Dunlop Blades

In general, are Dunlop golf blades ok? What sets are more desirable than others?

Comments

• rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisPosts: 301 ✭✭
    Tad Moore (majic) designed those clubs for several years - he's on WRX and should be able to help you.
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag
  • birly-shirlybirly-shirly Members Posts: 3,247 ✭✭
    Maxfli was a premium brand for Dunlop. Generally speaking, you're on firm ground with Australian Blades and Pro Specials. Other than that, it depends. Dunlop made some high quality clubs through the years when pretty much all irons were blade designs. There were some autograph models, and from memory red (and maybe also blue) flash clubs and quality varied from cheap storeline to pro line.
  • drptehachapidrptehachapi Members Posts: 40
    rwc356 wrote:

Tad Moore (majic) designed those clubs for several years - he's on WRX and should be able to help you.

Thanks I have an opportunity to trade for some but haven't seen the clubs yet.

Maxfli was a premium brand for Dunlop. Generally speaking, you're on firm ground with Australian Blades and Pro Specials. Other than that, it depends. Dunlop made some high quality clubs through the years when pretty much all irons were blade designs. There were some autograph models, and from memory red (and maybe also blue) flash clubs and quality varied from cheap storeline to pro line.

A friend of mine wants to trade some things for a set. Hopefully they are one of these you mentioned.
  • rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,963 ClubWRX
    chapi-

They shouldn't mind if you took some photos...
    rex235 wrote:

chapi-

They shouldn't mind if you took some photos...

They won't, I'll be posting later today.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,076 ✭✭
    Aussie Blades, Pro Specials, DP30, DP40, Tour Ltd Cavity. All superb irons. Add in some Asian only models and they have a great lineage.
    Thanks for all the replies they turned out to be some Dunlap woods that were trashed and an odd assortment of trashed irons match.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,891 ✭✭
    But were they minty?
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly