What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

Comments

• DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ClubWRX
    I’ll have to give the Chrome Soft a try.
  • rightslicerightslice Posts: 150 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

rightslice wrote:

^^this. Unfortunately stock holders rule. The original chrome soft is the best IMHO. The Grapahlen whatever I hated. Bring a new one out -the 2017's will get cheaper.

You're in the minority. The 2018 Chrome Soft (and X) was head and shoulders better than any previous iteration.

Probably. I think the 2018 version is geared more for tour type players and SS. Like when the pro V first came out and most of the tour guys gained 20 yards instantly. I don't have the game to take full advantage. The older ones suit me fine around the greens etc.
    Hoping the the MD5 and PM 2.0 will be released in Raw from the get-go.
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,550 ClubWRX
    DRRicks wrote:

me too!
    Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
    Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
    Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis
    DTown3011 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

me too!

It drives me crazy that they know they’ll release them, but they do it a few months after the initial release.
  • Lancj1Lancj1 Posts: 883 ✭✭
    Their longest and most forgiving clubs yet, with a faster thinner face, allowing more perimeter weighting.
    G Max Driver, Tour 65 Stiff
    G400 3 & 5 Woods Alta CB Reg
    G400 2,3,4,5 Hybrids Alta CB Reg
    G410 Irons, 6-U, Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Glide Stealth 54 (SS) & 58 (WS) Green Dot, Alta CB Reg + 1/2"
    Ping Sigma 2 Valor, Stealth

Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.
  • tbone18tbone18 Members Posts: 486 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

MD4 come in raw. plus they just came out 3 months ago.
    CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 815 HYBRID 20,23 / MATRIX HM3 105
    MIURA CB-1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
    TAYLORMADE HIGH TOE 50,54,58
    PXG BAT ATTACK BLACK CENTER SHAFT

TESTING IN PROGRESS
    EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO 9* / ALDILA ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X-FLEX
    PING G410 PLUS 9* / PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 75 6.5
    HONMA TW737VN 5-10 / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    Lancj1 wrote:

Their longest and most forgiving clubs yet, with a faster thinner face, allowing more perimeter weighting.

Harry? Is that you?
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,069 ✭✭
    Speaking to local rep yesterday. Very little was his reply. Balls and clubs doing really well. Only teaser was a forged XR version?
    elwhippy wrote:

Speaking to local rep yesterday. Very little was his reply. Balls and clubs doing really well. Only teaser was a forged XR version?

Judging by what we’ve seen and heard here, I’d say your local rep is out of the loop!

Lancj1 wrote:

Harry? Is that you?

Speaking of Harry, does he and the team at Callaway still come on here or did people manage to mess that up?
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭
    Harry is with OGIO. Callaway has had a few Q&A’s on here lately that were pretty awesome.
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • zeke66zeke66 Posts: 188
    A guy that I know is a big club guy. Wants to have uniform bag. He knows everyone in the golf world and gets lots of good stuff. He recently ordered some raw callaway mb. I’ve got a feeling he’s positioning to go that route. He really liked the TM stuff this year too. I bet Callaway has good stuff coming.
  • creecoolcreecool creecool Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    My wish list was forged Legacy black replica iron that Schauffle was testing. Combo of Apex and Legacy black. Probably too much to ask. 😯
    CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
    ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
    COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
    CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
    CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
    TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
    TAYLORMADE TP5X
    CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS
  • creecoolcreecool creecool Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    JStang wrote:

Ivyguy wrote:

I dont want to be a debbie downer, BUT...

I'm good with the new clubs... shoes... whatever.

But, the ball? It's similar to what happened to the Lethal ball. Everyone loves it, it's a good ball. So, let's change it.

Their ball is competitive and has a following, why change it to a new technology,? Presumably for new performance. People are trying to work with the ball to get comfortable with it.

Titleist updates the pro v line, but the changes are small. Not much new tech, maybe a refinement. This sounds like new... wasn't graphalene new?

As they start to see a decline in sales, they introduce a new product. If sales were steady or increasing there wouldn't be a new ball.
    Callaway sales are through the roof in 2018. #1 in irons, woods, putters and # 2 in golf ball and gaining market share.
    CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
    ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
    COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
    CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
    CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
    TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
    TAYLORMADE TP5X
    CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS
  • cmatthews77cmatthews77 Members Posts: 800 ✭✭
    benclab wrote:

Current chrome soft x is amazing. I hope they don't touch it. It also seems to be outselling the pro v1 at some stores.

I wish I could get the X in the Red, White and Blue Truvis
    Callaway
    GBB Epic Driver (9.5) - Project X HZRDUS
    GBB Epic 3W (14) - Diamana
    GBB Epic 5W (18) - Project X HZRDUS
    Apex 3 & 4 Hybrid- Kuro Kage
    '16 Apex CF16 (5i), '16 Apex Pro (6,7), '18 Apex MB (8-PW) Recoil 95
    MD3 Black 52 & 58 (PM Grind)
    Toulon Design Odyssey Atlanta

Callaway Chrome Soft X
  • cmatthews77cmatthews77 Members Posts: 800 ✭✭
    Couple of simple requests for 2018...

1. Give me Truvis options on the X not just the Chome Soft. At least custom order.

2. Give customers the option of the custom paint colors on the new drivers from the very beginning. Don’t wait till months later. And don’t charge the premium. It’s aldeady a premium for new drivers.
    Callaway
    GBB Epic Driver (9.5) - Project X HZRDUS
    GBB Epic 3W (14) - Diamana
    GBB Epic 5W (18) - Project X HZRDUS
    Apex 3 & 4 Hybrid- Kuro Kage
    '16 Apex CF16 (5i), '16 Apex Pro (6,7), '18 Apex MB (8-PW) Recoil 95
    MD3 Black 52 & 58 (PM Grind)
    Toulon Design Odyssey Atlanta

Callaway Chrome Soft X
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,228 ✭✭
    Chrome Soft X comes in Truvis, white/red and yellow/black also in stars and stripes version.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,228 ✭✭
    edited Sep 4, 2018 #50

benclab wrote:

Current chrome soft x is amazing. I hope they don't touch it. It also seems to be outselling the pro v1 at some stores.

I wish I could get the X in the Red, White and Blue Truvis

You can order them from Callaway.

https://www.callawaygolf.com/balls/chrome-soft/balls-2018-chrome-soft-x-truvis-stars-stripes.html
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Chrome soft X was my favorite ball this past year. Hopefully they don’t change it

Current Gamers

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • NokeNoke Posts: 2,082 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

Lancj1 wrote:

Harry? Is that you?

Speaking of Harry, does he and the team at Callaway still come on here or did people manage to mess that up?

Harry coming here was doomed from the start. Constructive criticism basically wasn’t allowed due to Cally’s sponsorship, and there was nothing in it for Callaway to come here and market their clubs.
    nohny noke wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Lancj1 wrote:

Harry? Is that you?

Harry coming here was doomed from the start. Constructive criticism basically wasn’t allowed due to Cally’s sponsorship, and there was nothing in it for Callaway to come here and market their clubs.

Funny, I saw it differently. Seemed that people went out of their way to be rude or **** on old marketing campaigns. We only hurt ourselves when we run off industry insiders. Duh.
  • tj7644tj7644 Posts: 213 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

nohny noke wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Lancj1 wrote:

Harry? Is that you?

Harry coming here was doomed from the start. Constructive criticism basically wasn't allowed due to Cally's sponsorship, and there was nothing in it for Callaway to come here and market their clubs.

Funny, I saw it differently. Seemed that people went out of their way to be rude or **** on old marketing campaigns. We only hurt ourselves when we run off industry insiders. Duh.

I totally agree
    Callaway Epic
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, 3+
    Callaway Apex hybrid, 20 deg
    Callaway '19 Apex Pro, 5-AW
    Callaway MD3, 54
    Callaway MD4, 58, 60
    Odyssey Tank O works #1
  • OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed ClubWRX Posts: 2,375 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 4, 2018 #55
    Sean Toulon basically said on the podcast with Tursky and Knud that the negativity around here is awful
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
    Oaks wrote:

Sean Toulon basically said on the podcast with Tursky and Knud that the negativity around here is awful

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become ‘60 Minutes’ correspondents...but, without the journalism background!
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    Oaks wrote:

It’s sad but very true.
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭
    Hopefully the 2019 Callaway lineup will inspire more positivity around here. It would be nice to get some of the great access and interaction that we used to have back.
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members Posts: 2,687 ✭✭
    And I quote Roger Cleveland, "Epic and Rogue are nice, but for 2019 Callaway finally got the driver right."

Oh boy....
    PING G400 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 15º ~ GD Tour AD DI
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • dhen9dhen9 Members Posts: 631 ✭✭

And I quote Roger Cleveland, "Epic and Rogue are nice, but for 2019 Callaway finally got the driver right."

Oh boy....

Damnit!!!! Said every recent proud owner of a Rogue or SZ!
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    G-Bone wrote:

Oh boy....

Oh boy, that sounds like it is going to cost me some $$$....