The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

Comments

• Dustin_JDustin_J St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Walter wrote:

In Belgium as well :-)

It must be just terrible to wander around and be able to grab your choice of some of the world's best beers any time you'd like. My heart aches for you :-)
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,116 ✭✭
    edited Sep 6, 2018 #63
    Who goes to a movie anymore?

Too many previous butts in those seats.

Cant do it.

And specially if people drinkin beers at movies now. That cant be good.

Unless they make something cool like a movie version of

The Silmarillion

Then...maybe

• WalterWalter Belgian Golfer Members Posts: 698 ClubWRX
    Dustin_J wrote:

Walter wrote:

It must be just terrible to wander around and be able to grab your choice of some of the world's best beers any time you'd like. My heart aches for you :-)

That is not a bad thing indeed :-) I appreciate your comment :-) I should do some more post @ Craft beer drinkers thread :-)
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Posts: 487 ✭✭
    edited Sep 7, 2018 #65
    jdl wrote:

So I have a pretty good feel for the US pairings, what are some likely teams on the Euro side? Rose/Stenson, Garcia/Rahm? How about the rest?

Garcia/Rahm?

Post edited by Unknown User on
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • i*windowsi*windows Posts: 2,134 ✭✭

You know you can walk into a movie theater and get a beer? And I don't mean in no plastic cup, I mean like a glass of beer.

and Germany too :-)
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 5,079 ✭✭

I hope the European fans extend the same courtesy to the American players as the Americans done to our guys and help us to cheat our way to victory

Cheat your way to victory? How do you plan to do that?
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,013 ✭✭
    edited Sep 7, 2018 #68
    i*windows wrote:

You know you can walk into a movie theater and get a beer? And I don't mean in no plastic cup, I mean like a glass of beer.

and Germany too :-)

Well, you can where I live now as well image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Those really nice Belgium Trappist beers might not be available however.

Just in case you all don't know, this is where the quote came from, and by the way, when the movie was made it was difficult to find a movie theater in this country that served beer.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,084 ClubWRX
    I keep hearing about how strong our team is and how we're going to have a record win but, I hate to say, that I'm not seeing it. Europe, on a good day, has a great team. The closest thing to an under-performer on their side is Paul Casey and I just wouldn't put any money on him flopping in France. I think that's all a good thing though. We all really want a competitive match, with the US coming out on top, of course.
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex/Pro Combo 5-Gap- Recoil 760 Smacwrap
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • mbrown1833mbrown1833 Members Posts: 444 ClubWRX
    I'll try to post some pics. Should be a good time.

Current line is -210 USA.
    Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
    Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
    Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
    BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
    BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
    Lamb Crafted - Allendale
    MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

I keep hearing about how strong our team is and how we're going to have a record win but, I hate to say, that I'm not seeing it. Europe, on a good day, has a great team. The closest thing to an under-performer on their side is Paul Casey and I just wouldn't put any money on him flopping in France. I think that's all a good thing though. We all really want a competitive match, with the US coming out on top, of course.

Ryder Cups are VERY difficult to predict. Being better on paper is worth just that; the paper.
  • Rob G 89Rob G 89 Posts: 847 ✭✭
    Don’t know if it has been asked but will Bryson get his own style hat or forced to wear a normal one? Or go hatless?
  • rockinarrockinar Posts: 2,150 ✭✭
    Rob G 89 wrote:

Don't know if it has been asked but will Bryson get his own style hat or forced to wear a normal one? Or go hatless?

f2d8854e91.gif
  • TServosTServos Posts: 405 ✭✭
    fillwelix wrote:

sfiggins wrote:

Any chance of getting a quarter pounder with cheese there?

They call it a royale with cheese...

“they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the f&$# a Quarter Pounder is”
    Ping
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,602 ✭✭
    Rob G 89 wrote:

Don't know if it has been asked but will Bryson get his own style hat or forced to wear a normal one? Or go hatless?

Precedent already set...

Calc91.jpg
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • HankshankHankshank Posts: 1,520 ✭✭
    TServos wrote:

fillwelix wrote:

sfiggins wrote:

Any chance of getting a quarter pounder with cheese there?

They call it a royale with cheese...

“they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the f&$# a Quarter Pounder is”

Le bigge macke... those frenchies have a wonderful english. (Ours is just ugly)
  • nphamnpham Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Anyone been to Le Golf National before? I will be there for a practice round and was wondering where I should park myself to see some groups come through.
    Taylormade M1 460 Tour Issue 11.2°(7g hot melt) Kuro Kage TS Proto
    Titleist 913 FD D+ X Flex
    Titleist 913 HD D+ X Flex
    Mizuno 900 Tours w/ Nippon 125X's
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fourteen RM-22 Tour Raw 50.07/54.08/58.12 Black Onyx X100's[/font]
    Scotty Cameron Tour Squareback+
  • 6ko-pat6ko-pat Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    npham wrote:

Anyone been to Le Golf National before? I will be there for a practice round and was wondering where I should park myself to see some groups come through.

Right now and till the end os September you can’t play there, the golf course is closed.
  • nphamnpham Posts: 611 ✭✭
    6ko-pat wrote:

npham wrote:

Right now and till the end os September you can’t play there, the golf course is closed.
    I'm going to be there to spectate the Ryder cup...I don't think you understood my question.
    Taylormade M1 460 Tour Issue 11.2°(7g hot melt) Kuro Kage TS Proto
    Titleist 913 FD D+ X Flex
    Titleist 913 HD D+ X Flex
    Mizuno 900 Tours w/ Nippon 125X's
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fourteen RM-22 Tour Raw 50.07/54.08/58.12 Black Onyx X100's[/font]
    Scotty Cameron Tour Squareback+
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    I’m giving the edge to the Europeans only because their team has better drivers of the ball and Le Golf National has some tight fairways and ugly, ugly, rough.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • ddbleek685ddbleek685 Members Posts: 26
    Has anyone been to the Celebrity Ryder Cup on Tuesday?
  • I just bought tickets a few days ago for Sunday. I am going to be in Paris and coming from Canada so it felt like the perfect opportunity. The tickets have not shipped yet and I leave September 27th. Should I be worried about not getting them in time? It seems impossible to talk to anyone in charge there. I'm a little worried, thanks!
  • FootWedge16FootWedge16 Posts: 251 ✭✭
    How many matches will Jordan play? 1?
  • 6ko-pat6ko-pat Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    npham wrote:

6ko-pat wrote:

npham wrote:

I'm going to be there to spectate the Ryder cup...I don't think you understood my question.

My wrong, sorry, It seems that we will have many temporary parking lots with shuttles to go on the golf course. Don’t you have indications on your tickets ? To me (based on my tickets) your ticket tells you where to park.

He has to play at least one.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,602 ✭✭

He has to play at least one.

I think he'll open with Reed to see if he's got something and if it doesn't work out, he'll be benched until the singles.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Zz24hoursZz24hours Posts: 116 ✭✭

npham wrote:

6ko-pat wrote:

npham wrote:

My wrong, sorry, It seems that we will have many temporary parking lots with shuttles to go on the golf course. Don’t you have indications on your tickets ? To me (based on my tickets) your ticket tells you where to park.

Your wrong again - not his car, HIM 😄
  • SuperbritSuperbrit Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2018 #88

"The Ryder Cup concert" lol.

This event is so far up its **** that I can scarcely even believe it. I bet back in the day, say in 1981, Nicklaus and Trevino et all arrived in Europe on a Tuesday or Wednesday, had a couple of practice rounds and then got down to business. No concert, no WAGs, no junior Ryder Cup, none of this extraneous bilge. I'd love to know whose grand idea all of this is, my guess is Europe's. This thing is much more important to them.

Maybe the players can wear polar necks and flares as well?

Also can't remember Europe creating a Ryder cup "task force" just because they kept getting there butt kicked nearly every time, nowadays it matters to both teams just as much

This event is so far up its **** that I can scarcely even believe it. I bet back in the day, say in 1981, Nicklaus and Trevino et all arrived in Europe on a Tuesday or Wednesday, had a couple of practice rounds and then got down to business. No concert, no WAGs, no junior Ryder Cup, none of this extraneous bilge. I'd love to know whose grand idea all of this is, my guess is Europe's. This thing is much more important to them.

And I love every minute. After the Masters, it's my favorite event to watch.
  • JasonicJasonic Gamer Banned Posts: 3,571 ✭✭
    Superbrit wrote:

Maybe the players can wear polar necks and flares as well?

Also can't remember Europe creating a Ryder cup "task force" just because they kept getting there butt kicked nearly every time, nowadays it matters to both teams just as much

Because the USA never does things over the top. Yea ok lol. Guessing haven’t been to Europe much??
    2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
    Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
    Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Ping Anser OG
    Snell MTB Black
  • C BirdC Bird Members Posts: 289 ✭✭
    Thomas Peiters firing shots at American fans. Claims we can't drink.
    Cobra LTD Pro KK TiNi proto 60x
    Nike VR Ltd 3 KK TiNi proto 70x
    Nike VR Ltd 5 MRC Diamana BB 70x
    Cleveland 588cb 4-pw X-100
    Nike VR Forged 52/56
    Scratch 60
    Nike Method Converge b1-01/Nike Method Origin b1-01/Scotty Cameron Oil Can NP2