Best Golf Shop You've Visited

Comments

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    Royal Hawaiian Golf Shop in Waikiki

Expensive yes but they carry PXG, Club Cameron, etc which you can’t get anywhere except online

Agreed. They carry a lot of JDM clothing too. At almost reasonable prices. And quite often, they have Cameron CT items. Last time I was there, they had the holiday edition red OG Futura putter still brand new. Don’t know how it got there, but I saw it in 2013 and it had to come out nearly 10 years before that.

Roots & Relics downtown was a diamond in the rough. That shop was unbelievable. Look it up online and check out the pictures. They had more JDM clubs than I’ve seen anywhere ever. Some hit only once or for only a round. And stuff there was priced cheap!
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • IH823PUTTIH823PUTT Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Fore Golfer's Only in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada. Real hole in the wall, but that's what makes the search so great!

Their annual sale people drive from all over for. Check it out sometime if in the area.
    WITB:
    Cobra F9 8* w/ TBD
    Titleist F3.05 w/ Pro95, X
    Fourteen Proto 2i w/ DG X100
    Mizuno MP-18 FLI-HI 3 W/ Nippon Modus 125, X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MP-18 MB 7-PW
    Don White Custom 52* & 58* w/ DG AMT T.I., S400
    Bettinardi BB34 Tour Stock w/ Tungsten Weights

WITB Link
  • Svang5Svang5 Members Posts: 606 ✭✭
    1. Roger dunn golf superstore santa ana, CA

2. Carls go land Michigan

3. Haggin oaks golf shop Sacramento, Ca
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ClubWRX
    Bobick's Golf, Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

Ask for Randy.

My father and I dealt with Bobicks in Ft Wayne for years when I was growing up. I have since moved and it’s been over 20 years since I have been there, but we use to deal with Tom, I think, and we have never been treated better anywhere. He would send us to their location with the driving range and we could hit whatever we wanted before we bought it. He was a great guy and back then it was easy to trade clubs. Great memories, great store and great employee, wish I could remember his name.
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 737 ✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2018 #66
    For on-course shops, TPC Sawgrass. Not exactly a bargain hunter's paradise, of course, but it's amazing to see just how many items can have a logo put on them. Plenty of high-end stuff that I'd never buy, but just cool to see. And some items I've never seen anywhere else, like FootJoy baby shoes, basically pink or blue saddle golf-like shoes. Every time I went in there, I bought out their stock and for years gave them as gifts to friends with newborns.

At the holidays, at least when I lived down there, they ran a pretty good sale where you'd draw a numbered ornament at the cash register and your purchase would be 20 pct off, 50 pct off or free. One year I drew a 50 pct, alas I only had a couple boxes of balls in my hand at the time.
  • JumboJackJumboJack Members Posts: 857
    Santa Ana Roger Dunn.
    TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
    Ping G400 14.5 Alta CB S
    Ping Anser 17* 23* Kuro Kage 80H S
    PING i200 5-PW Modus3 105 S
    PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
    PING Craz-e h Vault 2.0
    NDMC Plus 4
    ProV1x
  • bhazelri33bhazelri33 San Diego. CAMembers Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Its no longer in business but Brass Tee in Escondido CA was awesome. Super small store but it was crammed full of golf equipment and could always find some good deals.
  • daveltbdaveltb Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    It's closed now but the PGA Tour Stop shop at the World Golf Village was full of very unique items from many different OEM's. Spent hours just looking.
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,179 ✭✭
    The best golf shop I was ever in was Chuck Brown's that was on Somerset St. W. in Ottawa. It ended up closing down but it had a pretty good selection, made good deals and allowed you to pay a deposit and take a set of clubs out for a trial round. People working there were friendly and knowledgeable without being pushy.
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • ShallowfaceShallowface Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Another great one is The Golf Guys in Bonita Springs, FL. Not only do they have a full selection of the latest and greatest, but they have one of the largest inventories of used gear I've ever seen under one roof. Owner Fran and his staff are always great to deal with, and the shop is always packed with customers. They are a textbook example of what the golf business can and should be.
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,145 ✭✭
    Miles of Golf in Fairfield, OH. They have a massive selection, great range and staff.
  • myspinonitmyspinonit Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭
    When we are down that way we always stop in at Jorgensen Golf in Mukilteo, WA. A very well-stocked shop for a mom and pop operation and they work hard to get that good fit. Active on trades.

A couple of years ago we bought a wedge there for my wife. Even though it was understood we were in transit and there was no time for regrips the wife of the operation did a thorough measurement for my wife so she could get the right size grips on her set when we got home.
    Ping G400 SFT Driver 12° Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 60
    Ping G400 SFT 3 wood 16° Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 60
    Ping Ping G 7 wood 20.5° Alta 65
    Ping G hybrids 22° & 26° Alta 70
    Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
    Vokey SM06: 50.08F, 54.08M, 58.08M Steelfiber i80
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5 CB 34”

• jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 737 ✭✭
    daveltb wrote:

It's closed now but the PGA Tour Stop shop at the World Golf Village was full of very unique items from many different OEM's. Spent hours just looking.

I loved that shop, living in downtown St. Augustine I went there all the time. A two-story shop! Apparently it closed because the rent was too high in that complex, which is mindblowing (if true). How do you not have major golf retailer there, of all places?
  • grant2145grant2145 Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    2nd Swing Minneapolis.
  • dardenpdxdardenpdx Members Posts: 89
    Kepler's in Walnut Creek, CA. It's the only place I trust in the SF Bay Area. The staff is knowledgeable, great selection of clubs, and they'll let you take demo clubs out to the course for a few days at a time.
    G30LST - X2Hot Pro 15 - Srixon H45 19/22 - Srixon 745 5-PW - Vokey SM6 50F, SM5 54F/58K - Odyssey Protype #5
  • WildcatGolferWildcatGolfer Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    manku wrote:

Brentwood CC in Los Angeles. They sell everything at a deep discount, including stuff like Scotty putters. 30-40 percent off.

Amazes me that more private clubs don't do this instead of charging their members full, or close to full, retail.

Roger Dunn in West LA is my go to shop. Remarkable how many people shop there who are private club members.

The West LA RD is my go to store too. I get a decent amount of clubwork done there and am always amazed at the really high end stuff I see in their shop. It is in a very affluent neighborhood with no real competition. Last time I was there the guy in front of me in line bought an entire bag of Honma for him and his wife. Was quite the spend.
    Shovels
    Rakes
    2x4s
    Baseball Bat
  • blazman11blazman11 Members Posts: 452 ✭✭
    Tommyj wrote:

I used to love Springbrook Golf in Elma, just south of Buffalo, drove down there from Toronto before we got Golftown as they had all the latest clubs and an outdoor range - I'm talking late 80's to mid 90's. They're long gone, probably killed by big box stores and online retailers. Now my vote goes to Carls Golfland, outdoor range and all the demo clubs you'd want to hit, even full demo sets of PXG and Miura.

Yes!!! Spring brook was the first store that popped in my head. I grew up in Depew and began golfing when I was 17 around ‘91. My parents bought me a cheap starter set at the time while my buddy who was really good had a full set of Titleist clubs.

Anyways we used to go there all the time and I remember salivating upon looking at the huge TM metal drivers. As far as I knew it was the only stocked golf shop in the area and it took a few years for even a Dicks to appear. I had zero knowledge of clubs at the time and never bought anything there except for balls / tees I’m sure but I always looked forward to going.
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,450 ✭✭
    edited Oct 10, 2018 #79
    For unique stuff, both new and used, Roots and Relics in Honolulu. For just sheer volume and selection, Roger Dunn in Santa Ana. For any type of custom work, Continental Golf in Raleigh.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade R510tp TI 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Cleveland launcher DF tour 17* Fuji Rombax 8x07
    TEE CNC forged limited 3-pw DG tour concept 
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron '96 Laguna
  • BRS2014BRS2014 Respect the game Members Posts: 320
    Roger Dunn in Santa Ana... no contest
  • Katke87Katke87 Members Posts: 134 ✭✭

Another for Carl's Golfland, and Miles of Golf in Michigan

Ditto. Have never encountered any that are better
    Callaway GBB Epic driver, 13.5°Diamana M40, A flex
    Callaway Bertha 5 wood, 19°, Fubuki Z65, A flex
    King Cobra Baffler 4h (23°) & 5h (26°), Aldila NV-HL, A flex
    Titleist 718 AP1, 5-gap wedge, Tensei CK series, A flex
    Ping Glide 2.0, ES grind 56°/13°, Callaway 2017 PM Grind 60°/10°, KBS Tour-V, wedge flex
    All grips Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound
    Ping G5i Craz-E center-shafted putter
    Ping 4 Series bag
    Headcovers Stitch, Jan Craig
    Titleist Pro V1X
    Rovic & Clicgear push carts
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,173 ✭✭

As a lefty, the PGA Tour Superstore in Schaumburg IL.

That's good ( or bad) to know.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,173 ✭✭
    Nevada Bob's in Madison Wi. Always kind of a mess but a ton of inventory. Especially used.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Frisco KidFrisco Kid Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    For used clubs, I like Lou’s Golf in the north Dallas area...also like Dallas Golf as well.
    Ping G30 Driver Tour 65 R
    Ping G30 3 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping G30 5 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping I200 4-P Modus 105 R
    Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, 58SS CFS
    Ping G Sigma Tyne Putter
    Ping DLX Cart Bag
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347 ✭✭
    I will have to add another vote for Carl's Golfland in Michigan.

My second choice would be the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale.

Both stores have a ton of stuff.
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,450 ✭✭
    JHR wrote:

I will have to add another vote for Carl's Golfland in Michigan.

My second choice would be the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale.

Both stores have a ton of stuff.

Nice to see you back posting, hope things are well.👍
    Taylormade R510tp TI 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Cleveland launcher DF tour 17* Fuji Rombax 8x07
    TEE CNC forged limited 3-pw DG tour concept 
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron '96 Laguna
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭

manku wrote:

Brentwood CC in Los Angeles. They sell everything at a deep discount, including stuff like Scotty putters. 30-40 percent off.

Amazes me that more private clubs don't do this instead of charging their members full, or close to full, retail.

Roger Dunn in West LA is my go to shop. Remarkable how many people shop there who are private club members.

The West LA RD is my go to store too. I get a decent amount of clubwork done there and am always amazed at the really high end stuff I see in their shop. It is in a very affluent neighborhood with no real competition. Last time I was there the guy in front of me in line bought an entire bag of Honma for him and his wife. Was quite the spend.
    the Santa Ana RD has a full Honma fitting center .
  • SchoolboySchoolboy Members Posts: 288 ✭✭
    The pro shop @ Olde Stonewall in Ellwood City, PA is pretty awesome.
  • YMarkYMark Members Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
    This one.

Mark
    Havin fun in the AZ sun
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    YMark wrote:

This one.

Nice ! Few cool / quaint shops in the Town isn't there.....
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    RIFE Iconic Tour Vault 3 : Flow-Neck - 340g / 34.75"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/