What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

Comments

• delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX

I was going to order a set of Apex today, but shaft that I was going to order- the Nippon Modus 105, is not an option.

Maybe he wants them in X but I was going to say that the 105 is probably a really popular option in them especially with no upcharge.
  • PINSEEKER72PINSEEKER72 Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 11:02am #1713
    I checked this morning at 6:30 and looked under the Custom Steel choices and it wasn't an option. I called Callaway Customer Service to ask about it and they said that it was available as a no charge option and that it wasn't up on the site yet because it was either an oversight or that all of the shafts hadn't been loaded yet. Thanks for the replies.
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭

I checked this morning at 6:30 and looked under the Custom Steel choices and it wasn't an option. I called Callaway Customer Service to ask about it and they said that it was available as a no charge option and that it wasn't up on the site yet because it was either an oversight or that all of the shafts hadn't been loaded yet. Thanks for the replies.

I’m glad to hear that. Sometimes Callaway’s shaft offerings are a little baffling.
  • yellolabyellolab Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Just signed up for the free iron fitting PGA superstore is offering on the Apex. Eyeing the combo set.....
    Yankees Suck
  • Jawyman29Jawyman29 ClubWRX Posts: 208 ClubWRX
    delmer wrote:

I was going to order a set of Apex today, but shaft that I was going to order- the Nippon Modus 105, is not an option.

Maybe he wants them in X but I was going to say that the 105 is probably a really popular option in them especially with no upcharge.

Is the Modus 105 X available if you call or have your fitter call? I used the Mizuno shaft optimizer a couple months back and this was #3 on my list. Tried it in the Mizuno JPX 919 Tour and fell in love. Was waiting to hit the Apex Pros with this shaft but do not want to pay extra on top of $1300 irons.
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,475 ✭✭
    Jawyman29 wrote:

delmer wrote:

Is the Modus 105 X available if you call or have your fitter call? I used the Mizuno shaft optimizer a couple months back and this was #3 on my list. Tried it in the Mizuno JPX 919 Tour and fell in love. Was waiting to hit the Apex Pros with this shaft but do not want to pay extra on top of $1300 irons.

Should be no upcharge if the stiff are
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • bsawhneybsawhney Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    TM_HOYER wrote:

mrmikeac wrote:

Wow. What a change of heart.

Initially when I hit the new Apex Pro's I was very neutral, well I just went back and tried them again, this time with KBS $ Taper shafts and oh my God.......I fell in love. I can't rememeber a time when I hit irons that made me smile from ear to ear. These are by far the best Callaway Irons I've ever hit, they are just all around great, from feel to sound to numbers to looks, everything ticks my boxes. Preordering on Saturday. 5-PW, KBS $ Taper 120's, 2 degrees flat.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with my other sets. Think I'm gonna hang on to my P760's, sell my Z785's and use that money towards this. Who knows I may just keep all 3 and fake my death so my wife doesn't find me.

If you order through Callaway, right now they have a 50% trade in trade up bonus. I just ordered Apex 19's and after my trade in with the bonus it is only going to cost a couple hundred bucks for the Apex 19's.

Thanks for the info, the 50% trade in trade up bonus looks tempting ... need to get fit and decide ... as this is only available till early March.
  • wilymowilymo GAMembers Posts: 245 ✭✭
    Just checked everything out at the PGA Tour Superstore. I thought the Apex/Apex Pro's were ugly when I first saw them but much like the TM P760's, they look better in person. I was hitting the Apex irons an absurd distance (for me). I was getting an extra MPH or two of ball speed from the Flash driver which was resulting in a 5 more yards or so of carry it seemed. The 3 wood wasn't giving me any better results than my Rogue 3 wood, but that might be due to the shaft. I was a skeptic when I first saw all this stuff, but after seeing it in person and hitting it, Callaway might be getting my money this year.
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    Killer hzrdus black still a big upcharge with cally
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 5:08pm #1721
    Ordered a custom set of Apex, AND a custom set of the PROS this afternoon. Got the Apex 1* weak and the PROS 1* strong. Traded 2 sets of '18 x-forged and 2 sets of Rogue Pros (one black and one chrome) and with the additional 50% trade-in bonus, now I have 2 new sets and a credit balance. The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    PING G400 MAX 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15* - HZRDUS 6.5 Smoke
    PING G410 10* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 Smoke APEX 4-PW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY MD4 48* S Grind - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5 (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY RAW MD4 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 3x Chocolate TOUR NEWPORT BEACH (1 of 3)
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX
    PatsNation wrote:

Killer hzrdus black still a big upcharge with cally

I never got that. They offer HZRDUS Yellow non-HC for free and then uncharge the HC version. That seems like a good way to go but they don't do the same with the HZRDUS Black.
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
    Anyone hearing any reviews on the fairways
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • wilymowilymo GAMembers Posts: 245 ✭✭
    Hifade wrote:
    Ordered a custom set of Apex, AND a custom set of the PROS this afternoon. Got the Apex 1* weak and the PROS 1* strong. Traded 2 sets of '18 x-forged and 2 sets of Rogue Pros (one black and one chrome) and with the additional 50% trade-in bonus, now I have 2 new sets and a credit balance. The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Did you order thru Callaway? When i called in today to order the Apex irons they told me i couldn’t get the 50% bonus on my X-Forged 18 irons. And of course when i looked at the promotion the X-forged aren’t on the list. Trying to find a place that will give me that bonus.
  • kmbeankmbean Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
    Anyone know is the flash fairways adapters are available anywhere? I have a Ad GI I want to put in it
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,170 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 12, 2019 1:28am #1726
    I was looking at specs on the Callaway website is it true the Apex Pro 19 has much more offset compared to the Rogue Pro irons?

Ex: Info from Callaway website (under specs)

Apex Pro 19 4 iron - 3.4mm

Rogue Pro 4 iron - 0.15

Or is it just measured different?
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW747V 4-PW - Modus 105
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

I was looking at specs on the Callaway website is it true the Apex Pro 19 has much more offset compared to the Rogue Pro irons?

Rogue Pro 4 iron - 0.15

I assume the rogue pro measurement is in inches, which equals to roughly 3.8mm.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

Rogue Pro 4 iron - 0.15

My god offset? How embarrasing. All the R&D at Callaway, they must be off their rocker. What I do know is hard fairways, small sand greens offset is your friend. If you play them you know what I mean.
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭
    wilymo wrote:

Hifade wrote:

Did you order thru Callaway? When i called in today to order the Apex irons they told me i couldn’t get the 50% bonus on my X-Forged 18 irons. And of course when i looked at the promotion the X-forged aren’t on the list. Trying to find a place that will give me that bonus.

Golf Galaxy gave me the trade-in bonus. Although when I looked on the Cally site, it was an option and did price it for me. The fine print says the trade-in price shown does not include the 50% bonus. When the order goes in, and you send your sticks to them, it will be added to the overall order.
    PING G400 MAX 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15* - HZRDUS 6.5 Smoke
    PING G410 10* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 Smoke APEX 4-PW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY MD4 48* S Grind - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5 (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY RAW MD4 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 3x Chocolate TOUR NEWPORT BEACH (1 of 3)
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's
  • JourdanMJourdanM Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    Apex Combo set ordered with custom recoil proto 95s. Can’t wait for these beauties to arrive.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,715 ClubWRX
    JourdanM wrote:

Apex Combo set ordered with custom recoil proto 95s. Can’t wait for these beauties to arrive.

Still limited to "R" only with the 95s?

Ticked off could only get "S" in the 110s which are noticeably different than the stiff 95s last time around.

Not seeing protos on the website, are there options behind what the site shows?
  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,861 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

Rogue Pro 4 iron - 0.15

I have a set of each and I assure you that the Apex Pro certainly looks to have LESS offset.
  • lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭
    edited Jan 16, 2019 8:56am #1733
    I think the 0.15 is inches. Not sure why they switched from metric to imperial.
    Hawkeye77 wrote:
    JourdanM wrote:

Still limited to "R" only with the 95s?

Ticked off could only get "S" in the 110s which are noticeably different than the stiff 95s last time around.

Not seeing protos on the website, are there options behind what the site shows?
    i ordered mine thru a fitter so he’s building them - heads from Callaway, shafts from UST.
  • CaseyDanCaseyDan Members Posts: 796 ✭✭
    I got “the call” today......

TaylorMade M2 Tensei Pro White 60s
    Callaway Epic Flash w/ Whiteboard 70s
    Callaway Rogue 5W w/ Whiteboard 80s
    Callaway Apex 19 Combo 4-AW
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*
    TaylorMade 60* Hi-Toe
    TaylorMade Spider X
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,513 ✭✭
    Where is Phils witb?
    CaseyDan wrote:

gorgeous
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,679 ✭✭
    CaseyDan wrote:

Already in? Man, that's early. Enjoy, they look great. I like the black badging with that finish. Wish the pros were the same way.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • ajs72287ajs72287 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    CaseyDan wrote:

I got "the call" today......

Well, that's just rude. I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous! Enjoy!
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Graphite Design Tour ADTP 6S
    Callaway Rogue 15 Degree Project X Evenflow
    Titleist 818 19 Degree Graphite Design Tour ADDI 85S
    2018 Callaway X-Forged 4-pw Nippon Pro Modus 120s
    Edel Custom 51, 56, 61 DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2/Nike Method MOD 90/Scotty Newport Beach/Ping Tyne H
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,574 ClubWRX
    Apex's look absolutely incredible. Can't wait to get fit for some and have them in my bag! I'll of course test everything, but could easily see 3/4 Apex hybrids, 5-PW Apex CF19 to go along with my raw MD4 wedges - and of course I'll have to test a PM Grind 19 lob wedge to match!
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120S
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • CharleykeCharleyke Members Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited Jan 18, 2019 6:29pm #1741
    Just got home from work.... with a package on the porch. My custom ordered Apex irons arrived today. I pre-ordered when they were made available on Callaway website last week. I thought it was Feb. 1st shipping date.... nice surprise today. To bad we are getting 5" snow tomorrow.
    Post edited by Unknown User on