2019 Cameron putters

Comments

• Coonracing18Coonracing18 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Anyone know what year the Newport’s started with inserts? I’ve owned several of both styles over the years but can’t remember exactly when that change happened.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭

Anyone know what year the Newport's started with inserts? I've owned several of both styles over the years but can't remember exactly when that change happened.

Teryllium started in '97.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • DaltonCDaltonC Member since 2007 Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Snagged an 08 Circa 62 #3 untouched...

Where is Scotty and these type of putters these days?
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Hank Haney IJGA 2009 Alumni
    2016 Member Guest Horse Race Winner, Chip in to win video: https://www.youtube....h?v=-jBkzFygfSw

TM M2 Woods
    TM PSi Irons
    TM TP Wedges, 52, 58
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    YES! Callie Forged
    TM Tour Preferred Ball
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,442 ✭✭
    edited Dec 9, 2018 #65

Anyone know what year the Newport’s started with inserts? I’ve owned several of both styles over the years but can’t remember exactly when that change happened.

1997-99 teryllium inserts

2005-08 GSS inserts

2016-present current 303 stainless with the tape backing

• BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭
    edited Dec 9, 2018 #66
    Scotty1140 wrote:

Anyone know what year the Newport's started with inserts? I've owned several of both styles over the years but can't remember exactly when that change happened.

2005-08 GSS inserts

The only putters with the GSS inserts were the Studio Styles if I remember correctly
    Yadi for President
  • BlazerrcBlazerrc Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    DaltonC wrote:

Snagged an 08 Circa 62 #3 untouched...

Where is Scotty and these type of putters these days?

Amazing pickup congrats!
    BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

2005-08 GSS inserts

The only putters with the GSS inserts were the Studio Styles if I remember correctly

And they’re were the current putter line from 2005 until the Studio Selects were released in 2008 if I’m remembering the dates correctly.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    Kevin Burns 9306
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    Konklifer wrote:

Was this linking to something other than the 2017 line earlier?
  • Coonracing18Coonracing18 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

2005-08 GSS inserts

What was 99-04 and 09-15?
    DRRicks wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

This answers any questions about non-tour Camerons, including when he first offered inserts.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    Kevin Burns 9306
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120
    I would love to see a carbon line of putters with changeable weights. But I’m sure that will never happen. Guess I’ll keep playing my old Scotty’s
    Konklifer wrote:

DRRicks wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

This answers any questions about non-tour Camerons, including when he first offered inserts.

Gotcha. I was hoping you’d found the 2019 url!
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 729 ✭✭
    edited Dec 16, 2018 #75
    I know I'm in the minority here but the best I have ever putted is with the 5S center shafted model. It's been literally game changing. I'd love to see an update on that but my guess is it'll be the year of the "tour hyped" slant necks. I know center shafted models are low on sales, but not enough companies come out with quality CS blade or mallet options...

EDIT: Oh, and I like the inserts SC has, but I've always been a fan of insert putters. I've grown used to the softer feel and actually struggle with distance control on a milled putter compared to one with an insert... go figure.
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • Mr. HoganMr. Hogan Members Posts: 1,344 ✭✭
    edited Dec 16, 2018 #76
    golf_junky wrote:

I would love to see a carbon line of putters with changeable weights. But I’m sure that will never happen. Guess I’ll keep playing my old Scotty’s

I don't think we'll ever see an OTR carbon line from Cameron again. Too much risk of rust for the people who don't take care of putters. Rust = complaints to Cameron/Titleist.
    USGA - Unusually Stupid Governance Association
    BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

2005-08 GSS inserts

Red X series as well.
  • tangojaytangojay Members Posts: 928 ✭✭
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

golf_junky wrote:

I don't think we'll ever see an OTR carbon line from Cameron again. Too much risk of rust for the people who don't take care of putters. Rust = complaints to Cameron/Titleist.

I think 1,000's of people (including me) who would come back to Cameron if he made a "Classic" Carbon and stainless Steel Newport/Newport 2's , no weight , no inserts no gimmicks. Unfortunately now that FILA owns the brand I doubt any will return as OTR. If you want all Carbon or all Steel, need to pony up for a CT.
    Cameron won’t release an OTR’s in carbon anytime soon, if ever. Even if he did, people would still bit*h.
    Scotty1140 wrote:

Cameron won't release an OTR's in carbon anytime soon, if ever. Even if he did, people would still bit*h.

Much as I'd love it, Carbon aint back coming to OTR

I still hold out hope for some kinda of limited release, but even that I highly doubt
    Yadi for President
  • GolfGuitarsCarsGolfGuitarsCars Members Posts: 447 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

Cameron won't release an OTR's in carbon anytime soon, if ever. Even if he did, people would still bit*h.

I still hold out hope for some kinda of limited release, but even that I highly doubt

No need to bring them back. There are plenty of us who realized how good they were and have taken care of them.
    PING G30 SF Tec 12* (Set to + 1*)
    PING G SF Tec 5W
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*
    Taylormade Rescue Mid 22*
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54*/58*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec 34" 340g
    2016 PING Hoofer

BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

No need to bring them back. There are plenty of us who realized how good they were and have taken care of them.

I got a few in the rotation in good shape. It does take work/attention to keep them that way.

More is better LOL
    Yadi for President
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 1,988 ClubWRX

BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

exactly. Or you can have one redone ;-)
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron 009 Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag

BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

Who did the weights in that one? I have a Studio Stainless that I had Sllghter add some tungsten slugs to that has been my gamer lately. I also have a Oil Can Classic that if it weighed more would be in the rotation.
  • GolfGuitarsCarsGolfGuitarsCars Members Posts: 447 ✭✭

BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

The face milling on that thing is sweet. Also interest in who did the work.
    PING G30 SF Tec 12* (Set to + 1*)
    PING G SF Tec 5W
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*
    Taylormade Rescue Mid 22*
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54*/58*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec 34" 340g
    2016 PING Hoofer
    golf_junky wrote:

BYK wrote:

Scotty1140 wrote:

Who did the weights in that one? I have a Studio Stainless that I had Sllghter add some tungsten slugs to that has been my gamer lately. I also have a Oil Can Classic that if it weighed more would be in the rotation.

hey guys, this was sent to jrich at putter spa for rounding/tai, then to bastain milled for the face mill, topline, and weights, then back to the spa for stamps and finish - she is sweet!
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    More pics
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,230 ClubWRX
    Bettinardi seems to make carbon steel work.
    Taylormade M6 w/ATMOS black ts 6x
    Taylormade M5 3 wood w/HZRDUS black 75 6.5
    Taylormade p790 3-pw
    Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges
    Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
    bogeypro wrote:

Bettinardi seems to make carbon steel work.

Scotty could too, but that would cut into his custom putters such as 009’s and DelMar 3.5’s. Which I will say I do have some of each and if I could get a carbon DelMar 3.5 and Newport 1.5 OTR that weighed 350g or more I would probably sell all my tour putters.
  • NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    Which Scotty Cameron putter best suited for straight back and straight through putting stroke?
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
    Fairway Wood: Ryoma F3 and F5
    Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
    Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
    Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, 58
    Putter: Honma CB8055 since 1989
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

Backup/Benched
    Driver: Ping G20
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge EX10 Beta 4 wood GD Tour AD F
    Hybrid: Ping G400 4 hybrid
    Putter: S.C. Golo 3

Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993
    Ok....so getting back on topic, has anyone heard about refreshes for the 2019 line???