Nike Tour Premiere Shoe

Comments

• evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 1,997 ✭✭
    jwilson152 wrote:

Best golf shoes I’ve owned.

Agreed! For me their is something about the midsole and upper in terms of comfort and stability that just works well (coming from the TW 13,15, and FI Tour Premier). Compared to the Free Inspired shoes, the gain is mainly in stability and sure fitment without sacrificing anything at all in terms of comfort. The slip on and go doesn't hurt either.

I felt like with the TW17 the lacing was not perfected, as the laces and the little plastic fastener unit didn't do much and with the straps locked down, I could feel the pressure of the plastic unit on the top of my foot which wasn't the best (love the straps), so I cut the laces out (along with the little plastic fattening unit) and then felt they were real close to perfect (straps did all the work and thats all I needed). Then the TW71 same midsole and traction, and the standard lacing was good (8/10) but the upper materials used were surely less exotic and quality feeling than the TW17. Finally, with the Tour Premier, NG took all the good of the TW17/71 and just raised the bar. Will continue with this model style and all of the updates as time moves on for sure.

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Taylor Made P790 4-PW Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

• viperstudioviperstudio Members Posts: 1,594 ✭✭
    Agreed very comfort and stable, this is now on the rotation with my TW13, TW15 and the Jordan ST. I went half size over because i wear thick golf socks and sometime wear a Nike pro hyperstrong ankle sleeve.
    TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5° backup)
    TI M2 (2016) 13.5° TS AD-GP 7x
    TM P790 2 UDI bent 16° [font=futura-pt, sans-serif]KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X [/font] (TI RSi TP UDI 1MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX backup)

TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 S
    TI TM Milled GRIND 52° and 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
    TI Bullseye Tour Putter
    KSIG/PROv1x
  • Ray JacksonRay Jackson Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭

Adidas 360 Boost w/BOA is hard to beat!!!

The tour 360 line is just a quality shoe!

I love that shoe but the design of the interior of the heel cup needs improvement. I walk a lot and have worn out every pair through the interior material to the plastic cup within 6 months. Oh and the Adidas return policy sucks, its taken me 2 months to get an electronic gift card for my shoes. Meanwhile the next pair has now worn out in the same place.
    Going to try the Premiere NRG next in the white/blue and camo color scheme. Wife just made me a grey/white camo leather with blue piping headcover for my driver. Yeah its sad but i'll match!!!!!
  • averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭
    ^^ how’d the headcover turn out???? Wife made?!?! That is just awesome!
  • jppatton2jppatton2 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Visited my local Edwin Watts today to finally try these on and wouldn’t you know it, they were marked down to $150. However, they didn’t have my size and the guy said the shoes are on closeout. Anyone know if Nike is doing away with these or just Edwin Watts?
    Ok bought these a half size up (in the NRG) versus what I wear in Adidas and geez they are hard to get on. I tried 9s on in the store and they seemed big (they must have stretched due to people trying them on), and I am a 8 in Adidas, ended up buying 8.5 online through Nike.com. Re length they are tight but manageable. They are just super hard to get on, broke a shoe horn trying this morning.

Please tell me they loosen up with some time? or maybe I have to go to 9s and they be a little long?

Thx
    For those who wanted to see how the head cover turned out.
    ^^ nice work my man!!!! ^^
    Wife makes and sells them these days. I’m at the end of her production list ha ha
  • JLewJLew Members Posts: 933 ✭✭
    Do these shoes loosen up over time?

I normally wear 13's in Nike shoes and I've tried on both the 13 and the 14's. In the 13's, there is about a thumb left in terms of length, ankle lock is tight but it feels constricted in the toe box, can't wiggle much. In the 14's the ankle lock is tight, good wiggle room but there is a little bit more length than I would normally like.

I'm thinking 14's if they don't loosen up much or 13's if the do.
    Taylormade M5 : AD-IZ 6X
    Titleist 915F : Rogue Black 70X
    Taylormade P790 UDI : AD-DI 105X
    Taylormade P790 3-PW : PX LZ 6.5
    Taylormade MG 52/58 : PX LZ 6.5
    Evnroll 1.2
    Taylormade TP5X
  • toothysaw2toothysaw2 Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    JLew wrote:

Do these shoes loosen up over time?

I normally wear 13's in Nike shoes and I've tried on both the 13 and the 14's. In the 13's, there is about a thumb left in terms of length, ankle lock is tight but it feels constricted in the toe box, can't wiggle much. In the 14's the ankle lock is tight, good wiggle room but there is a little bit more length than I would normally like.

I'm thinking 14's if they don't loosen up much or 13's if the do.

I’ve walked about 10 rounds in mine now and don’t feel like they have loosened. Very comfortable and supportive.
    PING G400 Max - 10.5*, Tour S
    PING G - 14.5*, Tour S
    PING G400 - 19*, Tour S
    PING i200, 4-PW, Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM7 Raw, 50* (F), 54* (S), 58* (M)
    Artisan 0117
  • shaneyankshaneyank Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Any idea if we can expect some PE releases of the Nike Tour Premiere in 2019?

And if so, how does one do their best to stay aware of the release dates? Is there a gear blog that is helpful to follow?

Quite frankly, I’m new to the concept of PE releases and regret missing out on some of the releases last year. Hopefully I can snag a something this time around.
    shaneyank wrote:

And if so, how does one do their best to stay aware of the release dates? Is there a gear blog that is helpful to follow?

Quite frankly, I’m new to the concept of PE releases and regret missing out on some of the releases last year. Hopefully I can snag a something this time around.

I’d ask this question over in the Nike 2019 Footwear thread as it’s a lot more active than this thread is.
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 903 ✭✭
    Rumor is the PEs will be the Air Max 1 this year.
  • shaneyankshaneyank Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    averysdad wrote:

shaneyank wrote:

I’d ask this question over in the Nike 2019 Footwear thread as it’s a lot more active than this thread is.

Will do! Hopefully I don't get harassed by the purists who don't like double posting image/nono.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nono:' />

Rumor is the PEs will be the Air Max 1 this year.

That certainly seems likely based on recent AM releases.
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,122 ✭✭

Adidas 360 Boost w/BOA is hard to beat!!!

The tour 360 line is just a quality shoe!
    agreed 99%....they are just a bit heavy...ive worn these for a while and like them but now I'm looking for a lighter shoe that still has great stability....
  • rjp217rjp217 Members Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Finally bought a pair. I stalled way too long on buying these as I really liked some of the other colorways, especially the NRGs, but TGW was one of the few places that still had size 13s in white/black. I fully expect them to be too small but hoping I get lucky and figured for $7 return shipping it was worth a shot to try them.
    In Bag:

TaylorMade M3 9.5* (Tensei Pro White 70TX)
    P790UDI 2 (Aldila RIP Alpha 105X)
    Mizuno MP18: MMC FH 3-4 / MMC 5-6 / SC 7-8 / MB 9-PW (KBS Tour 130X)
    Cleveland RTX4 Black 50* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    Cleveland RTX3 Raw 54* / 60* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    PXG Bat Attack P 375 (Black Steel)

On Rotation:

TaylorMade M3 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70X)
    Mizuno MP18 MMC FH 2 (KBS Tour 130X)
    '18 TM O-Works 7CH (Black Steel)
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,340 ✭✭
    rjp217 wrote:

Finally bought a pair. I stalled way too long on buying these as I really liked some of the other colorways, especially the NRGs, but TGW was one of the few places that still had size 13s in white/black. I fully expect them to be too small but hoping I get lucky and figured for $7 return shipping it was worth a shot to try them.

phew, I am still so tempted to buy them from there too.

tried on some shoes today -

13 Nike Trainers

12 LCV

12 React

13 Victory Tour
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

rjp217 wrote:

phew, I am still so tempted to buy them from there too.

tried on some shoes today -

13 Nike Trainers

12 LCV

12 React

13 Victory Tour

Yeah my temptation finally got the best of me today. We shall see how they fit.
    In Bag:

On Rotation:

• scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,340 ✭✭
    rjp217 wrote:

Yeah my temptation finally got the best of me today. We shall see how they fit.

I just ordered a pair, dam you!
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
    edited Mar 20, 2019 6:58pm #53
    Of course the forums were down but these were $119 the last two days at TGW. I had to call to have them price match afternoon just ordering for $40 more.
    In Bag:

On Rotation:

• MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, CaliforniaClubWRX Posts: 422 ClubWRX
    I've been lagging on these. They look so sick.
    Help me out:
    LunarCommand2 Sz 8d = good fit in terms of length, sides a bit snug.
    VaporPro Sz 8.5d = Tiniest bit long, but sides are perfect.
    LunarControlVapor 2's Sz 8e = perfect fit long ways and side ways.
    What size do you think i'd like in the Tour P?

i'm playing nike everything till i'm not
    MKPAPA said:
    I've been lagging on these. They look so sick.
    Help me out:
    LunarCommand2 Sz 8d = good fit in terms of length, sides a bit snug.
    VaporPro Sz 8.5d = Tiniest bit long, but sides are perfect.
    LunarControlVapor 2's Sz 8e = perfect fit long ways and side ways.
    What size do you think i'd like in the Tour P?

It seems like the majority would say to go up a half size from normal. When mine get here I’ll chime in.
    In Bag:

On Rotation:

• Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭

Finally ordered a pair, cannot wait to receive them.

Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike

Finally received mine today from TGW. What an awesome looking shoe. Like others have mentioned they were a bit rough to get on but i don’t have my shoe horn with me so that should solve that problem. They were also slightly snug but I’m gonna do some more walking around the house and see how it goes. I noticed a couple people in this thread said they mold and break in pretty nice so we shall see.

In Bag:

On Rotation:

• Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭

Just saw in the Nike Shoes thread that a new color way will be released. That’s good news, perhaps they will offer them in other different colors in the future.

Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
    edited Mar 29, 2019 2:44pm #59

@rjp217 said:
    Finally received mine today from TGW. What an awesome looking shoe. Like others have mentioned they were a bit rough to get on but i don’t have my shoe horn with me so that should solve that problem. They were also slightly snug but I’m gonna do some more walking around the house and see how it goes. I noticed a couple people in this thread said they mold and break in pretty nice so we shall see.

Wore them around the house last night for a couple of hours and had some pretty good pressure (pain?) on the top of my foot. They def are a half size small in the length for me but the amount of tightness on the top of the shoe is going to cause me to return them. At this price point I don't want to risk wearing them outside and it not going away. Too bad as I love the looks of the shoe.

In Bag:

On Rotation:

• MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 848 ✭✭

So if im usually a 8.5, go 9? Hate how these sizes vary so much from model to model.

• blackngold_bloodblackngold_blood Golf Ball Whacker Guy Members Posts: 980 ✭✭

Can anyone compare the fit between these and the fi premiere? If I'm slightly tight in an 8 with the fi premiere should I go up a half size or full size?

Thanks

WITB

Work in progress and will be updated after St. Andrews!!

Ball: OnCore Elixr