What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

1535455565759»

Comments

• radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,677 ✭✭
    Charleyke wrote:

Just got home from work.... with a package on the porch. My custom ordered Apex irons arrived today. I pre-ordered when they were made available on Callaway website last week. I thought it was Feb. 1st shipping date.... nice surprise today. To bad we are getting 5' snow tomorrow.

Nice. I am hoping for an early surprise on the Epic Flash SZ. UPS doesn't have any deliveries on the horizon unfortunately.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • Kahn14Kahn14 Members Posts: 11
    Have any new wedges been released at the show so far? Will there be and MD5 series of wedges?
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    Charleyke wrote:

Just got home from work.... with a package on the porch. My custom ordered Apex irons arrived today. I pre-ordered when they were made available on Callaway website last week. I thought it was Feb. 1st shipping date.... nice surprise today. To bad we are getting 5" snow tomorrow.

I received mine Apex 19's yesterday and already have 8 holes on them. After work today I plan to get 18 in.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • JourdanMJourdanM Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    TM_HOYER wrote:
    Charleyke wrote:

Just got home from work.... with a package on the porch. My custom ordered Apex irons arrived today. I pre-ordered when they were made available on Callaway website last week. I thought it was Feb. 1st shipping date.... nice surprise today. To bad we are getting 5" snow tomorrow.

I received mine Apex 19's yesterday and already have 8 holes on them. After work today I plan to get 18 in.
    and how do you like them?
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    JourdanM wrote:

TM_HOYER wrote:
    Charleyke wrote:

and how do you like them?

They looking like they are going to give me what I was looking for. During the weekdays, the course were I live is a par 3 course (which convert to 6 full sized holes on the weekend 3x around for 18). I hit 4 out of 8 greens (including the first two I played) and the misses were not as far off target as the P790. The other four were easy chips and pitches. It was really windy yesterday but I think it will be about 10 yards longer (because of the shaft). I had them built with the Project X Catalyst 60 5.5. With the lighter shaft I am looking for greater ball speed compared to the Project X LZ 105. Feel wise, I liked them better than the P970 and was more like the Nike VR_S Forged (which had a better feel than the Apex CF16). I was surprised how good the Catalyst shafts felt. I would describe them as smooth and more like the PXi than LZ shafts. I could feel the club head and they did not feel whippy, which was my biggest complaint when I tried graphite iron shafts in the past. Today I plan to get 18 in and this weekend use my SkyTrak to do a bag gapping.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • mljones99mljones99 Members Posts: 1,844 ✭✭
    When I did my Club Champion fitting last year I was fit into the Rogue Pro (a close second was the AP3 but I'm not a fan of the looks). Would the Apex Pro be similar to the Rogue Pro? I haven't pulled the trigger on the irons yet but the Apex Pro looks so much better....
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,574 ClubWRX
    mljones99 wrote:

When I did my Club Champion fitting last year I was fit into the Rogue Pro (a close second was the AP3 but I'm not a fan of the looks). Would the Apex Pro be similar to the Rogue Pro? I haven't pulled the trigger on the irons yet but the Apex Pro looks so much better....

No - you'd want to look at the Apex CF19. The Apex Pro will be much less forgiving than the Rogue Pro.
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120S
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • Anyone hit the drivers down at the show? I’m hoping the staffer that got his head early and is complaining about the sound is a small group of people that received early samples that were rushed..
  • jcg132jcg132 PTPOTCW StamvegasMembers Posts: 1,042 ✭✭
    edited Jan 23, 2019 3:18pm #1750
    To be honest - I hit two different Epic Flash SZ heads thus far at two different retailers and felt neither of them sounded loud.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Sub Zero “L Stamp” 8° - Aldila Synergy Black Graphene Tour Proto 65 TX (44.5", D4)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Flash 15.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 X (42.75", D6)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 18° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 X (D4)
    PXG 0311 X Gen2 21.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95 X (38.75", D4)
    PXG 0311 P Gen2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
    PXG 0311 T Gen2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
    PXG 0311 T Gen2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 49.11°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5+)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 59.09°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D6)
    Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°

Titleist Pro V1x
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
    Sun Mountain C130S
    Clicgear Model 8.0
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,331 ClubWRX
    It is just a personal thing on sound.

I am a die hard Callaway woods guy, almost ordered it blind like my Epic. I am not changing to another brand, just do not care for sound\feel of it.

Everyone seems to be trying to convince critics it is not loud. Why does anyone care if someone else buys it or not.
    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,378 ✭✭
    Gentleman this is why I have a tour van hotmelt setup in my shop image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Don't let sound dictate what driver you play. If the Epic Flash gives you the best numbers then just get the hotmelt treatment the same as every head on the pga tour. image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' /> image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' /> image/busted_cop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted_cop:' />
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3+  / Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members Posts: 3,014 ✭✭
    I have several rounds in now with a standard Flash driver head, and yes the sound is definitely louder and sharper than the Epic and Rogue. Whether you will find that offensive or not is anybody's guess, and as J points out there are ways to work around that. I wish the Flash sounded like the Epic, but whatever. Performance-wise, anecdotally I can confirm that new approach to face thickness in the Flash Face has its benefits in speed retention for off-center strikes. My most prevalent miss is slightly heel side, and several times on strikes like that I've found my ball 5-10 yards further up than I expected. I also find the standard head to offer ideal spin, but then I do have a positive attack angle.
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

mljones99 wrote:

No - you'd want to look at the Apex CF19. The Apex Pro will be much less forgiving than the Rogue Pro.

I agree with D that, that would be the normal thought. However, the Pro's are much more forgiving than I expected......and I've played them all, including Rogue Pro Blacks. The Pros are amazing irons.
    PING G400 MAX 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15* - HZRDUS 6.5 Smoke
    PING G410 10* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 Smoke APEX 4-PW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY MD4 48* S Grind - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5 (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY RAW MD4 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 3x Chocolate TOUR NEWPORT BEACH (1 of 3)
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's
  • littled1212littled1212 Nuts Members Posts: 997 ✭✭
    Hifade wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

mljones99 wrote:

I agree with D that, that would be the normal thought. However, the Pro's are much more forgiving than I expected......and I've played them all, including Rogue Pro Blacks. The Pros are amazing irons.
    Do you like the new Apex pro over the rogue pro black? Thanks
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭

Hifade wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

mljones99 wrote:

Do you like the new Apex pro over the rogue pro black? Thanks

1000%.....and the Rogue Pro blacks are pretty good.
    PING G400 MAX 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15* - HZRDUS 6.5 Smoke
    PING G410 10* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 Smoke APEX 4-PW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY MD4 48* S Grind - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5 (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY RAW MD4 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 3x Chocolate TOUR NEWPORT BEACH (1 of 3)
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's
  • Mark_CrossanMark_Crossan Members Posts: 277 ✭✭
    edited Feb 8, 2019 4:19am #1757
    Are the callaway Mack daddy forged raw getting released to public?

Saw them in person a couple days ago. Looks so clean!

Also I'm caddying Vic Open this week. There has been a LOT of Epic flash drivers put into bags this week. The que for the callaway reps on the range this week to test equipment was long.

They're proving very popular
  • BearQBearQ Break 2 Rebuild Members Posts: 3,390 ✭✭

Are the callaway Mack daddy forged raw getting released to public?

Saw them in person a couple days ago. Looks so clean!

Also I'm caddying Vic Open this week. There has been a LOT of Epic flash drivers put into bags this week. The que for the callaway reps on the range this week to test equipment was long.

They're proving very popular

Pics dude...pics
    Cobra LTD Pro - Matrix Type C Prototype 70X
    TM M2 Tour 3W/3HL - Black Tie 80M4-X
    P790 UDI #2  or  TP UDI #3 - Black Tie HM4 105X   
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*)  Nike VR Forged (56DS)  Cleveland RTX2 raw (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 

Swap:
    XR 3Deep - Tour AD TP 8X  | Rogue SZ 3+ - Diamana B 80X  | Bridgestone XD-H #2 - Speeder TS 9.8X 

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,495 ✭✭
    Hit the CF19 last night, wasnt a huge fan.

Will keep my CF16 for a while longer and/or try out the new Mizuno stuff.
    Long Live Nike
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Posts: 2,128 ClubWRX
    Hello - Does anyone know if the ROGUE line going away?

Will Callaway release new ROGUE irons? Mainly a new Rogue Pro?

Thank you
  • JourdanMJourdanM Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    Landy wrote:

Thank you
    not this year
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Posts: 2,128 ClubWRX
    JourdanM wrote:

Landy wrote:

Thank you
    not this year

Thank you
  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,861 ✭✭
    Landy wrote:

Thank you
    All of the Rogue irons will remain in the line. No new Rogue this year.
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭
    Looking Forward to seeing the Apex Pro Smokes in 10 days