Info on 2019 TaylorMade drivers?

I am sure it has been asked on here 4,000 times but does anyone have info on what TaylorMade has in store for 2019 drivers and fairways? When do they usually release their new clubs?
2017 Taylor Made M2 Adila Rogue Black 70 X
Titleist 917F2 Motore Speeder TS 8.2X
Titleist 718 T-mb 3 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD-Di 95X
Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist 718 AP2 5-P Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.12D
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

Comments

• stanger37stanger37 Members Posts: 353 ✭✭
    I think December/January is when they started teasing last year. February was the official release month to retail.
    Nike Vapor Fly Driver 9.5*
    ]Nike Vapor Fly 3W 15*
    Nike Vapor Fly 7W 21*
    Taylormade PSI 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 52/10
    Cleveland CG15 56/14
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Odyessy O-Works #7
  • Rippin6GearsRippin6Gears Members Posts: 87
    Pretty sure it will have a twistier face
  • From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members Posts: 1,801 ✭✭
    I can't even think that far in advance. I'm going to have at least two or three different drivers before then.
  • golden543golden543 Members Posts: 32
    hope it doesn't have that twisty face thing again
    Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 460, hzrdus t1100
    3 wood - PXG 0341x, Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    6 wood - Callaway Epic 5w 19*, MCA Tensei ck blue 70
    4 hybrid - Callaway Apex 4H, MCA Tensei 80 Blue
    5-6 iron - Titielist 718 cb, Nippon NS PRO 1050GH
    7-9 iron - Titielist 718 mb, Project x LZ 5.5
    PW - 46* Vokey sm6 F grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    GW - 50* Vokey sm6 F grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    SW - 54.5* Vokey sm6 S grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    LW - 59* Vokey Wedgeworks V grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    Putter - Titielist Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m , Matador White Large
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    THe M3 and M4 are pretty much the pinnacle in my mind for Taylormades driver. The really only things they can do are something to adapt a Jailbreak style backing or aerodynamics package like Ping.
  • lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,283 ✭✭
    Isn’t the hammerhead technology their response to jailbreak?
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,472 ✭✭
    Maybe we see MWT make a comeback with the next offering?
  • New EdgeNew Edge Members Posts: 149
    More traditional pear shape, black crown, minimal alignment aids, feel of a r5/r7 tp. Please
    2016 M2 9.5* Black Tie 7M3x
    2016 M2 15* Black Tie MFS 8M4x
    TM UDI 18* Aldila RIP Alpha 105x
    PING S59 4-PW Hard stepped PX 6.5
    Cleveland CG16 52*
    PING Glide 2.0 58*
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
    2016 Srixon Z Star
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,472 ✭✭
    A modern day R510 TP would be nice.
  • USGA22USGA22 Members Posts: 191 ✭✭

Great line. However, it cost me twenty bucks as I bet a friend it would take at least five people before the twistier word was used.

Darn it.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,741 ✭✭

Isn't the hammerhead technology their response to jailbreak?

if so they need to rethink it ... Rogue blows it away on off center ball speed.. i mean not even close
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Hopefully they get rid of the twist face. Tiger basically proved that to be total crap.
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70x
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M1 13.5 deg - Fujikura Evolution 757 7.2 Tour Spec x 3 wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2, 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Irons: Titleist TMB 718 4 iron, AP2 718 5-PW - KBS C-taper 130x
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 slate blue 50.12 F C-taper 130x, 54.10 S and 60.08 M DG S400 TI
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members Posts: 893 ✭✭
    The funny thing is they could leave the face the same and if they took the twist face writing off of the face none of you would be the wiser.
      • 16' M2 8.5* TPT 14 Proto
      • LTD 14.5* Matrix 8M2
      • Vapor Fly Pro 3
      • Titleist T-MB 4
      • VR Forged 5-9
      • SM5 46*
      • SSC Don White Grind 53/58
      • PM Grind 64
      • Studio Design 1.5 Circle T
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,953 ✭✭

A modern day R510 TP would be nice.
    Deep/Open face with Twist Face might crash WRX! If they add the old TP logo game over.
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,717 ✭✭

Twistier face that goes 17 yards longer?!
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • KaexoKaexo Members Posts: 671 ✭✭

if so they need to rethink it ... Rogue blows it away on off center ball speed.. i mean not even close

The only thing Rogue blows is Logan.

As far as the Rogue being head above heels better than the M3 or M4 on off center ball speeds unvaldiated. I've seen just as good of ball speed from the M3 and M4 on off center hits as I do with the Rogue Subzero, Epic, G400. All are the same.
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭
    edited Sep 1, 2018 #18
    Say what you will but Twist Face just about eliminated my toe hook. Did my swing change? Well, given I still have my Epic and Fusion and hit big draws with them with nearly every swing and then hit my m4 and nearly every swing is a slight fade ———- Twist Face works for my miss.

Honestly, I’m not sure how any one can make a better driver than what the current releases offer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • jaffabelljaffabell Members Posts: 62
    Hopefully they get rid of the twist face. Tiger basically proved that to be total crap.

Tiger doesn't miss the centre of the face, his face to path is just off now and again. Twist face is meant to help on off centre hits (rubbish).
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭

If it isn’t at least 42% twistier then I am out.
    Kaexo wrote:

As far as the Rogue being head above heels better than the M3 or M4 on off center ball speeds unvaldiated. I've seen just as good of ball speed from the M3 and M4 on off center hits as I do with the Rogue Subzero, Epic, G400. All are the same.

Only validation I need for me was the 4 hours over two days of trackman data I produced testing the m3 m4 vs my m1. Then m4 vs rogue and rogue sub zero. Rogue whipped them all. Especially m3 and subzero.
    Tiger hit a draw today... The club promotes both ball flights!!!

But seriously, what the **** else can they fix or change and put into the driver?
  • Rippin6GearsRippin6Gears Members Posts: 87
    Stanks wrote:

But seriously, what the **** else can they fix or change and put into the driver?

Platinum or 24k gold
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 369 ✭✭

Kaexo wrote:

Only validation I need for me was the 4 hours over two days of trackman data I produced testing the m3 m4 vs my m1. Then m4 vs rogue and rogue sub zero. Rogue whipped them all. Especially m3 and subzero.

Just remember, just because you experienced better ball speeds with Rogue on off center hits does not mean that its the case for everyone.

The Rogue SZ is back in my bag, I love it, but I had an M3 440 prior to that and it blew my Rogue out of the water on off center hits and distance. Only reason I went back to the Rogue is because I hit more fairways with it.

So in my experience, the M3 440 is much faster off the face but just not as straight.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5

Stanks wrote:

Platinum or 24k gold

Typical Seattle citizen answer haha. That's pretty funny. All I can imagine is Taylormade really working on aerodynamics the same as Ping and Callaway.

You have twist face, adjustable weights, adjustable lofts / lie angles, and some what of an answer to "Jail Break" tech with their "hammerhead" slot. I'm really at a loss for what can be worked on.
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,027 ClubWRX
    Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Platinum or 24k gold

Typical Seattle citizen answer haha. That's pretty funny. All I can imagine is Taylormade really working on aerodynamics the same as Ping and Callaway.

You have twist face, adjustable weights, adjustable lofts / lie angles, and some what of an answer to "Jail Break" tech with their "hammerhead" slot. I'm really at a loss for what can be worked on.

We all said the same thing last year and then Twist Face was released, so you never know. But it feels like TaylorMade might be entering a tick-tock product cycle: big change one year, followed by incremental refinement the next. If I'm right, then I'd expected updated M3/M4 with evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, features. That might sound boring to some, but I think it's interesting. Remember, just because Hammerhead exists, that doesn't mean it can't be improved. Just because adjustable weights/lofts/lie/etc exist, that doesn't mean they can't be improved.

Ball speeds out of the center are basically maxed, but there is still a lot of room for advancement with ball speed retention on off-center hits. That's the type of thing I expect we'll see improvements on in upcoming models.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • MackdiddypMackdiddyp Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    New driver will probably have speed foam.
    jll62 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Platinum or 24k gold

We all said the same thing last year and then Twist Face was released, so you never know. But it feels like TaylorMade might be entering a tick-tock product cycle: big change one year, followed by incremental refinement the next. If I'm right, then I'd expected updated M3/M4 with evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, features. That might sound boring to some, but I think it's interesting. Remember, just because Hammerhead exists, that doesn't mean it can't be improved. Just because adjustable weights/lofts/lie/etc exist, that doesn't mean they can't be improved.

Ball speeds out of the center are basically maxed, but there is still a lot of room for advancement with ball speed retention on off-center hits. That's the type of thing I expect we'll see improvements on in upcoming models.

I 100% agree on all statements made. Minor changes, if any, will reflect in the newest rendition. Maybe a new paint scheme, change in the weight types or styles, bigger or smaller hammerhead slot, etc. These things still take some R&D investment as do all changes for one of the most highly sold drivers in the past few years. Of course, I'm sure they'll change the look at address as well with the thickness of the grey on top.
  • spring7spring7 Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
    jaffabell wrote:

Tiger doesn't miss the centre of the face, his face to path is just off now and again. Twist face is meant to help on off centre hits (rubbish).

Tiger doesn't miss the centre of the face, his face to path is just ON once or twice a month. Fixed it for you...

Titleist TS3 10.5* Even-flow 65 Blue
    Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana LTD Blue 70
    Titleist 816H1 20* Diamana Blue 80S+
    Titleist 718 AP1 5-G KBS Tour 90
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52*
    Callaway PM Grind '19 56*
    Callaway PM Grind 60*
    Yes! Tracy 2

• jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,027 ClubWRX
    Stanks wrote:

jll62 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Platinum or 24k gold

I 100% agree on all statements made. Minor changes, if any, will reflect in the newest rendition. Maybe a new paint scheme, change in the weight types or styles, bigger or smaller hammerhead slot, etc. These things still take some R&D investment as do all changes for one of the most highly sold drivers in the past few years. Of course, I'm sure they'll change the look at address as well with the thickness of the grey on top.

R&D is an interesting topic. It's worth remembering that OEM products are seldom reactions to a model just released by a competitor. These designs are on the table for a couple of years before they're released, which is why I don't think Hammerhead was a reaction to Jailbreak. This year is likely the first chance we'll see anything that is a direct response to Epic.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
    edited Sep 1, 2018 #31
    mrmikeac wrote:

Kaexo wrote:

Just remember, just because you experienced better ball speeds with Rogue on off center hits does not mean that its the case for everyone.

The Rogue SZ is back in my bag, I love it, but I had an M3 440 prior to that and it blew my Rogue out of the water on off center hits and distance. Only reason I went back to the Rogue is because I hit more fairways with it.

So in my experience, the M3 440 is much faster off the face but just not as straight.

I’m talking rogue . Regular old rogue. Subzero is right there with m3-m4 on off center hits.

I get what you’re saying. But I don’t think it’s true this time. Rogue and G400 max are head and shoulders above TM this time in forgiveness . You should give the rogue a try vs subzero. Unless you just can’t get spin down any other way , you’re giving up some with subzero. I’m a high speed high spin player who hits down on it. And we found a combo of loft and shaft that took me to 2200 rpm average coming from 2800 average with a tour 17 m1 Head.

Not dissing Tm. I’m playing their putter and the 17 m1 is the best 3 wood I’ve ever owned. But they have some ground to make up in my opinion on rogue in the Driver dept.