End of the TF Gamer

glk23glk23 Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
Well, it looks like the end for my beloved TF Gamer. I noticed the price drop on ****'s web site for the Gamer so I went to my local store to see if they had them at the $11.97 price. I found one dozen on the shelf for $10.77 and no other store in my area had any. Luckily the women helped me order some from the web site for $10.77 plus free shipping so I grabbed 4 more dozen. This is a real bummer as I have been playing the Gamer since the v2 version came out. When ****'s purchased them, my local golf store had the v2 for $10 a dozen and I stocked up. When the 4 dozen arrive, I will have 7 dozen Gamers and 2 dozen Gamer Softs which should last me 4-5 years. I have loved this ball since I first played it and am quite disappointed it will be going away. If you like them as I do, better stock up while you still can.

Comments

• zzyzxx33zzyzxx33 Members Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    The Gamer shows up at $11.97 for me. The new Gamer Urethane is buy 2 get one free. So if you buy 6 dozen they are only $11.11 a dozen. I have not tried them but I a hoping to soon. Just to many K-Sigs right now,
  • glk23glk23 Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Yeah they are $11.97 online but rang up at $10.77 in store so that's the price I got when ordering them online at the store.
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭
    I have so many golf balls, I have 6 dozen Gamer's if you need more! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Neverfadeaway86Neverfadeaway86 Members Posts: 234
    Golf Galaxy and ****'s had a deal if you bought 4-5 boxes Gamer Urethane for 11.99 here in columbus, I bought 5 dozen and still have a few dozen gamer tours already
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]Au revoir, gopher ![/font]

[font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 913 D2[/font]
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 15 degree[/font]

[font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid Ping I20 20 degree[/font]
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]4 Hybrid: Ping G25 23 degree[/font]
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]5-Gap Wedge: Ping G30 [/font]
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]Sand Wedge: Ping Glide 56 degree [/font]
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]Lob Wedge: Ping Glide 60 degree[/font]
    [font=Titillium, Arial, sans-serif]Putter: Lynx Black Cat BC3 center shaft [/font]
    While I may try out the Gamer urethane at some point, the Gamer has been my go to ball for most of my rounds during the spring, fall and part of summer. Unless the greens are firm or the mercury drops into the 50's and below, I have liked this ball since first trying the v2 pushing 10 years ago.
  • PuttCurseRepeatPuttCurseRepeat It's a ball mark repair tool. Use it! Members Posts: 817 ✭✭
    Is there any more feedback on the Gamer U, particularly vs. the Gamer Tour? I think TF claims a new core in the GU, but has anyone put the two balls head to head?
  • citizenforecitizenfore Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2018 #8
    I hope it’s not completely true. Maybe just some brand reorganization again. I love the Gamer Yellow and have a dozen left but can’t get those anymore. Have a few dozen white and tour left as well. I did just get a few of the D2 Feel in Yellow today due to the flash sale and the buy 2 get one deal added in. That may be my new cheap front runner. It’s a decent ball for the price. I’m still bummed I never got to play the Gamer Soft. I have a box of the blue ones but they’re just really hard to see out there.
    Modern bag:
    Nike vr str8 fit tour set at 11
    Ping rapture v2 4 wood
    Nike vr_s 3 and 4 hybrids
    Maltby mmb 5-pw
    Carnahan 52/56/60 wedge
    Rotating door of putters

Sunday/quick nine walker:
    Callaway warbird deuce 2 wd
    Callaway warbird 4 wd
    Hogan apex pro 4-E
    Ping eye 2 W and S
    Ping cushin putter

Classic bag:
    Palmer Chattanooga driver
    Hogan Slotline 4 wd
    Palmer Standard 85 3-pw
    Same ping eye 2 sw
    Wilson professional 600 putter
    The D2 Feel is one of my favorite winter balls and I am glad they are staying around. I pick up a couple of boxes every other Black Friday/Cyber Monday and that lasts a couple of years. I finally tried the Gamer Softs last spring and am now glad I picked up a couple dozen at 2 for $25. While I like them fine, I still find the Gamer slightly longer off the tee. My 4 dozen Gamers at $10.77 each just arrived today. This, plus what I have on hand, should last somewhere in the 5 year range.
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,178 ✭✭

I hope it's not completely true. Maybe just some brand reorganization again. I love the Gamer Yellow and have a dozen left but can't get those anymore. Have a few dozen white and tour left as well. I did just get a few of the D2 Feel in Yellow today due to the flash sale and the buy 2 get one deal added in. That may be my new cheap front runner. It's a decent ball for the price. I'm still bummed I never got to play the Gamer Soft. I have a box of the blue ones but they're just really hard to see out there.

Mostly +1, I found the D2 Feel in yellow a nice summer ball, as it is surprisingly a bit firm. But, they feel great in the summer heat. The only drawback is they do not stop on the green. Gamersoft was great. Blue ones are horrible. I was a DSG fan. But, if they are trashing the Gamer line, time to move on to Srixon Soft Feel and QST.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    Stock up, if can or haven't, then recognize there are plenty of balls available that will provide similar performance, or better.

One of my 'cheap skate" buddies, only buys used 5A/Mint "tour balls" and gets them for what we calculated to be 48 cents a ball, so about $6/doz. I have seen the balls and most appear brand new.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • Dustin_JDustin_J St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 148 ✭✭
    GSDriver wrote:

Stock up, if can or haven't, then recognize there are plenty of balls available that will provide similar performance, or better.

One of my 'cheap skate" buddies, only buys used 5A/Mint "tour balls" and gets them for what we calculated to be 48 cents a ball, so about $6/doz. I have seen the balls and most appear brand new.

Does your buddy divulge his source(s)? That's a really sweet deal.
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,826 ✭✭
    Likely will come out with a new version/s, or next year, possibly called something different. I like the dimple/dimple design....and play the gamer, gamer soft, and d2 feel at the start and end of season.
    Two and half weeks after my original post and the TF Gamer is no longer on ****'s site. Thought the sale might go on a little longer but they must have been cleared out. I am glad I got my last little bit before they were gone.
  • Frisco KidFrisco Kid Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited Oct 2, 2018 #15
    I switched to the Srixon Qstar Tour after learning the Gamer Softs were no longer available. Decided to put the GS back in play today and they performed so well...great feel off all the clubs and putter. What a great ball and value they were.

Although the QSTs are a great replacement, they’re also double the price. Sure hope ****’s has a replacement in the works!
    Ping G30 Driver Tour 65 R
    Ping G30 3 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping G30 5 Metal TFC419 R
    Ping I200 4-P Modus 105 R
    Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, 58SS CFS
    Ping G Sigma Tyne Putter
    Ping DLX Cart Bag
    Frisco Kid wrote:

I switched to the Srixon Qstar Tour after learning the Gamer Softs were no longer available. Decided to put the GS back in play today and they performed so well...great feel off all the clubs and putter. What a great ball and value they were.

Although the QSTs are a great replacement, they're also double the price. Sure hope ****'s has a replacement in the works!

+1 It looks like the Usofts are also being cleared out as well. That leaves the D2 Feel the only comparable ball in the DSG line up? Not a bad ball.
  • wgpincwgpinc Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I just ordered 5 15 packs of Yellow D2 Feels. With the 4 1/2 dozen Yellow Gamers I have in the closet that should keep me playing TFs well into the future. Golfworks seems to have some TF Gamers at $10 a dozen still in stock for now in white but no yellow.
    edited Oct 8, 2018 #18
    wgpinc wrote:

I just ordered 5 15 packs of Yellow D2 Feels. With the 4 1/2 dozen Yellow Gamers I have in the closet that should keep me playing TFs well into the future. Golfworks seems to have some TF Gamers at $10 a dozen still in stock for now in white but no yellow.

Yellow D2 Feels are great. A little firmer than I expected for a lower compression 2 piece ball. But, still soft. It has some run out on the green. In the warmer weather, they felt really good. Nice yellow and a great value!
  • JDaxJDax Members Posts: 84
    The Top Flite Gamer isn’t being discontinued, they are just blowing out the stock of the previous gen before the next gen launches...
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #20
    JDax wrote:

The Top Flite Gamer isn’t being discontinued, they are just blowing out the stock of the previous gen before the next gen launches...

Do tell! We had the line buried. Is there a yellow gamersoft in the mix?
    Tanner25 wrote:
    JDax wrote:

I work at ****’S part time once a week, and we were told that the TF Gamer wasn’t being discontinued, that’s all I know at this time. When they tell us more, I’ll post it.

JDax wrote:

Tanner25 wrote:
    JDax wrote:

I work at ****’S part time once a week, and we were told that the TF Gamer wasn’t being discontinued, that’s all I know at this time. When they tell us more, I’ll post it.

ok thx
  • CR McDivotCR McDivot Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited Oct 13, 2018 #23
    JDax wrote:

Too late, though I liked the 3 pc Gamer Soft I've moved on. If they can't keep the supply line they don't need me!

I only go through 2 dozen or so a year, found a better ball. Cost a bit more but when I want a dozen I expect to be able to get it!
    CR McDivot wrote:
    JDax wrote:

Too late, though I liked the 3 pc Gamer Soft I've moved on. If they can't keep the supply line they don't need me!

I only go through 2 dozen or so a year, found a better ball. Cost a bit more but when I want a dozen I expect to be able to get it!

�
  • WoodersonWooderson Members Posts: 1,976 ✭✭
    Any updates? I have bought "good" balls like Z Star, Chrome, and many others, but my best rounds are always with a gamer in play.

Looking to stock up on balls now that winter sales are here. For those that like the gamer, how do you like the Wilson Duos in comparison.
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°
    Titleist 818 H1 25°
    G410 6-8/i200 9/PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza
    edited Nov 10, 2018 #26
    Wooderson wrote:

Any updates? I have bought "good" balls like Z Star, Chrome, and many others, but my best rounds are always with a gamer in play.

Looking to stock up on balls now that winter sales are here. For those that like the gamer, how do you like the Wilson Duos in comparison.

The Duos would be much softer than the gamers. Perhaps, Bridgestone e6 speed, Cut White, Cut Matte or Project S for 3 piece surlyn balls. If you go to a 2 piece ball. D2 feel is a good choice. They will be two for one on Black Friday at DSG. In my opinion for a little more money, Q Star tour is a great choice. But, cheaper than the premium balls.

edit: The cut matte white looks like a strong contender to replace the gamersoft. It is 3 piece surlyn and 65 compression.

https://www.cutgolf....cts/the-3-piece
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Jason mJason m Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Maple hill has a deal on e6 Bridgestone but they are orange. 3 dozen for 30$ and free shipping at 100$ I have never bought from them though. I have a few dozen e 6 white and a few gamers left. I like them both.
  • NJpatbeeNJpatbee Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    I played the Gamer Soft and have replaced it with the 2 piece DT TruSoft. I also found the e6 Soft to be almost the same as the Gamer Soft. The Maxfli Softfli is my backup and Fall ball but I am getting fed up with DSG and their tendency to discontinue balls (U/3 was my last big disappointment). They do sell them at low prices but I would prefer that they sell the Maxfli and Top Flight brands and patents to a company who's primary business is making golf balls.
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    As another stated here...I think the D2 Feel is a better ball. I've tried the gamer and found it to be ok. The D2 Feel is a sleeper...almost nobody gives it a look.
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • munichopmunichop Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Update on replacing the Gamer Soft. I was close to committing to the Srixon Soft Feel but I played it on my home course a week ago and never could dial in the yardages and short game. So I circled back to the D2+ feel balls and the previous Qstar version for this past weeks audition. The D2+ feel won that battle and is now in the lead. I read the description of the Cut white matte and it looks intriguing. I don't have a real mens club event until December that I will play so there is some time yet but the D2+ seems to be the closest match tee to green. It doesn't spin as much for me around the greens so I will have to adjust a little. I am also putting different driver and fairways in the bag for the cooler season so a lot still in flux.
    munichop wrote:

Update on replacing the Gamer Soft. I was close to committing to the Srixon Soft Feel but I played it on my home course a week ago and never could dial in the yardages and short game. So I circled back to the D2+ feel balls and the previous Qstar version for this past weeks audition. The D2+ feel won that battle and is now in the lead. I read the description of the Cut white matte and it looks intriguing. I don't have a real mens club event until December that I will play so there is some time yet but the D2+ seems to be the closest match tee to green. It doesn't spin as much for me around the greens so I will have to adjust a little. I am also putting different driver and fairways in the bag for the cooler season so a lot still in flux.

D2+ feels feel great and are priced right. But, watch out in the summer's heat, those balls hit and run on the green like a Velocity.