Early morning golf

1235»

Comments

• I love the early morning rounds. Often play at 6am on a Sunday, love the empty roads on the drive to the course, feels like the best part of the day
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,643 ✭✭
    Deer Island Country Club - Tavares, FL

Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • golfjamgolfjam Members Posts: 533 ✭✭
    Early morning is my preferred tee time. Normally I go out 1st or 2nd tee time and finish in 3hrs walking. We play as 4some and play fast. It's the only way if you want to avoid 6hrs rounds in Los Angeles munis.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Fuji Speeder Evo IV 757 X
    Callaway XR16 15 Fuji Speeder TS 7.2 S
    Ping G 17.5 Proforce V2 70 X
    Mizuno 919 HM Pro 4-9 C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno S18 46/50/55/60 X100
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

• Early morning golf is only beaten by late evening golf, especially on a Friday.

I agree. I like late afternoon rounds just as much as being the first tee time of the day. Prefer the early rounds during the summer to avoid the heat and crowds. Only downside is it's almost always wet in the mornings here because of how high our humidity is. That makes the dew take awhile to dry up too.
  • greggreg Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Used to play early all the time, started playing in the afternoons when I figured out it wasn't as wet. ;-) But, I try to play during the week when there is less traffic.
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,643 ✭✭
    Casselberry Golf Club - Casselberry, FL

Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • LuvpingsLuvpings Members Posts: 1
    I luv the idea of early golf. But I hate the reality of early golf. Here in South Texas, we have pretty high humidity most mornings so lots of dew. Everything (shoes, gloves, towels, clothes) gets soggy and covered with grass clippings and sand. Everything finally dries off about the time you tee off on 18. Then there is the maintenance crew that seems to have a knack of keeping just 1/2 hole ahead of you. Give me the 100*, low-humidity and a dry course every time. No doubt I play better in the afternoons...somehow my mind does not equate a beeping alarm clock with pending fun. Plus twilight rates! And just so you know, sunsets are just as nice as sunrises!
  • msh134msh134 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Could not resist posting this pic. A few of us got the first tee time this morning at a local course...teed off at 6:37 AM....sunrise was at 6:36 so when we got out into the first fairway, this was the scene behind us looking back to the pro shop.

25ZjB69.jpg

We played efficiently and never saw anyone else until we were finished.....18 holes in 3 hours 15 minutes..... I LOVE morning golf!! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    we do this every Sunday morning in season usually play a 4 some in 3 1/2 hours
  • The Real PacmanThe Real Pacman Members Posts: 77 ✭✭

Thats awesome! I tend to play afternoons most of the time, but the occasional early morning round is a nice change of pace for me.

• Kevlar10Kevlar10 Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

I play the local course near my house and know the course manager. A few years ago, he told me to just stop in after I’m done and pay. I started playing just as the sun is coming up and I walk, sometimes as early as 5:30. When I play as a single, I’m done in under 3 hours and home for breakfast before the rest of the family is up. It is so relaxing. Like a previous poster said though, the course is usually wet, so after a few wet footed rounds, I got waterproof shoes. The other issue I run into is foggy mornings, so my first couple shots need to be straight. If anyone in Northwest New Jersey wants to play, I’d alway welcome a partner.
    I also play near Charleston during the summer for a week or two and it’s best to get out before the heat and humidity rear their ugly heads.

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

I like it. I also like fishing...so I'm a morning guy. My only issue now is that my body (knees mainly) aren't ready to go early in the mornings...

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 Members Posts: 779 ✭✭

I'm the odd man out I guess... I like being up early and getting work done before the emails start flowing in--Many days I can get a solid 9 hours of work done by mid-afternoon having started before 6. That allows me to play in the afternoon--when I prefer to play.

I simply cannot do anything active early in the morning. I wake up dehydrated and stiff and no matter what I do... It takes me what feels like forever to get ready to go.

GO DAWGS
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,210 ✭✭

There is something magical about early morning golf. It is like walking out on new fallen snow.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,363 ✭✭

A muggy 41° and breezy. Here I come morning golf

• Higgs66Higgs66 Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

3 hours 15 minutes.. Seems rushed I'm not a morning person either. Give me a leisurely 4.5 hour round mid afternoon, followed by a beer and a burger :)

1235»