Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

1131415161719»

Comments

• MyShortGameSucksMyShortGameSucks His doesn't....  1384Members Posts: 1,384

I have HMP now. Moved from a JPX 900 Forged/Tour combo set. Been very happy with them. Yes the feel is nowhere near that of the Forged let alone the Tour models but you get used to it and the forgiveness and ok look at address more than makes up for that. The paint fill has held up fine and that includes hitting a bunch of shots of mats.

One thing I will say - if you are looking to buy the HMP, go hit the Titleist T200 irons. I am really impressed with them and to me they provided similar forgiveness and length to HMP with better, softer f feel and a more attractive look at address (albeit with more offset than HMP)

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5 deg, Evenflow White S
    Titleist TS3 15 deg, Diamana S+ 80x
    Titleist 816H1 19 deg, Fuji 88H
    Titleist 816H2 23 deg, Fuji 88H
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW, Nippon Modus 105x
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW, Nippon Modus 105x
    Mizuno S18, 54 deg  Nippon Modus 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60 deg K, Nippon Modus 120s
    SC Golo 5 / SC Notchback
    Titleist AVX
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scottazscottaz  1939ClubWRX Posts: 1,939

I wondered though what the wear is like on the paint fill after a few rounds? Does it hold up well? And not having the white numbers on the sole is unusual but has anyone noticed it?

50+ rounds in with mine. If you look real hard, you can see a very thin line at the bottom of the 8. The rest all looks as it did day 1.

Posted:
  • Tony BTony B  189Members Posts: 189

@MyShortGameSucks said:
    I have HMP now. Moved from a JPX 900 Forged/Tour combo set. Been very happy with them. Yes the feel is nowhere near that of the Forged let alone the Tour models but you get used to it and the forgiveness and ok look at address more than makes up for that. The paint fill has held up fine and that includes hitting a bunch of shots of mats.

One thing I will say - if you are looking to buy the HMP, go hit the Titleist T200 irons. I am really impressed with them and to me they provided similar forgiveness and length to HMP with better, softer f feel and a more attractive look at address (albeit with more offset than HMP)

Agree.. my HMPs have held up extremely well. Have about 2 months of 3-5 day per week golf on them, and many more reps on the mat indoors. No sign of the paintfill wearing off... and they shine back up to like new with a wipedown. Love the forgiveness and minimal offset.

I haven't hit the T200s but I really liked the feel of the AP3s when comparing them to the HMPs in late summer... Some don't like the feel of the AP3 but I thought they were great. What I didn't like was the loft progression into the wedges on the Titleist compared to the HMPs. Although the lofts are about the same in the long to mid irons, when you get to the PW, the Mizuno HMPs get the loft of the pitching wedge to a more reasonable 45 degress, instead of 43 on the AP3 and the T200s, which means adding a 2nd PW at 48 degrees for the Titleist... going Mizuno keeps my current loft progression I like in the wedges as 45 PW, 50 gap, 55 sand, 60 lob.

Posted:
    Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
    Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
    Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
    Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
    Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
    Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC  2441ClubWRX Posts: 2,441

+1. The 43 degree wedge is a turnoff. I don’t see the value in it. At least at 45 you can stick to a 50, 54 and 58 degree lineup if you want. Guess you always could weaken the 43 to a 45, but that creates other gapping issues.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • MyShortGameSucksMyShortGameSucks His doesn't....  1384Members Posts: 1,384

I totally hear you all re the T200 lofts. That was my initial reaction when my son got fitted into them. A 43 deg PW - no f-ing way. Turns out the distance on the irons is not that dissimilar to his previous 45 deg JPX919 PW but the flight and spin is way more manageable and consistent. His PW still goes 130-135. Seriously with the 48 deg T200 GW and then 2 Vokeys (54 and 60) it all works great. I would say keep an open mind and don't look at the lofts :)

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5 deg, Evenflow White S
    Titleist TS3 15 deg, Diamana S+ 80x
    Titleist 816H1 19 deg, Fuji 88H
    Titleist 816H2 23 deg, Fuji 88H
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW, Nippon Modus 105x
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW, Nippon Modus 105x
    Mizuno S18, 54 deg  Nippon Modus 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60 deg K, Nippon Modus 120s
    SC Golo 5 / SC Notchback
    Titleist AVX
  • CrankensteinCrankenstein  26Members Posts: 26

Took my HMP gamers into a fitting for the shiny new HMBs and to be honest.... I preferred my own! More forgiving, longer, and better FEEL on most strikes.
    TRY before you BUY

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file