NFL weekly pick's contest (season long) 2018

1181920212224»

Comments

• doctorodoctoro Members Posts: 181
    edited Jan 1, 2019 11:14am #692
    Just woke up after a grueling 4 week Holiday run from **** in Ashburn Va. the Capitol of The Self loathing and Newly rich, shallow and self absorbed, no social skills required. Just drive a Tesla, Mercedes, Escalade, and you can live here.

Join Trump National which is up the road a few miles and you have the right to complain about anything and everything, or retire in a Condo complex for seniors and order off the the Chefs Faves Specials Menu and we chuck in a salad for 35 bucks and a plate with some Andouille Sausage, 3 shrimp and a little 4 oz Filet "cooked Med Well of course Sir!" "I want to substitute a baked potato for those mashed potatoes". "Of course maam"! Even though you will only eat about a third of it, we do not mind wasting food so you can feed your old cynical wrinkled face with a huge Idaho Russet with all of the "SIDES" u so desire!

About 500 of those people descended from their perches in Ashburn and decided New Years Eve was a perfect reason to get dressed and go out in the rain and spread their agitation and black cloud upon our place last night.

Of course we were all smiles and polite niceties as the evening progressed, while glasses shattered and plates careened across the tiled kitchen floor, doors swinging back and forth as an extra cadre of service staff beckoned the all hands on deck call, but were not used to working in such crowded conditions. Myself included. Where are all of the small french presses that actually work? Was the cry of the latter part of the night. Can you help me sort out the separate checks platinum club cards split on the same bill fiasco at table 301? "These people want to redeem their Bonus holiday gift cards that clearly state AFTER Jan.2 2019!!!" "The Ball has not dropped yet...it's still 2018 Dude! So sorry, please don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses when you leave."

Thats life in the Hospitality business this time of year and I am getting to old for this, but held my own last night and avoided all of those pitfalls but still had to deal with many similar situations over the last 4 weeks of Holiday Mayhem and I do not have All State Insurance to back me up LOL.

But I am free at last, free at last! Happy New Year Indeed!

Bring back the Business crowd who know how to behave in public.

Happy New "Effing" Year 2019!

Touch, what is this about a Playoff Pool?

I am reading that is being taken care of?

If not maybe I can help.

I think last year you just posted the lines and totals and we picked all the way to the Super Bowl

Highest amount of picks wins, totals and lines weighted the same.

Maybe we can do a total score prediction as a tie breaker in the Super Bowl in case of a tie.
  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭
    doctoro wrote:

Just woke up after a grueling 4 week Holiday run from **** in Ashburn Va. the Capitol of The Self loathing and Newly rich, shallow and self absorbed, no social skills required. Just drive a Tesla, Mercedes, Escalade, and you can live here.

Join Trump National which is up the road a few miles and you have the right to complain about anything and everything, or retire in a Condo complex for seniors and order off the the Chefs Faves Specials Menu and we chuck in a salad for 35 bucks and a plate with some Andouille Sausage, 3 shrimp and a little 4 oz Filet "cooked Med Well of course Sir!" "I want to substitute a baked potato for those mashed potatoes". "Of course maam"! Even though you will only eat about a third of it, we do not mind wasting food so you can feed your old cynical wrinkled face with a huge Idaho Russet with all of the "SIDES" u so desire!

About 500 of those people descended from their perches in Ashburn and decided New Years Eve was a perfect reason to get dressed and go out in the rain and spread their agitation and black cloud upon our place last night.

Of course we were all smiles and polite niceties as the evening progressed, while glasses shattered and plates careened across the tiled kitchen floor, doors swinging back and forth as an extra cadre of service staff beckoned the all hands on deck call, but were not used to working in such crowded conditions. Myself included. Where are all of the small french presses that actually work? Was the cry of the latter part of the night. Can you help me sort out the separate checks platinum club cards split on the same bill fiasco at table 301? "These people want to redeem their Bonus holiday gift cards that clearly state AFTER Jan.2 2019!!!" "The Ball has not dropped yet...it's still 2018 Dude! So sorry, please don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses when you leave."

Thats life in the Hospitality business this time of year and I am getting to old for this, but held my own last night and avoided all of those pitfalls but still had to deal with many similar situations over the last 4 weeks of Holiday Mayhem and I do not have All State Insurance to back me up LOL.

If not maybe I can help.

I think last year you just posted the lines and totals and we picked all the way to the Super Bowl

Maybe we can do a total score prediction as a tie breaker in the Super Bowl in case of a tie.

Hilarious, but sad.

My wife and i both worked restaurants into our 40s.

We call NYE, Valentines Day, and any other party night “Amateur night” and we stay in.

Glad you survived, and they don’t even realize how embarrassed they should be.
  • doctorodoctoro Members Posts: 181

doctoro wrote:

If not maybe I can help.

Hilarious, but sad.

My wife and i both worked restaurants into our 40s.

We call NYE, Valentines Day, and any other party night "Amateur night" and we stay in.

Glad you survived, and they don't even realize how embarrassed they should be.

"Amateur Night" a refrain heard in many restaurants during the holidays that dot our calendar's over the course of the year in this Great Land. But the owners love it LoL. They base their budgets around the holidays. Some corporations are so greedy they open on Christmas Day and New Years Day Luckily we do not.
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,451 ✭✭
    edited Jan 4, 2019 4:38pm #695
    Yes boys our Champion of picks Knock it said he will handle the Playoffs Contest. We thank him for his efforts.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway BB Fusion 9* Diamana
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    Callaway Apex  CF16  Fubuki graphite 5-AW
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 56, and 60 both SS grind
    TM Rossa Fontana  7 cs w/SS mid 3.0 
    edited Jan 2, 2019 7:49am #696
    touch wrote:

Yes boys our champ Knock it said he will handle the Playoffs Contest. We thank him for his efforts.

And it was posted yesterday by Knock it Close. He started it in a new thread folks.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 802 ✭✭
    CHuntsman wrote:

touch wrote:

Week 17 Lines for picks

Final Week All games on Sunday

Dallas at NY Giants -6 41

Oakland at Kansas City -13 1/2 53 1/2

Carolina at New Orleans - 9 44 1/2

NY Jets at New England -13 1/2 45

Philadelphia -7 at Washington 42

Detroit at Green Bay -8 44 1/2

Jacksonville at Houston -6 1/2 40 1/2

Cleveland at Baltimore -6 41

Atlanta at Tampa Bay -1 51

Miami at Buffalo -3 1/2 39 1/2

Indy -3 at Tennessee 43 1/2

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh -14 1/2 45 1/2

Chicago at Minnesota -4 40 1/2

LA Chargers -6 1/2 at Denver 41 1/2

Arizona at Seattle - 13 1/2 38 1/2

San Fran at LA Rams - 10 49

Houston -6 1/2

Cleveland +6

Indy -3

Back to back 3-0 Weeks to finish off the season!!!
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2019 9:41am #698
    What I believe are the final standings.

BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    And, in case anyone is feeling lazy, this is the link to the playoff thread.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1727278-nfl-playoff-pickem-contest-18-19/
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭
    I want to put out a GolfWRX thank you to both Touch and Adam for putting this season together. As I noted, this made the season more enjoyable for me, and appreciate the opportunity to come on here and opine about the inane and pick a game or two. A fine idea, and a fine job of keeping stats. Sincerely P3P
    edited Jan 2, 2019 5:43pm #701
    adam667220 wrote:

What I believe are the final standings.

You sir, have been an excellent statistition and I have appreciated your efforts.

Now go over to the Playoff contest with me and show them how we can pick in the extra season.
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189

I want to put out a GolfWRX thank you to both Touch and Adam for putting this season together. As I noted, this made the season more enjoyable for me, and appreciate the opportunity to come on here and opine about the inane and pick a game or two. A fine idea, and a fine job of keeping stats. Sincerely P3P

You are most welcome Penguin from the Big Sky country. I too so enjoy the weekly exchange between the participants.

I am sure I speak for us all in complimenting you on your excellently written posts we got to read each week. You sir have quite the gift.

Thanks for your contributions Pete.

touch
    Ping G25 fw 16.5 TFC 189
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 802 ✭✭

Yea, What Pete said!! Cheers!!