Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

Comments

• nic19nic19 Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Those are the ones. Hope the HM Pro look like this
  • SFargoSFargo Members Posts: 7
    edited Oct 22, 2018 #64
    Here’s a good clue in a description I found of the 919 Hot Metal. See the last sentence.

“A benchmark in iron design - the JPX919 Hot Metal combines an incredible balance of launch speed and soft, controllable landing angles. The use of a high strength Chromoly 4140M and seamless cup face construction produces the highest ball speed from any Mizuno iron. Mizuno's new stability frame ensures that each iron within the set produces the correct flight apex - with landing angles steep enough to control shots into the green. A smaller 'Pro' version with reduced offset will offer Chromoly ball speed and performance to players with a more traditional eye.”

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/mizuno-jpx-919-hot-metal-4-gw-iron-set-w/-project-x-steel-shafts/2000000000183.html
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,563 ✭✭
    Mizuno seems to be making a run for it. They have a lot of stuff out these days. woods, hybrids, 6-7 sets of irons, wedges... etc.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    So it's basically a CF16.
    Long Live Nike
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,896 ✭✭
    nic19 wrote:

Those are the ones. Hope the HM Pro look like this

The heads in those pics are forged.

Highly doubt the HM Pros are that head. As mentioned earlier, more likely a slimmed down version of HM, similarly badged.

If they were forged I'd think there would be too much overlap with 919 forged. I'd also expect that being cast the price point will be closer to regular HM than to the forged.
  • MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, CaliforniaClubWRX Posts: 424 ClubWRX
    nic19 wrote:

Saw the 919 pros on Tourspec website. Imagine the HM pro will be similar

Link?
    i'm playing nike everything till i'm not
  • jonfleshjonflesh Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Like the look. Very interested. Anyone know if they are coming in lefty?
  • DfwgolfdudeDfwgolfdude Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Very cool looking
    My bag
    http://www.golfwrx.c...2-my-mixed-bag/

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Driver - [/font]Callaway[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Epic SZ - 9*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic- Stiff - Super Stroke grips all around and Pured[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 3 Wood - Titleist TS2 - 15* set to D1 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic - Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 2 Hybrid - Ping G400 - 17*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic- Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 4 Hybrid - Cobra F7 - 20.5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stock for now but will upgrade shortly[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Irons - [/font]Callaway[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Apex 5 - GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nippon NS Pro Modus - Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Wedges - [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Vokey SM6 52* 56* 60* - Black[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Putter - [/font]Taylormade[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Mini Spider[/font]
  • jetmech879jetmech879 Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭
    I heard they were going to be a hollow design similar to the p790 and T-MB. I'm so excited to see what they actually look like.
    Tmag M3 440 9° Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Tmag M1 2017 TI 16° 3HL Aldila Xtorsion Green 85TX
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-hi 18° GD Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-PW PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F PX6.5. 54S & 59D PX6.0
    Mizuno MP-A308 or Odyssey O-works T3 Black
    Titleist 2017 or 2019 Pro-V1
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,214 ✭✭
    I need the 3 Iron of this in my life!
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • Natural1Natural1 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Anyone know when pics and info will be released? Really looking forward to seeing these.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,330 ClubWRX
    Natural1 wrote:

Anyone know when pics and info will be released? Really looking forward to seeing these.

Mizuno does not leak too much, too early. These and the JPX Fli Hi are slated for February, doubt we see a lot prior to that.
    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • DBakeDBake Members Posts: 965 ✭✭
    Any chance the pro will match the lofts of the tour line? If so, 3-5 Pro, 6-PW Tour coming my way.
    Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 75X
    Ping Crossover G 17*, Ping Tour 90X
    [background=transparent]Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dyn[/background]amic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*7, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

[background=transparent][background=transparent]Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400[/background][/background]

[background=transparent]Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400[/background]

Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop, SuperStroke Fatso 5.0
    Titleist ProV1x or Snell MTB Red
  • jetmech879jetmech879 Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

nic19 wrote:

Has anyone actually seen these?

It looks exactly like the hot metal but smaller head, thinner sole, thinner topline, and less offset.

So the HM pro is basically the 919F but made of the cromalloy instead of being forged? If they make a iron around 18° it will be in the bag!!!
    Tmag M3 440 9° Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Tmag M1 2017 TI 16° 3HL Aldila Xtorsion Green 85TX
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-hi 18° GD Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-PW PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F PX6.5. 54S & 59D PX6.0
    Mizuno MP-A308 or Odyssey O-works T3 Black
    Titleist 2017 or 2019 Pro-V1
  • silver504silver504 Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    looking forward to these.
  • KParksKParks Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    jetmech879 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

nic19 wrote:

It looks exactly like the hot metal but smaller head, thinner sole, thinner topline, and less offset.

So the HM pro is basically the 919F but made of the cromalloy instead of being forged? If they make a iron around 18° it will be in the bag!!!

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what the difference and market space is then between the Hot Metal and the Forged?

Looking at getting some new irons in the next couple of months and just chomping at the bit for more info on these (and the g410...) since they are both in the range of things that I've been considering on the game improvement / players borderline.
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    jetmech879 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

nic19 wrote:

My bet is that HM Pro will still be larger than the Forged - more of a slimmed down version of the HM and more distance than Forged. I plan on looking at the 4i.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • hardtenhardten Members Posts: 3,608 ✭✭
    jetmech879 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

nic19 wrote:

Agree. Without seeing the HM Pro and 919 Forged next to each other and of course hitting them why make both. Maybe the HM Pros have stronger lofts and cost less than the 919 Forged . Other than that why would one not prefer forged of ,and that is IF,the profiles are similiar.
  • doublehansdoublehans Members Posts: 642 ✭✭
    hardten wrote:

jetmech879 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

nic19 wrote:

Agree. Without seeing the HM Pro and 919 Forged next to each other and of course hitting them why make both. Maybe the HM Pros have stronger lofts and cost less than the 919 Forged . Other than that why would one not prefer forged of ,and that is IF,the profiles are similiar.

Because the construction will be different, so even if profiles are similar at address, HM Pro would be longer and likely more forgiving.
  • jasonTeI3jasonTeI3 Members Posts: 541 ✭✭
    The thought of a slightly smaller/less offset/narrower sole version of the 919 Hot Metal is the only thing holding me back from buying the ones that are out now. I know that’s basically the 919 Forged but.....
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120
    Man wish I had known these were coming out. I hadn’t perused GolfWRX in quite along time, because every time I do it costs me money. On a whim last month I decided to go get fitted for some new irons since my 8 year old Scratch EZ’s are starting to show a lot of wear. I knew I wanted Mizuno’s since I didn’t want to give up the feel of a nice forged club. I ended up settling on 919F’s because I just didn’t like the chunky look of the HM’s. But if I had know they were coming out with a sleeker looking HM, that would have been money. I could always use a little more toe to heel forgiveness bit like a thin top line and sole. Oh well may end up with another set of Mizuno’s come February....**** you GolfWRX!!!
  • KParksKParks Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    It sounds like some people are getting see the heads of these? Any one that has been able to have any thoughts about where they sit size / style wise? Presumably between the normal Hot Metals and the Forged?
  • EHolmEHolm Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    KParks wrote:

It sounds like some people are getting see the heads of these? Any one that has been able to have any thoughts about where they sit size / style wise? Presumably between the normal Hot Metals and the Forged?

Its just a hair bigger than the Forged, but same design as the regular HM. Slimmer sole and topline with less offset. Really like the idea of less offset in a GI iron as well
    PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
    TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
    TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
    TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
    Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
    Odyssey Lucky 777 SB
  • hardtenhardten Members Posts: 3,608 ✭✭
    doublehans wrote:

hardten wrote:

jetmech879 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

nic19 wrote:

Because the construction will be different, so even if profiles are similar at address, HM Pro would be longer and likely more forgiving.

Well in that case it's an easy choice for this old dude! Give me the HM Pro.
  • Cheesehead42Cheesehead42 Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
    Are they a slimmer, forged version of the 919 HM's or are they cast?

Please say forged....... �
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font]
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,653 ✭✭
    The HM Pro is HM material so they are cast.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • reider69reider69 Members Posts: 615 ✭✭
    These would really be interesting if they were smaller and more player like than the forged. The forged are super hot and forgiving so a club about the same size is redundant unless the ball speed numbers are much higher which I doubt will be the case.
    Mizuno ST190 - Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,606 ✭✭
    Interesting I wonder why they havent done a Forged body iron with a HD forged or HM face? Something similiar to the CF16
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 369 ✭✭
    ssfranny wrote:

Interesting I wonder why they havent done a Forged body iron with a HD forged or HM face? Something similiar to the CF16

It is strange seeing that Cobra has already done it with their Forged Tec Black irons. (forged body with a chromoly face insert)

Im sure Mizzy has something in their upcoming arsenal
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5