What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

Comments

• JunglelandJungleland Members Posts: 425 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

Oaks wrote:

Sean Toulon basically said on the podcast with Tursky and Knud that the negativity around here is awful

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become ‘60 Minutes’ correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

This isn't a criticism of Callaway's favorite forum but a compare/contrast. I think it is likely that feeling negativity here is more a product of being asked real questions after being lathered in golden retriever kisses at the other place. The forum's are night and day with gear heads versus casual golfers, of course there is going to be a different vibe. I read about Callaway complaining and that becomes off-putting to me, it's seems they would rather be loved and told how wonderful they are.
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ClubWRX
    Jungleland wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Oaks wrote:

Sean Toulon basically said on the podcast with Tursky and Knud that the negativity around here is awful

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become ‘60 Minutes’ correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

This isn't a criticism of Callaway's favorite forum but a compare/contrast. I think it is likely that feeling negativity here is more a product of being asked real questions after being lathered in golden retriever kisses at the other place. The forum's are night and day with gear heads versus casual golfers, of course there is going to be a different vibe. I read about Callaway complaining and that becomes off-putting to me, it's seems they would rather be loved and told how wonderful they are.

Honestly, who wants to come take questions and be 💩 upon the whole time? Why would anyone want to participate in that?
  • OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed ClubWRX Posts: 2,375 ClubWRX
    DRRicks wrote:

Jungleland wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Oaks wrote:

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become '60 Minutes' correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

Honestly, who wants to come take questions and be �� upon the whole time? Why would anyone want to participate in that?

Couldn't agree more - I think that there is a happy medium that needs to be reached - not as worshiping of somewhere else, but there is also a difference between Fair/Real questions that usually get asked vs some of the questions on here that people ask just to get either a no comment or a poor response. As they always say people remember the bad but rarely remember the good.
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,585 ✭✭

And I quote Roger Cleveland, "Epic and Rogue are nice, but for 2019 Callaway finally got the driver right."

Oh boy....

I like Roger Cleveland. He’s a super nice guy and has always left me with a no nonsense feeling about how he approaches golf but the snake oil is strong in that quote. If you really think the new driver will be head and shoulders better than Epic or Rogue or anything else for that matter then I have a big bridge I’d like to sell you.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
    mackepa wrote:

And I quote Roger Cleveland, "Epic and Rogue are nice, but for 2019 Callaway finally got the driver right."

Oh boy....

I like Roger Cleveland. He’s a super nice guy and has always left me with a no nonsense feeling about how he approaches golf but the snake oil is strong in that quote. If you really think the new driver will be head and shoulders better than Epic or Rogue or anything else for that matter then I have a big bridge I’d like to sell you.

I agree. I’m hoping it’s the same performance with a better sound. That would be “getting it right”.
  • JunglelandJungleland Members Posts: 425 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

Jungleland wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Oaks wrote:

It is when it comes to OEM Executives fielding questions. All of the sudden 1/2 the people on the site become '60 Minutes' correspondents...but, without the journalism background!

Honestly, who wants to come take questions and be �� upon the whole time? Why would anyone want to participate in that?

I get that, I used to take bullets on analyst calls so I can dodge incoming with the best of them!! I do think there are extremes, unfortunately both sites are the opposite ends of the extreme.
  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,856 ✭✭

benclab wrote:

Current chrome soft x is amazing. I hope they don't touch it. It also seems to be outselling the pro v1 at some stores.

I wish I could get the X in the Red, White and Blue Truvis
    You can
  • bellview17bellview17 Just chilling in the time out box Members Posts: 915
    6 Drivers. One each 2 months.
    bellview17 wrote:

6 Drivers. One each 2 months.

That isn’t overplayed or extremely lame. Promise.
    Anyone able to find Schauflee’s irons in the USGA Conforming List?
  • rightslicerightslice Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Funny thing about drivers now days with the max out happening years ago. The marketing departments have to have 3 times the budget of the engineers. I know, We'll get Cleveland to say we finally got it right. He's a wedge guy so he'll come off like an innocent bystander. Then We'll have him say 6 months later we thought we had it right now we really do with the newest model...and on it goes.

Rogue is a beast. (IMHO) Good luck Improving. Sound sucks but couple grams of rat glue and it cracks like an oak bat.
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,550 ClubWRX
    DRRicks wrote:

Anyone able to find Schauflee's irons in the USGA Conforming List?

Nope, and I looked!
    Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
    Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
    Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis
    DTown3011 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Nope, and I looked!

Am I wrong to think that’s very odd?
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,550 ClubWRX
    DRRicks wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Nope, and I looked!

Am I wrong to think that's very odd?

They are certainly in play, so yes!

Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
    Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
    Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis
  • sodapop3sodapop3 Members Posts: 21
    DRRicks wrote:

mrmikeac wrote:

GBB Epic Fusion

Epic X

MD5’s

XR 19

PM Grind 2.0

Mack Daddy forged should be released before Christmas 2018

*Flash Speed Technology* in woods

*Rift* Technology in clubs

New Apex line

*Chrome Smart* golf balls

I’m surprised the MD4 only lasted 1 year.

i'm pretty sure the mack daddy series only has a one year life cycle so it makes sense.
    Epic Flash SZ 9* set to 10* w/ AD-DI 6S
    Epic 15* - Fujikura XLR8 61S
    TM Stage 2 Tour Hybrid 16.5* set to 17.5* - Motore Speeder VC 8.3S
    Apex 20* & 23* - Atmos Blue 85HB-S
    2018 X-Forged 5-PW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 soft-stepped
    Mack Daddy 4 51-11S/ 57-9C/ 60-12X
    Odyssey O-works Black #7S (at the moment, changes more frequently than underwear)
    mrmikeac wrote:

GBB Epic Fusion

Epic X

MD5's

XR 19

PM Grind 2.0

Mack Daddy forged should be released before Christmas 2018

*Flash Speed Technology* in woods

*Rift* Technology in clubs

New Apex line

*Chrome Smart* golf balls

you must either work for or know someone who works for Callaway because you just gave me more info than my rep has given me. I knew about some of the things you mentioned but not all and I have asked him multiple times for an update on anything in the works.
    Odyssey O-works Black #7S (at the moment, changes more frequently than underwear)
    GC70 wrote:

I just want the CF16 replacement and I’ll be a happy camper.

you'll be getting one.

Callaway really needs to change it up with the irons. Apex irons have got worse in my opinion. Rebrand them and start fresh.

I agree I didn't like the apex pro 16 as much as my original apex pros. and seeing as they are on a 2 year life cycle I couldn't wait 6 years for new irons so when the x-forged 18s came out I had to get them, I have been happy with them but i'll definitely check out the new apex pros when they are released.
    i'd like to see a 16* hybrid that's adjustable. no company has made one since tm made the stage 2 tour in 16.5* and that's why it's still in my bag. it would go right in my bag if they made one.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    sodapop3 wrote:

i'd like to see a 16* hybrid that's adjustable. no company has made one since tm made the stage 2 tour in 16.5* and that's why it's still in my bag. it would go right in my bag if they made one.

I just hope their new fwy/hybrid lines have adjustability period. I like the rogue but much prefer the adjustability to dial things in.
    mrmikeac wrote:

kadeyoung6 wrote:

I'd like to see the new fwys and hybrids be adjustable with jail break tech.

I've held the protos of the new fwys and they were bonded. I didn't get much intel on them except you could see they had jailbreak and there is both a standard and SZ version. The sole was a lot closer to the Rogue than I would have thought, but more flat like the Epic. It also has a different head shape at address than either the Epic or Rogue.

As far as wedges, I have heard the MD Forged is going away and the new version is going to be a mix of the MD 4 and Forged. Head/toe shape of the MD 4 with he straighter leading edge of the Forged. New PM wedge is coming too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Iron wise, the protos that Xander has been testing are going to be a new line, however from what I have been told, they don't know exactly what they are going to replace, either the Apex or they may even be the new Legacy model.

And as always, new chrome softs coming.

The new upcoming MD Forged wedges have already been posted on another thread as well as the new PM Grind 2.0's....

any chance you could post a link to these threads you speak of?
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭
    sodapop3 wrote:

Callaway really needs to change it up with the irons. Apex irons have got worse in my opinion. Rebrand them and start fresh.

I agree I didn't like the apex pro 16 as much as my original apex pros. and seeing as they are on a 2 year life cycle I couldn't wait 6 years for new irons so when the x-forged 18s came out I had to get them, I have been happy with them but i'll definitely check out the new apex pros when they are released.

Yup

I agree

Still play the original Apex irons

the CF16 were no better at all (I think a little worse actually now that I think about it)
    Yadi for President
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    They got Epic and Rogue right. What a load of hyped up horse plop.
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Posts: 363 ✭✭
    sodapop3 wrote:

mrmikeac wrote:

kadeyoung6 wrote:

I'd like to see the new fwys and hybrids be adjustable with jail break tech.

I've held the protos of the new fwys and they were bonded. I didn't get much intel on them except you could see they had jailbreak and there is both a standard and SZ version. The sole was a lot closer to the Rogue than I would have thought, but more flat like the Epic. It also has a different head shape at address than either the Epic or Rogue.

As far as wedges, I have heard the MD Forged is going away and the new version is going to be a mix of the MD 4 and Forged. Head/toe shape of the MD 4 with he straighter leading edge of the Forged. New PM wedge is coming too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Iron wise, the protos that Xander has been testing are going to be a new line, however from what I have been told, they don't know exactly what they are going to replace, either the Apex or they may even be the new Legacy model.

And as always, new chrome softs coming.

The new upcoming MD Forged wedges have already been posted on another thread as well as the new PM Grind 2.0's....

any chance you could post a link to these threads you speak of?

http://www.golfwrx.com/504086/spotted-phil-mickelsons-callaway-mack-daddy-pm-grind-2-0-prototype-wedge/
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: Taylormade Copper Spider X, KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft, 34”
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
    I’m hearing that the PM 2.0 is a no-go now!
    DRRicks wrote:

What what what????

DRRicks wrote:

What what what????

I know! A local rep was saying that it got left out of the upcoming release schedule. I’m trying to get confirmation
    DRRicks wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

What what what????

I know! A local rep was saying that it got left out of the upcoming release schedule. I’m trying to get confirmation

If true, somebody dropped the ball big time. Ugh...
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭
    Is there a big difference between PM 1 and 2.0?
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • d1boundd1bound Posts: 125 ✭✭
    getair23 wrote:

Is there a big difference between PM 1 and 2.0?

Probably not but it looks like we'll never know
    G400 LST 8.5*/Accra Tour Z RPG 472 M5+
    Callaway X2Hot 4(17*) Wood
    MP-18 Fli-Hi 3/KBS 120 S
    Srixon Z765 4-P/C-Taper 120 S
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52,56,60
    Rife Antigua/Flat Cat

"When I die I'm going out as an underdog who never lost hope" - Joyner Lucas