2019 Cameron putters

Comments

• Makuakane_BearMakuakane_Bear Members Posts: 783 ✭✭
    Love the look of that new Squareback 1.5. I see a trade in my future...
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G400 LST, 10.6*, Aldila X-Torsion Copper Mamba, 60S
    Ping G400,14.5*, Alta CB65S[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G410 Hybrid, 19*, Tour 85S / Cobra F6 Baffler, 17.5*, Matrix Red Tie 65Q4S
    Ping i200, (4-PW), DG S300
    Ping Glide Wedges-50* SS, 54*WS, 58*ES, DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Bettinardi BB1 Tiki Limited Run
    Srixon Z-Star [/font]
  • BogeyWorkmanBogeyWorkman Members Posts: 3
    Probably a dumb question but are new releases generally hard to come by? In the market for a new putter and hoping to get it shortly after the release on the 15th. Heading down south for a golf trip a few weeks after that.
  • MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe Members Posts: 1,332 ✭✭

Probably a dumb question but are new releases generally hard to come by? In the market for a new putter and hoping to get it shortly after the release on the 15th. Heading down south for a golf trip a few weeks after that.

No, on release day (and sometimes a day sooner) they'll be at all major golf shops.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 460 10.5* Fujikura Pro XLR8 56
    Titleist 818 H2 17* Tensei Blue 70
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei Blue 70
    Ping G400 4-UW AWT 2.0
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 WS AWT 2.0
    Ping Glide 2.0 58 WS AWT 2.0
    Odyssey O-Works Black 2W

• Walkerdb7Walkerdb7 Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    No chance for a Phantom X with a plumber's neck I assume?
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
    Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
    4i - G Crossover
    5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
    Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • bobcat88bobcat88 Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    All I'd be interested in is an X5 style head with a flow neck. I've heard everyone say the Justin Thomas style putter will never get to retail, but I just don't understand why. Would almost rather send my X5R to get the neck modded on it instead of waiting who knows how long. Definitely not dropping $3k+ for a CT one.
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCalMembers Posts: 394 ✭✭
    bobcat88 wrote:

All I'd be interested in is an X5 style head with a flow neck. I've heard everyone say the Justin Thomas style putter will never get to retail, but I just don't understand why. Would almost rather send my X5R to get the neck modded on it instead of waiting who knows how long. Definitely not dropping $3k+ for a CT one.

Don’t hold your breath. Get yours modded! I modded a newport into a centershaft cost $300 vs buying a $3-8K CT Newport centershaft.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-GD AD IZ 7S shaft
    Taylormade M6 3W-GD AD IZ 8S shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 58* C Grind
    Scotty Cameron modified Detour Newport 2 putter
    Scotty Cameron Black Mist Notchback Putter
    Titleist yellow ProV1X 
  • jhp612jhp612 Members Posts: 4
    love my newport. dont know how it would be improved upon but sure they'll think of a way!
  • Phillipsac18Phillipsac18 Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    FlyOver wrote:

bobcat88 wrote:

Don't hold your breath. Get yours modded! I modded a newport into a centershaft cost $300 vs buying a $3-8K CT Newport centershaft.

Agreed. If you want a flow neck get it modded. There are a lot of places that are mentioned in these forums that do an awesome job for a fraction of the cost of a CT. I had my 5w modded with a flow neck and it is fantastic.
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 627 ✭✭

FlyOver wrote:

bobcat88 wrote:

Don't hold your breath. Get yours modded! I modded a newport into a centershaft cost $300 vs buying a $3-8K CT Newport centershaft.

Agreed. If you want a flow neck get it modded. There are a lot of places that are mentioned in these forums that do an awesome job for a fraction of the cost of a CT. I had my 5w modded with a flow neck and it is fantastic.

I liked my X5 before but I absolutely love it since I had a flow neck added. I am as big of a putter hoe as the next guy, but I can honestly say this one will never be sold.
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,480 ✭✭
    I don’t get Cameron’s reluctance to release flow neck mallets.

I understand that the low bend shafts have that toe hang effect but still. They’re so popular right now and it seems like he’s the only one not taking advantage of it.

I get that to some extent he probably wants to “protect” his tour putter market/byers, but he’s missing out.

It took him a couple years to release anything and it was a limited. And the Select Squareback coming out is the smallest mallet he offers haha.
    Scotty1140 wrote:

I don’t get Cameron’s reluctance to release flow neck mallets.

I understand that the low bend shafts have that toe hang effect but still. They’re so popular right now and it seems like he’s the only one not taking advantage of it.

I get that to some extent he probably wants to “protect” his tour putter market/byers, but he’s missing out.

It took him a couple years to release anything and it was a limited. And the Select Squareback coming out is the smallest mallet he offers haha.

Yeah I dont know why he hasnt/wont release a flow neck mallet. Like you said, the low bend shaft is functionally similar to the flow neck but I really dont like the look of the low bend shaft. I think a large portion of those interested in a toe hang mallet agree with that.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,126 ✭✭
    edited Jan 25, 2019 6:15am #163
    He doesn’t want to **** those people off who paid 3k for a welded flow neck xr5 from the gallery.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    2016 TM M1 T3 12.5°
    TEE CBX 119 16° hybrid
    Cobra F9 4 Iron Ricke Special
    Miura CB57 5-PW
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    Odyssey Armlock

He doesn’t want to **** those people off who paid for a 3k welded flow neck xr5 from the gallery.

I think this is the only reason, and would a flow neck mallet really sell so much better vs the low bend shaft that it would be worth making those people angry? Probably not. So send it in to get a flow neck mod! Lol
    bobcat88 wrote:

My mod do you mean by Scotty or just send it to a third party?
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    4i - G Crossover
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,480 ✭✭
    Walkerdb7 wrote:

bobcat88 wrote:

Aftermarket.

Cameron won’t modify the neck.
    Scotty1140 wrote:

Walkerdb7 wrote:

bobcat88 wrote:

Aftermarket.

Cameron won't modify the neck.

Thanks. After a recent fitting, I was told it's amazing I make a put without a plumbers neck. Looks like it's the new Select or Concept X
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    4i - G Crossover
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • cota0429cota0429 ClubWRX Posts: 3,553 ClubWRX
    They need to make a retro line. Classic original NP2 with dots
    PING G400 LST Diamana LTD D+ 60 TX
    Callaway Rogue Diamana LTD D+ 80 TX
    Artisan VR Pro's by Mike Taylor X100 soft stepped TW Specs
    SM7 52F, 56M, Oven Green Dot Engage 60 TS
    TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/
  • NorbooNorboo Members Posts: 2,218 ✭✭
    I was told that S.C. will shy away from aluminum face inserts in the future.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
    Fairway Wood: Ryoma F3 and F5
    Hybrid: Ping G400 3 & 5
    Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
    Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50, 58
    Putter: Honma CB8055 since 1989
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

Backup/Benched
    Driver: Ping G20
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge EX10 Beta 4 wood GD Tour AD F
    Hybrid: Ping G400 4 hybrid
    Putter: S.C. Golo 3

Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,301 ✭✭
    Norboo wrote:

The sooner, the better. Like 6 years ago...
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • SlothofDespondSlothofDespond Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Norboo wrote:

Have the inserts been selling well compared to the older non-insert retail putters? I don’t think I see as many of his newer putters on the course as in the past but I could be wrong.
  • jmconnell4jmconnell4 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    bobcat88 wrote:

I dont understand why they dont send some of these to market too. Noticed JT is using a new phantom X5 at the Waste Management today with NO flow neck. I wonder if scotty will be welding him one up ASAP
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 2,020 ✭✭
    jmconnell4 wrote:
    bobcat88 wrote:

I dont understand why they dont send some of these to market too. Noticed JT is using a new phantom X5 at the Waste Management today with NO flow neck. I wonder if scotty will be welding him one up ASAP
    It is a flow neck. It’s a modified shaft.
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*/23*)
    Srixon Z785 (5-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #3
  • pcedenspcedens Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Kentsp1 wrote:

Any ideas? Would think a new line of mallet putters.

Puke
  • nickersonnickerson Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Anyone seen the Squareback 1.5 in person? What's the width of the sole?
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) • 10.5°
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) • 15°
    TaylorMade M1 Hybrid (2016)
    • 19°
    TaylorMade M1 • 4-5 • Nippon NS Pro 980
    TaylorMade P790 • 6-PW • Nippon NS Pro Modus 105
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Antique Bronze • 52° • True Temper Dynamic Gold

TaylorMade Milled Grind Antique Bronze • 56° • True Temper Dynamic Gold
    TaylorMade Tour Spider 'DJ'

Vice Pro - KSig - Srixon Z Star
  • GolfingDad44GolfingDad44 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    nickerson wrote:

Hmmmm... I rolled it today at a Golf Galaxy. It didn't seem any different than the current Squareback.
  • nickersonnickerson Members Posts: 107 ✭✭

nickerson wrote:

Hmmmm... I rolled it today at a Golf Galaxy. It didn't seem any different than the current Squareback.

Are there specs for that anywhere? I'm interested in knowing how the sole width compares to an Odyssey 1W S.
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) • 10.5°
    TaylorMade M2 (2016) • 15°
    TaylorMade M1 Hybrid (2016)
    • 19°
    TaylorMade M1 • 4-5 • Nippon NS Pro 980
    TaylorMade P790 • 6-PW • Nippon NS Pro Modus 105
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Antique Bronze • 52° • True Temper Dynamic Gold

TaylorMade Milled Grind Antique Bronze • 56° • True Temper Dynamic Gold
    TaylorMade Tour Spider 'DJ'

Vice Pro - KSig - Srixon Z Star
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members Posts: 292 ✭✭
    nickerson wrote:

nickerson wrote:

Are there specs for that anywhere? I'm interested in knowing how the sole width compares to an Odyssey 1W S.
    I had them both in hand side by side today and they were nearly identical in actual size. The black finish of the 1Ws made it appear to be smaller than the silver mist finished Squareback 1.5. Hope that helps..
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Taylormade M3 3HL Kuro Kage DC XT 80TX
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Srixon Z785 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 50 Mid, 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5
  • GolfingDad44GolfingDad44 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    nickerson wrote:

nickerson wrote:

No specs for head size here

https://www.scottycameron.com/putters/select/squareback-15/
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 783 ✭✭
    Has anyone had a chance to roll the Fastback 2? I like Mallets with the plumbers neck options.
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Titleist SM7 56.14F (55*) Project X LZ 120
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,680 ✭✭

Has anyone had a chance to roll the Fastback 2? I like Mallets with the plumbers neck options.

I have. It looks great. Feels like the other Select putters. The Fastback shape with plumbers neck is pure money! Got one on order with black Pistolero grip.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1