*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have any issues resetting your password, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

11314151618
19

Comments

  • StonewalledStonewalled  1567Members Posts: 1,567
    Joined:  #512

    @Tony B said:

    @Stonewalled said:

    @Barfolomew said:
    So how many of you HMP guys are jonesing to try the new HMB?

    Went to hit the HMB's one more time at the store. I had decent results the first go around, liked the feel, ball flight etc. Todays results were not as positive as the last time out. Had some time to kill so I decided to try a few other clubs in the fitting cart. One of them was the HMP, it wasn't as pleasing to the eye as the HMB , but the results more than made up for the difference in curb appeal. Higher, straighter, longer and they looked great at address, spin was lower but I'm hoping the added height would make up for the lower spin. Hitting off the matts is no way to determine whether something will work for one self but I was definitely happy I chose to try the HMP. They tick a lot of boxes for me, once again I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad I attended. Added bonus is the HMP's are now getting into my price range. I like that alot.

    Good to read your comparison. I just got the HMPs not long ago, and been itching to try the HMBs... If they performed the same I would much prefer the looks of the HMBs.. they are sooo pretty... not that the Pros are any slouch at all... but if performing equally, personal preference takes over at that point.

    I suspect the HMPs will be more forgiving and launch higher by design (wider sole, cavity, low center of gravity). Seems you found that in your comparison as well... I'm still going to give the HMBs a try, but not going out of my way... I'm incredibly happy with the HM Pros so far. Like you, my only wish is if I could get a little more spin through the mid-long irons on the HM Pros, but it's not like balls are rolling out any more than usual, so from a launch monitor perspective more spin might be optimal, but in every day play, not seeing any differences from my i200s in terms of stopping power.

    When I compare the HMPs to my i200s on my Skytrak, loft for loft the spin is largely the same... my HMP 7i is essentially the same loft as my i200 6i... so if I compare those two, the spin is similar... at the same loft... comparing 7i to 7i, my ball speed is up significantly on the HMP, peak height is higher, landing angle is still the same, and I picked up 7-8 yards of carry at the expense of maybe 500 rpm of spin.. good trade off in my opinion.. and the HMPs feel great.. they are just explosive.. and for me, I have much less side spin on the HMPs than I got with the i200s. Could be the Recoil shafts or the offset.. don't care really.. the HMPs seem to be performing great for me.

    Hey Tony great to read your comments on the HMP's, excellent to hear from someone coming from the real world. [golf course results] The HMB's like u said are so dang pretty, looks like Mizuno has upped the anti on hollow head iron design. I had some i500's for a short period, they were pretty as well but lacked any type of feel. The HMB's feel very nice, look fantastic and hopefully play as good as they look and feel. I like you will probably have a go with them eventually, I was thinking of ordering a 5 iron just for fun.

    Glad to hear the stopping power of the HMP 7 iron, with the added height, but with lower spin is not a concern on the golf course. The HMP's might be just the ticket, I had some Callaway Rogue Pro's for a bit, they were low spin and had a straight ball flight but the lower trajectory was not helpful. My i200's were my best set last year, but like any good hoe they had to go. lol.

    Glad u are very happy with the HMP's Tony, just wondering how the rest of the set plays distance wise? 8&9&pw lofts are the same as the i200's just wondering if u are seeing 7-8 yards extra with the HMP's vs the i200's?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Tony BTony B  189Members Posts: 189
    Joined:  #513

    @Stonewalled said:

    @Tony B said:

    @Stonewalled said:

    @Barfolomew said:
    So how many of you HMP guys are jonesing to try the new HMB?

    Went to hit the HMB's one more time at the store. I had decent results the first go around, liked the feel, ball flight etc. Todays results were not as positive as the last time out. Had some time to kill so I decided to try a few other clubs in the fitting cart. One of them was the HMP, it wasn't as pleasing to the eye as the HMB , but the results more than made up for the difference in curb appeal. Higher, straighter, longer and they looked great at address, spin was lower but I'm hoping the added height would make up for the lower spin. Hitting off the matts is no way to determine whether something will work for one self but I was definitely happy I chose to try the HMP. They tick a lot of boxes for me, once again I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad I attended. Added bonus is the HMP's are now getting into my price range. I like that alot.

    Good to read your comparison. I just got the HMPs not long ago, and been itching to try the HMBs... If they performed the same I would much prefer the looks of the HMBs.. they are sooo pretty... not that the Pros are any slouch at all... but if performing equally, personal preference takes over at that point.

    I suspect the HMPs will be more forgiving and launch higher by design (wider sole, cavity, low center of gravity). Seems you found that in your comparison as well... I'm still going to give the HMBs a try, but not going out of my way... I'm incredibly happy with the HM Pros so far. Like you, my only wish is if I could get a little more spin through the mid-long irons on the HM Pros, but it's not like balls are rolling out any more than usual, so from a launch monitor perspective more spin might be optimal, but in every day play, not seeing any differences from my i200s in terms of stopping power.

    When I compare the HMPs to my i200s on my Skytrak, loft for loft the spin is largely the same... my HMP 7i is essentially the same loft as my i200 6i... so if I compare those two, the spin is similar... at the same loft... comparing 7i to 7i, my ball speed is up significantly on the HMP, peak height is higher, landing angle is still the same, and I picked up 7-8 yards of carry at the expense of maybe 500 rpm of spin.. good trade off in my opinion.. and the HMPs feel great.. they are just explosive.. and for me, I have much less side spin on the HMPs than I got with the i200s. Could be the Recoil shafts or the offset.. don't care really.. the HMPs seem to be performing great for me.

    Hey Tony great to read your comments on the HMP's, excellent to hear from someone coming from the real world. [golf course results] The HMB's like u said are so dang pretty, looks like Mizuno has upped the anti on hollow head iron design. I had some i500's for a short period, they were pretty as well but lacked any type of feel. The HMB's feel very nice, look fantastic and hopefully play as good as they look and feel. I like you will probably have a go with them eventually, I was thinking of ordering a 5 iron just for fun.

    Glad to hear the stopping power of the HMP 7 iron, with the added height, but with lower spin is not a concern on the golf course. The HMP's might be just the ticket, I had some Callaway Rogue Pro's for a bit, they were low spin and had a straight ball flight but the lower trajectory was not helpful. My i200's were my best set last year, but like any good hoe they had to go. lol.

    Glad u are very happy with the HMP's Tony, just wondering how the rest of the set plays distance wise? 8&9&pw lofts are the same as the i200's just wondering if u are seeing 7-8 yards extra with the HMP's vs the i200's?

    Wow great questions.. I think we have similar experiences here... I also tried the i500s and they gave a little more distance over my iE1s, but agree, lacked the feel I wanted and didn't like the sound. Moved to a set of i200s instead on my quest for a bit more distance and liked that the lofts weren't as strong, thinking they would help provide more spin and higher trajectory than other manufacturer offerings (I have a shallow swing, so have a lower trajectory and lower spin in general)... and they did provide some help there... loved the i200s.. no real complaints... but was still convinced some of the newer players distance irons should be able to provide exactly what I am looking for... higher trajectory and more ball speed in a smaller package... but was very apprehensive that the strong lofts would cancel out any benefits.. and of course many friends dismiss them saying "that 7i is really just a 6i stamped 7" but I very much disagree with that assumption.

    Here's why I chose Mizuno HMPs over other manufacturers, and I think this gets to the answer to your question... they do a much better job with gapping and loft progression than the other players distance irons out there. Take the AP3s for example.. the PW is 43 degrees, necessitating another 48 degree wedge to fill gaps.. I wanted to continue to play my 55 and 60 degree wedges.. Mizuno allows me to do that in a players distance iron. In the HMPs the gap wedge is still 50 degrees, and my carry number is the same 112-115 as my i200 U wedge. My HMP PW is 45 degrees, same as my i200 PW.. I maybe gained 1-2 yards carry on the HMPs and carry 127. 9i is where I start to see some differences... but they are welcome differences...

    i200 9i used to only carry 132-135. HMP carrys 140.. i200 8i used to carry 145-148... HMP now carrys 152-154.. i200 7i was my 155 carry.. HMP 7i now 163-165... i200 6i was 168-170 carry, HMP now is 175-178... from there I move to a Ping G400 5, 4, 3 hybrids to increase spin and trajectory. I moved to those with my i200s as well but find they blend better distance gapping wise with the HMPs.

    So long story short, no real gains in distance in the HMP gap or PW, small gains in 9i and 8i, better gains in 7i and 6i... but my overall gapping is a more comfortable 12 yards or so between clubs, where my i200s always felt little more bunched up at the bottom and the top of the bag for some reason... maybe it was just me... but really liking the better separation I have with the HMPs, as well as the ability to keep the Gap wedge at 50 degrees so I can continue with 55 and 60 degree wedges...

    Also moved to the s18s in 55 and 60 recently... perfect match to the HMPs in my opinion.. feel much more versatile than my Glide ES I was playing, and love the feel.

    Hope that helps!

    Posted:
    Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
    Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
    Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
    Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
    Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"
  • IDrive300FsportIDrive300Fsport Alpine,UT 112ClubWRX Posts: 112
    Joined:  #514

    These irons are simply amazing. These irons are compact. Yet pack a lot of distance and forgiveness. So much easier to hit out of the rough then my previous Ping G410. I have yet to go left after 5 rounds of play. The gap through lob wedges are also amazing. Provides a lot of back spin.

    Posted:
  • StonewalledStonewalled  1567Members Posts: 1,567
    Joined:  #515

    @Tony B said:

    @Stonewalled said:

    @Tony B said:

    @Stonewalled said:

    @Barfolomew said:
    So how many of you HMP guys are jonesing to try the new HMB?

    Went to hit the HMB's one more time at the store. I had decent results the first go around, liked the feel, ball flight etc. Todays results were not as positive as the last time out. Had some time to kill so I decided to try a few other clubs in the fitting cart. One of them was the HMP, it wasn't as pleasing to the eye as the HMB , but the results more than made up for the difference in curb appeal. Higher, straighter, longer and they looked great at address, spin was lower but I'm hoping the added height would make up for the lower spin. Hitting off the matts is no way to determine whether something will work for one self but I was definitely happy I chose to try the HMP. They tick a lot of boxes for me, once again I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad I attended. Added bonus is the HMP's are now getting into my price range. I like that alot.

    Good to read your comparison. I just got the HMPs not long ago, and been itching to try the HMBs... If they performed the same I would much prefer the looks of the HMBs.. they are sooo pretty... not that the Pros are any slouch at all... but if performing equally, personal preference takes over at that point.

    I suspect the HMPs will be more forgiving and launch higher by design (wider sole, cavity, low center of gravity). Seems you found that in your comparison as well... I'm still going to give the HMBs a try, but not going out of my way... I'm incredibly happy with the HM Pros so far. Like you, my only wish is if I could get a little more spin through the mid-long irons on the HM Pros, but it's not like balls are rolling out any more than usual, so from a launch monitor perspective more spin might be optimal, but in every day play, not seeing any differences from my i200s in terms of stopping power.

    When I compare the HMPs to my i200s on my Skytrak, loft for loft the spin is largely the same... my HMP 7i is essentially the same loft as my i200 6i... so if I compare those two, the spin is similar... at the same loft... comparing 7i to 7i, my ball speed is up significantly on the HMP, peak height is higher, landing angle is still the same, and I picked up 7-8 yards of carry at the expense of maybe 500 rpm of spin.. good trade off in my opinion.. and the HMPs feel great.. they are just explosive.. and for me, I have much less side spin on the HMPs than I got with the i200s. Could be the Recoil shafts or the offset.. don't care really.. the HMPs seem to be performing great for me.

    Hey Tony great to read your comments on the HMP's, excellent to hear from someone coming from the real world. [golf course results] The HMB's like u said are so dang pretty, looks like Mizuno has upped the anti on hollow head iron design. I had some i500's for a short period, they were pretty as well but lacked any type of feel. The HMB's feel very nice, look fantastic and hopefully play as good as they look and feel. I like you will probably have a go with them eventually, I was thinking of ordering a 5 iron just for fun.

    Glad to hear the stopping power of the HMP 7 iron, with the added height, but with lower spin is not a concern on the golf course. The HMP's might be just the ticket, I had some Callaway Rogue Pro's for a bit, they were low spin and had a straight ball flight but the lower trajectory was not helpful. My i200's were my best set last year, but like any good hoe they had to go. lol.

    Glad u are very happy with the HMP's Tony, just wondering how the rest of the set plays distance wise? 8&9&pw lofts are the same as the i200's just wondering if u are seeing 7-8 yards extra with the HMP's vs the i200's?

    Wow great questions.. I think we have similar experiences here... I also tried the i500s and they gave a little more distance over my iE1s, but agree, lacked the feel I wanted and didn't like the sound. Moved to a set of i200s instead on my quest for a bit more distance and liked that the lofts weren't as strong, thinking they would help provide more spin and higher trajectory than other manufacturer offerings (I have a shallow swing, so have a lower trajectory and lower spin in general)... and they did provide some help there... loved the i200s.. no real complaints... but was still convinced some of the newer players distance irons should be able to provide exactly what I am looking for... higher trajectory and more ball speed in a smaller package... but was very apprehensive that the strong lofts would cancel out any benefits.. and of course many friends dismiss them saying "that 7i is really just a 6i stamped 7" but I very much disagree with that assumption.

    Here's why I chose Mizuno HMPs over other manufacturers, and I think this gets to the answer to your question... they do a much better job with gapping and loft progression than the other players distance irons out there. Take the AP3s for example.. the PW is 43 degrees, necessitating another 48 degree wedge to fill gaps.. I wanted to continue to play my 55 and 60 degree wedges.. Mizuno allows me to do that in a players distance iron. In the HMPs the gap wedge is still 50 degrees, and my carry number is the same 112-115 as my i200 U wedge. My HMP PW is 45 degrees, same as my i200 PW.. I maybe gained 1-2 yards carry on the HMPs and carry 127. 9i is where I start to see some differences... but they are welcome differences...

    i200 9i used to only carry 132-135. HMP carrys 140.. i200 8i used to carry 145-148... HMP now carrys 152-154.. i200 7i was my 155 carry.. HMP 7i now 163-165... i200 6i was 168-170 carry, HMP now is 175-178... from there I move to a Ping G400 5, 4, 3 hybrids to increase spin and trajectory. I moved to those with my i200s as well but find they blend better distance gapping wise with the HMPs.

    So long story short, no real gains in distance in the HMP gap or PW, small gains in 9i and 8i, better gains in 7i and 6i... but my overall gapping is a more comfortable 12 yards or so between clubs, where my i200s always felt little more bunched up at the bottom and the top of the bag for some reason... maybe it was just me... but really liking the better separation I have with the HMPs, as well as the ability to keep the Gap wedge at 50 degrees so I can continue with 55 and 60 degree wedges...

    Also moved to the s18s in 55 and 60 recently... perfect match to the HMPs in my opinion.. feel much more versatile than my Glide ES I was playing, and love the feel.

    Hope that helps!

    Wow what a great answer. Probably the best response to a question I have ever read well done Sir.

    Looks like we have similar taste in irons, with more than a slight preference for anything Ping, I had the iE1's as well. Loved everything about the iE1's except for cavity design, badge colour etc. Thought they were the ladies model when I first eyed them, ok where's the men's model hiding??? These are the men's, aw crap. Sold them when the i200's came out, sold the i210's for some reason. Liked the 8,9 PW & U wedge, didn't care for the rest. I had some recoil 125's in the ie1's, loved every iron in the set, I still have the shafts and am thinking of getting another set of the ie1's just to see if I can replicate the love I had for those. At this point I'm less interested in looks vs playability. Was wondering the other day if Ping could build a mid sized club with low offset, basically a forgiving i210, use the same material [8620]and colour of the stealth wedges. Sign me up.

    Looks u are getting everything u need out of a set of irons with the HMP's, you certainly have your number's in order. Nice that u have everything figured out distance wise including the G400 hybrids. I just recently put the G400 4 hybrid in play, excellent club. Was thinking of getting the G410 6 hybrid, but might not need it with the HMP 6&7 iron distances. Glad to hear that the scoring irons are a touch longer, but not to a ridiculous level. I like the fact the lofts are similar to what I am used to in my previous Ping irons.

    Forgiveness wise how would u rate them? I only hit the 7 iron off the matts but was more than happy with the results. That evening I tried out the 410's, Callaway Epic forged, the HMB's, and the HMP's. If I had to choose a set that particular day I would choose the HMP's.

    Passed on a set on the BST yesterday, kinda wished I snagged them. Ow well there will be other sets.

    I will check out the s18 wedges, thanks again for the great info.

    Posted:
  • Tony BTony B  189Members Posts: 189
    Joined:  #516

    Lol.. yup.. I've also had an affinity for all things PING the last few years... iE1s were not the prettiest, but man they worked well. I wanted to jump right to the i210s, but there was not a big enough difference between the i200 and i210 for me to pull the trigger, and I found a great deal on a used set of i200 in my specs, with PUREd shafts.. so worked out well enough.. as I considered the move to graphite shafts to help ward off my tendonitis issues, Mizuno came into the picture given the no upcharge shaft options, and the fact that the fitter I work with often deals in Mizuno as well.

    To be honest, I've also considered moving to a 6h as well, putting 4 hybrids in my bag (yes, y'all heard that right!). Jeez, I'm only 47, hit my 7i 160-165 carry, driver 230-240 carry, you wouldn't think I'd consider a 5hy let alone a 6hy.. but **** works well for many LPGA players.. if it gives you the right trajectory, spin, and stopping power.. go with what works! It was hard enough finding a used 5 hybrid to try out in a stiff shaft though, so doubt I'll try the 6hy experiment anytime soon. Not sure I can even get a 6h in stiff, unless its a special order or pay for a re-shaft.. and I do like having 1 club I can keep pretty low to the ground for punch outs and such... so probably stay where I'm at with G-6i then move into hybrids and a 16 degree 3 wood.

    Back to our regularly scheduled program... Forgiveness... I didn't notice a lot of difference in forgiveness between iE1 and i200. Actually they played extremely similarly, just got a touch more height and distance with the i200 which was an improvement, but not by all that much. Kept the i200 in the bag because I liked the feel a little better, and felt the gapping and consistency was a little better... If blindfolded, I could have easily swapped them in and out of my bag though, without knowing which was which unless I hit them side by side.

    HMP is different. Feel is hotter off the face when well struck (which I love), and they also let you know when you miss the center.. but it's not as harsh or penalizing as a blade... They are noticeably more forgiving than the i200 in my opinion. My miss is generally out on the toe, or thin... toe shots keep considerably more ball speed and distance with the HMPs vs the i200s. Thin shots hardly lose anything at all with the HMPs... so I think thin shot forgiveness is better on HMP as well...

    The other difference I notice though, are that my mishits (toe or thin) with the HMPs have a lower trajectory than my same misses with the i200s. This may sound odd, but I feel like my mis-hits with the HMP or shots out of gnarly thick lies have more of a trajectory I would expect, but still roll out and/or end up pretty close to the distances I was playing.. where the i200s when I missed or had horrible thick rough lies, would look ok, but come up quite a bit more short than I would have liked... it's what I expected, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I get away with those shots more with the HMP than the i200s..

    I suspect the lower lofts and touch less spin are creating the trajectory differences in mis hits on the HMP. Or maybe it's just that as I make the adjustment to the longer distances, I'm perceiving that as forgiveness, as I continue to adjust to my new numbers... can't say for sure but not sure I care either lol... At first it bothered me seeing the lower looking shots when I missed, but the more I end up pin high anyway, the less I cared! I'm also finding the HMPs to be much more consistent in both well struck shots and misses. If I miss with the HMPs, the misses always react the same.. low, but forgiven distance wise... misses with the i200s, well some times they would work out, sometimes short... well struck shots are also more consistent distance wise with the HMPs... now not night and day difference from the i200 mind you, but it's enough to notice that I can hit the same number more consistently with the HMPs than my i200s...

    I've played around almost daily for about a month or so now on my Skytrak comparing HMPs to my i200s, using various clubs, and doing the bag mapping feature with both.. HMPs keep coming out on top...
    wouldn't keep the HMPs in my bag if they didn't. If I could get maybe 300-500 more RPM of spin in the 6i/7i I would say they are perfect... I might be able to get that by switching balls, so that's my next quest... Playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour right now, and love the feel.. but they are a little lower spin due to low compression.. ProV1s give me what I need in regards to the Spin i'm looking for but, want something softer, and refuse to pay the price. Going to give the Srixon Z-Stars a more thorough look next season.. my requirements are Soft - Yellow - Low driver spin - under $30 a dozen. Z-Star might meet that during the buy 3-get 1 free or buy one get one free sales through Srixon in the spring.. then i'll stock up :)

    Posted:
    Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
    Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
    Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
    Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
    Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC  2445ClubWRX Posts: 2,445
    Joined:  #517

    @Tony B said:

    Lol.. yup.. I've also had an affinity for all things PING the last few years... iE1s were not the prettiest, but man they worked well. I wanted to jump right to the i210s, but there was not a big enough difference between the i200 and i210 for me to pull the trigger, and I found a great deal on a used set of i200 in my specs, with PUREd shafts.. so worked out well enough.. as I considered the move to graphite shafts to help ward off my tendonitis issues, Mizuno came into the picture given the no upcharge shaft options, and the fact that the fitter I work with often deals in Mizuno as well.

    To be honest, I've also considered moving to a 6h as well, putting 4 hybrids in my bag (yes, y'all heard that right!). Jeez, I'm only 47, hit my 7i 160-165 carry, driver 230-240 carry, you wouldn't think I'd consider a 5hy let alone a 6hy.. but **** works well for many LPGA players.. if it gives you the right trajectory, spin, and stopping power.. go with what works! It was hard enough finding a used 5 hybrid to try out in a stiff shaft though, so doubt I'll try the 6hy experiment anytime soon. Not sure I can even get a 6h in stiff, unless its a special order or pay for a re-shaft.. and I do like having 1 club I can keep pretty low to the ground for punch outs and such... so probably stay where I'm at with G-6i then move into hybrids and a 16 degree 3 wood.

    Back to our regularly scheduled program... Forgiveness... I didn't notice a lot of difference in forgiveness between iE1 and i200. Actually they played extremely similarly, just got a touch more height and distance with the i200 which was an improvement, but not by all that much. Kept the i200 in the bag because I liked the feel a little better, and felt the gapping and consistency was a little better... If blindfolded, I could have easily swapped them in and out of my bag though, without knowing which was which unless I hit them side by side.

    HMP is different. Feel is hotter off the face when well struck (which I love), and they also let you know when you miss the center.. but it's not as harsh or penalizing as a blade... They are noticeably more forgiving than the i200 in my opinion. My miss is generally out on the toe, or thin... toe shots keep considerably more ball speed and distance with the HMPs vs the i200s. Thin shots hardly lose anything at all with the HMPs... so I think thin shot forgiveness is better on HMP as well...

    The other difference I notice though, are that my mishits (toe or thin) with the HMPs have a lower trajectory than my same misses with the i200s. This may sound odd, but I feel like my mis-hits with the HMP or shots out of gnarly thick lies have more of a trajectory I would expect, but still roll out and/or end up pretty close to the distances I was playing.. where the i200s when I missed or had horrible thick rough lies, would look ok, but come up quite a bit more short than I would have liked... it's what I expected, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I get away with those shots more with the HMP than the i200s..

    I suspect the lower lofts and touch less spin are creating the trajectory differences in mis hits on the HMP. Or maybe it's just that as I make the adjustment to the longer distances, I'm perceiving that as forgiveness, as I continue to adjust to my new numbers... can't say for sure but not sure I care either lol... At first it bothered me seeing the lower looking shots when I missed, but the more I end up pin high anyway, the less I cared! I'm also finding the HMPs to be much more consistent in both well struck shots and misses. If I miss with the HMPs, the misses always react the same.. low, but forgiven distance wise... misses with the i200s, well some times they would work out, sometimes short... well struck shots are also more consistent distance wise with the HMPs... now not night and day difference from the i200 mind you, but it's enough to notice that I can hit the same number more consistently with the HMPs than my i200s...

    I've played around almost daily for about a month or so now on my Skytrak comparing HMPs to my i200s, using various clubs, and doing the bag mapping feature with both.. HMPs keep coming out on top...
    wouldn't keep the HMPs in my bag if they didn't. If I could get maybe 300-500 more RPM of spin in the 6i/7i I would say they are perfect... I might be able to get that by switching balls, so that's my next quest... Playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour right now, and love the feel.. but they are a little lower spin due to low compression.. ProV1s give me what I need in regards to the Spin i'm looking for but, want something softer, and refuse to pay the price. Going to give the Srixon Z-Stars a more thorough look next season.. my requirements are Soft - Yellow - Low driver spin - under $30 a dozen. Z-Star might meet that during the buy 3-get 1 free or buy one get one free sales through Srixon in the spring.. then i'll stock up :)

    Nice writeup. With you on the i200, have not tried the HMP yet but am a huge Mizzy fan (and Ping, always my first two choices, with an exception being Callaway FWs, which always seem to suit me). On the golf ball, if you have not tried the Snell Black yet, it is what you describe. And you can get them under $30 per dozen all the time if you order at least 3 dozen.

    I called them once and Dean Snell himself came on the line. I think it’s a fantastic ball by a legendary designer and reasonably priced. I believe they have yellow.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • StonewalledStonewalled  1567Members Posts: 1,567
    Joined:  #518

    @Tony B said:

    Lol.. yup.. I've also had an affinity for all things PING the last few years... iE1s were not the prettiest, but man they worked well. I wanted to jump right to the i210s, but there was not a big enough difference between the i200 and i210 for me to pull the trigger, and I found a great deal on a used set of i200 in my specs, with PUREd shafts.. so worked out well enough.. as I considered the move to graphite shafts to help ward off my tendonitis issues, Mizuno came into the picture given the no upcharge shaft options, and the fact that the fitter I work with often deals in Mizuno as well.

    To be honest, I've also considered moving to a 6h as well, putting 4 hybrids in my bag (yes, y'all heard that right!). Jeez, I'm only 47, hit my 7i 160-165 carry, driver 230-240 carry, you wouldn't think I'd consider a 5hy let alone a 6hy.. but **** works well for many LPGA players.. if it gives you the right trajectory, spin, and stopping power.. go with what works! It was hard enough finding a used 5 hybrid to try out in a stiff shaft though, so doubt I'll try the 6hy experiment anytime soon. Not sure I can even get a 6h in stiff, unless its a special order or pay for a re-shaft.. and I do like having 1 club I can keep pretty low to the ground for punch outs and such... so probably stay where I'm at with G-6i then move into hybrids and a 16 degree 3 wood.

    Back to our regularly scheduled program... Forgiveness... I didn't notice a lot of difference in forgiveness between iE1 and i200. Actually they played extremely similarly, just got a touch more height and distance with the i200 which was an improvement, but not by all that much. Kept the i200 in the bag because I liked the feel a little better, and felt the gapping and consistency was a little better... If blindfolded, I could have easily swapped them in and out of my bag though, without knowing which was which unless I hit them side by side.

    HMP is different. Feel is hotter off the face when well struck (which I love), and they also let you know when you miss the center.. but it's not as harsh or penalizing as a blade... They are noticeably more forgiving than the i200 in my opinion. My miss is generally out on the toe, or thin... toe shots keep considerably more ball speed and distance with the HMPs vs the i200s. Thin shots hardly lose anything at all with the HMPs... so I think thin shot forgiveness is better on HMP as well...

    The other difference I notice though, are that my mishits (toe or thin) with the HMPs have a lower trajectory than my same misses with the i200s. This may sound odd, but I feel like my mis-hits with the HMP or shots out of gnarly thick lies have more of a trajectory I would expect, but still roll out and/or end up pretty close to the distances I was playing.. where the i200s when I missed or had horrible thick rough lies, would look ok, but come up quite a bit more short than I would have liked... it's what I expected, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I get away with those shots more with the HMP than the i200s..

    I suspect the lower lofts and touch less spin are creating the trajectory differences in mis hits on the HMP. Or maybe it's just that as I make the adjustment to the longer distances, I'm perceiving that as forgiveness, as I continue to adjust to my new numbers... can't say for sure but not sure I care either lol... At first it bothered me seeing the lower looking shots when I missed, but the more I end up pin high anyway, the less I cared! I'm also finding the HMPs to be much more consistent in both well struck shots and misses. If I miss with the HMPs, the misses always react the same.. low, but forgiven distance wise... misses with the i200s, well some times they would work out, sometimes short... well struck shots are also more consistent distance wise with the HMPs... now not night and day difference from the i200 mind you, but it's enough to notice that I can hit the same number more consistently with the HMPs than my i200s...

    I've played around almost daily for about a month or so now on my Skytrak comparing HMPs to my i200s, using various clubs, and doing the bag mapping feature with both.. HMPs keep coming out on top...
    wouldn't keep the HMPs in my bag if they didn't. If I could get maybe 300-500 more RPM of spin in the 6i/7i I would say they are perfect... I might be able to get that by switching balls, so that's my next quest... Playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour right now, and love the feel.. but they are a little lower spin due to low compression.. ProV1s give me what I need in regards to the Spin i'm looking for but, want something softer, and refuse to pay the price. Going to give the Srixon Z-Stars a more thorough look next season.. my requirements are Soft - Yellow - Low driver spin - under $30 a dozen. Z-Star might meet that during the buy 3-get 1 free or buy one get one free sales through Srixon in the spring.. then i'll stock up :)

    Well done again Sir...

    WE seem to have had alot of similar experiences, I found a set of i210's off a member with pured steelfiber i110 in reg flex, deal was too good to pass up. I prefer Stiff flex SFibers though, I blamed my poor mid iron shots on the shafts, so they had to go. [probably my poor assed swing] I have a few years on you Tony so I am with you on the benefits of the graphite shafts. I really liked the i200's, as I had mentioned they were my best set last year, sounds like the HMP's are even better in most regards. Was worried about the loss of spin with the HMP's vs a non low spin iron, on distances and stopping power. Never thought about finding the right ball to raise the spin levels, great idea.

    I went in to try a few more swings with the HMP's and few others yesterday, I was not doing very well with the HNP's, Jpx forged, AP3, Epic pro, P790, apex etc. They had a few other irons in the demo bag, one was the apex pro, it hit really well for me yesterday, but the 2018 X Forged with the 6.0 shaft was killing it for me. Had similar distance numbers to all the distance irons but had the ultimate soft feel of a truly forged head. I had tried it the previous time in and had decent results, when they first came out i had them on the counter ready to purchase but backed away from them. Had the 2011 models in the garage. Kinda thinking really hard about these at the moment.

    A fellow I know who is surrounded by golf equipment on a daily basis was singing the HMB benefits, he rarely purchases clubs for himself but is going to put up his own cash for a set of these. Might be an expensive fall for me, X Forged, HMB's and HMP's, wouldn't be the first time I had to scratch an itch. lol.

    Posted:
  • YzmerfYzmerf  693Members Posts: 693
    Joined:  edited Oct 7, 2019 12:28am #519

    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Tensei Blue
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana Blue
    Titleist TS2 19 hybrid 19 Diamana Red
    Mizuno JPX 919HMP 4-pw Recoil 95 
    TaylorMade MG 50-09
    TaylorMade MG 54-11
    TaylorMade MG 58-11
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4
    TP5

  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy Mass 1099Members Posts: 1,099
    Joined:  #520

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru  2105ClubWRX Posts: 2,105
    Joined:  #521

    I have both the hmp and hmb. The hmb set is 1 strong and I’m consistently hitting the hmb farther (1 strong is still 1 weak to the pro). About 5-8 yards per club up to 8 iron then they are about the same. Now I do have recoils in the hmb and c taper lite in the hmp, but in the sim I’m generating the same speeds. A bit more spin and launch with hmb, 155-158 carry w 7 iron compared to 145-150. FWIW that plus the looks I have hmb in the bag.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Driver
    TaylorMade M4 HL Fwy
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 Hyb
    Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4-pw Irons
    Ping Glide 3.0 Wedges
    Mannkrafted Putters
    Bridgestone ball, Mizuno / Sun Mntn Bag
  • YzmerfYzmerf  693Members Posts: 693
    Joined:  #522

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    I’m really looking forward to playing with them. I also got them bent 1 degree flat. It’s really nice to have a club that has some forgivenesses in it that isn’t designed to just go left. Looking down and seeing some mass as well as almost no offset is very refreshing.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Tensei Blue
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana Blue
    Titleist TS2 19 hybrid 19 Diamana Red
    Mizuno JPX 919HMP 4-pw Recoil 95 
    TaylorMade MG 50-09
    TaylorMade MG 54-11
    TaylorMade MG 58-11
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4
    TP5

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy Mass 1099Members Posts: 1,099
    Joined:  #523

    @Yzmerf said:

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    I’m really looking forward to playing with them. I also got them bent 1 degree flat. It’s really nice to have a club that has some forgivenesses in it that isn’t designed to just go left. Looking down and seeing some mass as well as almost no offset is very refreshing.

    The lack of offset took 2 rounds to get used to but as someone whose miss is a hook these have helped out alot

    Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • Tony BTony B  189Members Posts: 189
    Joined:  #524

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    I’m really looking forward to playing with them. I also got them bent 1 degree flat. It’s really nice to have a club that has some forgivenesses in it that isn’t designed to just go left. Looking down and seeing some mass as well as almost no offset is very refreshing.

    The lack of offset took 2 rounds to get used to but as someone whose miss is a hook these have helped out alot

    Same here. Even though the offset on the HMPs is similar to my i200s> @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    I’m really looking forward to playing with them. I also got them bent 1 degree flat. It’s really nice to have a club that has some forgivenesses in it that isn’t designed to just go left. Looking down and seeing some mass as well as almost no offset is very refreshing.

    The lack of offset took 2 rounds to get used to but as someone whose miss is a hook these have helped out alot

    Agree here as well.. although the offset on my i200s is actually slightly less than the HMPs if i'm looking at the specs, my draw is significantly decreased with the HMPs. Small 1-2 yard draws instead of 15yrd draws... The bounce is significantly less on the HMPs though, so perhaps that is playing more of a factor than the offset. As a sweeper, the reduced bounce is probably helpful for me.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
    Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
    Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
    Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
    Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"
  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy Mass 1099Members Posts: 1,099
    Joined:  #525

    @Tony B said:

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    I’m really looking forward to playing with them. I also got them bent 1 degree flat. It’s really nice to have a club that has some forgivenesses in it that isn’t designed to just go left. Looking down and seeing some mass as well as almost no offset is very refreshing.

    The lack of offset took 2 rounds to get used to but as someone whose miss is a hook these have helped out alot

    Same here. Even though the offset on the HMPs is similar to my i200s> @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:

    @cbbaron said:

    @Yzmerf said:
    On a whim went by the local little golf shop and they happened to be doing a Mizuno fitting event. I had been going back and forth on whether or not I really needed new irons, but really wanted to try something in graphite to absorb some wear and tear. The fitting day meant they were taking an extra 10% off so I couldn’t help myself. Especially with no upcharge for the recoil or mcc+4 aligns. Should be here in about 10 days. Only question now is what wedges to go with.

    You're going to love them

    I’m really looking forward to playing with them. I also got them bent 1 degree flat. It’s really nice to have a club that has some forgivenesses in it that isn’t designed to just go left. Looking down and seeing some mass as well as almost no offset is very refreshing.

    The lack of offset took 2 rounds to get used to but as someone whose miss is a hook these have helped out alot

    Agree here as well.. although the offset on my i200s is actually slightly less than the HMPs if i'm looking at the specs, my draw is significantly decreased with the HMPs. Small 1-2 yard draws instead of 15yrd draws... The bounce is significantly less on the HMPs though, so perhaps that is playing more of a factor than the offset. As a sweeper, the reduced bounce is probably helpful for me.

    Same here went from I 200s to HMP also a sweeper the lower bounce has helped me as well

    Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • CrankensteinCrankenstein  26Members Posts: 26
    Joined:  #526

    @Orlandogolfguru said:
    I have both the hmp and hmb. The hmb set is 1 strong and I’m consistently hitting the hmb farther (1 strong is still 1 weak to the pro). About 5-8 yards per club up to 8 iron then they are about the same. Now I do have recoils in the hmb ...”

    Which recoils guru? And were they an upcharge?

    Posted:
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru  2105ClubWRX Posts: 2,105
    Joined:  #527

    @Crankenstein said:

    @Orlandogolfguru said:
    I have both the hmp and hmb. The hmb set is 1 strong and I’m consistently hitting the hmb farther (1 strong is still 1 weak to the pro). About 5-8 yards per club up to 8 iron then they are about the same. Now I do have recoils in the hmb ...”

    Which recoils guru? And were they an upcharge?

    recoils are no upcharge this year for mizuno. i have 95s in f3 irons and f4 wedges.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Driver
    TaylorMade M4 HL Fwy
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 Hyb
    Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4-pw Irons
    Ping Glide 3.0 Wedges
    Mannkrafted Putters
    Bridgestone ball, Mizuno / Sun Mntn Bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hammer22Hammer22  580Members Posts: 580
    Joined:  edited Oct 8, 2019 10:10pm #528

    @Crankenstein said:
    Which recoils guru? And were they an upcharge?

    This has been posted many times about the MP-20 shaft additions, and is easy to find on the web:

    Posted:
    nflam-button.png
  • CrankensteinCrankenstein  26Members Posts: 26
    Joined:  #529

    Don’t see guru’s 95s there... just the lighter ESX models

    Posted:
  • eastrivereastriver Vermont 79Members Posts: 79
    Joined:  #530

    better list on the European site. Look under Custom Shafts: Irons & Wedges
    https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/custom-fit/custom-specs/

    Posted:
  • CrankensteinCrankenstein  26Members Posts: 26
    Joined:  #531

    I see it there thanks! So what’s better... the recoil 95s or steelfiber 95s...? Looking for mid-high launch

    Posted:
  • Tony BTony B  189Members Posts: 189
    Joined:  #532

    @Crankenstein said:
    I see it there thanks! So what’s better... the recoil 95s or steelfiber 95s...? Looking for mid-high launch

    Recoils. Steel Fibers play stiffer for sure.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
    Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
    Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
    Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
    Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • IDrive300FsportIDrive300Fsport Alpine,UT 112ClubWRX Posts: 112
    Joined:  #533

    @Crankenstein said:
    I see it there thanks! So what’s better... the recoil 95s or steelfiber 95s...? Looking for mid-high launch

    I went with recoils. It felt a lot better then the steel fibers. But that’s just opinion

    Posted:
  • YzmerfYzmerf  693Members Posts: 693
    Joined:  #534

    @IDrive300Fsport said:

    @Crankenstein said:
    I see it there thanks! So what’s better... the recoil 95s or steelfiber 95s...? Looking for mid-high launch

    I went with recoils. It felt a lot better then the steel fibers. But that’s just opinion

    I had the same opinion

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Tensei Blue
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana Blue
    Titleist TS2 19 hybrid 19 Diamana Red
    Mizuno JPX 919HMP 4-pw Recoil 95 
    TaylorMade MG 50-09
    TaylorMade MG 54-11
    TaylorMade MG 58-11
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4
    TP5

  • Tony BTony B  189Members Posts: 189
    Joined:  #535

    @Yzmerf said:

    @IDrive300Fsport said:

    @Crankenstein said:
    I see it there thanks! So what’s better... the recoil 95s or steelfiber 95s...? Looking for mid-high launch

    I went with recoils. It felt a lot better then the steel fibers. But that’s just opinion

    I had the same opinion

    Same here. A lot of love for the steelfibers out there, but I am not a fan of the feel... too firm for me. Really like the Recoils

    Posted:
    Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
    Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
    Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
    Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
    Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"
  • CrankensteinCrankenstein  26Members Posts: 26
    Joined:  #536

    Yup great feel with the recoil in my HMPs. I’ll stick with ‘em when fitting for the new HMBs👍

    Posted:
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru  2105ClubWRX Posts: 2,105
    Joined:  #537

    recoils for sure - i have had both. SF just play a bit harsh compared to the recoils. not as smooth for my swing.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Driver
    TaylorMade M4 HL Fwy
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 Hyb
    Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4-pw Irons
    Ping Glide 3.0 Wedges
    Mannkrafted Putters
    Bridgestone ball, Mizuno / Sun Mntn Bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey  1905Members Posts: 1,905
    Joined:  #538

    Currently using Recoil 95 Prototypes and really like them.

    Previously tried Steelfiber i95 but found they were too stout for my swing (even softstepped stiff flex). Tried regular Recoil 95's in F4 and found them tooo soft. I find Recoil 95 Proto's to sit right in between regular recoil and steelfiber.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Pro White 
    Ping G410 17* hybrid 
    Ping G10 21* hybrid 
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    TM Hi Toe 54*
    TM Hi Toe 58*
    Bettinardi BB54
    WITB Link
  • YzmerfYzmerf  693Members Posts: 693
    Joined:  #539


    Debut tomorrow hopefully

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Tensei Blue
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana Blue
    Titleist TS2 19 hybrid 19 Diamana Red
    Mizuno JPX 919HMP 4-pw Recoil 95 
    TaylorMade MG 50-09
    TaylorMade MG 54-11
    TaylorMade MG 58-11
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4
    TP5

  • cavemeistercavemeister  1174Members Posts: 1,174
    Joined:  #540

    @Yzmerf said:

    Debut tomorrow hopefully

    Haha! they still have plastic on!

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 T1100 Evenflow 65x
    Exotics xcg4 3 wood ad di7 and xcg7 5 wood aldila 95x ram 7 wood x Srixon u65 2 ad di105x or UDI 2 iron 130x c-taper
    3-sw, wilson ci11 c-taper 130x
    12* sldr (set at 11*) Nunchuk 44.5, 12* or M2 10.5 6.2 x speeder tour issue shaft, cobra king ltd pro 60x rogue
    Exotics xcg4 3 wood ad di7 and xcg7 5 wood aldila 95x ram 7 wood x
    srixon u65 2, 3, ad di105x, u65 4, 5 modus3 120x
    Mizuno jpx pro 7-pw, aw x100
    3,5 iron wilson ci11 ctaper 130x
    54 60, 64 cg16 wedges x100
    Japanese stripe spider
    Chrome +/ b330s ball
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1874Members Posts: 1,874
    Joined:  #541

    Well I'm finally going to retire my JPX900 forged at the end of the year. I really fancy the HMP, mainly because of the fact the black paint fill will match (to some extent) the HMB 3 iron.

    I wondered though what the wear is like on the paint fill after a few rounds? Does it hold up well? And not having the white numbers on the sole is unusual but has anyone noticed it?

    Next big decision is grips and wedges. I've used NDMCs for years...fancy the plus 4s but feedback from other members is that since changing to the plus 4s shots hang out to the right.

    Posted:
19

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file