oz YETI rambler and just put it in the basket behind me in the cart. Its been a big win for me when courses don't have a bunch of water coolers out on the course. Keeps ice cold for more than a day for sure. Not squeezable I know, but just throwin it out there to try. I found mine at TJ MAXX for $25

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

I'll second the Yeti tumbler. I walk almost all of my rounds... But when I do I keep water in my Yeti in my bag and a Squirt bottle in my push cart. That way I always have water right there and have more waiting and cold if my squirt bottle runs out before I get to more water.

@huddledtoast... On hot summer days I'll often drink 8 or more 32 ounce bottles of water during a round. There often isn't enough water out on the course to keep my bottles full.

8 32oz bottles a water per round? That's two gallons! I'd never be able to get a swing in with all the "pit stops".

If you're riding in a cart why not just bring a little soft cooler and toss it in the basket. That's what I do, and I put ice packs in it and either some bottled waters or other beverages in there.

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

Yeti's are awesome, and well worth the money. The 36oz rambler I have goes everywhere with me.

I would suggest getting a straw lid or the chug lid. Walking and drinking with the wide mouth is kind of a pain.

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Nike VR Pro Ltd 15* | Fujikura Ventus Black 7x

Taylormade Sim Max 18* | Mitsubishi Tensei  Pro Blue 80tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Camlbak podium big chill is a good bottle. Not 32oz, but a good bottle nonetheless.

Sidebar - what on earth do you need 32oz for? No halfway house or cart girl where you play?

This is what I have as well and think it's great. Fits in the beverage holder on my push cart. I usually ask to get it filled with ice water again on the turn.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Camlbak podium big chill is a good bottle. Not 32oz, but a good bottle nonetheless.

Sidebar - what on earth do you need 32oz for? No halfway house or cart girl where you play?

This is what I have as well and think it's great. Fits in the beverage holder on my push cart. I usually ask to get it filled with ice water again on the turn.

Just ordered one of these. I was looking for something that would fit in the push cart or water bottle pocket on the carry bag. That looks like it will work perfect.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

While not 32oz, I'm liking this. At least it's not 16 oz. Thanks!

I guarantee you that if you walk 18 holes in the South in the summer, you can knock out 100+ ounces of fluid in a round with no problem. You can't drink it fast enough to stay hydrated and cool, and I think I last peed on Memorial Day. :)

While not 32oz, I'm liking this. At least it's not 16 oz. Thanks!

Luckily the courses I play still have water coolers filled with ice water and/or water fountains on the course so you can refill before the turn and midway through the back 9. Even in the Midwest on hot, humid days I'll refill 2-3x walking an 18 hole round.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

You didn’t hear this from me but i know a guy who knows a guy whos in the know and Taylormade is coming out with a new Squeeze Water Bottle called the M2o.

It has a carbon fiber bottom half and a milled sucker for maximum flow while reducing spill rate.

Custom hand/mouth fittings available.

[b]Driver: [/b][i]TBD[/i]
[b]Fairway:[/b] Taylormade Superfast 16.5*/Even Flow Blue
[b]Hybrid:[/b] Titleist 913H/Rogue Black
[b]Irons:[/b] Mizuno MP 59s
[b]Wedges:[/b] Titleist SM4 52/56/60
[b]Putter:[/b] [i]This area intentionally left blank [/i]

You didn’t hear this from me but i know a guy who knows a guy whos in the know and Taylormade is coming out with a new Squeeze Water Bottle called the M2o.

It has a carbon fiber bottom half and a milled sucker for maximum flow while reducing spill rate.

Custom hand/mouth fittings available.

Will there be a twist face mouth available at a later date for those who drink water through the corner of their mouth?

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Nike VR Pro Ltd 15* | Fujikura Ventus Black 7x

Taylormade Sim Max 18* | Mitsubishi Tensei  Pro Blue 80tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I'll be the first I guess. I have a Yeti tumbler and several "knock-off" tumblers and have always found them to be virtually identical in everything but price. It's just a brand. I'm drinking coffee from a Yeti mug right now. It's great. But it's not better than the one I can get as Wal-Mart.

Agreed, many have ran test side by side with Yeti,Hydro flask and ozark trail and they are all the same

Epic Flash 10.5 Evenflow 6.0
Epic Flash 3 Wood Evenflow 6.0
Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland CBX 54 58
Cleveland Huntington Beach 11c

Agreed, many have ran test side by side with Yeti,Hydro flask and ozark trail and they are all the same

Ozark Trail is the best of the rest, probably RTIC behind that, and they'll do fine in moderate temps. But they ain't Yetis. Think what you will about that.

Ozark Trail is the best of the rest, probably RTIC behind that, and they'll do fine in moderate temps. But they ain't Yetis. Think what you will about that.

https://gogreentravelgreen.com/review-yeti-tumbler-vs-ozark-trail-better-value/

Epic Flash 10.5 Evenflow 6.0
Epic Flash 3 Wood Evenflow 6.0
Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland CBX 54 58
Cleveland Huntington Beach 11c

I'm a big fan of Hydro Flask. Expensive but I have ice cold water no matter the temperature. I was in Yuma on the Colorado river in 110 degree heat last week and my wife and I shared a 32oz size with ice + sparkling water + vodka. After a couple hours there was still ice in it. The 24oz fits perfectly into my Ping Hoofer Lite's beverage holder. 24oz usually lasts me at least 9 holes and I just top it off as needed.

I've got a no-brand, insulated metal bottle (a give away from my employer). It's painted jet black, so the outside gets extremely hot if it's sitting in the sun. Even so, the inside contents stay ice cold - as in many hours where there's still ice cubes rattling around inside the water. I use this bottle routinely out on hot asphalt tennis courts in full sun. The thing gets a lot of physical abuse, too, yet it's still going strong in the several years I've had it.

( I'll call the use of black paint a design defect because it's just too hot to hold sometimes, but the liquid inside is always cold.)

Thank you for posting this. We had 90 degree temps last Sat and walking I went through 3 - 40 ounce bottles. Was thinking I was extra strange...and part camel.

Not squeeze, really basic and cheap, but plastic: https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/us/camping/eating-outdoors/bottles/023561-bpa-free-bottle-plain-1l-p13375.aspx/cobalt/

Like you, I don't like metal water bottles, especially as I use a carabiner with my 4UP Stadry bag.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

8 32oz bottles a water per round? That's two gallons! I'd never be able to get a swing in with all the "pit stops".

I sweat A LOT. Walking 5 miles over a four hour period when the heat index is upper 90s or higher? Absolutely will drink 4 bottles a side.