***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Why is it so hard to find a .355 single bend shaft?

jtitleist12 ·  
jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members  3149WRX Points: 249Posts: 3,149 Titanium Tees
Seriously...it shouldn’t be this difficult to find a replacement option for .355 single bend mallet putter shafts.<br />
<br />
Does anybody know where I can find some? <br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
- Josh
Posted:

Comments

• World'sGreatestHackerWorld'sGreatestHacker Members  261WRX Points: 65Posts: 261 Greens
    I've never heard of that. What putter requires a taper tip single bend?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members  3149WRX Points: 249Posts: 3,149 Titanium Tees
    World wrote:
    <br />
    I've never heard of that. What putter requires a taper tip single bend?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Pretty much all Scotty Cameron mallets are .355 tip single or double bend shafts. The newer Selects are single bends.<br />
    <br />
    - Josh
    Posted:
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3764WRX Points: 304Posts: 3,764 Titanium Tees
    Getting a hold of .355 single bends is about as difficult as catching a **** in the wind.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Pro 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 Raw 52s - $-Taper
    MD5 Jaws Raw 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120

• JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers  7343WRX Points: 672Handicap: 1.8Posts: 7,343 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    World wrote:
    <br />
    I've never heard of that. What putter requires a taper tip single bend?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Pretty much all Scotty Cameron mallets are .355 tip single or double bend shafts. The newer Selects are single bends.<br />
    <br />
    - Josh<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I’ve got one from an X5 in my basement that I yanked when I made it a flow neck. It played 34” I think.<br />
    <br />
    Pm me if that’s what you need.
    Posted:
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    PXG gen 1 tours 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers  1044WRX Points: 348Posts: 1,044 Platinum Tees
    Chip Usher has them in his eBay store from time to time. But I agree, way too hard to find.
    Posted:
  • t-ballt-ball Members  287WRX Points: 25Handicap: 8.9Posts: 287 Greens
    EBAY. Just grabbed a black one for a putter project.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    t-ball wrote:
    <br />
    EBAY. Just grabbed a black one for a putter project.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    .355 single bend or .370?<br />
    <br />
    I've NEVER seen a .355...
    Posted:
  • t-ballt-ball Members  287WRX Points: 25Handicap: 8.9Posts: 287 Greens
    <br />
    t-ball wrote:
    <br />
    EBAY. Just grabbed a black one for a putter project.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    .355 single bend or .370?<br />
    <br />
    I've NEVER seen a .355...<br />
    <br />
    It was a 370 single bend.
    Posted:
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers  1044WRX Points: 348Posts: 1,044 Platinum Tees
    semarlor wrote:
    <br />
    Chip Usher has them in his eBay store from time to time. But I agree, way too hard to find.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Even the one Chip has listed are .355 double bend...not single. I was looking for a specific shaft for a JAT I had refinished and sent Chip a message through his eBay store, he was able to find one for me even though he didn't have it listed. Might be worth a shot to see if he's got any. His name on there is Chipaputt if you need it.
    Posted:
    semarlor wrote:
    <br />
    semarlor wrote:
    <br />
    Chip Usher has them in his eBay store from time to time. But I agree, way too hard to find.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Even the one Chip has listed are .355 double bend...not single. I was looking for a specific shaft for a JAT I had refinished and sent Chip a message through his eBay store, he was able to find one for me even though he didn't have it listed. Might be worth a shot to see if he's got any. His name on there is Chipaputt if you need it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I reached out to Chip...he doesn’t have any.
    Posted:
    <br />
    semarlor wrote:
    <br />
    semarlor wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Even the one Chip has listed are .355 double bend...not single. I was looking for a specific shaft for a JAT I had refinished and sent Chip a message through his eBay store, he was able to find one for me even though he didn't have it listed. Might be worth a shot to see if he's got any. His name on there is Chipaputt if you need it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I reached out to Chip...he doesn’t have any.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    ****. That guy has everything. Why are they so hard to find??? I guess Scotty wants your $45 plus tax and shipping...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • rwhitlockrwhitlock Members  48WRX Points: 45Handicap: 5Posts: 48 Bunkers

reviving this old thread.. anyone else have a secret hiding spot for .355 single bend shafts? Needing to reshaft my Scotty X5.

Thanks!

Posted:
  • BirminghamHackerBirminghamHacker Members  2WRX Points: 52Posts: 2 Starters

Still looking myself. KBS is set to release a .355 CT Tour shaft any day now.

Posted:
  • KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members  1054WRX Points: 261Handicap: 4.9Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees

Recently made my own ....not quite the same as the .355" preprioritory Scotty shafts ,
    that have parallel tip section of .355" about 3" long....but I was able to make a ,355 tip,
    single bend shaft using an old Rifle Precision stepless wedge shaft...this is the how...

Found some brass beads with an OD of 19/64" and strung them on a wire leader made
    for fishing . This was to make a mandrel to keep the shaft from collapsing during bending.
    Made a bending jig with peg board , pegs , and thread spools. Then with a MAP gas torch,
    heated and bent the shaft to match the bend in the shaft I was replacing. Removed mandrel. The heating left some discoloration, so for cosmetic reasons I used heat shrink
    tube , to complete my homemade .355" tip , single bend , black shaft ......

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Diamond Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti 1/1 GSS Potenza II or Piretti 1 of 2 GSS Capri or Piretti GOAT or..........

Flask - Crown Black
  • rwhitlockrwhitlock Members  48WRX Points: 45Handicap: 5Posts: 48 Bunkers

For anyone looking, I have two of these shafts available. Both have Matador grips. One is for a counter balance X5 and the other one is a 34" finished length for an X5. Both single bend, both .355. DM me if interested.

Thanks,

Rod

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.