Vault 2.0 Craz-E H Putter...WOW!!

Jaygolf37Jaygolf37 All Go. No Quit.Members Posts: 642 ✭✭
I went back...I had to go back. I purchased a Tyne a couple months ago to replace an O-Works 7s. But I saw that Vault 2.0 in all its stealthy glory there at Edwin Watts. I just didn’t like the price tag. Well...I went back.

Rolled it. Loved it. Left with it earlier this week. I’m quite aware of honeymoon periods with putters, but this one should be around for a long time. I love the finish. I love the slight toe-hang. I love the alignment. I love the balance. I love the feel.

I have never had a putter of this type. I’ve had putters that I directionally control well. I’ve had putters that I’ve controlled speed well with. I’ve never had a combo like this before, however.

Anyone else have one of these? Thoughts?

LTD Black w/ Rogue
BioCell 3W w/ Aldila Tour Green ATX65
BioCell 5W w/ Diamina Blueboard
PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
VOKEY Wedges
SCOTTY FB Heavy or Odyssey Black Tour Design #4
<a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/939707-coachs-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>
Tagged:

Comments

• Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

I went back...I had to go back. I purchased a Tyne a couple months ago to replace an O-Works 7s. But I saw that Vault 2.0 in all its stealthy glory there at Edwin Watts. I just didn’t like the price tag. Well...I went back.

Rolled it. Loved it. Left with it earlier this week. I’m quite aware of honeymoon periods with putters, but this one should be around for a long time. I love the finish. I love the slight toe-hang. I love the alignment. I love the balance. I love the feel.

I have never had a putter of this type. I’ve had putters that I directionally control well. I’ve had putters that I’ve controlled speed well with. I’ve never had a combo like this before, however.

Anyone else have one of these? Thoughts?

I had one on order but I changed it when I found out that I could get the Dale Anser with no sight line. Naturally though, I will probably pick up one of these. No retailer near me has this stocked but I am very intrigued and really want to give it a roll.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • sleezytsleezyt Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    Wonder if you can order one of these without a sight line?!! Cant wait to try one. Loved the zb stealth i tried before.
  • JumboJackJumboJack Members Posts: 857
    Totally agree. I have had a Crazy-e H for ever. Always wanted one without a soft insert. Love, love LOVE my Vault 2.0.

Extended mine 2" and added a CB60 Ping grip.
    TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
    Ping G400 14.5 Alta CB S
    Ping Anser 17* 23* Kuro Kage 80H S
    PING i200 5-PW Modus3 105 S
    PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
    PING Craz-e h Vault 2.0
    NDMC Plus 4
    ProV1x
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members Posts: 2,860 ✭✭
    I rolled one in the store a couple of weeks ago. I made everything (I know, we all make everything in the store). I put it down, walked around, hit some clubs, tried on some shoes, then rolled it again. Made everything! I did not get it that day. Was planning to go back later that week but haven't made it back. Love my Vault 2.0 B60, this will be purchased when I get back from vacation
    Callaway Epic SZ, 9*
    Callaway Epic 15*, 18*
    Callaway Rogue 4H, 21*
    Callaway Steelhead XR, 5-AW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 54F, 58K
    Odyssey O-Works Black 7s
  • Lancj1Lancj1 Members Posts: 883 ✭✭
    Getting a thing for ping mallets - I bought the Vault 2 Ketsch. I have been passed a decade old Scottsdale Wolverine to try - which is so stable. The Craz- E is next I think....
    G Max Driver, Tour 65 Stiff
    G400 3 & 5 Woods Alta CB Reg
    G400 2,3,4,5 Hybrids Alta CB Reg
    G410 Irons, 6-U, Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Glide Stealth 54 (SS) & 58 (WS) Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Ping Sigma 2 Valor, Stealth

Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.
  • ColinKelvinColinKelvin Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Nice putter. I'm mainly a Ketsch fan, but this one (and the Vault 2.0 line generally) is very nice.

With the Craz-e headshape, once you see the motorcyclist, you can't unsee him, though...
    Ping Anser 9.5* driver
    Ping Anser 17*, 20* hybrids
    Ping i200 4-UW blue dot +0.5"
    Ping Anser Forged 56*
    Ping Nome TR

Putter bench: Ping Ketsch 400g CB adj / Ping Wack-E IN / Ping Redwood Anser Prototype
  • TylerJ89TylerJ89 Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    I have been VERY interested in this putter ever since I saw it released but I have yet to roll it since the mom and pop golf store here has a very limited selection. I rolled a G2 Craz-E for years a while back and loved that thing but got rid of it. I have rolled the Ping Vault 2.0 line a few months ago (voss/anser) and they feel excellent! I love the crisp solid thud you get off the face. I am currently putting with an odyssey 3t and just putt okay with it. Directionally, I’m fine. Distance control is my issue. I can’t seem to get it down with the micro hinge insert. I’m thinking this vault 2.0 line will help me out with distance.

Question I have for you is.... how much toe hang does the vault 2.0 craz-e have? Can you take some pics of it? I have a slight arc to my stroke and don’t like a lot of toe hang.

Thanks!
    Driver - TaylorMade M2 10.5° - Aldila Rogue Black 60 3.0X
    Fairway - TaylorMade M2 3HL 17° - Aldila Rogue Black 70 3.0X
    Fairway - Ping G 20.5 ° - Ping Tour 80S
    Irons - Ping i200 4-PW - Nippon Modus 105S
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50°/54°/58° - Nippon Modus 115W
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback - 34.5"
  • kmbeankmbean Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
    This putter is awesome!!!
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    It looks pretty nice. I hope it is a long honeymoon! Enjoy it!
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • Jaygolf37Jaygolf37 All Go. No Quit. Members Posts: 642 ✭✭
    TylerJ89 wrote:

I have been VERY interested in this putter ever since I saw it released but I have yet to roll it since the mom and pop golf store here has a very limited selection. I rolled a G2 Craz-E for years a while back and loved that thing but got rid of it. I have rolled the Ping Vault 2.0 line a few months ago (voss/anser) and they feel excellent! I love the crisp solid thud you get off the face. I am currently putting with an odyssey 3t and just putt okay with it. Directionally, I’m fine. Distance control is my issue. I can’t seem to get it down with the micro hinge insert. I’m thinking this vault 2.0 line will help me out with distance.

Question I have for you is.... how much toe hang does the vault 2.0 craz-e have? Can you take some pics of it? I have a slight arc to my stroke and don’t like a lot of toe hang.

Thanks!

If 3 o’clock is face balanced, then this putter’s toe hang is 4 o’clock. It is perfect for me.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
    <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/939707-coachs-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>
  • grantcgrantc Members Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Really like the look of this. OP, is that the Stealth finish or the Slate?
  • Optimus-ParOptimus-Par Transform, and roll putts. Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    How much do the weights in the back weigh? I think overall, it is 365g, correct?
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]~ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye ~[/font]
    4 o’clock toe hang is exactly what I wanted to hear. I wonder if you can custom order it with a black shaft too...? Take more pics! I’m in love.
    grantc wrote:

Really like the look of this. OP, is that the Stealth finish or the Slate?

It is the Stealth finish. Just like the Glide wedges.
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
    Here are a few more in brighter light. This thing is a weapon...

LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,606 ✭✭
    JumboJack wrote:

Totally agree. I have had a Crazy-e H for ever. Always wanted one without a soft insert. Love, love LOVE my Vault 2.0.

Did Ping do this for you?
    Yadi for President
    thanks for the additional pictures! Man I want to buy one of these so bad but need to roll it first..... or do I?
  • AmpliFIREAmpliFIRE Members Posts: 912 ✭✭
    I was rolling one of these at my local PGATSS. Love the feel and made almost everything.

Nice putter, best of luck with it.
    Taylormade M5 Driver Tensei 60 S
    Taylormade M5 3 Wood Tensei 65 S
    Cobra F8 19* Hybrid Rogue 75 S
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi Cut Muscle 4 iron, S300
    Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5-G XP115 S
    Mizuno Black Ox Raw 55/8 and S5 satin 60/10 DG Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7
  • DoucerDoucer Members Posts: 279 ✭✭
    I want one so badly. Enjoy!
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    Had an original Craz E putter, drained everything with it, may have to check out this Bobsled man in stealth.

That is a great looking mallet. Congrats.
  • JumboJackJumboJack Members Posts: 857
    BYK wrote:

JumboJack wrote:

Did Ping do this for you?

No, I did it myself.
    TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
    Ping G400 14.5 Alta CB S
    Ping Anser 17* 23* Kuro Kage 80H S
    PING i200 5-PW Modus3 105 S
    PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
    PING Craz-e h Vault 2.0
    NDMC Plus 4
    ProV1x
  • Grip It & Rip It 82Grip It & Rip It 82 Members Posts: 177 ClubWRX
    Anyone know if these can be ordered with a black shaft? If so from where?
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭

Anyone know if these can be ordered with a black shaft? If so from where?

If you request your PING retailer to add a black shaft, it is not a problem. If memory serves me correctly, there is an upcharge of about 30 bucks.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 624 ✭✭
    Just ordered one with black shaft. It's brothers PLD3 & 2.0 VOSS are anxious to meet the new family member.
    Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft
  • 23under23under All Eyez On Me EnglandMembers Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

I'm quite aware of honeymoon periods with putters, but this one should be around for a long time.

Hahahahahahaha image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> good one
    2016 M2 RIP'D X STIFF 65g
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    TAYLORMADE MC 4-PW X100
    TITLEIST 009  :#
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members Posts: 770 ✭✭
    How much do these putters run for? What is the difference between the grayish and black mallet head? Thank you
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,187 ClubWRX

How much do these putters run for? What is the difference between the grayish and black mallet head? Thank you

You can get the H version in a couple of finishes. The stealth black is very popular. You may have to order the slate color. Black sure looks cool. Personally I get better contrast with a silver/gray/white putter as black seems to absorb light and look undefined along the top edge to me. I aim with the putter face, not alignment lines, so the top edge matters a lot. (i still have a Versa No. 9 around and the WBW worked better for me than the BWB.) I typically remove the paint from any alignment line except for a sight dot or dash on the top line. The ones on the flange, I want them to fade into the putter so I dont see them and it works fine.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭
    Looks nice.

$299 price tag...hence the story above of me leaving. But I’m glad I came back!
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
  • duffputterduffputter Members Posts: 361 ✭✭
    Can someone post a picture of the toe hang?
    Cobra F9 9* (+1) Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
    Cobra F7 3/4 13.5* Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 62g
    Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5 19* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S
    Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52*.08 F / 56*.14 F / 60*.12 K
    Toulon Atlanta H4 34.25" w/ P2 Aware Tour