Spieth Facing Sanctions?

Comments

• ksgolfcoachksgolfcoach Director of Instruction at Firekeeper Golf Course Members Posts: 734 ✭✭

His penalty should be that he has to watch every Texas football game this season.

That’s seems a little excessive, they guy missed a tournament, he didn’t kill anyone!
  • ExTrumpetExTrumpet Members Posts: 473 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

Ya'll are missing the point. Dude has a VIP free Chipotle card!

The rich just get richer.

Hello, Id like a bowl with white rice, actually, make that brown rice.

And some chicken

More chicken, please. No, not that much!

Ok, black beans, no, wait! Pinto, wait, black, no, pinto!

Dang it, Jordan, just get the dang order right.

Ok, a little green sauce, thats too much! Dang it.

Sour cream?

What you think Greller?

This was prolly all dialogue with himself while reading the menu.
    Ping K15 10.5, Aldila NV65 X
    Titleist 904F, Aldila NV85 S
    Ping G20 17* Hybrid
    Ping K15 4 Hybrid
    Ping S56 5-W
    Ping Tour-S Rustique 50, 54
    Ping Glide ES 60
    Ping B60 BeCu
  • mjen43mjen43 Members Posts: 940 ✭✭
    Ferguson wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

Seems a little counter intuitive. The article I read said he would be suspended from 3 events. But they require you play at least 25 events? Wouldn't suspending him from 3 events next season make it much harder for him to enter 25 events? Who comes up with this s***?

A professional committee that's who.

Maybe Jordo's "life coach" (or someone of age in the entourage) should read the fine print and learn to count.

It’s funny because Jordo is the head of that professional committee. He runs the show on tour.
  • hdr_richdr_ric Members Posts: 1,469 ✭✭
    Jesus, the level of stupidity in this thread is amazing.

Bunch of people fail on reading comprehension. Another couple don’t appear aware of when the pga tour season starts/ends. And others can seem to add 23+1 correctly.

As to the OPs question, my guess is that spieth with pay some insignificant (for him) fine and/or add a new event or do the tour some other favor in the upcoming year. Regardless, it won’t be a big deal to him at all.
  • TServosTServos Members Posts: 416 ✭✭
    hdr_ric wrote:

Jesus, the level of stupidity in this thread is amazing.

Regardless, it won’t be a big deal to him at all.

Who cares about him......it’s a BIG DEAL to us. I wonder how he is handling this. I also wonder what is the most balls he has lost on a hole while playing alone on late in the afternoon while shooting his best round ever using nothing but Kirkland six piece golf balls after overhearing some ridiculous things on the driving range.
    Ping
  • CasualLieCasualLie Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood? Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭
    Major penalty??? $20,000 is major???

Spieth should just send in $40,000 to cover next year too.

• FIRs&GIRs&3-PuttsFIRs&GIRs&3-Putts Members Posts: 483 ✭✭
    Lifetime ban, $20,000,000 fine and the death penalty. Seems reasonable.
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Members Posts: 487 ✭✭

Lifetime ban, $20,000,000 fine and the death penalty. Seems reasonable.

The lifetime ban is a little over the top IMHO.
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,439 ✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2018 #70
    Monahan is going to make him play every event next year, including the opposite field events. British Open in the morning, on the tee at the Barbasol in the afternoon.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,392 ✭✭
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • Dave230Dave230 Members Posts: 3,769 ✭✭
    The fine won't mean anything to him, the 3 tournament suspension won't either if it's next season (probably won't play the first three tournaments anyway).

Could make him play two new events this year or play 26 next season. Really he should just play the new events, it's a lot easier and he wouldn't be in this predicament.
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 5,292 ✭✭

So apparently if YJS misses the Tour Championship he will break the "25 event minimum" rule. I get that he's made the TC every year since 2012, but how does his team let this happen? I wonder what the Tour would actually do to him? Suspend him for a Pro-Am?

https://www.google.c...imum-starts/amp

Hmmmm.... let's think. Didn't play enough events so let's suspend him.... making it even harder to play enough events........

How about a penalty that requires him to play MORE events, not LESS events ???

Is this like debtors prison?
    Dave230 wrote:

Could make him play two new events this year or play 26 next season. Really he should just play the new events, it's a lot easier and he wouldn't be in this predicament.

There are no events left for him to play this season. The new season starts Oct 1.
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    They'll fine him an undisclosed amount and he'll write it off as a loss. I think this happens quite a bit but it's news because it's Jordan.

I would have a bigger problem with it if he were playing in a bunch of Euro Tour appearance fee events but he just missed a tournament he normally plays in and had mono that kept him sidelined for a while.

It's no big deal but it's a PGA Tour off week so they need something to talk about.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,697 ClubWRX
    They've already said a suspension isn't part of the equation.
  • crcraigcrcraig Members Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Here's the problem I see. The individual tournaments/sponsors would like this rule to have real teeth. They really want the top guys to play in their tournaments. If the Tour fines Spieth $20K, that's setting a precedent at a number that is basically insignificant for exactly the group of players that this rule is aimed at. If I'm JT, DJ, Rose, Koepka, McIlroy, Fowler, etc (all guys that will play less than 25 events this season), why would I jump through hoops next year to play a new tournament if I can just pay $20K and keep my usual schedule?

Somehow the Tour has to make it clear to the players that this was a "special case" and that a deliberate attempt to break the rule will result in a much larger fine and/or suspension. They can't just be given a get-out-of-jail-for-20k card or the rule falls apart.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,756 ✭✭
    crcraig wrote:

Here's the problem I see. The individual tournaments/sponsors would like this rule to have real teeth. They really want the top guys to play in their tournaments. If the Tour fines Spieth $20K, that's setting a precedent at a number that is basically insignificant for exactly the group of players that this rule is aimed at. If I'm JT, DJ, Rose, Koepka, McIlroy, Fowler, etc (all guys that will play less than 25 events this season), why would I jump through hoops next year to play a new tournament if I can just pay $20K and keep my usual schedule?

Somehow the Tour has to make it clear to the players that this was a "special case" and that a deliberate attempt to break the rule will result in a much larger fine and/or suspension. They can't just be given a get-out-of-jail-for-20k card or the rule falls apart.

One possibility would be the tour "assigning" Jordan a fall tournament to play.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
    Does anybody have any actual facts on this topic? Something other than the opinions of the TV talking heads?
  • Dave230Dave230 Members Posts: 3,769 ✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2018 #81

Dave230 wrote:

There are no events left for him to play this season. The new season starts Oct 1.

Sorry I meant this year as in this year but next season (October/November).
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,439 ✭✭
    If the rule calls for a “suspension” they should suspend him from an event he usually plays in, which will basically require him to add an event not on his schedule. Pop him out of Bay Hill and maybe he adds the Louisiana team event or whatever.
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,323 ✭✭
    I hope he gets his putting woes straight.
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,387 ✭✭
    If the minimum number is 15 by adding certain events but can be circumvented by playing 25 it should be $20k for each shy of 25.

For Spieth it's $20k. Play 20 events it's $100k.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,323 ✭✭
    The only time I would even consider eating Chipotle is if I’m having a serious case of constipation, lol......
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 387 ✭✭

The only time I would even consider eating Chipotle is if I’m having a serious case of constipation, lol......

you probably thought the same thing about eating *u*** at the age of 12, minus the constipation fixer. give it a shot its all cooked fresh.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,836 ✭✭
    cpeck wrote:

you probably thought the same thing about eating *u*** at the age of 12, minus the constipation fixer. give it a shot its all cooked fresh.

Ducks ?
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭
    cpeck wrote:

giphy.gif
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭

cpeck wrote:

The only time I would even consider eating Chipotle is if I'm having a serious case of constipation, lol......

Ducks ?

giphy.gif
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028

Does anybody have any actual facts on this topic? Something other than the opinions of the TV talking heads?

He will not serve any suspension and he will get fined an undisclosed amount. That's all that will happen. It's actually a really simple situation but there's nothing to talk about this week so it is news.