TXG partners with Golfwrx

FairwindsgolferFairwindsgolfer Members Posts: 616
edited Sep 10, 2018 in General Golf Talk #1
I just saw the YouTube announcement a minute ago.

Forgive me if this is been posted already.

To say this is a match made in heaven is stating the obvious. I can't wait to see the content that will come out of this collaboration

Comments

• ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,025 ✭✭
    I know! I just saw it, too. What a great pairing. Should be some good content to come. Go Canada!
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,071 ✭✭
    Pretty good pairing and the great content will be even better
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,833 ClubWRX
    Who on youtube doesn't WRX partner with? Don't they already partner with Rick Sheils, Peter Finch, Mark Crossfield and now TXG?
  • FairwindsgolferFairwindsgolfer Members Posts: 616
    03trdblack wrote:

Who on youtube doesn't WRX partner with? Don't they already partner with Rick Sheils, Peter Finch, Mark Crossfield and now TXG?

I am not current on the formal collaborations that WRX is involved with.

TXG was the only one I saw which referenced the collaboration, but I am not an avid viewer of Shields and the others. Thus, there very well could be videos on other collabs that I'm just not aware of.
  • lvmikelvmike Members Posts: 685
    Was so excited to see this partnership! Been watching TXG on YouTube for months.

Unfortunately, some of the TXG subscribers/comments weren’t so nice to us GolfWRXers. Hope some of the collaboration helps change some mindsets.
    *on order* 9* Taylormade M5 w/Tensei Pro White
    vs
    *waiting on USPS* 8.5* Ping G400LST w/stock Alta

15* Taylormade M3 w/GD AD BB-7
    Srixon U85 3 iron w/UST Recoil
    Srixon Z545 4-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*
    Bettinardi QB 8 33"

Backups:
    Odyssey O-Works Black #7s 33"
    Scotty Studio Style Newport 2 33" (custom shop)
  • Air23Air23 Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Seen these guys on Youtube. Feel like I learn something new everytime I watch one of the videos on the channel.
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 1,588 ✭✭
    I'm tired of the letter "X".
  • hlcahlca Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    It sounds good in principle, but nothing much has come out of the GWRX collabs with Shiels, Finch, Clement. Those guys would have just put out those vids in their own name, instead of putting the GWRX logo in the corner / title shot.
    Callaway X2 Hot driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 stiff shaft
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3W 15* w/ stock shaft
    TaylorMade Jetspeed 3H 19* w/ stock shaft
    Callaway X2 Hot 5-AW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 stiff shaft
    Callaway MD4 S-Grind 54* 58* w/ stock shaft
    Nike Method MOD 60 putter
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    I've never heard of TXG. Honestly thought this was a PXG type-o.
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    TXG is the best YouTube channel out there. The information and care they provide is second to none.
  • ByeBye Members Posts: 1,307 ✭✭
    I am really please about this, hopefully it will mean even more content from the TXG guys. I stumbled across them last week, a video about using a 5 wood or hybrid, since the I have been hooked.

Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X - 44.5 inches
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 21 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
    Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
    Titleist Pro V1
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭
    Really great news, love TXG's content.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,249 ClubWRX
    Geez I'm really old. They're never talked about on Myspace.
    Unfortunately the derogatory comments directed towards the golfwrx readers, have been continuing into tonight on the TXG YouTube channel.

Not sure why this kind of stuff has to happen among fellow golfers.
    To be expected though to some extent. People are protective over "their" channel i.e. people who discovered them right at the start last year. Now that they're more popular fans of TXG from the start (or some anyway) are going to feel insecure.

It's like when your favourite local band have a hit single or get signed and they become the next big thing. You no longer get as much direct access, it's not something exclusive to a minority any longer.

To be expected though to some extent. People are protective over "their" channel i.e. people who discovered them right at the start last year. Now that they're more popular fans of TXG from the start (or some anyway) are going to feel insecure.

It's like when your favourite local band have a hit single or get signed and they become the next big thing. You no longer get as much direct access, it's not something exclusive to a minority any longer.

Jonny..

That is a fantastic analogy and I understand better why the comments are being made

Jonny..

That is a fantastic analogy and I understand better why the comments are being made

Thank you kindly - it's the best way I could put it to encapsulate what appears to be random/nonsensical comments which are actually borne out of fear.
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members Posts: 1,507 ✭✭
    TXG is pretty good at discussing various golf issues in depth and I've been watching since the beginning, even when they first showed up on Clements channel. However they are too long winded and need to more concise in their reviews. WRX is definitely picking up the best YouTubers though.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    edited Sep 14, 2018 #20
    jimb6golf wrote:

TXG is pretty good at discussing various golf issues in depth and I've been watching since the beginning, even when they first showed up on Clements channel. However they are too long winded and need to more concise in their reviews. WRX is definitely picking up the best YouTubers though.

Ian has tons of insider info and cool little tidbits to share. It is "long winded" at times, but if you're in the audience that they cater to, it's gold. It's meant to be in-depth and somewhat science/physics based at times. Nobody else I have found on Youtube or really the internet in general has this level of understanding of equipment and dynamics of it during the golf swing. Maybe couple of guys here are on that level, but they don't have the platform TXG does.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• TXG is the best YouTube channel out there. The information and care they provide is second to none.

Agree 100%! I never even cared that much about tech before, but Ian's natural, genuine, hypergeeky enthusiasm is incredibly infectious so now I'm fascinated by it. No hype with him either (unlike 99% of golf youtubers), you can just tell he's really into the details and it's amazing to listen to.
  • canuckpoker&golfcanuckpoker&golf Members Posts: 1
    I'm very lucky, TXG is only 45 minutes from my house. I've been watching the videos for several months. I took a drive over this morning to see the place. It's a very nice, upscale place.

Ian was there doing a fitting, but took a few minutes to talk to me and answer a few questions. Cam was also very helpful. I booked a full session with Ian in Oct. I've always enjoyed the process of going through a fitting, but TXG fittings look to be at the next level. I'm excited to see what changes in equipment can do for me.

After leaving there I went to the nearby big box golf store (Canadian, you know the one). I wanted to hit a few of the new Titleist drivers. They advertised a fitting day today. They had one TS2 head. The guy asked me what shaft to put on it, he setup the simulator and walked away. I'll never buy another club from them.
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers Posts: 501 ✭✭
    I saw the same video yesterday.
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most
  • sos7sos7 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Txg is one of the best channels out there
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,037 ✭✭
    I've spent so much time watching TXG. Excited to see the partnership develop
  • 2Bad4u2Bad4u Members Posts: 212
    Great news for both sides but I'm not sure what if anything will change here. Perhaps TXG will become an official site sponsor if they are not already.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Pioneer Bag
    Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 R-Flex
    Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
    Ping G400 4h, 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex
    Ping G700 7-PW, UW, SW, Recoil 780 ES F3 SmacWrap
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]˚ & 64˚, Recoil 760 ES F3 SmacWrap[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Sigma G D66 | Sigma G Tyne Putters
    Snell MTB Black | MTB Red (Yellow), Golf Pride MCC+4 Grips
    Seamus Headcovers, Clicgear 3.5+ Cart, Leupold GX-4i2 Rangefinder [/font]
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 479 ✭✭

I'm very lucky, TXG is only 45 minutes from my house. I've been watching the videos for several months. I took a drive over this morning to see the place. It's a very nice, upscale place.

Ian was there doing a fitting, but took a few minutes to talk to me and answer a few questions. Cam was also very helpful. I booked a full session with Ian in Oct. I've always enjoyed the process of going through a fitting, but TXG fittings look to be at the next level. I'm excited to see what changes in equipment can do for me.

After leaving there I went to the nearby big box golf store (Canadian, you know the one). I wanted to hit a few of the new Titleist drivers. They advertised a fitting day today. They had one TS2 head. The guy asked me what shaft to put on it, he setup the simulator and walked away. I'll never buy another club from them.

Golftown is the worst place to buy golf stuff; especially clubs. The only thing that's worth keeping an eye out for is liquidation of old stock (be it clothes or otherwise), as occasionally some good things are deeply discounted... but for the most part it's just a big store full of idiots and garbage.
    2Bad4u wrote:

Great news for both sides but I'm not sure what if anything will change here. Perhaps TXG will become an official site sponsor if they are not already.

Agree, as said above the MC partnership hadn't actually yielded anything of note up to date.
  • Shades234Shades234 Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Did anyone attend the TXG Session in Orlando? Curious about it. I saw a mention on their YT page that they were going to to come to SD at the beginning of December, but never heard anything else. Maybe I missed it.
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,647 ✭✭

Unfortunately the derogatory comments directed towards the golfwrx readers, have been continuing into tonight on the TXG YouTube channel.

Not sure why this kind of stuff has to happen among fellow golfers.

You actually read comments on YouTube videos? That just sounds like a poor life choice.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    We finally put the deal together - lots of long nights and weekends, but we got it done.

I am sick of cheese danishes and platter meals.