• Jaygolf37Jaygolf37 All Go. No Quit. Members Posts: 641 ✭✭
    Here’s the hang...

LTD Black w/ Rogue
    BioCell 3W w/ Aldila Tour Green ATX65
    BioCell 5W w/ Diamina Blueboard
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
    SCOTTY FB Heavy or Odyssey Black Tour Design #4
    <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/939707-coachs-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>
    Plus one more in the bright sun...I still love this putter!

LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
    <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/939707-coachs-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>
  • sleezytsleezyt Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    Still waiting for somewhere around me to stock one so i can try it... might have to just order anyways.
  • DoucerDoucer Posts: 278 ✭✭
    That's what I had to do. Not stocked anywhere here.
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,056 ✭✭
    I practically had to beg the PING rep to get one in our store They're just not stocked anywhere. Great putter though! I love mine!
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • NJPhilNJPhil Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Hit some putts with this today in the PGASS and really liked the feel and stability. I think I need to move back to a full offset putter, currently game an O-Works #7 and Newport 1.5, the Craz-E H definitely looks and feels like it could right in the bag.
    Ping G400 LST 10° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 60
    Titleist TS2 3W 15° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70
    Ping G30 3H 19° w/ TFC 419H
    Taylormade P790 4i-AW w/ SteelFiber i110
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 54.14F w/ SteelFiber i125
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 58.08M w/ SteelFiber i125
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    One of my local retailers finally got one of these in a few days ago. Honestly, I was a little underwhelmed. I am a PING guy and the TR grooves are legit IMHO but this putter felt harshly firm to me. I also generally prefer a milled face to an insert however I think that the Sigma G Tyne H has a better feel and roll. I am not mad about the Tyne H having a headweight of 370g but feel and roll wise, I think it is the best toe hang mallet out there right now and it is back in my rotation.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
    Sean289 wrote:

One of my local retailers finally got one of these in a few days ago. Honestly, I was a little underwhelmed. I am a PING guy and the TR grooves are legit IMHO but this putter felt harshly firm to me. I also generally prefer a milled face to an insert however I think that the Sigma G Tyne H has a better feel and roll. I am not mad about the Tyne H having a headweight of 370g but feel and roll wise, I think it is the best toe hang mallet out there right now and it is back in my rotation.

I have the complete opposite opinion. I think the Tyne is mushy and unresponsive. Everything about the Vault Craz-E is better, IMO. Better lines, better feel, better balance, etc. Each to their own, however!
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Stunning looking putter, that style / design is solid & has stood the test of time.

How long has it been since the first iteration of the Craz-E? 10+ years?

Enjoy it, it's a keeper.
    Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

All the clubs I've ever owned.
    One month update: I can confidently say that it has made me a better putter. My avg putts per round (10 rounds this month) are down almost 2 strokes (1.9 to be exact). It is point and shoot for me. My misses are misreads, more than mishits. For a mid-single hcp player, this putter is a weapon. Finish holds up great. There is no fading, scratching, ball marks, etc from gaming it. Still going strong!
    LTD Black w/ Rogue
    PING i25’s w/ PX Rifles
    VOKEY Wedges
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    edited Oct 8, 2018 #42
    Awesome! I love your connection with your new putter, that is the key. Once you connect it's all over for the competition. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

My misses are misreads, more than mishits.

Every credible putting expert I know of says this is full success. Doesn't matter how many you sink, if you hit your reads you are winning. The reads will grow more accurate over time, i.e. "dial in", the key is being able to hit them. Kudos man, that's just awesome.
  • JourdanMJourdanM Members Posts: 369 ✭✭
    Man, this thing is a mythical beast. Tried to order one from Ping and being told mid November in stealth and December on slate. Anyone know where these are readily available / in stock?
  • duffputterduffputter Members Posts: 360 ✭✭
    I think tgw.com has them but they might ship from Ping. I believe when I looked it said 5-10 business days.
    Cobra F9 9* (+1) Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
    Cobra F7 3/4 13.5* Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 62g
    Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5 19* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S
    Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52*.08 F / 56*.14 F / 60*.12 K
    Toulon Atlanta H4 34.25" w/ P2 Aware Tour
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,860 ✭✭
    My local course has one painted in stealth with black shaft but none of the ones with black shafts have copper weights. All of those have black weights. Is that normal?

I do think these head covers are lacking.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • TylerJ89TylerJ89 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    I really really really want this putter but with a single bend shaft. I don’t get along with plumbers neck and this one has just a little bit too much toe hang for me. Cmon ping! Make a near face balanced version of this!!!
    Driver - TaylorMade M2 10.5° - Aldila Rogue Black 60 3.0X
    Fairway - TaylorMade M2 3HL 17° - Aldila Rogue Black 70 3.0X
    Fairway - Ping G 20.5 ° - Ping Tour 80S
    Irons - Ping i200 4-PW - Nippon Modus 105S
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50°/54°/58° - Nippon Modus 115W
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback - 34.5"
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,432 ✭✭
    Putted with one at edwin watts, expected more from it. The tyne h feels better and feels more balanced.
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    Jaygolf37 wrote:

Plus one more in the bright sun...I still love this putter!

Guy riding a motorcycle wearing a helmet. Haha
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • I also finally got mine in from PING , took 4 months to get here because I wanted a different hosel for a sbst stroke and a stealth shaft
    G400 SFT
    G400 5 wood
    Cobra F7 hybrid
    G400 5-U
    Glide stealth 54ws/58es
    Odyssey o works 7s
  • mmowen01mmowen01 MichiganMembers Posts: 284 ✭✭
    kulreign50 wrote:

I also finally got mine in from PING , took 4 months to get here because I wanted a different hosel for a sbst stroke and a stealth shaft

Amazing, PING’s custom services have to be the best in the business for getting people exactly what they want.
  • Your not kidding. I all but gave up until I got a call from my pro shop. They built it with a different hosel , 370 grams as I requested, and the stealth shaft. All for about $10 more than retail price.
    G400 SFT
    G400 5 wood
    Cobra F7 hybrid
    G400 5-U
    Glide stealth 54ws/58es
    Odyssey o works 7s
  • jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    kulreign50 wrote:

I also finally got mine in from PING , took 4 months to get here because I wanted a different hosel for a sbst stroke and a stealth shaft

As a lefty PING nut, that putter is so awesome!!! Great choice and I’m happy it worked out!!!
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I200 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING Cadence Ketsch TR CB 35"
  • JAMH03JAMH03 Members Posts: 273 ✭✭
    "Anyone else have one of these? Thoughts?"

Please excuse the late post but as a 11 year Craz-E H user and aficionado I have some thoughts concerning why is this putter could be useful for someone. Essentially I think it comes down to the combination of features

#1 Mallets are going to give you better misses.

In this case the head weight is actually fairly heavy at 365 grams

#2 The alignment aid actually works.

A long single line. Not sure where I read that but I've read it and probs from Ping somewhere none the less I agree a long single line is good for alignment high contrast white on black even better.

four-new-putters-alignment.jpg

#3 The hosel not sure of the term? but the Craz-E H is a mallet that steers like a blade. So for those of us who grew up using heal and toe weight blades the Craz-e H is very similar to what we've putted with our entire lives so it allows us to draw those experiences.

#4 The grooves offer some help on distance control.

#5 Add in the fact that this putter design is well over 10 years old and has won craz-E $$$ on tour for Kenny Perry and a few others we have a design that is familar just so happens to work, is nostalgic and new both at the same time a very rare combination but good especially when the asking price is relatively high.

I'd imagine:
    • Short putts are easier to see:
    • Medium length ones you may luck in more often
    • Long putts ought to be slightly closer.

I don't know if the weights being so far back actually add to the MOI or performance in any way but I'd bet they do.

It looks GREAT while doing all of the above and those are all reasons that some will find more "performance" from this one putter.

Last but far from least you can pick up the ball off of the green with it!

Comparisons are odious.

2»